PDA

View Full Version : Garou Question.

Chance
Aug 29th, 2002, 07:18:57 PM
Are the Garou basically lycanthropes?

By that, I mean, if your scratch/bit/mauled/torn/spat-on/drooledon/ect.. you 'become' such?

Xazor Elessar
Aug 29th, 2002, 08:17:57 PM
Not to my knowledge........the Garou is a trait.....it's really hard to explain but it's not something you get by being mauled/scratched/etc.....now someone said there is a diff between Lupine and Garou.....so you may wish to know of the Lupine.....(not sure what diff there is, if any). Hope this helps..... :)

Laarseerro Reeaarrro
Aug 30th, 2002, 02:16:11 AM
With the Lupines - which I made up :D - you can be biten to change you, but it has to be done under very specific conditions, and usually requires that you have dormant Lupine genes within you (whether it be naturally or implanted, as has been done with Sieken Kasstra).

With the Garou, in the books, you can be bitten and will become one as far as I know, and it doesn't require any sort of ritual as I've made it with the Lupines.

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 30th, 2002, 04:41:35 PM
Genetic based shapechangers in other words?

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:40:11 PM
Well the way I play mine (which I have been told is "okay" by the Uber Lupine expert) is that its a dual state mimic. Neither human nor wolf, but a creature that can disguise itself as either. Unlike other shapeshifters, they have a fixed, unique look for either of their states. Thus, they can't look like another person or another wolf, etc.

(Shuts up, and returns to reading Discworld) ^_^;

Santhia
Sep 2nd, 2002, 11:40:30 PM
*Dabs sweat off jubei-chan*:)

There are a few good Garou sites that explain everything

http://www.white-wolf.com/Games/Pages/Werewolfhome.html
http://www.angelfire.com/goth/somath/Garou.html

Hope that helps a little :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:42:12 AM
Uber Lupine expert

:D!!

And yes, the offficial White-Wolf page is good for Garou info.

However there is no documentation on Lupines! Only me, I am the living info source :lol

Santhia
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:49:57 AM
*Staples Vega to a bulletin board*

ASk away Chance :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:51:21 AM
:) He probably wants Garou info anyway, not Lupine stuff, since Garou are a lot more popular to create as characters - and easier, since to be Lupine you mussst be a Van-Derveld :mneh

Santhia
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:02:52 AM
Yeah, but VDs spread like.....Vds :)

:lol

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 3rd, 2002, 12:04:22 PM
:lol!!

Dae Jinn
Sep 3rd, 2002, 12:07:35 PM
:D

Chance
Sep 3rd, 2002, 01:43:06 PM
Exactly, Thankies :)

Ya, If I have any Q that need A's I'll be calling :)

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 3rd, 2002, 01:48:11 PM
:lol

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 3rd, 2002, 08:45:16 PM
I am the Garou God! I was the first Garou ever on the boards.....

::Pulls out his Werewolf: The Apocolyse, Player Guide.::

The Garou are genetic based. It is carried on a ressesive trait. Only 1 of every 10 people are Garou. This also allows the trait to skip generations.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:50:45 PM
:huh

(skips away, reading of the exploits of the von Uberwald dynasty)

Santhia
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:07:19 PM
Hehe, Diego skipping.....scarey :)

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:38:12 AM
Very much so. The world is going to end!!!!!!!!!

Makoto Neosis
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:43:52 AM
The Garou are genetic based. It is carried on a ressesive trait. Only 1 of every 10 people are Garou. This also allows the trait to skip generations.

On-Contraire,

I read that only 1 out of 10 children are pure Garou ;)

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:24:02 AM
pretty much any male skipping is a "gah" but a garou one = ack.....

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:38:21 AM
There is no such thing as a 'Pure-Garou' I have the players guide that White-Wolf put out for RPers and base 98% of the Garou here on it (Have to change slightly due to this being Star Wars.) Sence teh trait is ressessive, if two Garou have a child, the child comes out weak and deformed. It is called a 'Metis'. A Metis is not seen as an equal in the Garou World, and they are sterile. They can not have children. They are nick-named Mules.

What you say is sorta true. If a woman had 10 kids, and she carried the Garou trait, there is a chance one of them are Garou. There is also a slim chance 1 or all of the other 9 are 'Kin-Folk'. They are able to travel with there Garou relitives and not worry about going insane if they see a Garou in Crinos-Form (Halfman/half wolf). So in a way you are true, but to be a stronge healty Garou, you need one Garou parent (or trait carrier) and one normal human. Also, many Garou/GArou children don't survive being borm because they are born in teh Crinos Form. They die at birth many times. They are seen as 'Wrym-Tainted' and are disliked and even killed many times.

I normaly don't worry about that here because it would be unfair RP wise to say "Your char saw me change, so she/he is now crazy" and I don't worry about the Metis thing because I think it is kinds stupid. One would think a Garou/Garou child would not be deformed.

So in a sence...your kinda right. The only 9 can't do any Garou stuff, only see were-creatures in Crinos form. Go show on bring that up though.

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 4th, 2002, 01:39:36 PM
speaking of white wolf ..

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22550

those that have access please respond.

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 4th, 2002, 01:40:54 PM
oh and yes, there are pure garou. They are called Lupus'.... They are the closest to Gaia's purity. Hence why they are rare in White Wolf.

Dae Jinn
Sep 4th, 2002, 02:34:52 PM
*cries cos she doesn't have access* Wah! :lol

Kelt Simoson
Sep 4th, 2002, 03:14:32 PM
*Thinks Jenny shouldmake a website on Lupins*

Chaos Alexander
Sep 4th, 2002, 03:32:09 PM
Lupus are Garou born as a wolf. They share wolf parents. One has to have the trait. Both wolves can not have the trait though or a metis results.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 4th, 2002, 03:58:17 PM
hmm...*takes notes*

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:28:02 PM
what? chaos what book did you read?

Only when two werewolves mate is a metis born. Unless something changed since I got the original books

edit~ last thing I say about this too. since my feelings on the matter of white wolf here is made. anyone wanting to know how I feel can AIM or PM me :)

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:17:47 PM
I got the new Werewolf :Player's Guide. I ordered it from the White Wolf home page.

Santhia
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:02:28 PM
Okay, so you can be Garou as long as you keep it as SW-y as possible? No sweat :) :lol

Kinda how I play Dae then.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 5th, 2002, 02:06:20 PM
I think this may have been answered before, but what does a Cizerack + a Garou produce?

Dante
Sep 13th, 2002, 02:02:03 PM
hmm... i dunno, but i dont wanna meet one.....
Ick, horribly deformed cat puppies >_<

Xazor Elessar
Sep 13th, 2002, 03:30:00 PM
A Ciz and Garou produce something like a Were-Cat.....more cat than anything else. Vicious beings they are. Ask Verse if you want to know more about those..... ;)

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 13th, 2002, 10:46:03 PM
:lol maybe I will....not with this alias or course but I have others....

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2002, 02:50:19 AM
I think this may have been answered before, but what does a Cizerack + a Garou produce?

The same as a vamp + garou - an 'Abomination'.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 14th, 2002, 11:05:07 PM
was just curious since with some of the interactions, one might opps happen.....*looks towards eden lady and Verse*

Gurney Devries
Sep 15th, 2002, 06:28:16 PM
The clans of vampires in V:tM are so drastically different that they could each qualify as their own seperate race. Maybe I should introduce a race of Tzimisce... hmm... ;)

Kelt Simoson
Sep 15th, 2002, 06:38:03 PM
I dont belive in vamps anyway, but thats eveyones prefrence i guess...I think vamps would need a very good thread to explain how they came about, and for it to be explined rather than guessed at.