PDA

View Full Version : Concerning some advice I recieved.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:11:05 PM
i saw this thing wehre a man was talking about relationships and the man was standing in front of a lot of teens. He says,

"Ladies. What if ytou were on a date with a guy and he asked you YOUR PERMISSION to hug you, kiss you, or hold your hand?"

The room was full of "AAAAAAWWWWW" The girls obviously thought it was sweet of the guy to do that.

I wonder how many girls, or even guys agree that asking a girl's permission to hug, kiss, or hold her hand is a good thing. So, tell me what you think!

Alpha
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:36:24 PM
Well, it wouldn't get you slapped...That'd be a good thing. I actually do ask if it's crowded and stuff.

Jehova Eaven
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:43:39 PM
Its my experience that some girls don't like that, at least the girls in Miami. They, them... the enemy, seem to enjoy a more forceful guy.. with the bulging muscles and stuff. I have neither of those qualities.

imported_Grev Drasen
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:53:49 PM
Not to worry... you're not alone.

Nasseeri Haalleerraa
Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:25:44 PM
I think it all comes down to common sense. Out on a first date, I dont think too many ladies would want the guy pawing them.

I think simply holding a hand out to them instead of verbally asking is just as good. But to know a guy is thoughtful enough to ask is great!

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:32:48 PM
I never ask. I do as I please. :)

The worst that can happen is violent rebuffing of my advances...and I might even like it.

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:45:29 PM
Do NOT ask. For the love of God!

Do, or do not. There is no ask. :mneh

Santhia
Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:49:22 PM
:lol

Asking is okay, but I would have to give the guy a WTF look. :lol On a first date, if you just take the persons hand, they can take it away if they don't like it. it isn't a big deal.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:32:22 PM
I'd ask.

Then again, I'm a touch old fashioned when it comes to romance. I still even ask my wife if she wants a hug a lot.

I guess you really just have to see - it depends on the girl.

Xenodoros Stormrider
Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:59:52 PM
I agree with Marcus when he says that it depends on the girl.

If the girl is bad, wild, and devilishly sexy, then I doubt you'd have to ask. Heck, she'd hug you, hold your hand or kiss you first.

If the girl is nice, calm, and angelicaly sexy, then I think it's best to give some sort of sign... or ask to make sure.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 2nd, 2002, 11:27:14 PM
Ask or at least SILENTLY ask. You know, like that look that says "I want to hold your hand..is that ok?"

Don't just grab and grope. >_<

At least not with me. :)

Zatania Duvall
Sep 2nd, 2002, 11:46:44 PM
Asking is sweet! :) But there is a point where it starts to get weird. Like I had a bf that was so frightened that hugging me was a big issue. He'd make sure his entire body was away from me and only his arms were partially on me. I kept thinking "For God sakes, did we just win a football game or something? Or do I have cooties?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 3rd, 2002, 12:16:37 AM
Yes, asking is sweet. :) I totally agree. :)

Azhure Darkstone
Sep 3rd, 2002, 12:52:51 AM
aww!! With me it's best to ask, but everyone is different including the guys.

Severen Morkonis
Sep 3rd, 2002, 03:23:19 AM
I dont know about me, i mean ive never realy had a proper GF to do so. I mean ive been asked out and such but was to nervous to accept O_o....beh!

But yes im very aware around a women, so first of all i would ask indeed, then when i get to know here, i should by then know when its the right time or not...i dunno....i would proboly ask up untill a stage...

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 3rd, 2002, 05:41:09 AM
Asking is "Awwww!" isn't he cute.

Asking is not something that a girl could put up with for long in my book, in this day and age I think a girl would be more likely to react negatively to it. And as far as romance is concerned, I've always found it to be more romantic to go with the moment and do what feels right, scripting it out is very dull.

Sanis Prent
Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:53:06 AM
I'm not just hell-bent on asserting myself on women with no warning at all. I give plenty of warning signs, but I will never verbally ask permission. You can definitely see the future in my eyes.

Kelt Simoson
Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:56:53 AM
Charley has "Im going to sex you up right now gurl" eyes :)

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:06:47 AM
I think asking would make me go O_o

I would be much more happy if someone judged whether or not I'd be comfy with it on their own and just went ahead with it

Sanis Prent
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:19:23 AM
I'm not THAT forward ^_^;

:mischief

But seriously, I've had problems about being direct before. When I first started dating long ago, I was kinda nervous about it. But eventually it kinda clicks, and you can read the right body language and simply know.

Kelt Simoson
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:24:00 AM
Yeah, im still very nervous around women...:(

Sanis Prent
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:28:09 AM
It took a very direct girl to break me out of that kind of nervousness. On our first date, I just came by to take her out to the movies, and she said that she'd rather stay at home and watch a movie instead. So we're just sitting there on her italian leather sofa, and I turn to look at her...

...its the same kind of eyes you see on the discovery channel, right before the lion springs out from behind a thicket and tackles a wildabeest. My mouth got very dry and "Oh my God" ran through my head.

^_^; happy times

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:36:55 AM
:lol :D

Santhia
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:41:48 AM
We all know you're a studly hunk of man, Charles ;)

And Mikey, you shouldn't be nervous, you are a big cutey! Just be your sweet self and things will be fine :)

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:42:28 AM
It must be those Southern Girls. I tried to be all direct with my current g/f when we went on our first few dates. Around 4 months later she was like "Can you not take the hint that you don't need to ask. Just take?" I had the deer in the headlights look going...."Oh hell...oh hell...what do I do...what do I do.." so she desided she needed to take matters in her hands. So she took....alot of stuff that night.

Move to the South people. You will love it!

Santhia
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:44:52 AM
*Wants to*

My Gue is there :(

*beats up Verse and steals his house* :)

Kelt Simoson
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:46:30 AM
Im not sweet or cute...so shush! :)

Chaos Alexander
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:48:37 AM
I am going to Britian on day. Then me and Mikey are goin' to pimp at all the bars. No lie. Those British girls and their accents....

::Body shiver.::

oh yes.

Sanis Prent
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:49:53 AM
I'm not really where I want to be right now. I'm gonna work out some more...then I'll be ready for whatever.

If I don't feel sexy, then I refuse to allow others to think I'm sexy.

Kelt Simoson
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:51:02 AM
<<, is not sexy, cute, or sweetor anyof the above.....so i have about as much confidence as a fat hippo...

Santhia
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:54:48 AM
Oh hush. You are so sweet and cute....so nyah.

And you are a sexy B*itch Charley, and you better be eating! :lol

:p

OH, and Ladies. If you talk to Mikey, ask to hear his voice! *melts* Mmmm, sexy british boy ;):lol

Chaos Alexander
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:55:32 AM
I never feel sexy....that doesn't mean I don't stop trying. All they can say is "No, stop talking to me." then I just move on.

Sanis Prent
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:56:21 AM
I'm just kinda in limbo. I have the capacity to be totally badass, but I'm not there yet. So I just slap a big "under construction" sign on me, and don't really expose myself till I'm decided that I am ready.

When I am....:mischief

There will be trouble.

Chaos Alexander
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:59:11 AM
No girl can turn down the SOuthern accent. I am not talking about the hick one, but the southern one.....

.....which brings up a point. Girl dig any type of accent. Hell....I dig accents.

Sanis Prent
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:59:46 AM
And I am eating Dae...just not in copious amounts. I have developed a reverse tapeworm or something. I can't make myself eat if I am not hungry.

Besides, I'm gonna be participating in EAS's Body for Life 2002 competition :) 12 week workout program, with a regulated diet and supplements to augment it. If it all works as planned, then I'll be back to my old self again...

Kelt Simoson
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:02:11 AM
well there is a certain girl i wish to cuddle right now :p...*thinks about her*

Santhia
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:06:33 AM
Good Charley, as long as you aren't starving yourself :p And isn't exposing yourself in public illegal? :lol

Awwwwww to Mikey and yes, Brandon, GIRLS LOVE ACCENTS

*misses Michael Gue* :(

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:12:31 AM
accents schmachents.

I tried to talk to Dyne one time, over voice chat, and neither of us could understand what the other was saying because of the evil that is accents :mneh

Sanis Prent
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:14:49 AM
I love accents. Both hearing them and faking them (I don't have an accent, so I have to do something)

Santhia
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:16:28 AM
I bet you do have one, since you live in the southern us. at least to us canadia girls ;) I know I don't have one :mischief

Kelt Simoson
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:17:00 AM
My accent sucks..hasno twang on any unprenouncible words to others at all....mines plaine..ask Jenny :(

Santhia
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:17:59 AM
IT DOES NOT!

You have a great accent Mikey! :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:20:53 AM
Way aye man Mikey, it's geet good :D

Santhia
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:21:16 AM
See? :D

So hush :)

Kelt Simoson
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:23:54 AM
Its geet good?...what the?.....Geordonian words i shall never understand.....how do i know geet aint something like "Crap" O_o? :p

Santhia
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:25:17 AM
it's good, so hush, why must you always put yourself down? :(

Chaos Alexander
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:36:55 AM
I like Brit accents. They are cool as hell.

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:42:42 AM
Geet means very :)

Santhia
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:45:00 AM
See? silly boy :p

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 3rd, 2002, 01:30:31 PM
depends on the guy really.....it's sweet though in a way I guess.....accents are always sexy......

Zeke
Sep 3rd, 2002, 03:40:23 PM
Since we're talking about naughty things in front of Americans, shouldn't we speak English english?

Admiral Lebron
Sep 3rd, 2002, 03:55:19 PM
Usually on the first date or whatever, I tell 'em I won't touch 'em unless they want me to. :) To many sexual harrassment posters in my school. >_<

Oishii Sakana
Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:05:18 PM
I would ask, for the same reson as Lebron. Don;t wanna get arrested for harassment. That would be bad, then you have to move to another state to get a date. lol...

Admiral Lebron
Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:16:35 PM
Yeah. Besides, it works on so many levels. It's sweet, respectful, shows your a good man.

AmazonBabe
Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:41:50 PM
Charley does too have an accent... but it's not noticable unless he speaks certain words. It's not all that noticable unless you're actually listening for it. he just likes to deny he has any accent. :p

As for me, I'd think itd be very gentlemanly if a guy asked permission.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:38:49 PM
I'm obviously no gentleman then, huh? :mneh

Admiral Lebron
Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:49:38 PM
No. I've heard I'm to much of a gentleman... :( Girls these days want to be like beat and insulted I guess... not complimented.. weird.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:57:39 PM
Seriously. I agree entirely. I guess girls want less than they deserve. I get the same type of comments as Lebron.

"Too good to be true." Stuff like that. It's wierd.

Thanks for all you guy's opinions thus far. Maybe some more people will see what they think.

Admiral Lebron
Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:59:04 PM
Get some friends who are like party animals. And hang with them. I did that at the end of last year and boy....were girls like all over me. Granted they were stoned a bit.

Zeke
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:30:11 AM
Girls that are stoned or drunk don't count! They're not in their right minds and thus would date anything that moves. Not to offend, but I'd prefer a girl that liked me despite her blood-alcohol level.

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:34:18 AM
Well, it doesn't bother me but I do see your point. I like to have some blood in my alcohol system sometimes. :D

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:19:58 PM
Is that so? But I will have to agree with Zeke.

Morrigan Van-Derveld
Sep 5th, 2002, 03:46:12 AM
Ha.. I'm so late in replying to this.

For the first date or something, it's nice if they ask premission to kiss, but not hugging or anything like that.

x.x;; I run up and hug random people sometimes...

Although, at my school, we have people randomly groping others. 'Tis quite... intresting.

Kelt Simoson
Sep 5th, 2002, 04:48:31 AM
Intresting school O_o

Dodine Hakray
Sep 5th, 2002, 11:58:55 AM
im a proponent of "let things happen"

If ya feel a kiss comin on, go for it, if she dont stop ya, its all good, if she slaps ya, hey, least ya gotta good kiss outta it