PDA

View Full Version : Stitches: Black and Blue

Cherice St_Hilare
Aug 30th, 2002, 09:14:38 PM
She held onto Aiden's hand protectively, walking him down the poorly lit corridor. It had taken them about four hours to reach "home", and the moon casted her soft glow on the earth below. Their footsteps echoed in the empty hall until they stopped infront of a door.

Cherice took out a key and shoved it in the lock, turning it. There was a clicking noise and then the door swung open, revealing the boy's new home. Leading him inside, the Succubi closed the door behind them and then turned on the lightswitch.

The walls, a soft lavendar, were decorated with beautiful paintings. A piano was in the corner, with a boquet of dried roses laying on top. An oval mirror was hung on one of the walls, reflecting the two.

"This .. well, this is what you can call the living room."

It had taken her months to re-decorate her living quarters to her liking - expanding its size and embellishing the rooms was hard work.

Letting go of his hand, Cherice led him into the bedroom.

"You'll be sleeping here tonight ..."

A queen-sized bed, with satin red sheets and a white cover probably looked inviting to the boy, who was probably exhausted. A bureau was set to its left and a nightstand was on its right. There was another door which led to the bathroom.

"We didn't have enough time to get your stuff, but once you're settled in you'll have everything your heart desires ... In the bathroom, there's a cupboard under the sink where you'll find an unused toothbrush. You can use that ..."

She didn't really know what else to say, being that she was new to this, but watched Aiden contently with a smile.

Aiden Rennure
Aug 30th, 2002, 09:36:38 PM
They were here! It seemed like they had been walking forever to Aiden. He was exausted and the previous events hadn't helped with that. The boy was still worried about Wei but as they walked in, those thoughts vanished momentarily.

"Wow..."

The room was spectacular! Aiden had "grown up" in a scummy, two room apartment with bare walls and an ever-growing population of rodents and bugs. He couldn't believe that he was going to live here!

The next room was even more appealing-- the presence of the bed most of the cause. If he hadn't been so curious, Aiden probably would have crawled under the sheets and gone to sleep right then.

Turning to Cherice, he smiled.

"This is awesome!"

Aiden took another look around and then glanced down at his clothes. The overalls were dirty and the striped shirt had accumalated several layers of who-knew-what. He was suddenly very worried.

"I forgot my pajamas! What do I do without my pajamas?!"

Cherice St_Hilare
Aug 30th, 2002, 09:56:37 PM
Of all the things to worry about, he was worried about his pajama's ! It was an innocent question, yet made her smile broader.

"Well, let's see ..."

She went over to one of the dressers and pulled open the drawers, rummaging through clothes. Finally, she pulled out a t-shirt that was about two times bigger than Aiden.

" ... Will this do ?"

Aiden Rennure
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:09:35 PM
He eyed the shirt carefully, as if inspecting an expensive purchase. Finally, he nodded his approval.

"Yeah, it'll be okay. I gotta get my pajamas though, 'cause they were made just for boys."

Aiden smiled and gently took the shirt, setting it on the bed. He sat on the floor and pulled his sneakers off, dropping them over his shoulder.

"This is a very big place. Did you live here all by yourself?"

His eyes were concerned. To live alone in such large quarters would terrify him!

Cherice St_Hilare
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:38:00 PM
"When you go back to visit Wei, you can retrieve your pajama's. After all, I understand how important they are."

For a moment, she was silent after Aiden asked her if she lived by herself. Cherice closed the drawer before answering.

"Yes, I do .. A person usually tends to get used to being alone after a period of time .. being ... isolated."

She made no mention about the incident where Xazor had locked her up for a year, which nearly killed the Succubi from a lack of her food source. Which reminded her.

"Do you want a snack before going to bed ?"

Aiden Rennure
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:52:28 PM
"I was alone for a whole week an' I didn' get used to it! It was awful!"

Aiden shivered, remembering the period after the accident. He had hidden in the old apartment until Jericho, the upstairs neighbor, had retrieved him.

He quickly pulled off his dirty t-shirt, dropping it to the floor. He grabbed the newly deemed "sleeping shirt" and pulled it on over his overalls, unsnapping them once he was covered. They joined the shirt on the floor. Aiden pushed the sleeves of the temporary pajamas up, but they fell back down again. The cloth swallowed the tiny figure, and he was careful not to trip over it.

"No, I'm not hungry. I should brush my teeth, they're screamin'."

Aiden started to grin at Cherice but yawned halfway.

"I'm so tired..."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 31st, 2002, 01:38:03 AM
A dark figure treked down the halls of the Sith Palace. How she had gotten in there was beyond her own belief but alas...a Jedi Knight made her way toward the home of Cherice and now the little boy that she had barely met back at the Greater Jedi Order. Her eyes searched the doors beneath the black hood that cast shadows upon her face. She concealed her identity in the Force and appeared to have no connection at all to those who attempted to read her aura. Slowly she wound around a corner and finally stopped at the correct place. The Knight stepped in front of the door and knocked twice...quiet and gently. She wished to pay her friend a visit and check up on the boy...and also speak with Cherice about a few things. So she stood in the silence of the hallway...waiting for someone to answer the door....

Cherice St_Hilare
Aug 31st, 2002, 10:26:27 AM
"You were left alone? For a whole week?"

It was amost like she couldn't believe what Aiden had just said, and her eyes narrowed for a moment. How anyone could be so neglectant to a child was beyond her.

"Here, let me help you ..."

She walked over to the boy and began to roll his sleeves up so they would stay.

"All better .. Now, let's see about those screamin' teeth," she said with a slight grin.

Picking him up, Cherice went into the bathroom and pushed the lightswitch on with her elbow, and then set him on the sink, since he was too little to reach it by himself. Then, she opened the cupboard and got out the toothbrush, then put some toothpaste on it. After handing it to Aiden, she turned on the water.

"I'll be right back .. I just have to get something real quick, then you may rest."

The Succubi quickly left the bathroom and walked out into the 'living room', going to the piano. There, hidden behind the dried roses, was a small teddy bear propped up against the wall. Picking it up, she was about to head back towards Aiden when a knock on the door caught her attention. Still gripping the stuffed animal, she went over and opened the door slightly, peering out.

".. Xazor ?"

Opening the door fully now, she faced the Jedi Knight.

"Here, come on in ..."

After Xazor had walked in, Cherice closed the door and then looked towards her.

"What brings you here?"

Aiden Rennure
Aug 31st, 2002, 10:40:17 AM
"Okay..."

Aiden took the toothbrush and turned around so he could watch himself in the mirror as he brushed. He was adament about getting each tooth and it resulted in foam all over his mouth.

"..Ere's someone at a door!"

He shouted, midbrush. Now curious, he hurried and finished the ever important job, then slid off the counter. He would wipe it off later.

Scurrying out to where Cherice had dissapeared, he spotted her at the door. And there was the lady from the alley! Aiden stood behind Cherice, shyly. What if she had come to get him? What if he was in trouble after all? Glancing upwards at her worriedly, he padded back to the bedroom where he could listen safely.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 31st, 2002, 02:47:39 PM
Xazor smiled gently when Cherice opened the door and invited her in. She stepped over the threshold and stood to face the Succubi.

"I have come to check on you and the boy.....and to make sure that the neglegent Padawans had not followed you. I sent them on their way and I think they have learned a good lesson....."

She paused and smiled at Aiden who scurried off into the bedroom.....obviously a bit afriad of her. She understood though....he did not wish to be taken away from Cherice now....but that was not her intention.

"Also I wanted to speak with you about.....other things. I have not seen you in so long.....and I know that I made you suffer. I.....apologize for that time.....perhaps I was even more wreckless than the students had been....."

Cherice St_Hilare
Aug 31st, 2002, 04:09:26 PM
"I'm glad they learned, but next time .. If they treat me the same, I promise they won't be so pretty anymore."

Cherice could hear Aiden's footsteps as he ran in and out of the room. Sensing his fear, she reached out with the Force and spoke in his young mind.

< Don't be afraid, little one. She is not here to hurt or take you away. >

"Please, sit down."

Gesturing towards one of the couches, she sat down at one end and set the teddy bear on her lap.

"... Apology accepted."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 31st, 2002, 04:24:28 PM
Xazor nodded at her words and sat down upon the couch that Cherice motioned to. Smiling to herself, she looked around a bit and made a mental note at how beautiful her living quarters were.

"I thank you for the acceptance of my apology.....I must be causing you a lot of grief with the whole.....well, you know. I am sorry that.....it......is not being so well behaved."

She winked slightly, thinking of how funny that sounded. Cherice had half of her soul.....perhaps it was even more wild than her 'other half'. The Knight waited for Cherice to speak in the awkward silence....

Cherice St_Hilare
Aug 31st, 2002, 06:18:27 PM
"Well, you know, I always seem to land up with the wild things in life."

A grin broke out across her face as she leaned back against the couch, crossing her ankles. Indeed, if anyone was listening on their conversation, they would be confused.

"Maybe one day I'll learn how to control .... it ..."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 31st, 2002, 06:28:02 PM
Xazor smiled gently and nodded.

"Perhaps......maybe we could work together on such a thing....seeing as though it affects me too."

She said softly, allowing her eyes to drift to the boy once again. She shifted her gaze back to Cherice and smiled softly.

"You remember that ring you gave me when I was promoted to Knight? I still have it....."

The Garou said softly, reaching to her neck.....feeling through a few necklaces that adorned her. She found the one.....a silver chain with a golden band hung from it. A smile crossed her lips as she let Cherice catch a glimpse of it. The light reflected off of it and it seemed to.....glow.

"I know it's rather off the topic.....but we were discussing odditys and well......this ring is quite strange. It glows.....and in essence.....it creates a strange glow within me....that comes out in my aura. I have learned to control it.......but I cannot explain this unless I was to show you......"

She said softly, eyeing the Succubi for a moment....wondering if she had known this would happen or not......and her mind wandered to its meaning.....

Aiden Rennure
Aug 31st, 2002, 08:25:20 PM
Reassured by Cherice's message, Aiden came back out and went to stand behind the couch. He didn't pay much attention to their conversation for there were too many words that he didn't understand. Instead, the boy just watched them, his mind drifting.
Finally though, he worked up the courage to speak aloud. The child looked at Xazor, still unusually shy, and smiled.

"Hallo. I sawed you outside afore it got darker."

Cherice St_Hilare
Aug 31st, 2002, 10:54:08 PM
"So, it has begun."

She remembered the party and the faces of Jedi swarming around Xazor, congratulating her on her promotion ... And her friend, Thanatos. What had happened to the lad, anyways ? Without realizing it, her mind began to drift off until Aiden's voice brought her back to reality.

"Aiden, you can sit down with us if you'd like."

Then, to Xazor:

"The ring .. Ah, yes. It was a little something crafted by my mother .. It was meant to purify its bearer and radiate the soul, blinding those who look upon it with unpure thoughts."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 31st, 2002, 11:06:45 PM
"What has begun?"

The Knight questioned with a new spark of curiosity. Her eyes shifted to the boy and she smiled warmly.

"Yes, I saw you too.....what a nice boy you are....."

She said softly, and then diverted her attention back to Cherice. Her mind began to think of what she said......and then more questions sparked her mind....

"So what does this mean to me? What will it.....do......to me?"

Aiden Rennure
Aug 31st, 2002, 11:08:59 PM
Aiden blushed and hopped onto the couch. He put a hand on h is mouth and whispered loudly to Cherice.

"I like her..."

He flashed Xazor a generous grin and then blushed again, looking away.

Cherice St_Hilare
Aug 31st, 2002, 11:22:08 PM
Chuckling slightly, the Succubi picked up the teddy bear and handed it to Aiden.

"I was going to give it to you before you went to bed, but you're here now, so .."

The teddy bear was like any other - brown, with button eyes, and a smiling mouth. Its "fur" was soft to touch and it smelled of violets.

"But I am glad you like her," she finally added, this time whispering back.

"It depends upon how you treat the ring, Xazor. It has a mind of its own."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 31st, 2002, 11:26:00 PM
Xazor gently touched the ring and smiled to herself. She had heard the words of the boy and of Cherice....due to her ultra-sensiive ears. It made the Garou blush slightly and she looked away to hide it.

"I treat the ring well.....I love it......it's beautiful. I don't see why someone would treat it badly. What sort of bad treatment are you speaking of anyway? I never wear it on my finger for fear of it getting lost or scratched....."

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:09:10 PM
"Look deep in your heart, Xazor, and you'll find what I mean ... Maybe, one day, the ring's causes will be justified."

With that said, Cherice closed her eyes and sighed, suddenly feeling very exhausted.

Aiden Rennure
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:42:46 PM
Aidens mouth formed an "o" as he received the bear and he patted it softly, as if he was afraid to hurt it. Looking thoughtfully at it for a minute, he tried to think of a name.

"Eugene."

Smiling, Aiden leaped on Cherice, hugging her.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

He held the bear up to his ear and then nodded.

"Eugene says thank you too."

He sat back down, playing with the teddy and seemingly having a very interesting conversation with it-- one that mirrored Xazor and Cherice's. Eugene the bear was speaking at the moment.

"I love the ring...it's beautiful...what sort a bad are you talkin' 'bout?"

The boy paused, to hear Cherice's response so he could reply to Eugene the same way.

"Look at your heart Eugene."

Pulling from his game for a minute, Aiden stood up on the couch cushion and put his face centimeters from Cherice's. Her eyes were closed.

"Are you tired too?"

Xazor Elessar
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:16:33 AM
Xazor noded slightly and sighed.

"I had a feeling you would answer me with a riddle..."

She winked and looked down at the little boy...seeing that he looked a bit tired. Cherice did as well...

"Perhaps I should go....you need your sleep and I do not want you to stay awake on my behalf..."

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:58:23 AM
At hearing Aiden's voice, she opened her eyes only to see the boy's face peering into her face. It surprised her, as did her eyes widen slightly, but then she laughed and poked his nose.

"Only slightly, dear boy ..."

Once more she was awake, the traces of sleepiness gone, and looked at Xazor.

"Sleep .. I no longer know the meaning of that word. Perhaps it was the insomnia I've acquired over time ... But Aiden, if you are tired, you need not stay up on my behalf. Just tell me and I'll tuck you in."

Aiden Rennure
Sep 2nd, 2002, 05:03:37 PM
The boy shook his head. While he was always ready to prepare for bed on time, Aiden didn't actually like to go there. He tried as hard as he could to stay up as long as his body would allow him.

"I'm not tired. I just thought you were."

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:26:10 PM
After his statement, Cherice scooped him up in her arms and took "Eugene", making the teddy bear talk. Of course, it really wasn't - being that it was Cherice's voice in the Force slightly modified to a deeper tone.

But he didn't need to know that.

"Aiden, Aiden! I'm so cold. I want to be wrapped up in blankets and sleep by your side."

While the bear spoke to Aiden, she turned her head towards Xazor and winked, then looked back at the boy.

Aiden Rennure
Sep 8th, 2002, 10:56:18 AM
Aiden's eyes widened and he quickly glanced at both women, checking to see if perhaps they had heard it too. A small smile played on the corners of his mouth and he nodded to the bear. Trying to seem nonchalant, he looked at Cherice.

"Well maybe I might just go an' lie down for a little bit. I'm not tired," He shook his head to emphasize, "But Eugene is."

He gave "Eugene" a thumbs up, some secret having been shared between the two.

OOC: Sorry for the delay, had a really busy week.

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 12th, 2002, 06:10:12 PM
"Teddy bears need sleep, too."

Cherice smirked a bit as she stood up from the couch, stretching out her arms.

"Well, I guess we'll all be retiring to bed, then, Xazor. Thank you for dropping by - we'll see each other soon enough."

Nodding her head slightly to verify her statement, Cherice watched as the Jedi Knight stood up and exited the room, closing the door behind her.

"Well, Aiden, time for bed," she declared, beginning to walk towards the bedroom. There, she would tuck him in and go back to the 'living room', playing the piano softly for the rest of the night. After all, one with insomnia didn't sleep.