PDA

View Full Version : Candidate for Knighthood (ATTN: Council)

Anbira Hicchoru
Sep 4th, 2002, 02:46:42 PM
I would like to bring my own padawan, Eldrak Gruuhl, into consideration for knighthood. He's stuck it out for a long haul, and even though I haven't trained him constantly, I believe he is ready for the ascention to Jedi Knight. He has a serious, capable mind, and is an excellent learner.

Now, I'm getting veklempt! Talk amongst yourselves! Discuss!

Eldrak Gruuhl
Sep 4th, 2002, 04:25:18 PM
To say the words he had just heard were a surprise would be the epitome of an understatement. He had not thought his progress to this point had been enough to warrant such an event. Eldrak had very little training in using the force so far, though what little he had displayed that he had potential, or at least so his Master had told him and he would never question his Master.

Such was the case now. he would not question his Master’s wishes, just do all he could to prove Anbira’s confidence and strong backing was accurate and not without merit. Eldrak remained silent, not certain if he should even be present during a discussion such as this. As of now he had not been told otherwise, so he would remain, ready to answer any questions that may be posed of him directly or to excuse himself if it was not appropriate for him to be present at this time and made clear to him by one of his seniors, the Knights and Masters of the Order.

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:50:57 PM
Navaria's eyes moved to Eldrak and the corners of her lips caused her to smile thinly.

"I sense your thoughts. Your emotions."

She leaned onto the armrest of the seat and sprawled thin fingers along her cheek to cup it.

"What do you think of your Master's request?"

Eldrak Gruuhl
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:58:18 PM
She was addressing him directly, the one whom he had been told he helped escape from the doomed fate they were all supposed to share. His memory was still incomplete, but reading, talking and study had helped him put together most of the pieces of his semi short life. Her look caused him to look away briefly in embarrassment, but that quickly faded and was replaced by an exerted, yet not completely true, confidence.

“I would never question my Master’s wishes Miss Tarkin.”

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:01:14 PM
The Padawan did not feel prepared. His confidence was lacking....

"That was not what I asked. As a Knight, you are to be a leader, a role-model for the other Padawans. Padawans in which you will be training. To be completely complacent in manners of discussion proves futile for the greater good of this Order.

I ask again. What do you think of your Master's request?"

Eldrak Gruuhl
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:17:45 PM
“I would be honored to become a Knight of the Order and serve others in the way that I have been served since my arrival.”

He was still holding something back, reluctant to fully speak his mind, not wanting to disappoint or seem defiant of his Master.

Xazor Elessar
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:29:13 PM
Xazor smiled gently and leaned forward in her seat, nodding slightly.

"Then you have my vote and my confidence....Eldrak..."

She said softly, her eyes moving from Anbira then back to the Padawan.

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:41:58 PM
"But I have yet to feel the same, Xazor."

Eldrak didn't feel that way and was holding back. Jedi do not do that. There was also something else that was bothering Navaria. It was the fact that Eldrak felt out of place here ....

"There is more on your mind, Eldrak, then you let this Council see."

Eldrak Gruuhl
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:49:52 PM
I am not even completely certain that I should be present for this particular discussion. Rules of etiquette are one of my weaknesses maim….”

He paused for a bit but it was written on his face that he had more to say.

“…I do have my own doubts about being a Knight mainly due to the fact that I have yet to ever use the lightsaber I have constructed. But for me battle is always the last option in any conflict and I could not be certain when my time to use it may come. I have a plethora of book learning and self teaching of such techniques, but no real world practice. Fighting is not something I would actively seek out, whether for practice or for want. But…if it were my last option, I would not hold back.”

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:55:16 PM
Eldrak's admission made her original assessment solidify. After all, one should follow their instincts.

She smiled to herself remembering where that came from.

"Of course you should be present. We are discussing you so you should be here."

The Knight became laxed in her seat and adressed all her comrades.

"I feel by Eldrak's own admission that he be tested for Knighthood. He has yet to become worldy in our ways, and to the way of others off Yavin and Arcan. Such a lapse in understanding is important to being a Knight.

I do not feel comfortable awarding him the title of Knight until he has passed."

Eldrak Gruuhl
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:59:43 PM
Eldrak bowed his head to both Xazor and Navaria. He had stated his own position and for now it looked as if the actual outcome would be up to the Councilors, based on their feelings, coupled with his admissions. No matter their eventual decision, he would accept whatever it was with the pride befitting one of them, a Jedi.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 6th, 2002, 04:44:24 AM
"I would agree Madam Tarkin - If there is any doubt whatever, there must be a test or a trial."

His eyed off the huge Padawan, thinking.

"I would love to be the one whom tests you Eldrak, for I sense you have genuine potential. Alas, a lack of time I have. I would suggest that if it is experience in the Galaxy Eldrak needs, Jedi Knight Helenias is going on a mission to deal with pirates in the Ph'assh sector. That would be an interesting option."

Pierce Tondry
Sep 6th, 2002, 08:25:20 AM
"I have something to add," said someone from the doorway.

He wasn't a member of the Council- not by a long shot. Direct wielding of the Force wasn't even close to being numbered among his skills. Nor did he feel he had the wisdom of said Council.

But like all people who keep their eyes and ears open for information with the intent to someday use it, Pierce Tondry did indeed have something of substance.

"It's my understanding that you're not alone," Pierce said, directly addressing Eldrak. "There've been many Jedi in the past who felt like you did, both pre- and post-Empire. Led to a little schism among the Jedi, in fact, but a useful one. On one hand, there were those who trained in martial arts to be ready for battle when the time came. They called them Jedi Guardians."

"Then, there were the others- the peacemakers, the mediators, the diplomats. They didn't fight on the battlefield, but they did do battle in Senate hearings and meetings among member relations. Those Jedi were known as Consulars, and my sources say that some pretty famous Jedi are among their number, like Jedi Master Yoda. They were ready to fight, but always willing to talk."

The entire time, Pierce had been talking around his fake cigarra, putting out the occaisional puff of nonharmful smoke. With his delivery finished, Pierce produced a datapad which he handed to Marcus. "That Ph'assh data you asked for," he said, explaining his reason for being in the room.

He then turned to leave, but paused in the middle of the doorway and turned back to Eldrak. "Might be a good thing for you to check out," he shrugged. "But then again, it might not."

(ooc) This is just some info that I happened to come across in the Star Wars RolePlaying Game Core Sourcebook put out by Wizards of the Coast. I don't know that many people are familiar with it, as it is somewhat new, so I figured that I would throw this out and see if it sticks. By no means am I attempting to tell the Council what to do, nor do I consider myself a member thereof. This is just me doing what I do best- sharing information. :)

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 6th, 2002, 04:10:15 PM
"He is correct." I leaned forward in my chair, looking around the room. It had often troubled me that so many Jedi were more concerned with fighting than the Force, even more

"Not every Jedi is a warrior, and indeed not every Jedi should be a warrior. There are plenty of Jedi craftsmen and women who would much rather build a lightsaber than use it. There are Jedi who flow with nature, working with animals and plants to further understand our position in the great web of the Force. There are Jedi mediators who use their skills of negotiation and diplomacy instead of their skill with a saber. Not to mention those among our ranks who pilot ships, or archive our knowledge, or even those who do undercover work.

Eldrak, you said yourself that fighting is not the first option that you would seek, and I think that your words hold much more importance than my colleagues realize. I don't think that a Jedi must always be a warrior, and I think that you are the prime example of this. I say that there is no other padawan more qualified to be a Knight than you."

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 6th, 2002, 07:06:42 PM
"I did not say that Eldrak's words hold merit. It is because that I hold them in extreme respect that I came to my decision in the first place.

Eldrak has admitted his faults and strengths, which of course being that he does not seek might with the sword, but with words first.

But having your values is one thing, proving them is another. Eldrak has yet to do that in my eyes which is why he should be tested. This test does not have to be through the way of a Warrior. I never would suggest such a test nor did I even imply it.

What needs to be done, as with every Padawan in the Order is to have their own morals and beliefs tested before ascending to Knighthood. Some are done on the battlefield, some are done through training, some just happens because the circumstances are right ... And sometimes it happens because it just is."

She bowed her head in respect to Ryla.

"I value your opinion greatly but Eldrak has little experience off world compared to some of the other Padawans here at the Order.

That experience is necessary."

Liam Jinn
Sep 7th, 2002, 03:05:42 PM
"I believe that if a situation ever arose, Eldrak could handle himself."

Liam spoke, letting his eyes fall on the other council members.

"I would vote yes to the promotion, though it seems others would like a test. There is no harm in a test, so I say let it be done."

Anbira Hicchoru
Sep 9th, 2002, 11:22:22 AM
:: Anbira nodded ::

I will agree to a final test. I am confident in my padawan's fortitude of spirit, and indeed in all faculties of a Jedi. A test will be adequate to further proving such.

Eldrak Gruuhl
Sep 9th, 2002, 11:36:57 AM
He had listened quietly to the Council’s debate and finally his own Master’s words, his expression displayed nothing more than a sincere attentiveness to all that was said. After Anibira spoke Eldrak himself spoke with a steady voice.

“I will accept this test and do assure you all that I will not fail the Council or my other Jedi brethren in proving my Master’s thoughts about my capabilities and philosophies are correct.”

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 10th, 2002, 02:25:00 PM
She smiled with approval of Eldrak's convictions and then turned to the rest here.

"Who shall administer this test for our Padawan?"

Anbira Hicchoru
Sep 10th, 2002, 09:16:52 PM
I suggest the task be given to the Illusion Knight, Akrabbim Melchizan. His guile in such matters is well renound, and if Eldrak can prove his worth to his designs, he can do so to any test.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 11th, 2002, 02:03:01 AM
While others spoke, he was unfolding a pouch from his cloak and removign a pipe from it. As the discussion ebbed and flowed, he palced a quantity of leaf in the bowl, before applying a smaller burner, then through the long stem, puffing on the resulting smoke. A rather inglamourous habit, but one he had picked up a long, long time ago.

"No... no. Not a test as you are thinking. Why do we normally give Jedi tests? Because we are uncertain of their knowledge and of their skill, plus commitment to the Light Side. Is there a doubt in this with Eldrak? I sense not. Yet, it has been stated the Padawan lacks real experience. Why not take the Padawan to Coruscant, for I feel that if you placed a test in a Jedi manner, he would pass. Just... being on Coruscant, seeing and feeling all there is there would be valuable. Just even knowing what beings could be like is valuable. If he needs fighting practice, then simple policing in the Underground would be ample. There is also what I mentioned before, Knight Q'Dunn is planning to tackle the pirates out in Pf'assh. She is already I believe taking one Padawan of hers with her for this very reason. Just few suggestions, to think about"

Anbira Hicchoru
Sep 11th, 2002, 10:47:35 AM
Helenias has enough tasks at hand. Akrabbim will perform adequately.

Eldrak Gruuhl
Sep 19th, 2002, 12:54:30 PM
He continued to remain silent, awaiting a final decision with great patience and unwavering determination to not disappoint his master.

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 30th, 2002, 04:09:36 PM
OOC~ I think Eldrak waited enough time to see nothing happen and hasn't said a word. Promote the guy already if a test isn't going to happen.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 30th, 2002, 05:25:44 PM
>_< @ my scatterbrainedness. I need to talk to Akrabbim and see if he can work with me. If not, I will bring this to a quick conclusion. My bad :(

AmazonBabe
Sep 30th, 2002, 06:24:08 PM
You've got my blessing. Go for it. :)

Sanis Prent
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:31:37 AM
I'm working with the great white ninja as I speak. We will have something within a day or two :)

Eldrak Gruuhl
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:38:52 PM
Remains vigilantly patient, watching, waiting and listening.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:43:08 PM
OOC~ just promote him already, the test is moot :p

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 14th, 2002, 09:05:33 PM
OOC: I have something in mind for a thread we're in ^_^;

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 15th, 2002, 03:15:03 PM
OOC- Well, I am going on the fact that Eldrak has said nothing about this, only IC reminders after many days have passed. Patience galore :)

But, if the Council wants to wait for your thread then fine. ^_^

Eldrak Gruuhl
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:57:43 PM
Originally posted by Anbira Hicchoru
OOC: I have something in mind for a thread we're in ^_^; OOC: News to me, but sounds cool. :)

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 15th, 2002, 10:01:35 PM
I just hope that when it comes time to spring it, that you do the right thing :D

Else...well....how much life insurance do I have? :uhoh