PDA

View Full Version : Fireside Chat (Verse)

Sejah Haversh
Aug 29th, 2002, 01:53:09 PM
Sejah didn't get it. He was told to go and try to becoem a Jedi, but, even after a few months at the Order, he still didn't really know what a Jedi was, or what they were supposed to do.

He had seen many other padawans galavanting about on missions, and in grand trainign sessions, but, he couldn't understand the why of being a Jedi. And it was not as if he could just curl up with a good book and read about it either, his iliteracy prevented that from happening. He carried a lightsaber, and knew the basics of using it, but nobody had ever told him the significance of the weapon.

Growing tired of wandering about in his free time, the brown mongoose took a seat int eh shade of an elm that grew in the park-like layout of the Academy courtyard to relax and think.

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 30th, 2002, 11:30:50 AM
::Verse walked through the academy getting some much needed air. By luck or by fate, Verse felt the confusion of a padawan. This was not out of the norm. Many padawans had to spend much time training and learning. People had to change their lives for a lifestyle few knew about. In fact, many Jedi themselves did not know much about it. So much was lost and destroied when The Empire ruled. The most important things remained though.

Verse loved to help the younger students. he had learned much during his time at GJO. How many years had it been sence he came to this place? It must have been close to six or seven. Time had no meaning here. Why is that? Time is a restraint people place on themselves, the Jedi lived without meaningless boundaries.

This student seemed different. Like a different color light in the middle of a city. Verse was like that for a long time. No other Garou were around. Even now they were not to common. So in a sence, Verse was still like that. On that note, Verse made his way to the 'Light' he felt. After a bit he found Sejah. The only member of his race at GJO. Verse smiled and walked up.::

"I don't have to use Force to see you are troubled. It shows on your face. Care to talk about it?"

Sejah Haversh
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:38:42 PM
Sejah had been scratching one wrist with his other paw when Verse approached him. Immidiately straightening up out of respect for the Knight's rank, the mongoose looked up into his face and then started to slump again as he said what he did.

"Oh, hello, sir," he started out, still looking a bit glum, "It's just, well, everything, I guess. I just don't get it; the Force, beign a Jedi, lightsabers. There's so much to learn, and, oh, nevermind, I shouldn't take up your time like this. I'll be okay. Sorry about that."

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:52:38 PM
::Verse laughed softly.::

"I am willing to bet you something. If you get every Jedi Knight and Master together, each one would tell you something different."

::Verse took a seat and sat 'indian' style. He breatehd deep as the wind caught his hair and held it for a moment. The padawan had questions. Important ones at that. what kind of Jedi would Verse be if he didn't help?::

"I am willing to hear the questions. I will also be willing to answer them as best as I can."

Sejah Haversh
Aug 30th, 2002, 02:16:44 PM
A thankful smile lifted Sejah's face. Verse was actually interested in helpign him, it seemed.

Sitting himself up straight again, the mongoose debated about what he should ask first, but the contest was not hard. One question above them all had been on his mind. "What is a Jedi? What are we supposed to do, and why? I have heard the vauge answers, but, they are just that--vauge. I want to know what it is I have signed up for, and pledged on my honor I would commit myself to."

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 31st, 2002, 11:12:40 AM
::Verse nodded his head and cleared his throat. This was a question that was confusing. The answer was very simple, yet very very hard.::

"A Jedi is a defender of life. Many Jedi do not act like it though. If a person is in danger we are suppost to help them. Words comes first. Combat is always a last resort. A Jedi preserves life. That is why they try not to kill. One can not preserve life if one ends it."

::Verse looked at the sky. It sounded easy, but was hard. The lines of Defense and Offense ran so close.::

"That is what makes the job tricky. You see a Sith walking down the street. You know they are a killer, and work for the Darkside. They are sitting having a drink at a bar. Many people would go and start a fight with them. Some Jedi would say that is ok. I do not. Why? What is the Sith doing wrong at teh time? He is having a drink. He is not harming people. To attack him is offensive. We are Defenders. The Force is life. That is why we do what we do."

::Verse laid back on the grass.::

"Any other questions?"

Sejah Haversh
Aug 31st, 2002, 12:24:15 PM
Sejah pondered the answer he had been given, and it only brought more questions. Scratign behind his ear wehre an itch had just developed, he sighd and nodded.

"Yeah, a lot more. What if you knew that that sith was a killer, or had done evil things. Shouldn't we try to arrest them soemhow so they could be arraigned for the lawbreakign acts they have comitted? Though I wouldn't go as far as to start a fight, I think that if you see a known criminal on the street, you should callt eh police. That's another question; what are we as protectors? We are hired out on missions by others, that's part of what pays our bills, right? So then doesn't that make us justice for hire?"

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 31st, 2002, 02:35:16 PM
::Verse nodded.::

"If you have evidence that the Sith has done something, then you should contact the police. If the Sith gets violent....then you have to do what you have to in order to save lives. Violence and fighting is the last thing we should use. You are right in what you say. "

;:Watching Sejah scratch caused Verse to scratch. Force of habit for the Garou.::

"A Jedi does not do what he does for money. We do it because we want to help the universe. A Jedi is beyond the material things. If we need money... we can go other things. Some people will say a Jedi can not have a normal job. What I think is this...if you believe Luke Skywalker was in the Rebel Army as a piolet, but was working for free...then you need to open your eyes. A Jedi strives to get by without needing things such as money. Why do you think most of us live on Yavin? Material things takes you mind off what a Jedi is. One should strive to live off what you need not your wants. We need food, shelter, things to keep our Light Sabers up to date, and maybe a ship. three out of the 4 things are provided here on Yavin. We have the Temple to live in and we grow our own food. We have materials for the Light Sabers. We trade just enough things to get the stuff. Nothing more. What else is on your mind?"

Sejah Haversh
Sep 1st, 2002, 10:44:29 AM
"Well, you brought up lightsabers, and I have a few questions on those, as well," Sejah replied, full of curiosity that day.

"I understand that they are a magnificent weapon, bus, why do we use them? There are plenty of other ways we could defend ourselves, and many other weapons we could use. Why the lightsaber? And I hear that we are supposedm to build our own, too, but, I bought mine. It's nothing special, but, I am not good with designign things, I'm not sure I could build one if I had to."

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:38:29 AM
::Verse brought his up.::

"The saber is a part of you. Liek you it can be very very deadly, but used for good. It is the perfect thing a Jedi can use. It can cut through metel, block blaster bolts, and many things. It is only dangerous if a dangerous person makes one. Yes, you should make your own though. The Force will guide you in how to make it. It will be like another limb."

Sejah Haversh
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:07:08 PM
"The Force. Everybody always talks about the Force. I don't get it, though. If it is the life energy that flows through all things, then why can only soem of us use it? And why are soem more powerful with it than others?" He asked, unleashing question after question.

"When I meditated and was told to get in tune with the Force, I didn't feel the same thigns the others did im my class. They fel a connection, warmth, and peace. I felt as if it were a mighty river flowign around a small rock, and I was standign on that rock. They seemed to eb able to channel the course of the river, whereas when I would dip my paw into it, I could only affect a minor part of it, and it tugged at me, threatening to pull me away and drown me in it. I'm sorry if my analogy doesn't make sense to you, but, it is the best I can give. I just feel like I'm not able to connect to it like everyone else can."