PDA

View Full Version : Ok, what are they THINKING?!

Lady Vader
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:29:08 PM
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2879165,00.html

Please tell me that's a joke... O_o

ReaperFett
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:31:06 PM
Funnier, that's where they're currently filming Tomb Raider :)

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:36:02 PM
I couldn't live there. I would attack someone. I would have gone to greece, and been sent to jail for something as jackassy as that. Those people need to get off there ass and look.
<QUOTE>
"The blanket ban was decided in February after the government admitted it was incapable of distinguishing innocuous video games from illegal gambling machines," the report said.
</QUOTE>

ReaperFett
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:40:43 PM
Apparently then, Chess is an evil thing :)

Dae Jinn
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:45:35 PM
Some people have no lives, therefore they spent their time making everyone else miserable :)

ReaperFett
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:51:47 PM
aww, thanks Dae :)

Seriously, I doubt it will stick. Especially the Mobile Phones part.

Dae Jinn
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:03:29 PM
I didn't mean you Fett :)

I meant other people who have no lives. Older people :)

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:27:35 PM
I want to tell the Greek Government to kiss my ass! How utterly ridiculous is that, what is their government again? Totalitarianism?

Morgan Evanar
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:45:30 PM
This is unfortunately true.

Admiral Lebron
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:50:12 PM
Ugh...pathetic.

Zeke
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:25:36 PM
I'd die if I lived in Greece. Half of my room is video-game related. I own more than 4 console systems, almost every handheld there is, and own 20 plus games for all the consoles. I'm in deep kimshi if I move there...

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:42:47 PM
lol. What do you want? Humans have got to be the most idiotic species on the face of the planet. And anyone thinking otherwise can refer back to LV's argument to see my evidence supporting my statement.

ReaperFett
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:58:12 PM
Lemmings jump of cliffs, dont be silly :)

Yuran Fur'Dun
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:59:53 PM
Greece is like Delaware...just with a Parthenon.

Lemmings jump of cliffs, dont be silly

So do Okinawan housewives.

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:01:08 PM
Humans fly planes into buildings. It makes you wonder doesn't it. We really are the most idiotic species on the planet.

ReaperFett
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:06:49 PM
Loki, ENTIRE SPECIES jumps off cliffs, small monirites do things like that. This entire "We really are te most idiotic species" argument really annoys me. Are we the most intellegent? Hard to really define. How can you compare a human to a Dolphin? But least intellegent? Come on. Name one thing a CHimpanzee has invented. Believe in evolution? They are BELOW us! I mean, Ive seen programs of one jumping into another ona branch, sending BOTH tumbling to the floor. Is that not simply a less advanced version of what you spoke of Loki?

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:19:19 PM
Well, at least dogs, no matter what breed they are, can recognize and play with another dog. Humans look at other humans of different skin color and say just what you said, Fett.

"They are below us."

This is what makes us stupid. We will destroy ourselves becsause of our prejudices. Isn;t it obvious?

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:28:36 PM
We are nothing more than glorified apes.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:37:46 PM
I agree. Muslims vs the U.S. There is a racial/theological war if I ever saw one. We glorify ourselves so much. At least when animals fight amongst themselves, it;s a fight for food, territory, or mates.

Yuran Fur'Dun
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:39:57 PM
I think if you talked to some muslims who are US citizens, you would retract your philosophical tunnel vision statement.

Anyway....thanks for sucking the fun out of this thread, you hosers.

Kelt Simoson
Sep 5th, 2002, 04:53:42 AM
No games in greece?!?...ive been playing games since i was 4 years of age every single day till now...i think i would leave the country if i was forced into that :mad

ReaperFett
Sep 5th, 2002, 06:45:14 AM
SO we're more advanced Chimps. SO they're worse than us. Have a Chimp create the internet, and I might change my mind :)

Course, know how this will affect them most? Tourism. You start fining tourists for bringing Mobile Phones in, you wont get people coming in.

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 5th, 2002, 06:49:17 AM
We are the most laughable species who inhabbit the earth. We have religion to make us better people and improve our own morality, religion is the main cause for war at the moment.

ReaperFett
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:04:04 AM
Loki, prove that if any other species were at out level, they would not have war. Prove that they do not have religion. It's semantics about scale, IMO.

Does anyone know BTW if this is Greece only, or the Greek islands too?

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 5th, 2002, 02:20:17 PM
very odd :\

Lady Vader
Sep 5th, 2002, 04:10:17 PM
Course, know how this will affect them most? Tourism. You start fining tourists for bringing Mobile Phones in, you wont get people coming in.

Amen to that.

Does anyone know BTW if this is Greece only, or the Greek islands too?

Not sure. But I'm pretty sure there's a copy of Greecian Government law somewhere on the net.

Kelt Simoson
Sep 5th, 2002, 04:40:40 PM
The only island outside of the MAIN Greece goverment is Rhondes theylike have a sub-goverment. Same as Spain and he canarey Islands

ReaperFett
Sep 5th, 2002, 05:39:53 PM
Ahhh, thanks :)

Khendon Sevon
Sep 5th, 2002, 06:25:51 PM
Wow... that article and the relaying websites are total lies.

Simple.

This is coming from someone who gets the Greek news channels, was in Greece this summer, and has friends who live in Greece who I talk to over the net.

And... on our cell phone in Greece it has games, as do all of the new ones--like the one my uncle, currently in Greece (he'll be there fore a couple months) uses.

Unless Nafpactos and Lefkas are exept from the law....

I'll ask my dad, see if he knows anything.

Telan Desaria
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:40:24 PM
Nations will rise,
Nations will fall.

The thing to remember is:
we are the All.

Death and Destruction,
Utter Devastation.

Such things happen
with the the dominance of the wrong nation.

Rule by many spells chaos to you,
Rule by one bodes Defeat: untrue.

Rule of one for all leaves noone blue.

An excerpt from a poem, penned 1945.
New York City.

It can be taken so many ways:

Are we the most intelligent, that depends. Some say we are too sensitive. Lions are not the most intelligent, though damned close, are the most efficient. They cull their weak, and are uninhibited by their setbacks. There is nothing to hold them back, save physiology.

Humanity accepts the weakness of its own, and lowers the bar every time a lower plateau is reached, rather than trying to help the weaker and bring them up to peak efficiency.

Cuddling the weak will not aide us. Lowering our standards of education and life will not bring us any closer to our goals of expansion and betterment.

For example: a rapist is convicted of plying his trade against four different women. He is eligible for parole in Amerika in what, ten years?

Some one of that inferior mentality should be executed or banished into the shark infested depths. The men/boys who shoot peple in schools should not be made public icons, be it vilified or respected. They should be shot, not arrested.

The man who shot a dozen students and teachers in Northern Germany should have been executed on the spot for crimes against the people and common honour.

This elminates prison crowding and saves every country billions in court costs.

Notice: Hammurabi's Codev worked wonders.

But only for the guilty. Its rather simple: you murder, you get murdered. Your rape, you will be made to feel the pain you inflicted onto yoyr helpless victims.

Policy or truth???

A skunk has decided to spray near my window, so I must go and erect some pleasing smells.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 5th, 2002, 08:19:18 PM
Go for it. Very cool thing you have posted here.

Jedi Neo
Sep 6th, 2002, 09:00:51 AM
:|

Thats it, I'm taking this thread to Mexico to get it relaxed.

Jehova Eaven
Sep 6th, 2002, 10:03:06 AM
You should correct that post, Telan. I understand what you're trying to say but with all the typos it kind of takes away from the meaning.

Telan Desaria
Sep 6th, 2002, 03:26:56 PM
I have edited.

Notice for my typoes, my keyboard is dying. I punchkey, and they do not show up. I have hit the space bar four times between have and edited....only it worked on the fifth.

Morrigan Van-Derveld
Sep 6th, 2002, 06:11:39 PM
Y'know what? I'd get a bunch of people to sit *right* outside the border and play electronic games.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 9th, 2002, 02:10:53 PM
:lol

I want to go to Greece. :( But not because of the law or in spite of it. I 've just always wanted to go.:(

ReaperFett
Sep 9th, 2002, 02:14:30 PM
Never been Greece mainland, but been Corfu, Santorini, Kos 4-5 times and a few other islands

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 9th, 2002, 02:58:54 PM
Fett is a traveler!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 9th, 2002, 03:30:40 PM
my uncle still owes me a trip to the mediterranean :grumble

ReaperFett
Sep 9th, 2002, 04:03:45 PM
How does he owe this?:)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 9th, 2002, 10:34:03 PM
cause he said he would, and hasn't taken me yet :D