PDA

View Full Version : Screw it, we'll just move

Jedieb
Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:20:00 AM
The wife and I have decided that instead of just moving to another part of the house to make room for Padawan #3, we're just going to buy another house. Interest rates are so low that now is the perfect time to buy. We were going to wait until next summer or the year after that, but we've decided to step up our plans. She's off her feet incubating so most of the work has fallen on me. I've been working on the house non-stop all weekend and it's going to be taking up most of my free time.

So when you notice I'm nowhere to be found it's because I'll be packing, painting, mowing, roofing, etc....

I spent 2 hours packing SW toys last night and my wife said it looked like I hadn't even made a dent. :smokin

darth_mcbain
Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:30:56 AM
Good luck with it... It is really stressful, but it will be worth it in the long run...

JMK
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:06:39 AM
Just make sure you get a big enough home to have another SW room!:) As the other padawans get older, you can make them live in the shed in the back! :lol

Master Yoghurt
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:42:03 AM
Yes, make sure you have plenty of space for all your SW stuff. Good luck on the move. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:18:53 AM
Moving can be no picinic I know that personally, so take your time and don't kill yourself, have you picked out a house yet?

Admiral Lebron
Sep 3rd, 2002, 03:51:32 PM
Oy. Moving. I don't know about down their, but up here homes are expensive as heck.

BUFFJEDI
Sep 3rd, 2002, 04:08:39 PM
don't move to far away,Eb(s) I'm moving to richmond in about 6 mons:) only a stones throw away from you .....Lucky you :smokin

JonathanLB
Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:17:05 PM
You are a slave to your material possessions! lol, j/k

It does get annoying though as material possessions start to mount, I mean sometimes you're just like, "WHERE the hell did all of this stuff come from?!" I had that problem with my room at least, and my room is pretty good sized...

BUFFJEDI
Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:42:09 PM
Ok Richie rich $$$$$$ ;)

JMK
Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:49:26 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I often hear my grandmother say that too!

Darth Viscera
Sep 4th, 2002, 12:20:11 AM
Gotta love houses. This townhouse that we bought last year at 160 grand is now worth 210,000+ clams.

Not bad for a year's worth of suburban development. Every store imaginable has popped up within a 2 mile radius in the last 4 years.

Jedieb
Sep 4th, 2002, 12:03:38 PM
We're having a real estate agent come by tomorrow to help us sell our current home and then we'll start looking. Trying to time the sale of our current house with the purchase of our next is going to be brutal. |I

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 4th, 2002, 12:17:35 PM
Yeah I can see where that could be a problem, hopefully it will work out for you.

JonathanLB
Sep 4th, 2002, 03:48:48 PM
Well when we moved from our 8,000 square foot house (which was actually built in the 1920's) to our new 16,000 square foot house, we couldn't move right away. Because of the timing of the sale and our house not being constructed yet, we had to move to this stupid rental house for about 4 to 5 months.

I personally think moving is one of the most annoying things you can do. To be honest, material STUFF really does bother me. I just don't like so much stuff, it is annoying trying to find out what to do with it, packing it up, spending money hauling it around. I mean, when it comes down to it what is really important to me is my entire DVD collection, which uses virtually no space at all because they are in CD binders, and of course my computer and its related accessories (printer/fax/scanner/copier, etc.). That's the stuff that I NEED to have to be happy, plain and simple. People can say material possessions won't bring happiness, well maybe, but without a computer I am not happy. My passion is writing and Web business and those are both done with computers (writing on paper is retarded and takes forever). Just as someone who loves to ski can't do so without their equipment obviously.

But aside from those things, it all just adds up. Even my Star Wars collection. I really enjoy the collection of course, but it's tempting to just store most of it somewhere while I'm not really sure where I'll be living. For a while it'll just stay at my house here of course, but after college I want to go to LA, then I don't know if I want to live in LA or leave after I finish film school, and I really don't know where my friends will be living or my parents will be living or whatever else, so I don't want to drag that stuff all around. I'd sooner pay for storage and leave it in some random state (lol) than pay for shipping all over the damn place.

I very much like money and I want to have plenty of it, but I'm the type who could be plenty happy in his 20's moving around from city to city and apartment to apartment with just my computer and my DVDs. If they made laptops good enough, I'd just bring an awesome laptop everywhere and my DVDs, then a suitcase of clothes, there you go, all you need. :) Then a large bank account of all the money I'd save from not buying a buncha crap! haha.

Well good luck with this whole thing EB, it can be stressful I know. At least, I thought so. Going down to college in LA, the worst part for me was just having to set up my entire room and unpack everything and make it feel like "home" away from home, hehe.