PDA

View Full Version : The Past Repeats Itself...(Open)

Xazor Elessar
Aug 30th, 2002, 07:39:56 PM
The Knight Xazor sat upon her Council Seat and looked around at the other gathered. Something weight heavily upon her heart as she leaned forward and steepled her fingers...resting her chin upon the tips of them. Closing her eyes briefly, she finally rose from her seat and walked to stand in the center of the room...bowing slightly before saying anything.

"Dear friends and fellow Council Members.....today something bares a burden upon my heart and I must share it with you. As many of you know...I have had great issues with Anger and the inability to find Peace. Unfortunatly...I see my past repeating itself in the young ones of this Order...the Padawans."

She paused and looked down at the ground, wishing that it was someone else saying what she was. How hard it was to know that others were making the same mistakes that she had. How she wished that she could show them what those choices did to oneself...how she wished that she could detour them from doing such things.

"I have witnessed many students...especially in the recent...acting out of haste and...judging others without knowledge. This hurts my heart and makes me wonder about the committement of those that join us here. When we take the Jedi Oath....are we just speaking words....or is there truly a meaning? I did not know where else...or how else to show my concern...except to come before you this day....and echo what rests upon my heart..."

With that said, she bowed once again and placed her hands before her belt...clasped together as she stood before everyone and waited for someone to speak on the issues she had presented....

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 30th, 2002, 07:56:38 PM
Being all too pleased to be present for the discussion, Loki's thoughts had been quickly gathered and he cleared his throat, stepping forward to show he was about to voice his opinions. With a single bow of respect he gave his humble view of Xazor's comments.

"Although I myself am a padawan, I will not pretend to have the introspective skills many of the older and more developed Jedi have as I don't yet posess them." This he wanted to make clear so as his words didn't make him sound like he was being arrogant or self-righteous.

"Therefore I will comment on what I have merely seen and believe. From what I know, the aggressive and challenging nature of an individual reaches it's peak during adolescence. This is perfectly natural for all creatures; a time when they question authority and push their boundaries and limits, striving for independence. It seems this is the age when these problems are most potent in the Jedi and I believe a more stringent approach is used to deal with the issues." Taking a moment to pause so that others may comment if they wish, the boy looked about curiously and added to what he had to say.

"I would suggest the bond between a master and an apprentice must be more personal; the connection must be made stronger so that the padawan may see them as a role-model, someone they can be completely open with and discuss their fears and doubts. I think this because repressed emotions are often a significant cause of outbreaks of violence and aggression amongst young adults. As padawans, we must trust in our masters completely. Have no fear of honesty."