PDA

View Full Version : A Walk In The Woods.(open)

Santhia
Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:11:18 PM
*Santhia walked silently through the woods that surrounded the small inn where she was staying on this journey. She was alone, as usual, walking along a small path she had found. She couldn't stand being indoors when there was so much out there. Maybe it was her Garou ancestery, but she had always prefered sleeping under the stars. She continued walking, listening to the sounds of the forest in the evening.*

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:44:04 PM
A mournful howl echoed in the distance, carried by the rustling of dry leaves on autumn trees. It was fearful, and at the same time, carried an allure that only such wild things can.

Santhia
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:03:32 PM
*A smile crossed her lips. She quickened her pace, hoping to catch a glimpse of what had made the noise. Another Garou perhaps? She doubted it, there were few garou who lived off Eden. Still, she was intrigued. She was tempted to change into her Lupus form, but not this close to Humans. Instead she hurried to where the noise came from, sniffing the air to get the scent of what-ever, or who-ever it was.*

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:13:09 PM
The wailing din continued in the distance, changing in harmonic. To those with discriminating ears, it was a sign that she had been noticed.

Santhia
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:19:50 PM
*She stopped, and listened. She could smell something. Lupine but human somehow. Not Garou. Which puzzled her. She didn't know of any race besides Garou who could "change" and who became wolves. She looked around, turning slowly.*

"I know you are out there....."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:42:08 PM
Moments passed. In the distance, a voice could just barely be heard.

"Of course. And I, you."

A figure emerged on a wooded ridge, clad in a rough, sleeveless shirt and simple canvas workers pants.

"Not everyday I'm in such company, Garou."

A smile appeared, felt through his eyes more than seen on his lips.

Santhia
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:51:11 PM
*She raised a brow*

"You know I am Garou....but what are you?"

*She walked towards him, giving him a quick once over with her eyes before returning her gaze to his. She was close to him now, taking in his scent, staring at him.*
"You smell of the wolf, but you aren't garou. Another lupine of some kind than? I have never had the pleasure of meeting someone of your race before."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:56:17 PM
"I am a Lupine, but long isolated from the Garou clans. My name is Diego."

Finding a proper spot, he leisurely sat upon a moss-covered rock, reclining back onto a bed of fallen leaves on the hillside.

"Apart from that, the details aren't important."

Santhia
Sep 4th, 2002, 12:00:39 AM
"I see."

*She stood in front of him, resting her hands on her waist*

"I am Santhia, of the Fianna Tribe." *She bit her lip, a nervous habit of hers.*"If you don't mind me asking....what brings you into the woods? A hunt? Or just dislike human ways?"

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:59:32 PM
"Why would I dislike human ways any moreso than I dislike the ways of a wolf? We are both, and yet, neither."

For a moment, their eyes met.

"That being said, I've come out to hunt."

Even now, the smell of a fresh kill was strong in the distance.

"And now, I ask you the same."

Santhia
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:06:22 PM
"I am afraid...I don't hunt where human eyes might see."

*She looked away from him. She could smell the fresh kill, it was making her mouth water, but she wouldn't change this close to humans.*

"I'm sorry...."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:39:18 PM
"What are you afraid of? There's no one around for at least a mile. Trust your senses, not just your eyes."

Santhia
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:58:48 PM
*She sighed, biting her lip*

"If you insist...."
*Santhia closed her eyes, concentrating. She had changed so many times in her life, it was second nature. Her body began to change, she doubled over, her hands becoming paws, her hair growing darker and covering her body. Soon, standing among the tattered remains of her clothes, was a large black wolf. It looked up at him with bright green eyes. She stared at him for a moment, than loped off into the woods*

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 8th, 2002, 07:52:17 PM
Smiling, Diego changed, the smile becoming a keen grimace of sharp teeth as he padded behind Santhia. His yellow eyes regarded her as he loped toward the kill.

Santhia
Sep 8th, 2002, 08:36:36 PM
*Santhia slowed her pace, allowing Diego to catch up to her. She could smell the kill as they got closer, soon it was in front of her. It looked like a deer, or something similar. She moved slowly up to it, sniffing.She placed her front paws on the dead animals neck and dug her teeth in, tearing off a bite.*

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 8th, 2002, 08:50:25 PM
It was a small breach of protocol, and Diego didn't mind. Alphas ate first, but that was a pack mentality. This was a more intimate association, of a sort. At any rate, his appetite had lost out to other interests. Resting on his haunches, Diego watched the black wolf take her share. In his mind, this kill was light years behind him. Already, a new hunt was forming in his mind.

Santhia
Sep 8th, 2002, 09:12:53 PM
*Santhia quickly ate her fill, and turned to him, licking her blood-covered teeth. She walked slowly over to him and nudged him gently with her nose. She laid down beside him, resting her head on his back.*

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 12th, 2002, 11:18:21 PM
Diego leaned back, a friendly lick at her muzzle, and lay astride her dark figure. After a moment, he rose to his haunches, a tease bite pressing across the back of her neck...

Santhia
Sep 12th, 2002, 11:31:10 PM
*She yipped, then turned and pounced at him, knocking him over. She gave him a playful lick and "grinned". She had him pinned down with her paws, so she nipped him back gently.*