PDA

View Full Version : It's just like putting a puzzle together!

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:54:32 PM
Wei sat on the floor, pieces scattered about him. A diagram and a set of written instructions were before him and he held tow pieces in his hands.

"Now I put these two together like this...." Wei said to himself. He was finally getting to make his own lightsaber. His master had given him the information on how to make one, and was determined to get it right.

"Then these go like this..." Wei said, carefully fitting together some more components. At last, he was finished. He put the casing on his new lightsaber and flicked the switch.

A long, sea green blade shot out. The weapon hummed slightly as he moved it about, practicing some strikes.

"Now to test mode 1" Wei said, and flicked another switch. Wei struck at the dresser. The lightsaber bounced off. "Just like the practice sabers!"

Wei was delighted. "Now for mode 2..." Wei said, returning the switch to its previous position. Wei struck out once more at the dresser. It was immediately cloven in two. Wei smiled. He would replace the dresser. Wei's clothes were on his bed. it would have been bad for him to have forgotten them int he dresser when he had cut it.

Zeke
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:01:23 PM
"Swizzle."

Zeke watched from Wei's open door.

"I messed up making mine. But I guess its all good."

The glitch that had resulted from Zeke's mistake wasn't the first time something good had come of him goofing up.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:20:36 PM
Wei smiled. "It has a practice style mode and a fighting mode," he said, referring to his saber.

"I gotta get a new dresser soon."

Zeke
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:26:56 PM
"Do so. By all means. Neat saber too."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:51:37 PM
"Thanks," Wei said. "I can;t wait to fight with it!"

Zeke
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:55:13 PM
"I'll spar you sometime, if you want."

Zeke was thinking of his recent encounters with Odin...if he couldn't defend himself from the monster, he certainly couldn't defend anyone else. He needed all the practice he could get.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:59:48 PM
"Maybe. but not right now." Wei looked back at the floor. "I have enough parts for two. I'm reading a book that teaches the use of two swords in combat. I'm going to try to learn it."

Zeke
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:18:52 PM
"I just sorta wing it. Gets tough to coordinate. Lemme borrow that book later, if you wouldn't mind."

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 5th, 2002, 05:04:14 AM
"Hey...nice saber, Wei..."

Lion was standing in the doorway, watching Wei play with his new saber...looked like he'd already cleaved his dresser in two...

Lion was thinking about his own saber, Deathwing...it was much more sophisticated than other sabers, and looked more like a glowing blue broadsword, but Lion wasn't quite sure how it worked...he had gotten it from his great-grandfather...

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 5th, 2002, 05:20:28 PM
Wei smiled. "Hi, Lion! I made my own saber! I broke the dresser!" he said with a nervouse laugh.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 6th, 2002, 02:18:50 AM
Lion started to clap, smiling inside...

"Way to go, dude...I think"

Maia Tharrinn
Sep 6th, 2002, 09:20:17 AM
Maia heard familiar voices coming from Wei's room and peeked her head in. "Hey guys what's going on?" She smiled at each one of them before her eyes caught sight of the broken dresser...

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 6th, 2002, 02:16:16 PM
Wei laughed. "Like it? I made myself a saber!" Wei set the one he had made down and turned to the other components.

Wei had a good memory, so the construction of that saber went much faster. Then he turned that one on.

"Test Mode 1." Wei flicked the switch to make the saber do practice mode and hit the wall. The blade bounced off.

"Mode 2." Wei flicked the switch back and hit the wall, allowing the saber to only make a small hole in the wall.

"This one works too!" Wei was so proud of himself.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 6th, 2002, 06:29:21 PM
"Wei, time to stop making sabers, or you're gonna bring down this building..." Lion said, laughing...

Lion pulled the yellow handle of his saber out and flicked it on, the two meter long blade projecting from the handle, accidentally poking a hole through a lamp. Lion liked his saber...it was almost a foot wide, which is why it was cool...and it was blue...

"Pretty cool, Wei...like mine?" Lion asked...he still hadn't figured out how to make his own, so he used the one he had gotten from his great-great-grandpa.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 6th, 2002, 06:34:04 PM
Wei looked at the sword. "Very cool." Then he notced his lamp. "You seem more prone to bring down the building." Wei laughed.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 6th, 2002, 06:39:05 PM
(ooc: Wei's gonna bust 1000 posts!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!)

IC: "Well, you know....I'd probably need a few thermal detonators, but I could do it...." Lion laughed as well.....