PDA

View Full Version : A young woman walks into the Center...

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 2nd, 2002, 06:59:40 AM
A young woman...almost a girl, actually, with highlights in her black hair...walks into the Recruitment Center, a look of amusement and respect on her face. As she strides towards the front desk, a woman with long, braided hair catches her eye...she looked like somebody to treat with respect...

...asking one of the people working the desk where to discuss joining the order, Rinoa was quickly directed back towards the woman who had caught her eye...a lady named Xazor...

...Rinoa brushed her hair back as she walked over and took a seat near Mistress Dawnstrider, and waited while Xazor finished her conversation with a man.

Xazor Elessar
Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:06:53 AM
The Knight Xazor had been discussing recruitment with a young man when suddenly someone came and sat near where she was standing. They finished and she turned around to look upon the face of a young woman. She smiled gently and bowed. Her long Garou Warrior Braids nearly touched her knees as she did, and the golden coins woven into them clanged together softly. The Garou stood upright and clasped her hands at her weapons belt.

"Greetings....I am Warrior Jedi Knight and Council Member, Xazor Dawnstrider. You seek the Jedi this day, yes?"

Her voice was soft yet it held a power about it with each words. She smiled gently and waited for an answer from the young one...

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 2nd, 2002, 04:57:47 PM
"Hello, Mistress Dawnstrider. My name is Rinoa Heartilly, and I have come to be trained as a Jedi."

Rinoa had been traveling quite a while now, and if she wasn't accepted, it was over...

...after telling her family that she wanted to join the jedi, they had cut her off from the family trust until she stopped this "ridiculous" quest. They had given her enough money to buy a ship and weapons, and then kicked her out of her home on Corellia, where she'd lived for 17 years...

...she'd show them how "crazy" she was...

Xazor Elessar
Sep 2nd, 2002, 07:54:21 PM
Xazor smiled gently and nodded, picking up on the girl's extra thoughts about things being 'over'. The Knight shifted her weight slightly and looked down at Rinoa and nodded in understanding.

"So you have come to learn the ways of the Force.....but why? And why did you come to the Jedi Order when there are many other ways to learn of such a thing?"

She questioned softly, knowing that she asked everyone this, but she seemed particularly interested in this girl......there was just something about her.....

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 3rd, 2002, 05:59:31 AM
Rinoa smiled, too, hiding her nervousness...

"I have come to learn the ways of the force to heal my past..."

Of course, there was other reasons...

"I came here at a great cost...I come from a wealthy shipping family on Corellia, where I've lived for 17 years of my 19 year old life..."

Rinoa sighed as she reached into her memories.

"It has always been a dream of mine to become a jedi, ever since..." Rinoa trailed off...

...here was the painful part...

"The first two years of my life were spent on my home planet, somewhere you've probably never heard of...a planet called Caliban..."

Many memories were flashing through her head, now...

"The reason you probably haven't heard of it was because it is gone...destroyed by Grand Admiral Thrawn and a fleet of Victory class Star Destroyers...their bombardment was powerful enough to upset Caliban's core, and it tore itself apart in a series of seismic eruptions...less than 1000 families got off of the planet alive..."

Rinoa was holding back tears...her home planet was a distant memory...

"That was the first time I ever saw the Jedi...three of them came, supervising the planet's evacuation, staying until the last transport departed before leaving...I never learned what became of them...."

Rinoa took another deep breath...

"I was only two at the time, and I still remember them, like it was yesterday...Maybe you'll see why I admire the Jedi Order now, Mistress Xazor...My Mother and Father have cut me off from the family trust, dismissing my dreams and ideas as "ludicrous" and "impossible"...until I can prove that I'm not just a naive little girl, I have nowhere to go..."

Rinoa looked up and stared the Jedi Knight in the eye, touching the black necklace around her neck...the fire pendant on it was worth over 3 million credits alone...it was no ordinary necklace...

"You see this necklace, Mistress?" Rinoa asked. "It belonged to my Grandma...she died during Caliban's destruction...Please, Mistress Xazor...I need this chance..."

Rinoa continued starring at Mistress Xazor, intent on hearing her answer...she didn't know what she'd do if this didn't work out...either way, Rinoa was going to tell Xazor what made that necklace so special...

(ooc: lol, that was both long, and lame...:lol)

Xazor Elessar
Sep 6th, 2002, 10:02:34 PM
ooc: It was not lame! :lol And long is a good thing.... :)

ic:

Xazor listened intently and frowned slightly when she spoke of how her parents did not like this idea...and after what the Jedi had done for this girl...even if it was inadvertantly. She smiled gently and softly placed a hand upon her shoulder...looking right into her eyes.

"Do not let them look down upon you because you are young. Have faith and believe in your dreams...for the only way to accomplish them is to live them. You have such a good heart...I feel it in the Force. Your reasons for coming here are pure and righteous...so do not be ashamed or worrisome because others do not see the reality that you do."

She said softly, squeezing her shoulder gently and then letting her arm drop to the side as she looked at the floor for a moment. Her eyes then drifted up to meet Rinoa's once again...wondering what was so special about her necklace. Perhaps it was something like the ring that she wore around her own neck. Smiling gently, she looked at her curiously.

"I welcome you to the Greater Jedi Order...Padawan. I do wish to know one thing though before I tell you some details. Why is your necklace so important to you?"

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 7th, 2002, 07:25:18 AM
(ooc: Thanx...I see why people say you're the one that broke the lol smiley...:lol)

ic:

Rinoa looked down at her necklace...again...

"Well, Mistress..." she said, trying to fight off the feeling of relief spreading over her...

"To put it simply...this necklace is evil..."

Rinoa was usually overly happy, and this was one of the few times she had been serious in her entire life...growing up as a spoiled rich girl hadn't helped much...

"There's...well, a dragon inside...one that hasn't been seen for thousands of years..."

Rinoa looked back up at Xazor, and leaned close to whisper something in her ear...

"I have a feeling that, somewhere in my family, one of my ancestors was either a Jedi, or something that managed to seal the creature inside this...well, see this part?" Rinoa asked, picking up the dragon shaped pendant...the part that looks like it's holding a fire...that fire is the dragon..."

(ooc: And, just in case you wanted to see what the hell Rinoa has been going on about for the past few posts...http://www.blacksunrise.com/fv1440.html...cool, huh?)

imported_Lance Stormrider
Sep 7th, 2002, 04:26:46 PM
OOC: ^^ Ohhhhh a Rinoaa! Yahoo! A new babe in the order =P

Xazor Elessar
Sep 7th, 2002, 07:58:34 PM
Xazor smiled gently and nodded, understanding everything that she was speaking. The pendant was beautiful.....and reminded her of the ring she wore around her neck. Reaching her hand to touch her own necklace gently.....she lost focus but soon found her attention back on the new Padawan.

"It shall have no bearing upon your membership here....so again I welcome you. It seems we have some things in common, even though you may not know it. Perhaps you wish to join me for a drink or dinner sometime.....I wish to share a few things with you pertaining to your necklace......"

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 8th, 2002, 12:25:16 AM
Rinoa nodded her head, then started to get up. Things in common, huh? Cool...

"I'd be honored to join you one day...thank you, Xazor."

(ooc: Yes, a new babe...feel free to hit on her...:lol)

Xazor Elessar
Sep 8th, 2002, 12:27:24 AM
Xazor smiled gently and bowed once again.

"You are quite welcome young one. I shall meet you tomorrow then when I have more time upon my hands for as of now....I must be off to train some students in the fine art of the Lightsaber. May the Force be with you......."

She said softly and then turned to depart, anticipating their meeting tomorrow. The Knight would send word for her then.

ooc: And who told you I broke the lol smiley?? :lol I guess I have! :lol!!!

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 8th, 2002, 12:34:57 AM
(ooc: I live down the street from Jace/Lion El' Jonson...he's crazy....he RPs somebody else, too, but I can't remember...:lol)

ic:

Rinoa stood up, returned the bow, and then began turning to exit the room...lightsabers...cool...

"I'll look forward to it...anything special I should call you, Xazor?" she asked, as she swept back her hair...

Xazor Elessar
Sep 8th, 2002, 12:47:09 AM
Xazor shook her head gently and smiled.

"Nothing but a friend.....that is all I ask. We are equals here.....though there are ranks, yes....no one is higher than another. In formal training you would call me Master.....but we're not training, so it matters not....."

She said softly, hoping that Rinoa understood that difference. It really did not matter to her what others called her.....

ooc: Oooooo, yeah, Lion.....hehehee. That's really cool! ;)

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 8th, 2002, 12:55:01 AM
(ooc: Yah, it is...he climbed in through my bedroom window once because my dog was running loose and attacking people that came to the front door...:lol)

ic:

Rinoa smiled, then nodded her head.

"I got it, Xazor...cya later...anywhere I should go right now?" she called as began walking out of the center, still smiling...

Xazor Elessar
Sep 8th, 2002, 12:59:17 AM
ooc: :eek You're kidding? :lol!!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!!!! ;) That's too funny!!! ;)

ic:

Xazor shook her head and smiled softly.

"You can go to the Bar and Grill and make some friends there, or find yourself a room in the Living Quarters. If you get lost or have any questions, ask anyone, we are all here to help you. I also suggest you might take a walk through the gardens surrounding the Jedi Temple....they're beautiful. As are the jungles that surround the Academy....."

The Garou said as she looked after Rinoa who was walking out as she was. The girl had great potential and Xazor could feel that through the Force. She would make the Order proud....

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 8th, 2002, 01:11:07 AM
(ooc: That's nothing...once, as a prank, he and a bunch of his other friends climbed onto my roof during Halloween, and then stood there with water hoses, spraying potential TP-ers...my dad gave them money for that...:lol...he never mentioned this stuff?)

ic:

Rinoa continued walking...

"Okay, I'll go and find myself a room, first..." she said to herself, as she exited, a little spring in her step as she headed for the living quarters, which were a little far off...

Sep 8th, 2002, 09:40:33 AM
OOC: Rinny is masterless right? I need a girl wan to complete my fantastic four :lol So I wouldn't mind taking her if she is masterless

Xazor Elessar
Sep 8th, 2002, 05:36:48 PM
ooc: No he never mentions it! :lol And yeah, she is Masterless Lance, so she's all yours! ;)

ic:

Xazor smiled as the excitement radiated from the girl. She went on her way then to her training group....

Sep 8th, 2002, 06:39:27 PM
OOC: I always dreamt of having Rinny all for me! ;) Ouooops *hopes Kaytor isn't reading this ^_^;*

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 9th, 2002, 03:11:18 PM
OOC::Where is Lion when things like this happen? Poor guy! His entire life is being written on the forums.

Sep 9th, 2002, 05:11:00 PM
OOC: ROFL :lol Poor duude

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 10th, 2002, 09:07:07 AM
(ooc: Gah!! Meg! The hell are you u doing here?!?!?! I hate when my life flashes before other people's eyes and I ain't there to witness it...I'll start a thread one day where I'll post everything stupid I've ever done at Meg's house...:lol)

IC:

Lion sat in a corner, twiddling his thumbs while he looked up at the ceiling, occasionally glancing down to see if anything new had happened, when the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen walked into the center and sat down...

...okay, not the most beautiful, but, still...Lion let out a low whistle...women like that didn't come along every day...

(ooc: Megan, watch out for Lance, he's still single...rofl)

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 10th, 2002, 09:29:46 AM
(ooc: I decided to join...you can add "Half-breaking the Movie theatre..." to the list...nobody ask...:lol)

IC:

"I think I'm gonna like it here..." Rinoa thought as she continued on towards the LQ, noticing a guy with spiky blonde hair...

(ooc: That's you, Lance...don't do anything stupid..:lol)

Sep 10th, 2002, 02:43:15 PM
OOC: :) Hey Rinny-Poo I saw you got Yahoo! Messenger and I will try to be online on it so plz do so so we can discuss about CERTAIN things :p Cause I got over 130 sns (I'm one of the former FF OOC ppl in Yahell! ^_^; if you don't know who they are then NM! So it's a gigantic effort for me to stay on 1 SN ^^. Anyways I think..I added you my sn is Lance_Stormrider I guess <_< And if you have AIM tell me so. I will try to make a thread in the forumd marked "Living Quarters" In the main GJO Index so check it out :). Oh btw my other apprenice uses Squall for his piccy :lol

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 11th, 2002, 02:15:50 AM
(ooc: I don't want a Squall...that scar looks freaky...:lol. Erm, anyways,I do have AIM, but I never use it, because I'm lazy...^_^;...I do use MSN, though....)

Sep 11th, 2002, 04:17:57 AM
OO: Msn :) ALrighty my addy is Lord_Brian1@Hotmail.com so just add me I'm always on when I CAN, because I am very busy nowadays ^_^; You know school and all that stuff it doesn't let me get on-line much but I TRY hehe ^^ Anyways check out for the LQ I'm gonna make a thread right now (Oh BTW you don't need Squally all you need is me baby ;) :p!)

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 11th, 2002, 05:01:34 PM
(ooc: Lance, I'm gonna shoot you...:lol)

Sep 11th, 2002, 05:17:47 PM
OOC: Oh quiet you :p Mister AndyRocket. Andy ROFL that's my bro's name sounds so weird to name someone else like that without using "Andy what the f-cking hell did you just do!?" :lol anyways don't worry about your friend I'm not THAT much of a flirt :p!

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 12th, 2002, 04:37:12 AM
(ooc: *Cough*..loser! lol, naw, my bro's name is Andy, and he made this sn and hated it after a week of using it, so he gave it to me...now I'm stuck w/ the damn thing...lol...and I like yelling at brothers...'cept mine is older...*gulp...*..so I have to annoy my sister, instead...)

Sep 12th, 2002, 04:39:41 AM
Still AndyRocket :lol That name just sounds funny and I am NOT A LOSER *Gives you the headbash!*

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 12th, 2002, 04:42:41 AM
(ooc: gives lance a nut-buster!..erm, you get the idea...)

Sep 12th, 2002, 05:18:01 PM
o_O!

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 14th, 2002, 08:59:58 AM
Don't give me that poor, flipped out eye look....:lol

Sep 14th, 2002, 09:03:34 AM
o_O

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 14th, 2002, 09:09:40 AM
:::Whacks Lion with a fan:::