View Full Version : Runaway

Enigma Celes
Aug 31st, 2002, 02:24:11 PM
Graffiti decorations under a sky of dust
A constant wave of tension on top of broken trust
Lessons that you taught me I learned were never true
Now I find myself in question
Guilty by association

I'm gonna run away and never say goodbye.
I'm gonna run away and never wonder why.
I'm gonna run away and open up my mind.

A woman was among the crowd, moving with the rhythm of their feet. Keeping her head ducked, one hand was shoved in her pocket while the other rested at her side.

Their voices hurt her ears.

Don't believe the lies that they told you.

The smell of burning flesh began to surround her while she suddenly broke away, leaning her forehead against a building. The stench of death still stuck to her skin like a second layer, refusing to leave. Her village burned her family at a stake for her unusual cannibalistic manners, but they couldn't catch her. She was already gone; running away.

Ten minutes passed. Then thirty-five. Then an hour.

She hadn't moved.

Finally, someone bumped into her, causing Enigma to turn around and walk away. The villagers wouldn't track her down - they would be content with her absence. Besides, she had been gone for over six months.

Enigma Celes
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:27:44 PM
Cloak my identity.

Once more she was among the crowd, growing restless. Hunger began to claw at her stomach as she tried to conceal it.

Not here, not here.

But her mind began to wander off... Wandered towards a vision of a person just offering themself to her so she could eat her fill...

Miss, watch where you're going!

"Sorry," she mumbled, feeling quite nauseated.

A sign above a door caught her attention - it was a tavern - and she went inside.

There was hardly anyone there and the bartender looked quite bored. After she seated herself, Enigma asked for a glass of water. Maybe drink would fill her stomach.