PDA

View Full Version : Mace Windu is up to something.....

Darth Viscera
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:32:33 AM
I'm reviewing the SVCD of AOTC now, and noticing things I've never noticed before, like this scene from 20 minutes into the movie during the jedi council scene:

Yoda: Track down this bounty hunter you must, Obi-Wan.

Mace Windu: Most importantly, find out who he is working for.

(Plo Kloon, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Yoda turn slightly to look at Mace, then turn their heads back to their original positions)

Anakin Skywalker: As the leader of the opposition it will be very difficult to get Senator Amidala to leave the capital.

(Mace Windu gives sort of a quarter nod and looks disappointed, bites his lip, Yoda chimes in)

Yoda: Until caught this killer is, our judgement she must respect. Hghmmm.

(Yoda closes his eyes and meditates on this for a quarter of a second. Clearly, the duo's meeting with the Council is over. But Mace Windu begins speaking. Yoda is startled, and opens his eyes to look to towards Mace in very slight bewilderment.)

Mace Windu: Anakin, go to the senate and ask Chancellor Palpatine to speak to her about this matter.

Obi-Wan and Anakin bow and exit through the large, low-sounding doors..ominous music plays....

Next scene, Anakin is speaking to Chancellor Palpatine, a direct result of Mace Windu's encouragement.

Thinking on this for a minute, there are 2 conclusions I can draw. The first is that Mace Windu is aiding the dark side. However, Yoda's statement that there can only be 2 sith refutes that.

The second conclusion is that Mace is acting alone, (arrogantly) trying to flush out the identity of the Sith Master by any means necessary. He's being a bit of a vigilante in his search for the Sith, which the Jedi don't approve of. It also fits the type of character Sam Jackson can play.

ReaperFett
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:35:56 AM
First wont happen, if only because Lucas wouldnt dare have the traitor be black AGAIN. Morons are everywhere to slate him :)

Second though, sounds plausable and a good theory

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:41:25 AM
I think it would be interesting to have Mace Windu betray the council but I certainly don't think it's in his character, as he would say. As for the whole black thing, it drives me nuts that people even give a crap about black/white nonsense these days, they are morons.

The whole vigilante thing is very plausible though. That could be what leads to his inevitable demise and brings him into a direct confrontation with Palpatine, Dooku and/or Anakin. Very interesting.

ReaperFett
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:44:25 AM
I dont think THAT's a spoiler ;)

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:47:55 AM
I saw someone else - I'm almost sure it was you, but I could be wrong - mask a very similar comment in the past. Although I'm pointing out the obvious, I still wouldn't want to make those unaware or utterly daft to think: "Damn! I had no idea that would happen!" :)

Oriadin
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:56:43 AM
I think the second choice is possible but not likely. Your probably just reading too much into nothing about everyones actions. Youve got me thinking though, and I will keep my eye out when I watch it next.

Darth Viscera
Sep 5th, 2002, 10:08:53 AM
Another thing to ponder...

Obi-Wan (holo): ...They say Master Sifo-Dyas placed an order for a clone army at the request of the Senate almost 10 years ago....

(Yoda closes his eyes for half a moment, thinking. He opens them again and glances sideways at Mace Windu, his head curving up so he's staring straight at Mace, inquisitively, slightly angrily. Mace sharply turns to return Yoda's gaze, but makes no facial expression. He appears to be hiding his emotions.)

Obi-Wan (holo) (cont.): ...I was under the impression he was killed before that.

(Obi-Wan) (holo) (to Mace): Did the council ever authorize the creation of an army?

Mace Windu: (small sigh) No. Whoever placed that order did not have the authorization of the Jedi Council.

Ah, so Mace Windu's vigilante attitude has been in place for 10 years. One can infer that Master Sifo-Dyas' death occured perhaps because he too was going vigilante against the Sith, likely far moreso than Mace. Good cop, bad cap, Mace being the good cop, Sifo-Dyas being the bad cop who orders 1.2 million clone troopers.

JMK
Sep 5th, 2002, 10:49:51 AM
Interesting theories. While I think Windu is clean, I have thought that he was acting a little strange at times. But you're right, he's probably just being very aggressive in his search for the Sith.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 5th, 2002, 11:54:01 AM
The latter theory isn't bad and quite plausable, I do think Mace and maybe Yoda know more especially from there looks in TPM.

Darth Viscera
Sep 5th, 2002, 02:14:21 PM
I was hoping that subtitles would shed some light on the Yoda scene where Qui-Gon Jinn's voice was heard, but the subtitle is just this:

[ Qui-Gon Jinn's Voice ]
Anakin! Anakin! No-o-o!

Admiral Lebron
Sep 5th, 2002, 02:54:16 PM
I think Mace's rougeness is his character. He seems to be more of an aggresive jedi as opposed to Yoda.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:42:49 PM
I think Lucas wants to keep that hidden until Ep 3, I was hoping there was more in the book but there wasn't either.