PDA

View Full Version : Wow, 2 nice stands...

JMK
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:15:56 PM
Anyone who's watching the Giants - Niners tilt knows what I'm talking about. Niners inside the 20 twice with first downs and come away with only one field goal - a barely made field goal at that. Anyone watching????

BUFFJEDI
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:19:19 PM
blah, blah , blah ;)

when do the cowboy's play!!!!!!!!:smokin

JMK
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:22:44 PM
Down with the Cowboys! To hell with 'em!:p

BUFFJEDI
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:30:55 PM
:lol

that's no way to talk about this years SUPER BOWL champs !!!hey didn't I say that last year ? and the year before that?:\

JMK
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:41:02 PM
Super Bowl champs??? In what NFL 2K3???
Even their cheerleaders suck! :p

BUFFJEDI
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:46:10 PM
hey I lived and DALLAS!!! met several of there cheeleaders , so let me tell you something MR ................they sure do :D :rollin

JMK
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:49:39 PM
OWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! :D :D :D

Now that's the Buff we know and love!!

BUFFJEDI
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:52:33 PM

it's a sad , sad world:angel

CMJ
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:55:38 PM
I was born and raised in the Dallas area but I hate the Cowboys.

Then I move to Los Angeles...where I hate the Lakers.

Boy do I have good luck. :p

JMK
Sep 5th, 2002, 08:06:03 PM
Live in Montreal, love the Dolphins. Go figure. :\

This game is really turning into a turnover fest!

BUFFJEDI
Sep 5th, 2002, 08:07:06 PM
Jmk GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!!! I was talking about there peformance :evil

CMJ, how could you hate the cowboy's ?????? But the Lakers I can understand.

when I was living in Dallas/plano It amazed me how peoples moods were changed by the way the cowboy's played. if they won EVERYBODY was your best friend, if they lost DO NOT TALK to anyone.

My first fight in Dallas was brought on by me saying that the cowboy's were going to win the super bowl that year. A guy at the bar (were I worked ) sai that I was stupid there was NO way in HELL they would win etc etc . ( they started out slow that year) anyway the words got heated, I asume he thought since I worked there I wouldn't beat his ARS, well he was not only wrong about the cowboy's he was wrong about the ARs beating too.I will admit he popped me pretty good on the forehead(had a bump there for a day ) But that was small time to his cracked jaw, and busted ribs :):):) anyway no charges , Cowboy's won superbowl guy becomes my best customer , just like the movies!!!!BTW no charges filed :thumbup and kept my job because owners were BIG, HUGE Cowboy fans>

God, to be young agian :(

BUFFJEDI
Sep 5th, 2002, 08:08:57 PM
Dolphins they did have the GREATEST QB ever:)

wish he would unretire and play for the boy's.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:33:48 PM
I disagree with you there Buff, I always have thought that it was Joe Montana, but hey thats my opinion. As far as the game it was a great one, first the Giants go down and tie the game with 2 minutes left, giving the 49ers plenty of time to win the game, 16-13 with a FG, with 6 seconds left. I have to say it was a great way to start the NFL season.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 5th, 2002, 10:28:08 PM
Joe Montana!!!!

:love I adore the 49ers, even though he left, went to Kansas City and then retired. Niners all the way baby!!

I don't like the Cowboys. :x

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 5th, 2002, 10:30:23 PM
BUFF, my sweets, Ive found our first bone of contention :cry

Im sorry but I detest the you-know-who's that you just love :(

Guess that will have to be one of our taboo subjects :|

*sees that she and LD are united on this front*

LD, ya think this means we might have to whip up on our man? :spank

Figrin D'an
Sep 5th, 2002, 10:33:58 PM
Ah, the "greatest QB" debate... :)

Tough to say, of course, but I would agree that both Marino and Montana are among the best. Just for the sake of arguement, I'll throw another name out there.... Johnny Unitas.

And yes, excellent game... I was impressed at how well the Giants young offensive line played... Collins had time to throw in most cases. Owens had an aweful game... he did make a big play on the 49ers final drive to get them into field goal range, but beyond that... he was double and triple covered, knocked around, and just plain dropped some catchable passes. Granted, it's the first game, and it usually takes a half or three quarters for an offense to really get into sync... he'd better play better next week against Denver.... the Niners were lucky to come away with a win tonight. On the flip side, the Giants played pretty well... it's a tough loss, but something that they can build upon.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 5th, 2002, 10:38:28 PM
>D We can whup him. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 5th, 2002, 10:40:22 PM
Have to think that the Giants would be better if they had a QB better than Collins, those 3 ints really cost them, IMO.

Figrin D'an
Sep 5th, 2002, 10:45:50 PM
Two of those INT's were not Collin's fault though... they were passes that got tipped into the air coming off the receivers' hands... the last one was on him... he can't fumble the ball as much as he did last year either... personally, I would have gone to Shockey more... bigger target, especially across the middle and in the red zone...

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 5th, 2002, 11:04:36 PM
I didn't get to see the whole game, so maybe I was wrong about two of those INT's, still, I have never thought that Collins is that good of a QB, I'd say he is average really at best. Not sure what to expect from the Giants, they will probably win 8 or 7 games, anything more would be a surprise, IMO.

Figrin D'an
Sep 5th, 2002, 11:15:30 PM
I agree, the Giants might win nine games.... maybe make the playoffs, but it will be tough in the NFC East... Collins can work in Fassel's system, but he has to make smart decisions, find the open receivers (which he did most of the time in tonight's game), and let the running game be the heart of the offense... the defense will have to win a few games for them this season though, if they hope to make a playoff run...

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 5th, 2002, 11:29:43 PM
Greatest QB's, eh? Hmmm........this could be a different thread entirely.

1. Joe Montana No contest, hands down!!

2. Bart Starr Back in the good ol' days when they called all thier own plays! :)

3. Dan Marino Bless his heart! He always had the numbers, just never got the ring!

4. Steve Young One of the quickest qb's ever! Could outrun most of the defensive players, lol.

Im pretty undecided after those. Johnny Unitas comes to mind, Joe Namath, Troy Aikman, Kenny Stabler....they were all good :)

JonathanLB
Sep 6th, 2002, 02:22:19 AM
No question, Joe Montana is the greatest QB ever to play the game.

One of my other favorites is obviously Steve Young, who is one of the 10 greatest ever easily. I watched him all of the time and was always a huge Niners fan. I became a fan watching Montana as a younger kid though, my dad had me watch the Niners and I always loved watching, they were great! So that's why I'm a Niners fan. Plus, besides the Seahawks, Niners are closest to Portland. The Seahawks are unremarkable...

Most everyone hates the Cowboys. Why? Because they are CRIMINALS. I do not like CRIMINALS playing sports, plain and simple. I don't like it when my home town Blazers keep getting these damn criminals either, and I make fun of them about it because they deserve it, and I certainly don't like seeing a whole team that should be taking CON-AIR, not their Dallas Cowboys Team Airplane or whatever.

There are ONLY two types of people: those who hate the Cowboys and those who love them.

Well ok, there are the people who have no idea about anything football related, but I'm talking about among NFL fans.

I don't hate the Cowboys as much now, but as my dad once said, "There is just something about the Cowboys everyone loves to hate!" Amen.

Jedieb
Sep 6th, 2002, 08:13:16 AM
I was very impressed with the Giants' effort last night. They looked much better than I thought they would. The defense looks to have weathered the loss of key veterans. I thought Collins played a great game. If not for those 2 tips/INT's the game could have gone their way. I think the Giants' offense will improve as Shockney's game improves. He's the key. With the Toomer and Hilliard they've got recievers that can move the ball. I hate to say it, but this team could be much better than I thought. Ughh..

Best QB's
It's hard to pick one above all others. I've always thought that the key is to be part of the discussion. If your name gets thrown in the discussion then you're one of the best. If only Marino had gotten the breaks that Elway had late in his career. A couple of Superbowl wins at the end and I think Marino would have elevated himself above Montana and Unitas. But anyway, here's my short list;

In alpabetical order;
Elway
Favre (He's going to end up with career numbers that rival Marino)
Marino
Montana
Unitas

JMK
Sep 6th, 2002, 08:46:01 AM
Marino! Marino! Marino!

JonathanLB
Sep 6th, 2002, 04:59:59 PM
Elway proved he is great with TWO Super Bowl wins at the end of his career. Before that, he was a loser. Literally. Anyone who implodes in 3 straight Super Bowl appearances is just a loser. But then he proved he can actually get the job done, plus he's a likeable guy, and he had a great career.

My dad loves Favre. He's a tough guy, and I like him a lot, but even Garcia of the Niners is a superior QB. He's more accurate, he throws less interceptions, he has a better arm, he's just a better quarterback. But he hasn't had as many years in the league either and he needs to win a Super Bowl as Favre did to prove his worthiness. Otherwise, Favre is still ahead. Nonetheless, Favre doesn't impress me that much. He can downright suck sometimes.

JMK
Sep 6th, 2002, 05:17:13 PM
Until Garcia wins a big game, or re-writes some records, he'll never be great in my books. No, Marino didn't win the big one either, but he had no supporting cast. And just because you lose 3 superbowls in a row, it doesn't make you a loser. Think about it, only 2 QB's get that far every year, and after 3 years, to still be there really means something. That's alot of football to play in 3 years. Is Marv Levy a loser because his Bills lost 4 superbowls in a row? Hell no, he gone down as one of the greatest, most respected and cherished coaches ever. Jim Kelly is in his boat too.