PDA

View Full Version : Serenity Surrounds....

Innocent Light
Aug 30th, 2002, 08:59:37 PM
A figure sat in the shadows of a corner in Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill. The white robes she wore covered her body fully....not revealing any part of her that would give a clue to her identity. The hood of her robes was drawn up over her head and shadowed her face from all wandering eyes. She rested there in the Serenity of the calm around her....listening to the conversations surrounding the area....engulfed in the soft glow of the light that she seemed to produce....

Xander Kace
Aug 30th, 2002, 09:06:21 PM
Xander checked in his hangun before proceeding to the bar. Just out of his perpetual vision he saw a soft white glow emitting from the shadows of the Bar.

Naturally Curious, Xander ordered a quick water on ice and a napkin before weaving inbetween the tables torward the glow. He came to see that the glow was actually a figure clothed in white robes with a hood over their face.

Stopping next to the table, Xander curtly gave a quick nod and spoke;

"Mind if I have a seat?"

Innocent Light
Aug 30th, 2002, 09:19:55 PM
The woman's eyes shifted upwards to see a man standing over her. She smiled beneath the robes...though he was unable to see it. Nodding slightly, she motioned with her hand for him to sit across from her in the empty seat.

"Greetings to you.....Xander, is it?"

She knew the answer to the question was 'yes'...for she had probed his mind to find that information. Her eyes glistened beneath the hood once again...just giving off a bit of light that the silver specks caught and reflected.

"I am the White Lady of my Homeplanet...yet my name shall remain unknown to you."

Xander Kace
Aug 30th, 2002, 09:26:17 PM
Lofting a brow in surprise that the figure knew his name, Xander gave a quick bow before sliding across. Placing the paper napkin down on the table-top then his drink over it, Xander caught the glint from within the deepness of her hood.

"Pleasure' to meet you, Miss. Since I do not know your name I guess we can have a standstill at my full name." He gave a lopsided smile, erasing the name given to him by his matron quite quickly from memory.

"What does one such as you do in such a place as this?"

Innocent Light
Aug 30th, 2002, 09:34:37 PM
She smiled beneath the hood once again and shifted her gaze to his eyes...making eye contact though he could not do so with her.

"Indeed...though I already know the name which comes after your first..."

She had kept that to herself though...referring only to him as Xander. Her eyes fell upon the table at his question...for she could not fully say at the moment.

"I serve the Light....and bring it to those whom are in the Darkness. I sit in the Shadows and watch...as another of my kind does..."

She did not give anymore of that away...for even he would not understand of what she spoke. There were very few here whom she could trust with the information that she held...so she dare not breath a word of it to anyone. The Light that radiated from her body, caught the ring around her neck. It was a single, golden band....once given to her by one whom gave her a promise of which she never spoke of now...but the light that it reflected was bright...and Xander could not bare to look at it....

Xander Kace
Aug 30th, 2002, 09:39:47 PM
"But that is only my last, Xander is a permanate nickname," Xan replied quickly before the Lady could continue. Once she had spoken again, he replied with a smile,

"A Jedi recruiter of sorts? I mean, not a recruiter in terms but action wise like shining a light on a dark corner?" At this he had to look down at his glass from the bright light radiating from her golden necklace, it was an excuse to take a sip of the chilled water.

"Unfortunately.. I cannot become a figure of the light." He mummbled, setting down the glass.

Innocent Light
Aug 30th, 2002, 09:54:30 PM
"Recruiter of sorts...but that is not my only doing here. I too am a Warrior....and though a woman....strength lies within my hands."

She spoke softly, but through her words...he knew it was the truth. She saw his eyes go from the ring on her necklace...down to his drink...which he quickly took a sip of.

"Who told you that you cannot become a figure of the Light but yourself?"

The woman questioned him, noticing that he would no longer look at her. She smiled beneath the darkness of her hood once again and looked to him....her eyes shining ever so faintly.

"Why do you not look at me?"

Xander Kace
Aug 30th, 2002, 09:58:15 PM
"If I become such, I'd have to give up all the things I love to do. Plus, it would mean leaving the gang behind." Xander began to rub the center of his forehead, the light from the ring had given him a pounding headahce really fast.

"Why do you not look at me?"

"I don't mean to be disrespectful or rude, but the ring on your necklace is giving me a major migrane. The light that's coming off you is caught in it and amplified.. My eye's cant take it I suppose."

Innocent Light
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:22:31 PM
The woman nodded slightly at his words...

"I understand what you speak...many have said the same to me..."

With that, she raised her hand to the ring, and clasped her fingers around it...hiding the light from his eyes....

The Ripper
Aug 31st, 2002, 03:21:02 AM
From across the bar, two cyan eyes watched ...

Xander Kace
Aug 31st, 2002, 08:46:44 AM
Xander gave a sort sigh of relief when the ring was hidden from view. "Thanks," He mummbled, taking another sip of water.

"Why does the light radiate off you so?"

Innocent Light
Aug 31st, 2002, 01:02:52 PM
The woman closed her eyes.......feeling the presence of a Dark One not too far from where she and Xander were seated.

"I radiate the light within my soul......the Force creates the aura around me......giving off the effect that I am a light.....a beacon of sorts. The ring......that has a part in it too......"

She did not tell him any more about that....for it was something she did not feel comfortable in discussing at the moment.....not with the Darkness so imminent.....