PDA

View Full Version : Bring Me An Ale, Serving Wench!

Yuran Fur'Dun
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:53:41 PM
Yurdan yelled loudly, laughing boistrously as he kicked the little R2 serving droid along its way. The droid rocked, swayed, and beeped out a few choice obscenities in binary. He took a moment to gaze upon the scene around him. All around, there were quiet, forlorn people, huddling about in darkened corners and sadly nursing their drinks, while bemoaning their sad lot in life. It was a bar and grill, sure enough...but where was the revelry?

He glowered, hopping up on a table, and startling its occupants.

So...THIS is a Jedi's bar? BAH! If there were books on those shelves instead of bottles, I'd swear I was in a library!

Zeke
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:48:36 PM
"Chill friend. Things aren't always jumpin' in bars. But I imagine something will happen eventually. Your name is? Mine's Zeke."

Zeke was across at the bar, leaning back against it with a stool in front of him for his feet. He gave his trademark happy smile as he introduced himself. This guy was a character, indeed.

Yuran Fur'Dun
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:56:05 PM
He threw an empty mug across the room at Zeke.

"What do you know of bars, whelp! There's nary a hair on your chest, lad!"

Leaping off the tabletop, he rushed at Zeke, stopping just short of running him over. Wild eyes regarded him.

"But nothing we can't remedy, is it?"

He gave a long, haughty laugh, smashing his fist against the countertop.

"TWO ALES! FOR ME AND THE BOY!"

Zeke
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:09:13 PM
Zeke caught the mug, and set it down just as Yuran towered over him.

"Still didn't answer my question..." he said with a grin. "Thanks for the drink, I guess."

Yuran Fur'Dun
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:23:14 PM
My name is Yuran Fur'Dun, lad...and ye'd be wise to remember it!

He emphasized it with a heavy-handed slap to Zeke's back that nearly doubled him over the table.

Most who hear it either remember it, or lose the train of thought on the way to the afterlife!

Zeke
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:10:03 PM
"I'll bet..."

Zeke was mooshed to the table, and sat up reluctantly through the stinging pain in his back.

"What...brings you here?"

Yuran Fur'Dun
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:15:45 PM
Same as all, no doubt! I've come to kill Sith...rend their rotten carcasses apart and expose their weak blood to sunlight. The call of battle, and glorious slaughter in righteous war!

The beers arrived, and Yuran brought his up high

Here's to victory! And when your bloodied corpse falls on the plains of Elysia, let it not be the first to rest on that day!

Zeke
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:21:32 PM
"YEAH!" Zeke mimicked Yuran's toast with a happy smile. Whoever this guy was, he was sure cool.

Yuran Fur'Dun
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:29:00 PM
HAA!!!!

Their glasses clinked noisily, frothy head spilling away down the sides, dripping down their forearms. Yuran turned his ale up, dribbles coming from the overflowing sides to wet his beard as he quaffed the drink down. After a few seconds, he slammed the empty mug down with a roar.

AGAIN, BOY!!!

Zeke
Sep 5th, 2002, 10:39:17 AM
Zeke downed his drink, though somewhat neater than Yuran, and put his mug down less forcefully as well. But then, he was half this guy's size.

"Alcohol is the 3rd secret of happiness!" he said with a grin. "Bartender! 2 more!"

AmazonBabe
Sep 5th, 2002, 11:43:53 AM
:: AB looked up from her cup of tea and observed the very loud patron. She couldn't remember the last time such a high energy being had entered the bar, nor one that enjoyed his ale so much. Or was that enjoyed sloshing the froth on the ale all over the table? In either case, it made her grin as she went back to her tea. ::

Kelt Simoson
Sep 5th, 2002, 11:50:49 AM
Kelt ignored to drunken shouts as he always did. He sat there writing notes and such on his personal researches he often did....but....thatvoice he recognized for some reason, he was not commonly seen with a drunken rabble, but this voice was diffrent. Kelt looked over to a face that he had not seen in years since he had left Shazmak....it was Yuran Fur'Dun, the High Templer of the Order.

Kelt sprang from his seat and shouted over to the loud man. ' Yuran....my mate!, its been a long time old friend!'He said with a smile as Yuran looked.

Zeke
Sep 5th, 2002, 11:53:32 AM
Zeke fell sideways off his stool, passing his new ale to Kelt and switching with him. He slipped over to AmazonBabe's table.

"Mind if I sit down? That stuff's a bit strong for my tastes."

Yuran Fur'Dun
Sep 5th, 2002, 12:00:10 PM
HA! Kelt Simoson! It seems the icy grip of death's embrace has been naught to touch your hide!

Turning his ale up and draining it, Yuran wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, tossing his mug to the floor as he ran forward, smashing into Kelt's forehead with a nasty headbutt

Kelt Simoson
Sep 5th, 2002, 12:06:00 PM
Kelt stumbled back slighty dazed by the hard impact to his head. He shook his head and smiled somewhat suprised and embraced his good friend. ' Hows are you my good friend....how is shazmack?'

Sene Unty
Sep 5th, 2002, 12:07:49 PM
The boisterous yelps of the obviously drunk man awoke Sene from his sleepy daze. Now here was a man who was just bursting with fun. Sene laughed. Maybe he'd buy him a drink.

Stepping down from his high seat at the bar Sene allowed his 13 year-old legs to carry him over to the man.

First he gave Zeke a casual wave....it appeared that Zeke was becoming rather drunk.....and spoke up to the man.

"Hello sir. My name is Sene, what's yours?"

Yuran Fur'Dun
Sep 5th, 2002, 12:14:38 PM
It is as I have left it, in the care of those with duller swords than I.

He regarded his onetime compatriot, a wry look on his face

And I'd not have believed it with my own eyes, to see you here amongst the likes of these! Altrazor* says he hardly expected you to be weened from your mother's milk, much less have the fortitude to lift a blade in your hand!

* - someone long deceased

Kelt Simoson
Sep 5th, 2002, 12:20:16 PM
'Why that is good...' He said with a smile...'You have left the Order also...i thought you would never abandon the holy order...' Kelt said with a worried look' There nothing without you..you lead them or did you just come to Help others as i have....'

Yuran Fur'Dun
Sep 5th, 2002, 12:29:34 PM
Who am I?

Yuran reached forward, hefting the boy up till he was eye-level, and standing on the nearby table

You mean to say that Kelt hasn't brought my name to this place like a fire through dry forest? I am Yuran Fur'Dun, leader of the Crusading order on my planet Shazmack! Slayer of the wicked, destroyer of evil, and keeper of my ancestors' ghosts!

But it be for the best, I think. I can carry my own name well enough!

He turned back to Kelt

The holy order keeps my planet safe! All that would threaten us is now the fodder of worms! I carry my blade along your path, wayfarer, for Morogar Firescar* says that in the stars, here there be dragons!

Sene Unty
Sep 5th, 2002, 12:44:09 PM
Sene was confused. First of all he did not like the way the man had hefted him up. He was not a child. However he kept this to himself. He didn't want to rile the man up anymore.

"I don't think there are any dragons around here."

Kelt Simoson
Sep 5th, 2002, 01:21:32 PM
' Hes had one to many...leave him to say what he likes...he will regret it in the morn.' He said with a smile and slaped his hand into the back of Yurans back.

Yuran Fur'Dun
Sep 5th, 2002, 01:29:34 PM
Nay, you take me far too literally, lad! There are all manner of dragons to be found, and only some have the look and the kiss of fire upon their lips! Dragons within...the corrupted black hearts of evil!