PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Question - White Wolf

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 4th, 2002, 01:36:04 PM
But since when did the GJO became the frelling White Wolf World?

Garou walking around doing their thing I gots no problem with but .... now we have incorporated the White Wolf System of Tribes and shapeshifters on top of it?

White wolf termonology should stay within the confines of that world, not here. That is my personal opinion from someone that ran a table top game of that world for four years.

If you want coyotoes, wolves, cats shifting all over the place, cool. But does it have to be Fianna, Get, Black Fury? I mean, if that is the case, shouldn't you guys be playing at a board that does that sort of thing?

So to sum up, it isn't the fact you are playing shapeshifters that seems wrong to me, no problem, just the terms that are used for another game should stay in that game.

Otherwise, if that is the case ... how about I revamp Dalethria and play her like she should be. Powerful ass Mage that has nothing to do with SW ... or, I could play Helena! (Not Helenias.. another character that I created for White Wolf) and run around calling myself a Toreador.

Not mad .. dont take offense please. Just trying to explain my view point :)

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 4th, 2002, 01:45:00 PM
Agreed. I'd feel the same way if all the vampire clans - as you mentioned - were suddenly running rampant. Keep the two worlds separate.

Sanis Prent
Sep 4th, 2002, 02:35:54 PM
(is totally garou-ignorant)

At any rate, I RP my lupine character as the werewolf clans are described in Terry Pratchett's books. Its a loose association at that. Essentially, a lifeform neither wolf nor human, but a mimic that can change like a chameleon might. I have no idea as to garou stuff, as far as anything magical or whatever....so ^_^; )

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 4th, 2002, 03:47:54 PM
I revamped most of teh Garou stuff when I first came on to allow Verse to be allowed. When he claims his tribe it is not in the same sence as White Wolf does. He follows Gaia much like Dalethria follows Kashalla. When another RPer asks Verse what tribe he is from, he says he is a Child of Gaia. I use it like a white man says he is white, and a black says he is black. If you ask an African what ar ethey, they say African. I use the tribes as Nationalities. Many Garou in White-Wolf are from different countries. They ar enot many Russians in SW, so Verse calls them Silver Fangs. Why? Because they have white coats.

Also, to keep things fair, I do not allow Verse to shapeshift. I gave him an illness that flairs up when he tries to, I also had Chaos' ability taken away in a training thread. That way I have a new race that looks Human, but has a few added things. Such as increase smelling and hearing, and able to midly regenerate (Cuts and scraps, not arms and legs) faster than normal. Also, I broke down some of teh abilities and made them Force ones. The 'Leap of the Kangeroo' is nothing more that a Garou Force Jump. So I say....Force Jump. 'speed of the Cheeta' is Force Speed. So I call it....Force Speed.

I never asked people to join my gig, nor do I care if others play Garou, Nuwisha, Baset, Morkle, or any other shapeshifters. After you water it down to the point I did, all you really have is a name. Jedi can heal with the Force, Run fast,.ect.

Xazor Elessar
Sep 4th, 2002, 04:30:45 PM
I made Xaz rather weak (but learning to get better) when she shapeshifts. I just call her a Child of Gaia...nothing less, nothing more! ;)

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:24:02 PM
I think my point was missed :|

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:25:28 PM
maybe, I thought I stated my reason for 'Tribes' and 'Terms' being Garou culture and Verse's religion, and that Iw atered it down to make it as close to SW as possible.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:30:04 PM
My point is that termonology of White Wolf should stay there. Make up your own stuff if you want tribes. Otherwise I feel like I am reading the very same stuff in which I have done for the last four years to get away from :\

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:32:03 PM
And I like to point out, as Verse knows, Kashalla is something completely made up that Ogre came up with. He and I punt ideas back and forth and he mostly, came up with his religion.

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:41:16 PM
Point taken. I can see your point. I will respect what you ask and calm down most of teh terms. I will keep Gaia, and that will be about it. You killed my Religion!!!!!! j/k j/k

Hug?

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:47:26 PM
I don't mind the Gaia thing since IRL, there are people that worship earth and call her Gaia .. or even Gaea ... I never had a problem with that or, shapeshifters ever around here. It was odd, like the vampires but hey why not.

Will admit a long while back someone was running around as Ashiva O_O now that was ... just plain wrong. I know that isn't the case now but that is another example of not doing your own stuff.

Just using the terms and stuff from a well established game just seems ... wrong. :\ If we had someone running around as Eliminster I be o_O O_o too :lol

And I didn't kill your religion. Make your own tribes up or do something completely different from that :)

:: hugs ::

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:08:44 PM
Urgh! Why would ANYONE call themselves a Toreador!?

Ventrue all the way baby! Blue-blood till the end! :p

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:13:37 PM
Eliminster.....now that is so wrong. No one is good enough to even use the name! He is my role model. He is shaggin' a hot female Goddess. That takes skill......

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:15:40 PM
I like Toreadors :(

Course, Ventrue are cool too.

Actually, if any of you were in my game... you'd probably freak. I used the general stuff of White Wolf, bent the history and made my own stuff up.

Caine isn't the first vampire baby in my game =P It was something else =^_^=

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:18:24 PM
Ooh! Do elaborate, I love the religious/historical concept of Caine and Abel but I'm very curious as to what you did. Pweeeaaase do tell! :)

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:24:05 PM
Well, technically it is trademarked =P Since My comic is going to revolve around that eventually =^_^= So, I don't want to post it here but I will say that the Vampires believe that Caine was the first. It is false but the truth is so unbelievable that those that know the truth don't mind the false belief to be taught.

Pheonix Planesrender
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:26:58 PM
Dude if you guys are arguing on what Clan of Vampires are the best, it is a tie between the Gangrel (animal guys) and the Brujah (the a$$ kicking type that can kick anything that gets in there way.) oh and ya cant forget the True Brujah who can change time. (sorry. kinda got caught up there. Place V:TM irl with the RPG club at my school. its our fav game to play.)

Sanis Prent
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:35:02 PM
ARGH! >_< its like somebody's teaching a course in Sanskrit!

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 5th, 2002, 03:01:31 AM
I did not understand a word of that

Soolin Anjhurin
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:16:35 AM
Don't feel bad, Marcus. This is one case where knowing =headache.

Sene Unty
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:36:33 AM
I have only one thing to say to all this crazy termonolgy you all are using.....WTF!?!?!?!?!

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:52:09 AM
Not of this is my problem, I made up my own rules for Lupine's so MNEH

Yuran Fur'Dun
Sep 5th, 2002, 11:29:15 AM
:)

Kelt Simoson
Sep 5th, 2002, 11:46:39 AM
*Drop kicks Yuran out the thread*......YOU not jedi yet you nutball..you not alowed in the GJO Temple

Yuran Fur'Dun
Sep 5th, 2002, 11:50:35 AM
(points to splinters of door, and the axe in my hand)

Ah...I seem to have cut through the red tape, among other things!

Ange Tot
Sep 5th, 2002, 05:19:29 PM
:lol

*thinks she'll hang with Yuran cos he seems cool in that, I'm a nut job, kinda way*

And all this White-Wolf stuff/terms are like french to me, I know abit of it, but the rest makes my head hurt.

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 5th, 2002, 05:33:25 PM
oh and ya cant forget the True Brujah who can change time.

That's a new one to me! :eek

I could imagine that being in the EU of White Wolf.

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 5th, 2002, 05:34:48 PM
I know nothing about Vamps. All I know is all teh Vamp boards hate Garou, and most Garou hate them. I shall stick to my Garou player's guides and novels. I am happy with them. I draw the line when the Char has to drink blood to stay alive.

::Shivers::

it just creeps me out. It really does.

Salemn Lysce
Sep 5th, 2002, 06:49:20 PM
.. o_O

Are you people sane ?

... Antitribu Malkavians OWN ! >=P

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 5th, 2002, 06:55:48 PM
LOL! I thought you said Antideluvian Malkavians rule!

I was like: Eh?

I find it quite funny that as a gift, Caine gave them madness. Quite the blessing.

Salemn Lysce
Sep 5th, 2002, 10:54:06 PM
They say Merlin was mad because he knew ..

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 6th, 2002, 06:41:32 AM
It is my tern to say it......I'm now confused.

Sene Unty
Sep 6th, 2002, 08:24:10 AM
Come jump in the "WTF is happening in this thread" boat with the rest of us pitiful humans.

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 6th, 2002, 08:33:20 AM
o_O

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Sep 6th, 2002, 10:01:23 AM
I still like my Toreadors and Assimites .. only cuz of what I did with them :angel

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 6th, 2002, 10:03:00 AM
I like Glass Walkers and Nuwishas.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 6th, 2002, 10:09:53 AM
GANGREL ALL THE WAY!! :rollin

or Shadow Lords if we're playing Werewolf :D

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 6th, 2002, 10:12:21 AM
Well, like I said way before, my world is much different then any typical White Wolf world.

Somethings are different and somethings are the same :)

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 6th, 2002, 10:12:37 AM
Tzimisce are by far the creepiest esoecially with that horrible discipline of theirs; Vicissitude. :x

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 6th, 2002, 10:17:09 AM
Actually I did that to someone, but actually gave him his leg back, also through magick.

Course, the magick was corrupted and he betrayed the group :D

Darn :D

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 6th, 2002, 10:19:11 AM
Tremere, like Tremere too..

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 6th, 2002, 10:38:23 AM
I don't know anything about Vamps!!!!!! It's not fair.......

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 6th, 2002, 10:44:56 AM
I know almost all of it since I had to :lol

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 6th, 2002, 10:46:31 AM
Tremere are cool with their rituals of Thaumaturgy and what not.

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 6th, 2002, 10:47:12 AM
All I know is that a Garou can kick a Vamp or Mage's @$$ here to next tuesday. Then on again wednsday for my Birthday. =p

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 6th, 2002, 10:49:48 AM
I'd dispute that .... Depending on how powerful the Vamp is, they can take out a garou and ... A creative player playing a Mage can do nasty stuff.

But course, my view is skewed :lol

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 6th, 2002, 10:52:50 AM
lol, no more skewed than mine is. I look at the Garou as the Kings/Queens on White Wolf. That is only because I like them so much. People could always call in Hunters.

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 6th, 2002, 10:59:53 AM
anyone can take anyone out in any game :) Just gotta be creative ^_^

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 6th, 2002, 11:02:26 AM
Agreed. Unless you're something like a 4th generation Vampire - bye bye Garou.

Ok, here's the question: The Dark Ages or The Masquerade? Which do you prefer?

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 6th, 2002, 11:09:28 AM
hmm .. well, I LOVE medieval ages so ... =^_^= that was always fun. Plus there were some interesting clans, from what I recall, that were around.

But, I played more of modern age white wolf so I cannot really answer that question completely :\

Morgan Evanar
Sep 6th, 2002, 11:31:44 AM
Generally speaking, I prefer Dark Ages.

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 6th, 2002, 12:02:01 PM
Ditto to that. Although it's easy to create adventures and picture the scenarios in the masquerade, I find it far more enjoyable to have my character interact with a medieval age and simply by looking up a timeline you can pick out a historical event and pick out an adventure.

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 6th, 2002, 11:33:26 PM
The sounds so cool. Curse me for living in a hick town where I can not play RP games.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2002, 01:18:14 AM
Dark Ages is more fun in the (video) game. Vienna and Prague are much more entertaining than London and New York. Plus it's more fun to hack people with swords than stake-gun them :D

Kelt Simoson
Sep 7th, 2002, 06:47:45 AM
I think shes lost it O_o

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 7th, 2002, 10:09:20 AM
I would agree though. Hack and Slash does sound better than teh steak gun.

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 15th, 2002, 11:07:19 AM
REQUEST - to have this thread moved to the arcan forum so it can be linked to a thread in the OOC forum since a discussion of this nature is taking place again

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2002, 11:13:06 AM
Yus please

Morgan Evanar
Sep 15th, 2002, 12:29:22 PM
Fine with me.

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 18th, 2002, 01:23:23 PM
NUDGE

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 18th, 2002, 01:24:32 PM
I dunno, this has been here for what, three days, someone should have said something if they don't want it so ... I am moving it.

I will take flak for it but there is nothing secret in here :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 18th, 2002, 01:26:49 PM
:) ty

Nupraptor
Sep 18th, 2002, 08:47:33 PM
I like playing Masquerade games when I'm LARPing. It's a lot of fun, but it take time to organize, and a number of interested parties.

More often than not, I play Tzimisce. The kind who deform themselves until you can no longer tell what gender they are. Alternatively, I like to play fanatical Setites. What can I say? I have a penchanent for cruelty.

Toreadors would be so much more fun to play if there were more people willing to play them. Properly played, a Toreador can arrange to have a prince killed without ever getting his own hands dirty, all while she's in the middle of hosting a dinner party.

What I love is that there's a huge, huge, huge amount of lore for the game. There are entire sourcebooks with nothing but vampire mythos.

I had some actual on-topic stuff to say, but I distracted myself and now I'm too tired to post it... mebbe later.