PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed!

imported_Taja Loraan
Sep 2nd, 2002, 12:10:53 PM
Okie .. my friend is going to a Korn gig on Friday, and she asked me what to wear. I suggested that since they seem to dress casual but have pretty funky hair (well, I think so at least .. not a big fan), she should concentrate on her hair too. She's already got the back of her head shaved, so I said to do those little twisty temporary dreads and dye each one a different color. As for clothing .. loose-fitting, mebbe slightly retro. Jewelry, just long chains and ankhs and stuff like that ... I think she's gonna wear an inverted cross and pentagram.

Does that sound okay?? O_o

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 2nd, 2002, 12:14:29 PM
o_O;;;;;

... Yes?

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 2nd, 2002, 12:17:11 PM
I'd suggest she choose just two colours or if she's got black hair I'd suggest just have some dreads black and the others purple. Purple and black works well.

As for clothes, wear black and lilac. Black trousers, lilac leather boots with big buckles up the sides, a purple/lilac boob-tube and maybe a black, mesh-type of cardigan thing going on. And a Zippy or a Gonzo backpack. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 2nd, 2002, 12:24:06 PM
Dress like Devi, basically :)

imported_Jack
Sep 2nd, 2002, 02:12:46 PM
No thats just Lokis fantasies :)

Xenodoros Stormrider
Sep 2nd, 2002, 11:05:14 PM
Um. Don't wear too much jewelery because there's a possiblity of a mosh? LOL. Heck I don't know. I'm not a rocker.

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Sep 2nd, 2002, 11:53:10 PM
I am a rocker. I rock out.

I second Loki's motion.

Serena Laran
Sep 3rd, 2002, 12:13:03 AM
You're a rocker? o_O Rocking CHAIR maybe.

Loki said boob-tube. :lol:lol

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 3rd, 2002, 01:33:06 PM
:lol wouldn't know, haven't been to a concert yet :cry

imported_Taja Loraan
Sep 4th, 2002, 02:39:29 AM
:lol! and :cry with Seerra. Me too. :(

Hmm .. yeah, Loki's suggestion is funkeh. Dunno, just for some reason I kept thinking of retro-esque stuff for this. O_o So the jewelry and multi-colored dread thing is decided (she's a strawberry-blonde).

Lilac boots?? x_x Gah, that'll cost a bomb! She's got big rock boots, in black I think. That'll work. And no lilac!! Too bright for death rockers .. dark purple good. :D

Who's Devi? o_O

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Sep 4th, 2002, 02:50:13 AM
A rocking CHAIR! Haha! I get that. I get jokes. Rocking chairs are EXCELLENT typists.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:09:51 AM
I moshed at Adema wearing shorts, hawaiian shirt, and sandals (my usual clothing)

The Messenger
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:41:20 AM
Typical Charley lol

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:57:59 AM
sandals? would think that would be bad in a mosh pit.....

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:03:18 AM
Well with my center of gravity low and my shoulder extended as I run...its no problem.

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:10:01 AM
I've noticed that about you, Charley, you sure do like your hawaiian shirts.

There's nothing wrong with saying "boob-tube" ! :mad

Next time I go to a Marilyn Manson concert, I think I'll wear a dress to mosh in. :D

Severen Morkonis
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:18:17 AM
Well, i would just wear my gothic clothing to something like that......

I can just picture Charleys night out *Day dream fade in*

Goths moshing about, black clothing, silver chains,nose rings, eye brows piearced, the guys on stage shouting some unrecognizable word and then...............Silence. The crowed stops moshing, the music stops beating...the camara pans down to view charley in a light blue and yellow and a pinch of red haiwian shirt on with elvis glasses, sandles and baggy red shorts walk in.....

i can just picture that...

Motssumi Rosskaarru
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:20:21 AM
:lol

Jehova Eaven
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:42:00 AM
heh heh, didn't I tell you to suggest to your friend to dress casually. Comfort over fashion, don't try to fit in! Go nude!

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:46:18 AM
We must pay homage to the man who is able to wear a dress and still look as cool as hell in it! :cool

<CENTER>http://www.andrew-milligan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/misc/twiggy1.jpghttp://www.andrew-milligan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/misc/twiggy2.JPG</CENTER>

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:54:44 AM
*doesn't like Manson* looking good in a dress as a male wouldn't rank as cool in my book....

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:19:15 AM
A straight man at that! And Manson are great! :mneh

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:20:48 AM
Well I'm really not somebody to conform, even when I'm amidst a group of "non-conformists" lol.

And moshing with Third Strike's lead singer was cool. That guy is a beast!

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:21:08 AM
*never liked even one Manson song* blech.....

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:32:20 AM
Well :mneh to you then! What bands you like?

You got to mosh with a band member!? You swine! Mesa :x with envy!

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:36:13 AM
That was the best band of the concert...and they were the openers :)

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:39:46 AM
don't like the gothish type of rock....don't wanna list a bunch of bands, pretty much I'm an alternative rock listener along with punk......

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:41:32 AM
Marilyn Manson isn't a goth band! o_O

It's just a good Rock N' Roll band with intelligence.

Severen Morkonis
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:42:00 AM
Im just about anything other than anything below the 90's

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:44:39 AM
Anything for me, minus pop and boy bands. I'm fairly eclectic

Severen Morkonis
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:48:17 AM
You liar...i have papaazzi pics of you singing in a boyband! :mad

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:12:34 AM
I like every genre of music, at least I think I do. Mind you, that's certainly not to say I like every artist and band.

imported_Taja Loraan
Sep 4th, 2002, 12:31:27 PM
According to my sister, I'm starting to look like Marilyn Manson. Which means I look like a girl trying to look like a guy trying to look like a girl. Uhm .. yeah. That's about right. o_O

And yaaaaaaaaay! Cutie Loki's back!!! :D *HUGGLES*

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 4th, 2002, 12:53:58 PM
Manson is ... eh, I dunno. Sometimes I like him, sometimes I don't. I prefer Mr Trent Reznor :)

As for genre's, I like anything that sounds good to me, that has a good beat. Which usually excludes certain areas :)

and YAY at the return of my Hogwarts grad. buddy :D

Dae Jinn
Sep 4th, 2002, 01:33:47 PM
I like any kind of music, but i stopped listening to manson in grade 10 :lol I sold all my goth tapes except for NIN, since they are excellent. Reznor is awesome. I like punk (old british punk over newer stuff.), hip hop, dance house trance, some "hard" bands like korn etc. alternative. Almost everything. One country song my sweetie sent me :lol but usually not country at all. Too pop-ish now. The old country was da bomb! :lol

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 4th, 2002, 01:36:48 PM
I am not a recurrent manson fan, though I do enjoy "Don't like the Drugs" :)

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 4th, 2002, 01:37:52 PM
And yes, all old country is AWESOME :)

Hank Williams
George Jones
Merle Haggard
Johnny Cash
Willie Nelson

etc :)

Kelt Simoson
Sep 4th, 2002, 03:20:24 PM
O_o

CREEEEEDDDDDDD!!!

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 4th, 2002, 03:55:26 PM
peh, I just don't like Manson, there's nothing wrong with that.....