PDA

View Full Version : Tie Strike R&D

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Aug 31st, 2002, 06:39:03 PM
To Grand Admiral Desaria

" We have begun research on the new advanced strike fighter. My R&D Department should have detailed design schematics and technical information with-in 10 days."

"Captain Lash out"

Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:59:58 AM
craft: Tie Striker MkII

type: Advanced Strike Fighter

Designer: Lash Research

length : 13 meters

top speed : 90 MGLT

affiliation: Imperial Sovereignty

crew: 2 "1 pilot /1 gunner/navigator"

weapons: 2 lasers, 2 medium ion cannons, 4 Striker heavy projectile launchers.

hull: 35 RU

consumables: 2 days

engines: dual ion

The Striker fills a role the scimitar was not designed for , Capital Ship Engagement. The Scimitar was designed for ground attack where the striker is a sole space combat craft..
It has separate gunner / navigator pod from the pilot pod.This leaves the pilot to concentrate more on flight which in turns make the craft more maneuverable then a tie heavy bomber. The Projectile launchers carry 6 proton torpedoes apiece. Also each launcher is independent which means the Striker can deliver it payload on one run then retreat reload and return with a far greater survivability rate. The payload of each launcher my be changed to 12 concussion missiles , but only 6 may fire in one pass making that a total of 48 concussion missiles 24 fire able in one time.

This craft is ment to deliver maximam payload in one run .It has no hyperdrives or shields.It is not a stand alone platform . it needs support from other craft for protection. It is equipted with 2 laser for protection but due to its size and manuverability it lacks the abilaty to engage smaller craft. Its sole pourpose it killing capital ships.

For pics go to the research and development page.
notice: pics are not final I still have some layers to add.
http://www.geocities.com/musicman72015/RandD_page.html?1030987091258

Sep 9th, 2002, 01:04:57 AM
" Major Andch'vipin'nuruodo I want this research complete as soon as possable . with the outbreak of war we have other weapons research needed done ."

Sep 12th, 2002, 03:04:13 PM
Research Is complete on the Tie Striker. Production may begin at once.