PDA

View Full Version : Getting Away

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 2nd, 2002, 07:35:14 PM
Slight rain fell from the heavens, and clouds dominated the vast skies. Outside the Jedi Center were many wild animals, including beautiful horses. Kindo began to approach one of the tame horses, uneffected by the rain. He hopped up on it's white back, positioning himself for a long ride. With a loud shout, the animal began galloping out towards the dense, magnificent forests. Ki's mind was upon many things, and this journey would sure give him the meditation time he so desired.

He thought foremost of his love for the Jedi, how he had been adopted into the large family of peacekeepers. They meant so much to him, he knew he would always be there for them, like he had made a strong covenant within his beating heart. His thoughts turned to everything he had learned, and continued to learn. He had began lacking any knowledge of the Force, yet know he was totally embraced and captivated by it. It had took profound control of his life, every division, emotion, or action.

Has the horse continued galloping through the green abyss of plantlife, he couden't help but admire his beatiful surroundings. The lush enviroment always brought a smile to his face, even has a young child did he enjoy the serenity and beauty of the outdoors.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:01:14 PM
Wei was walking into the forest with a small bundle of food on his back when Kindo rode by on a horse.

"Kindo!" Wei called out to his friend. "Where you headed?"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:09:07 PM
" I'll probably just camp out somewhere tonight. "

Kindo altered the direction of the horse and began to ride over near Wei. The man was a very good friend of Ki's, a man in many respects alike himself. It was then when an excellant idea struck his mind.

" Would you like to come along with me? "

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:15:35 PM
Wei smiled. That sounded good to him. "It'll be sort of like back home travelling with my family. I got food for a few people, so we can have some dinner later. Know of any good places to camp?"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:23:11 PM
" Just past the river, about a mile down, there is a lush location by a lake. We can camp out there tonight. "

Kindo was quite excited about this endevour, for rarely did he get to camp out with nature like he did has a child. Such grand memories.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:27:34 PM
Wei smiled. "Sounds good. Can I beg you a ride?" Wei remembered sleeping out in the forest when he was a kid. Wei and his Grandpa would go out in the woods for intense training. It was great.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:03:24 PM
" Just hop on the back here, she's a large horse. "

Once Wei was positioned and prepered, the two galloped off throught the dense forests, admiring the serenity that the wilderness offered while they headed towards their campsite, where they would spend the night in the midst of nature.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 3rd, 2002, 08:00:13 PM
Wei had never ridden a horse before. It was most definitely new to him. "How long till we get there?"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:03:48 PM
" Just up here, right over the river. "

The ivory horse approached and galloped through the shallow river, drawing closer to the lush campsite.

" It's right over there. "

Kindo pointed out to a large oak tree in the distance that seemed to shelter all of the emerald grass below it. On it's left side was a large refreshing lake, and towards it’s right was another shielding tree. The horse halted in its tracks, and the Jedi climbed their way off the white stallion. Ki Adi began gaping around at the beautiful environment that surrounded them, admiring its splendor and peacefulness.

“ Its incredible. I haven’t spent a night with nature since I was but a young child. “

Kindo reflected a wide grin off his features, for he was glad to be where he was, and was glad he had a friend there to enjoy it with him.

Krieger
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:30:08 PM
"Hey, don't forget me!" A deep voice came bounding from the other side of the pastuer. "Guess I'm too big for that lil' donkey, huh? That's ok though, watch this."
Kreiger then put his hands to the ground, digging his hands in. He then began to scream with wild pain. Huge insect-like wings burst from his back.
"Oi, that's painful! I ought to be used to it after a while though." The giant creature then gave his two comrades a look of wild competition."Race ya!"he said playfully, bolting across the country side.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 6th, 2002, 02:25:22 PM
"Wow. I didn;t know he could do that." Wei said. "I got an idea, Kindo. Get up alongside Krieger."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 6th, 2002, 04:26:00 PM
Kindo stepped up parallel to Krieger, confound of why he was asked to do this. Nevertheless, he awaited the Wei's request.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 6th, 2002, 04:31:17 PM
"Good. Here we go!" WEi got up and jumped over onto Kriger's back.

"How goes it, man?" He said to Krieger.

Krieger
Sep 7th, 2002, 11:27:43 AM
"Pretty good, I guess."He said calmly."Considering the fact that a bug just landed on my back!"He said playfully. "Time to shake him off!" Krieger flew high above the clouds, twisting and flipping, dipping and turning. He then flew downward and around his comrade on his fearless horse, not spooking it a bit. "Your horse is extremely calm, Kindo." He said in astonishment.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 7th, 2002, 04:25:26 PM
" She's a very calm stallion. "

Kindo glanced about, trying to locate some firewood. He spotted a random pile, and began strolling over to the heap of logs. He gathered up the lumber, carrying them back to the encampment. He bunched the kindling toghether, then began vigorously rubbing two sticks toghether, creating a flame. He set the pile of lumber ablaze, allowing the fire to maintain.

" Thats an old skill I learned has a child. "

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 9th, 2002, 05:54:47 PM
"Nice. I'll show you guys a skill I learned as a kid once the fire gets to be just right." Wei said, hopping down off of Krieger's back and unloading his pack of food.

"That was one sweet ride I went on Krieger. Sort of scary, but all the same..." Wei laughed.

Krieger
Sep 9th, 2002, 07:34:02 PM
"Heh, I guess so. We coulda died if things didn't go right. I never done that before." Krieger said with a nervous chuckle.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 9th, 2002, 07:59:22 PM
Wei shrugged and watched the fire. "So, Kindo, what you been up to as far as training goes?"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 10th, 2002, 02:15:37 PM
" It has been quite a while since I dedicated my life to the Order, so much training has passed since then. I do believe my days of training has a Padawan are drawing close to an end. I have come so far, yet so much more I have to learn. "

Kindo paused silently for a moment, allowing something to be detected in his features, a sincere smile.

" What about you Wei? "

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 10th, 2002, 03:18:39 PM
Wei flopped over so he was laying on the ground. "Well, I can channel the Force into my body, I can use it to sense people, and I can now use a lightsaber. I can;t manipulate objects with the Force, though.I can't think of anything outside of Force manipulation that I would need to learn. Everyday is a training experience. I cannot think of a single day in which my skill in the Force has not been pushed to its limits."

Wei laughed. "It's a Jedi's life for me!"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 10th, 2002, 03:26:05 PM
" As it is for all of us! "

Kindo let off a bright grin, slightly laughing has he spoke.

" What about you, Krieger? "

Krieger
Sep 10th, 2002, 06:19:00 PM
"I guess so. I'm not to strong with the force. I can't do a thing with it. All I know is that its there."He said nervously.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 10th, 2002, 08:10:56 PM
Wei shrugged. "Maia is a good teacher, so I've heard. You'll be doing all sorts of things with the Force before the week is out, I bet."

Krieger
Sep 12th, 2002, 05:52:34 AM
"Excellent! I can't wait! She is like a mother to me!"Krieger said.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 13th, 2002, 11:45:18 AM
" As she is for me has well, Krieger. Maia is an excellant teacher, you will have no trouble learning from her. "

Kindo took a moment to think of his magnificent master, and how much he had learned from her. Indeed, he was fortunate to be able to have her teach him the ways of the living Force.

" Any love interests at the moment, Wei, Krieger? "

Krieger
Sep 14th, 2002, 03:51:53 PM
"I can't say I have one... I don't know too many people here. Then again, I don't know too many people period." He said with embarrassed laughter.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 14th, 2002, 04:10:13 PM
Wei smiled. "Ange Tot. She lives across the hall from me. We have had soem fun times together. She spilled a bowl of root stew on my head once. That was wierd." Wei laughed. "She's a good girl. A bit proud, and stubborn, but good."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 14th, 2002, 04:17:11 PM
" I am glad for you, Wei. "

Kindo paused silently momentarily, has if searching the multiple corridors of his mind.

" Right now, I'm not quite sure I have any connection or such either. "

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 14th, 2002, 04:52:46 PM
Wei raised an eyebrow. "I remember you met a young lady at one of Dios's parties that went by the name Ami. What about her? I haven;t seen her around much though."

Krieger
Sep 15th, 2002, 10:57:14 AM
"Ami? That name doesn't ring a bell. Please, do tell of this, Ami, Wei speaks of." Krieger said with curiosity.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 15th, 2002, 12:26:48 PM
" I'm just not sure anymore, I have been searching... "

Kindo paused momentarily, letting a slight grin appear in his features.

" ... the right women, the one that fills that void within my heart. "

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 15th, 2002, 01:10:51 PM
"So eloquently put, Kindo. I approve." Wei tried to remember Princess Leia AMidala, otherwise known as Ami. "She used to be a padawan of Maia;s. Not sure where she has been though. LEt;s change the subject."

Wei saw that the fire was right for cooking. "I got food. What do you guys want for dinner?"

Krieger
Sep 15th, 2002, 06:08:16 PM
"Um... I don't...eat." He said hesitantly. "I'm not sure why but I only eat like once a year. There are so many things about myself that I don't know. Maia is trying to help me find who I am."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 21st, 2002, 06:02:53 AM
" Interesting, Krieger. "

Kindo deflected his attention back towards Wei, who was beginning to prepare a delicious dinner.

" I'll have whatever you are having. "

Kindo continued to smile brightly, for he deeply cherished these scarse times he was able to spend with his dear friends, actually, family.

Krieger
Sep 21st, 2002, 01:32:43 PM
Suddenly, Krieger swiped his large hand at a huge tree, cutting it in half. He then did it again a little further up, making a large log. He caught it and the tree went back down and conformed as if nothing happend to it. He set it on the ground, resting his head upon it.

"I'm gonna catch a lil' sleep while guys eat. I'll probably just doze a lil' bit, so keep talkin' and I oughta respond."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 23rd, 2002, 06:09:44 PM
"You got it, Krieger."

Wei took out a pan and a large spoon. He set the pan on the fire and began to add vegetables and some bits of dried meat to the pan. Wei shook it slightly so that everything would mix up before he added some rice.

"Dinner will be ready soon."

Wei took out a bottle and squirted some soy sauce into the pan and stirred it with his large spoon. Wei shook the pan again and stirred it for a bit with the spoon.

"OK, now we just need my plates."

Wei took out a small mess kit that he had and separated it inot it's two larger halves, setting aside the small pot. he ladeled equal portions into the large halves and found a spoon for Kindo

"Eat up," Wei said, handing Kindo his half of the dinner.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 23rd, 2002, 06:18:20 PM
" Thank you, Wei. "

Kindo began to eat his savory meal, glancing up at the bright stars that reigned high in the vast heavens, always shining brightly for those to view and admire.

" Brothers, we may not always get to do what we are doing now, lets always cherish these times, always. "

This was his beloved family, and always would be. The three continued into the long and beautiful night, spending valuble time with each other only has a bonded family could, and no matter what, they would always have each other...