PDA

View Full Version : Cast your vote: Is a change needed for TSO's system of order?

Gav Mortis
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:23:29 AM
A. No. The council system is fine the way it is.

B. Yes. A change is needed, at least until TSO is back on it's feet.

C. Yes. A permanent change is required.

This vote it open to members of TSO only and if anyone votes B or C, please give a suggestion as to what change you would like to see.

As Levi, I vote:

B - I propose we have a simple system of hierarchy which is defined by rank. Masters are at the top of this hierarchy, followed by knights then apprentices at the bottom. This allows for a shared sense of responsibility amongst members as opposed to a smaller group of people having to take responsibility and make decisions all the time.

I'll frequently update the tally. It currently stands at:

A = 4
B = 12
C = 0

Last updated: DarthKrieg's vote.

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:41:17 AM
For Salem, I vote B.

I like the idea up above *points at Gav's post*

Jehova Eaven
Sep 4th, 2002, 12:40:33 PM
B - I agree with Gav's system.

Gouyen Chee
Sep 4th, 2002, 01:35:30 PM
I like "B" too -- it's a natural order that's already present in the system.

imported_Grev Drasen
Sep 4th, 2002, 04:55:24 PM
B.

Yuran Fur'Dun
Sep 5th, 2002, 11:48:17 AM
Well I can see the advantages of both, honestly. Though the problem does lie in the very small number of masters present here. LV, LW, and Dyzm are it, I believe...though I could be mistaken.

Jehova Eaven
Sep 5th, 2002, 12:18:46 PM
Yes, those are the current masters, and as far as I know... I'm the only person at knight rank.

Lady Vader
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:52:31 PM
But soon to be Master, Eaven.

And I thought Darth Vader was a Master? Or did i get my wires crossed somewhere?

Jehova Eaven
Sep 6th, 2002, 05:34:20 AM
Oh right... forgot about him. Though I never really saw him around.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 7th, 2002, 11:00:57 PM
B. hmm, need ta read a round here more often....

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 8th, 2002, 09:50:30 PM
Yeah ya do...

B

Sanis Prent
Sep 9th, 2002, 08:20:49 AM
Vader isn't a master. He is a Sith Lord, and will remain so indefinitely.

Jehova Eaven
Sep 9th, 2002, 11:22:50 AM
Sith Lord... master... same thing.

Lady Vader
Sep 9th, 2002, 11:40:47 AM
Yeah, that's what I was gonna say, but Eaven beat me to it.

*Hands him a cookie*

Jehova Eaven
Sep 9th, 2002, 11:51:04 AM
Yay! tasty..... hey wait.... did you make these yourself? You didn't put anything not normally found in cookies did you? Seriously though, a change from the council system is needed.... but it seems that we have already moved on off of the council thing.

Yuran Fur'Dun
Sep 9th, 2002, 12:47:27 PM
Well...the reason I say so is that Vader would just essentially be an extension of LV's will anyways. So it would be like giving LV 2 votes :\

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 9th, 2002, 08:23:16 PM
Right, we need to establish exactly when this vote should be brought to an end and secondly, we really need the three council members to put their opinions and respective votes forth on this.

Lady Vader
Sep 9th, 2002, 08:28:02 PM
Well, in all honesty, I like A.

But since I'm in the minority here, and I don't want to cause any problems, I'll go with B.

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 9th, 2002, 08:41:32 PM
If you agree with A then by all means support it. Don't have your opinion supressed by a majority. Speaking your mind isn't causing problems, it's being honest.

Feliciana Devano
Sep 9th, 2002, 08:55:10 PM
I like B and I love Gav's idea! :D

So B for me! ;)

Lady Vader
Sep 9th, 2002, 08:59:19 PM
I guess the reason I like A is because to me it's tradition. I've known nothing else, and I've always liked the idea of a seat of elders.

But in retrospect, it is true we only have a teeny hadnful of Masters, and trying to maintain a seat of elders as a council is kinda futile. Until more Masters are promoted, I guess we can't really have a council.

It's just gonna be a pain changing all my sigs. :x

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 9th, 2002, 09:05:36 PM
Don't worry bout your sigs, besides you've earned what they say. Keep them the way they are.

Lady Vader
Sep 9th, 2002, 09:06:45 PM
Okey. :)

Lord Gue
Sep 10th, 2002, 12:12:57 PM
A- I stick behind the tradition Idea too

SashaKovalev
Sep 10th, 2002, 12:51:36 PM
I guess I should vote...sorry..Ive been lazy.

Ive only been around for a few months now, so I dont really know the history of everything around here all that well, but I think the idea of a council is a good idea.

The sith seem to count on a hierarchy of sorts, especially when you consider the master-apprentice relationship, and its pretty much a given that an apprentice must earn the respect of the elders by proving their worth.

As this IS an organization, there should be a set of leaders to make the decisions that will affect the entire organization, I think. The sith of this organization CHOSE to join it, knowing that there was an existing hierarchy and a council that ultimately made the decisions.

As I have no actual experience going before the council to request anything, I cant attest to how well the system works or doesnt work, but my vote is to keep the council and modify it so it will work.

Maybe expand it to include a few more members who have attained a higher rank who are around often enough to respond to requests, etc.

But ultimately doesnt every sith want power and prestige...what better than to have a council for all the members to strive to maybe be admitted to one day?

*shrugs* Theres my two cents. Do with it what ya will.

Oh yeah..I guess that means Im voting a modified version of A. ;)

Inu
Sep 11th, 2002, 01:14:58 PM
Under any normal circumstances, I'd vote A. But seeing as we lack the necessary number of knights/lords/masters to form a council, I say B.

Dreth Kindo
Sep 11th, 2002, 04:08:16 PM
A
I think that nothing needs to be changed

Sanis Prent
Sep 12th, 2002, 11:04:43 AM
B

Lord Gue
Sep 12th, 2002, 03:43:27 PM
Lack the masters to form a council?

Seems to be plenty to me...

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 12th, 2002, 05:54:26 PM
B :)

DarthKrieg
Sep 12th, 2002, 06:47:31 PM
B-Basicly highest members are the leaders down

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 13th, 2002, 03:59:44 PM
I would say the voting is pretty much established. If we keep the present rate of growth in the polls, (3 to 1) B wins. And I doubt there are enough remaining masters to bring A up to win. And I say masters. Seeing how the majority of those who voted are masters. Any other post will most likely be people who have just joined the Order, and not wanting to be of the minority, will vote with the flow. They do not want to be distanced from the others.