PDA

View Full Version : Strike Averted!

JMK
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:23:17 AM
It sounds like they've reached a deal in principal, but nothing official yet. Let's hope they did it right!

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:53:26 AM
I wish they would strike. Not the players, though...the fans.

Protest the too high price of tickets and the ridiculus cost of sportswear. These guys are supposed to be professional, yet a lot of them waste thier natural talents on drugs and other abusive things. They fight and brawl on National television and yet get paid millions? I dont think so. They need to grow up, first!

CMJ
Aug 30th, 2002, 12:26:44 PM
I watched the strike countdown stuff most of the morning AND the press conference. I'm pretty pleased now.

BUFFJEDI
Aug 30th, 2002, 12:39:48 PM
wish they would strike. Not the players, though...the fans. Man, Now I know why I think Lady Daiq RULES!!!!!!

I wish the fan's would strike. the baseball in whole has treated fans like trash and has basically said YOU PEOPLE will put up with any BS we give you . But than agian I hate baseball find very boring and a non talented bunch(other than the pitcher's) but Of course that's my little opinnion :D CMJ/ebs/doc/and jmk like it so MAYBE there's something to it:\

Jedieb
Aug 30th, 2002, 02:03:59 PM
My Dad gets to watch games on his birthday. Best news I've heard all day. At least everything was resolved early and now we can just focus on the strecth run and the playoffs. And the inevitable broken hearts in Boston and Chicago. :evil

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 30th, 2002, 02:45:36 PM
Thanks for reminding me Jedieb, my Sox have fallen apart the last couple of weeks, mostly it was the bullpen and the lack of starting pitching after Pedro and Lowe which is hurting them, oh well, have to see what they can do next season. Also JMK, looks like Contradiction won't happen, so does that mean baseball is safe in Montreal? Or will they try to sell the team to somebody in Northern VA.

JMK
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:08:35 PM
Yes, contraction is dead for now, but moving to team to Virginia, or to somewhere near Washington D.C is not out of the picture yet. At least Selig is going to eat his words now. He guaranteed contraction and he isn't going to get it. Sucka!!!!!!!!!

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 30th, 2002, 04:00:12 PM
I think if they can't find a buyer in Montreal they will sell the team to somebody in the D.C area, this might not happen for another year though, have no clue what the time table is there.

JMK
Aug 30th, 2002, 04:39:44 PM
Hell, the Expos don't even know what's happening.

Jedieb
Aug 30th, 2002, 05:19:17 PM
I think a Northern VA/D.C. team is a good bet. The area is very different from when the Senators left all those years ago. There's a lot of money and people to draw from. The area could easily support a team.

Although all they'll ever get from me is a free TV viewer.

JMK
Aug 30th, 2002, 07:15:12 PM
If Guerrero sticks, you'll want to see that phenom in person! ;)

Morgan Evanar
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:35:51 PM
Um, Baltimore is right by DC. I'm kinda suprised there aren't DC based Orioles fans.

Baseball can screw itself. All pro sports can. Multimilliondollar babies.

Nasseeri Haalleerraa
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:38:44 PM
*Sees that she and Buff stand alone ( :D ) on this opinion*

I wasnt just speaking of baseball. I meant all of the main professional sports. Latrell Sprewell (sp?) choking his coach? He should never be able to play professionally again!

Mike Tyson should never box professionaly again for doing a bad impression of Hannibal Lecter.

Jerry Jones and his whole 1990's team of Cowboys...suspended!!
Well, maybe I would let Darrell stay...hes sooo cute!! ;)

But you get what I mean. If these guys want the big bucks, then they need to act responsibly and be the role models we hold them up to be!! :verymad

(No worries, Buff. We can take 'em all!! :rolleyes )

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 31st, 2002, 12:09:07 AM
:lol:lol Agreed with Buff and Daiq I am. :D

Darth Viscera
Aug 31st, 2002, 01:12:11 AM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Um, Baltimore is right by DC. I'm kinda suprised there aren't DC based Orioles fans.

Central Marylanders (+DC peeps and n. VA peeps) don't like the people in baltimore, aka the freakish eastern part of Maryland.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 1st, 2002, 07:55:18 PM
Well the Ravens and Redskins both do okay. Really if the two teams are in different leagues it really shouldn't be a problem.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 1st, 2002, 09:53:55 PM

Absolutly agree.