PDA

View Full Version : how is GL going to pull it off ?

Overflow
Sep 5th, 2002, 02:53:33 AM
Ep 3 will be a very dark one.
almost everybody good dies. there will be a lot of fights with the dark side winning. and this after in Ep 2, Obi Wan and Anakin lose too. there is only a big series of defeats.
how will the end of Ep 3 be like ? if you thought that Ep 2's end left you with a feeling of emptyness wait untill you see Ep 3's ending.

darth_mcbain
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:00:52 AM
I agree - I think Ep. III will be extremely dark and things will not look good for the galaxy at the end... That will lead nicely into Ep. IV, though, A New Hope...

JMK
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:21:54 AM
I think there will be a bittersweet ending. For the sake of the viewers, there will have to be a sense of hope for the future, which we will see with the birth and protection of Padme's twins.
But for the sake of the story, everything else will be destroyed and the Empire will take over.

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:45:49 AM
Yes, there has to be a hint at the hope at the end of the film for the sake of the film. After all, although it has to be a dark film - I doubt Lucas's abilities to make a dark film, AOTC was supposed to be dark, I didn't find it nearly dark enough - I think because this is the last ever SW film then it has to have some happiness in it. Maybe Palpatine is presented with a nobel peace prize or something.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 5th, 2002, 11:58:50 AM
LOL that would be humerous. As far as the ending I like what JMK said, it could be on Tattooine and we see Obi-Wan walk off after giving Luke to Owen and Beru and we see the twin suns setting behind them. Still, I remember another thread where Doc said all the endings have mirrored the endings of OT (TPM-ANH, AOTC-TESB) Not sure how EP 3 will mirror ROTJ, I can't see much celebration, unless we see it from the bad guys, or maybe we will see ghost of three jedi (Qui-Gon, Mace, and somebody) not sure how else it would mirror ROTJ though.

Doc Milo
Sep 5th, 2002, 12:35:03 PM
How about this:

INT. ORGANA RESIDENCE -- ALDERAAN -- NIGHT

Padme covers both twins in cloths, tears streaming down her cheeks. She looks up to Obi-Wan, who waits patiently.

PADME
I can't do it, Ben. I just can't.

Obi-Wan smiles gently, and places a hand on her shoulder.

OBI-WAN
We must all make sacrifices, Mi Lady.
These are dark times. And your children
are our only hope.

PADME
But Anakin . . .

OBi-WAN
Anakin is dead.

He takes baby Luke into his arms.

OBI-WAN
It's the only way....

Padme regretfully nods, takes baby Leia into her arms and turns. She hands the baby to Bail Organa, who is standing behind them. Next to Bail is Bail's wife, tears streaming down her face (writer's note: she had just lost her baby in childbirth. )

OBI-WAN
I will protect him to the best of
my ability. I promise you.

EXT. LARS HOMESTEAD -- TATOOINE

Obi-Wan hands baby Luke to Beru. Owen leers at him. Beru turns and heads down into the living quarters. After she leaves, Owen turns on Obi-Wan. Owen is visibly disgusted with the turn of events. After exchanging heated words (can't think of any dialogue to write just now) Obi-Wan turns toward the twin moons hanging on the horizon. As he reaches his landspeeder, he gets in and looks to the horizon. There he sees the ghosts of Qui-Gon Jinn and Mace Windu staring forlornly at him. Joining them are the ghosts of ten thousand Jedi who had died during the Great Purge.

darth_mcbain
Sep 5th, 2002, 12:56:16 PM
Not bad Doc... Oh, the fun of speculation... :)

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:52:47 PM
I wouldn;t be surprised it if DID end as Doc has said.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 5th, 2002, 10:35:39 PM
Pretty good Doc. I disagree with Padme leaving Leia, I think she will go with Bail Organa and die not long after, mostly because of Leia's line in ROTJ.

JMK
Sep 6th, 2002, 08:27:29 AM
Nice Doc!
I've always thought E3 would end in a similar fashion. But of course I'm probably wrong...

Tyreal Dalarsco
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:23:48 PM
I can bet that Ep III will be one of the few movies that can make me cry. Hell, I didn't even cry watching Titanic. But of course, Titanic blowz.
Doc, that ending kicks <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>!

Oriadin
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:02:34 AM
there are so many questions still left to be answerd. I wonder if Lucas has left himself to much to do in the last movie. Perhaps not, but there is a lot that has to happen in two hours.

JMK
Nov 12th, 2002, 07:42:52 AM
There is, and sometimes I get scared that he's going to muck it up. I worry that the movie will be so frantically paced (alot like TPM) that it will seem like just a bunch of vignettes sewn together just to answer questions...

Oriadin
Nov 12th, 2002, 08:59:50 AM
I wonder if we could be looking at the longest star wars movie. I too am worried that things are just gonna be thrown together to tie everything up. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Mistress Tatiana
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:53:11 PM
I think the real challange is how is GL going to keep the element of surprise that everyone experienced when they found out that Darth Vader was really Anakin, and that Luke and Leia were twins. He said he would make the movies in such a way that even if you watch them from the begining, the surprise will still be there. I can't wait to see how he pulls that off. :)

JMK
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:12:23 PM
I don't know if he can pull it off. Once we see Padme pregnant, we will automatically assume Anakin is the father, unless he brews up that love triangle that no one wants to see and makes Padme come across as a two-timer...then again, we are led to believe that Anakin will die.