PDA

View Full Version : Special Gift

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 5th, 2002, 03:30:08 PM
It was a brisk new morning, and the scorching suns had just began to light the vast skies above. Kindo arose from the comforts of his bed, strolling into his kitchen for an appetizing breakfast before a long day of laborious training. To his surprise, Zeke was already wide awake, and perched upon the couch.

" Good morning friend. "

Ki made himself a delicious bowl of cereal, then sat down at one of the kitchen chairs to eat. Then unexpectedly, someone began knocking on the door. Kindo laid down his spoon, and walked over to the entrance, embarrassingly still wearing his nightly pajamas. He opened the door, only to see that no one was there to be met. He glanced down briefly, and something caught his eyes, a white package. It was addressed to Ki Adi Kindo.

He returned to his previous seat, laying the box before him. He gaped at it for a while, trying to investigate it’s origin. He then vigorously tore into the package, only to find a paper document and another cylinder container. On the document…

Dear Ki Adi,
It is your father Lance Kindo, Count of Serenno. This letter will be delivered to you
when you reach the age of 25. I don’t know where I imagine I shall be or what I shall be doing, but I wanted you to have something great, something once mine, but now yours. I hope you will cherish it just has I did, and wield it wield it with great skill and ability. I am very proud that you can now receive this gift, for I hope you accomplish far more good than I ever will. When you use this, remember how much I love you, Ki Adi. I am very proud of you.

Azure tears began to fall from the Jedi’s eyes has he read the letter, remembering his great father who loved him so much. It brought him great joy to know his father was proud of him, and that he was making a great difference, bringing more peace to the vast galaxy. Immediately he opened the second cylinder package, revealing the object within. His father’s lightsaber. Without delay he ran his finger past the ignition switch, emitting a saffron beam outward from the steel hilt. Teardrops still flowed from his eyes, has even at that moment that the blade hissed loudly, he remembered that his father loved him, and he loved his father.

Zeke
Sep 5th, 2002, 04:28:22 PM
Zeke was squatting on the back of the couch, remote in hand, scanning the holoprojector for cartoons when he heard the hiss of a saber. He had both his on him, so...

"Kindo! Nice blade!" He saw the shine of tears in his roommate's eye. "Something wrong, dude?"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 5th, 2002, 05:38:51 PM
Kindo turned his attention towards Zeke, who was wondering the reason why his sapphire tears were running down his face. The Jedi reflected back a sincere and genuine smile, one he was well known for.

" Nothing is wrong, nothing at all. In fact, everything is just right. "

Zeke
Sep 5th, 2002, 06:33:00 PM
"Just checkin', pal. Where'd the saber come out of? Didja build it?"

He turned off the holoprojector and went over to Kindo, snatching some toast he'd made earlier and took a chair at the table, checking out the laserblade.