PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

ReaperFett
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:22:31 AM
I want to have setup here so that I dont have to log in as ReaperFett every time I come here, but also that if I post as another character I cant accidently post as Fett. Is this doable?

Master Yoghurt
Sep 1st, 2002, 06:01:36 AM
Well, I set this account to "browse board with cookies" and "automatically login in when you return to site". For any other account I need to post with, I set it to "browse with cookies". So when I am posting as Ackbar for example, I just click logout from my Yog account, and there will be the screen where I type in the ID and PW for the other account. I would then stay logged in as Ackbar for the remaining of the browsing session or until I log out again.

Not sure if that is of any help. I wish there was a simpler way of managing accounts, like a pull down box or similar, but the hack has never been done yet because it would be fairly complex..

ReaperFett
Sep 1st, 2002, 12:48:39 PM
I'll have to see. As of now, everything I try can still end up with ReaperFett doing things ReaperFett shouldnt.

ReaperFett
Sep 6th, 2002, 09:38:32 PM
Obviously didnt help, managed to lose another post that took a while:)

TheHolo.Net
Sep 7th, 2002, 01:30:44 AM
Which account of yours has this occurred with?

I have never once lost a post on vB or even been logged out of an account without doing so intentionally.

ReaperFett
Sep 7th, 2002, 03:53:56 AM
Kam Dapp. Im writing it out, I post, it says Im not logged in. It USED to be that it would be ReaperFett posting instead, but now Ive changed something

TheHolo.Net
Sep 7th, 2002, 04:55:50 AM
You have the...

Remember Username and password

...option set to "No", which means that you will be logged out of the account automatically after 15 minutes of inactivity.

ReaperFett
Sep 7th, 2002, 05:08:38 AM
well, I was typing post, so I suppose it would assume I wasnt there

TheHolo.Net
Sep 8th, 2002, 02:23:07 PM
15 minutes of inactivity is 15 minutes of inactivity. What you could do is set the option to "Yes" or while writing posts, open up the Who's Online Activity page in another window, since that page auto reloads itself every 60 seconds and will keep you logged in.

ReaperFett
Sep 8th, 2002, 04:13:54 PM
Well, I used to have it auto log in as ReaperFett while posting as other, so I suppose Ill stick how I am and do that. Thanks