PDA

View Full Version : So, funny thing happened on the way to the SW Forum...

FLMKR4EB
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:24:31 AM
I got apgraded to Casting Director on a 20 min film, and boy does it suck, in a good way. Its hard to find solid actors for short indi films. Anyway, thats where I've been. Traveling, meetng with producers, investors, and actors. PLus working on rejuvinating a print of Romeo + Juliet to make a few bucks on the side. So, how is everyone?

Haven't seen many movies, so I'll just leave my over all opinions of the few I've seen.

Signs: A-, could've made my top ten, but M. Night missed like 100 opportunities to have fun and really grip me, instead he inserted himself as a pivtol yet unneccessary character.

xXx: A-, I thought I was going to regret seeing it, but I really enjoyed it. A top notch summer action movie that had thrills. chills, guns, and explosions.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 5th, 2002, 11:33:21 AM
Welcome back, I was wondering what happened, but I knew you were in the movie buisness so I figured something had came up. That film sounds like fun, I hope you are enjoying it more than CMJ on his little project.

CMJ
Sep 5th, 2002, 12:00:27 PM
Man...good to know you're still there. I thought you fell off a cliff or something. ;)

darth_mcbain
Sep 5th, 2002, 05:43:53 PM
Yeah, I saw your username before and was thinking it had been a while since we'd heard from you...

I saw Signs recently and pretty much agree with your assessment. I liked it quite a bit, but I think there were a few opportunities that presented themselves that may have been developed a little more, but overall really good flick.

Haven't seen XXX and don't have much desire to. Maybe it'll be renter some night...

FLMKR4EB
Sep 5th, 2002, 06:33:49 PM
Def rent it xXx, I don't know why I fell for it, I guess it was cause I wasn't even expecting to like an ounce of it, and I was hooked by the homages to Bond, and most esspecially The Third Man, as Wells is one of my heros. At least give it a try.

JonathanLB
Sep 6th, 2002, 02:27:49 AM
XXX is one of the best action movies ever made, I think. It is right up there with Die-Hard and Speed and those types of things. For me, I'd have to see it a few more times before I put it ahead of those classics, but seriously, that film was awesome.

I'd give it a solid A, probably like a 95 or 96 out of 100.

Signs, eh, was disappointed. Compared to what I thought it would be, I thought it sucked. C+ (2.5 stars).

Well if you do want to know about the movies that came out this summer, not that you will agree with me or anything, hehe, but I have my entire site updated and saw everything except Juwanna Mann and Powerpuff Girls, but those films, eh, don't think you'll be dying to see either of them really ;)

http://www.jlbmovies.com/NewReleases.shtml

Nice to see you back, odd to have you gone for a while, hehe.

Sounds like you are keeping yourself busy with interesting stuff though nonetheless.

FLMKR4EB
Sep 6th, 2002, 02:04:45 PM
Thanks all, I'm off for the next few weeks, well, not off, just I've got my time back. Glad to see everyone is busy. Here's a cool update, today I ran into some hot girls, whom I haven't seen sincec May. I'm very happy now.

Admiral Lebron
Sep 6th, 2002, 02:40:15 PM
Lucky bum.

JMK
Sep 6th, 2002, 07:03:31 PM
Can you send her this way too? (Inside Joke! :lol)

Mu Satach
Sep 9th, 2002, 06:42:27 PM
xXx?!?!?!?! >_<
Rent it... no.... wait for it to show up on basic cable... it has no plot for comercials to interfear with. Unless your like me and just wanted to see something to laugh at.

*suddenly has an urge to go rent some Felini flicks*

;)