PDA

View Full Version : A visit to the Council

imported_Terran Starek
Aug 31st, 2002, 10:47:36 PM
Terran entered the temple and bowed before the Council. He had questions, and he knew that he could find them in the knowledge contained by the members of the Council. They were wise and he trusted their judgement.

"Council, I am Terran Starek, sevant of the Force, protector of the weak, padawan of Verse Dawnstride, and loyal member of the Greater Jedi Order." His head remained lowered, out of respect, as he said this. "I have questions about certain issues in my life. May I inquire of the wise to listen to my concerns and offer to me advice?"

AmazonBabe
Sep 1st, 2002, 02:06:22 AM
:: AB smiled, nodding her head. ::

Speak your mind, Terran. How may the Council serve you?

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 1st, 2002, 02:22:44 AM
He thanked the Force that he would be heard. He always thought that a sign of true character was being able to give up control of one's life to another in order to regain control in the end. He would seek advice.

"Thank you, my lady." He bowed appreciatively. "I would start by saying that I have encountered numerous instances lately where I have taken part in helping a party that was unable to handle a situation alone. In doing so, I have recieved negative return from the former party. Is it not the role of the Jedi to help those in need? Why are we outcast for service?" His brow furrowed as he thought.

AmazonBabe
Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:48:58 PM
:: She looked at the Padawan while answering. ::

Sometimes we are not meant to understand beings, and even though we may be shunned, we still do what we can for those that need help.

It may be that they are envious, untrusting, or simply ignorant. There are many factors that can explain why a being would not take kindly to our help.

The important thing though is that we continue to be a helping hand, even when it is not appreciated.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 3rd, 2002, 01:42:49 AM
"I understand, my lady." He did understand. It was put into terms he found easy to comprehend. It was and would continue to be his goal.

"If I may continue and ask another question, I should like to. When we have a vision--of true, pure happiness--what does it mean? Is it truth? Is it dream? Is it the Force playing a cruel joke on our reality?" He thought of the vision he had in the woods while meditating with Master Verse. He was in the gardens...he was peaceful...he was with Xa--

He waited patiently for the Jedi Master's answer. He earnestly appreciated this time spent with the council. He felt at home--like he had a wise group of parents and aunts and uncles he could always turn to.

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 3rd, 2002, 08:46:04 PM
"The Force is always in motion, Terran."

She answered simply.

"It gives us possible threads of reality that may or may not be realized. One can never tell what the future may hold. Only a Jedi can be prepared and take the knowledge gathered, but never live by that knowledge fully. Dissapointment will only be found at the end of that journey."

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:20:15 AM
"I understand, Master Jedi." He addressed her gratefully--his vision had weighed heavily upon his mind lately. This would bring ease to his mind and allow him to rest a bit easier. He would hopefully take this into account subconsciously so that he would remember how to judge the visions.

"I thank you for your help. It means so much to me that you would take the time to answer these things for me. I have only one question left. When, in journey or for any other reason, I--or any Jedi--were to encouter a Jedi whose actions are unruly or unbecoming of the light side of the Force...is it our place to say something?"

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 6th, 2002, 10:16:18 AM
"It is our place to help our brethren of course but such situations need to be handled carefully.

When you do witness a Jedi acting outside of the ways of Light, approach them if you are comfortable with them. Or, find a Jedi Knight or Master you feel that can aid that individual as well as yourself.

But be cautious. Sometimes it is a different viewpoint that causes much contention and that should not be judged outright by you are anyone."

She smiled somewhat.

"I know it is a fine line between what is right and wrong to many but trust in your instincts, Terran. And when in doubt, find any of us to talk with. Myself, and the other Jedi here, will always be willing to listen."

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 6th, 2002, 01:57:34 PM
"Thank you Master Jedi," he said bowing to both that had spoken to him. He felt reassured that when, he knew the time would come, he needed answers, he would have a great place to come to. He trusted the Council, now having experienced it, and would be happy to use it as a resource in times to come.

"I have nothing else to inquire this day. I will leave you. May the Force be with you all," he said again, smiling and bowing to his superiors.