PDA

View Full Version : You mess with one, you mess with both (a 1 on 2 fight, open to one fighter)

Oishii Sakana
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:01:16 PM
Oishii let the wind rock him back and forth in his hammock. It was a large hammock. The sun was a pleasant temperature, and the breeze felt like freshly cleaned bedsheets. It made him sleepy.

"Yasashii, today is a good day."

Oishii sighed. So many opportunities. He wondered what the day would bring. Whatever it was, it was going to be good. He just knew it.

Yasashii Mikan
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:05:16 PM
Yasashii lay in the grass, chewing a reed he'd found by the nearby lake.

"Yeah, it is."

He stared at the sky, watching clouds go scudding by.

Oishii Sakana
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:09:31 PM
Oishii sighed and looked up at the clouds. "That one looks like a peasant farmer."

Oishii pointed to a cloud that looked like a man that wore a rice paper hat.

Yasashii Mikan
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:10:43 PM
"I don't see it. But there's one...yeah..."

Yasashii pointed out a cloud that looked like a lovely woman.

Sanis Prent
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:16:34 PM
(I settled on an overlooking ridge, with enough grass to provide cover. Pretty day, too. They seemed to be enjoying it. Seemed kinda wrong to be doing such dirty work on a pretty day. The kind of days that you spend fishing, with a cooler of beer and a suntan to keep you company.

Sliding out my duronian handblaster, I extended its focus coil barrel, readying it for a long distance snipe. Exhaling among the tall grass, I licked my lips, wetting them.

Fishing could always wait.)

Oishii Sakana
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:19:40 PM
Oishii suddenly perked up.

"Yasashii, I got an idea..." It wasn;t the usual tone a person used when they announced an idea. This tone of voice spoke warning. They were being watched.

"Be careful, ok? Maybe you want to get behind this tree?"

Yasashii Mikan
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:30:27 PM
Yasashii stood and stretched lazily. He spat the reed from his mouth, it had gone sour on him.

"What for?"

Sanis Prent
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:34:30 PM
KRRTOW!!!

(A red-orange bolt rained down from the high ridge, instantly blasting half of one of the trees, nearly blowing clean through its trunk.)

Oishii Sakana
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:36:37 PM
Oishii leapt out of his hammocka nd watched the tree fall. "Never mind!" Oishii yelled. He looked at the reckage. The tree's limbs had ruined his hammock.

"See how the tree fell?" Oishii said to Yasashii. "That means that the shot that felled this tree came from over there somewhere." Oishii pointed. "Stay low, let's go."

Yasashii Mikan
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:40:19 PM
Yasashii's head snapped over at the tree.

"Nice. Wonder who did that?"

Yasashii looked about slowly, seeking the origin of the blast.

Sanis Prent
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:43:46 PM
(I repositioned, firing again)

KRRRTOW!!!

(The bolt hit at the red-head's feet, the shockwave throwing him off his feet in a cloud of dust. I didn't stick around to see much more, ducking behind the ridge and running parallel to its crest, to reposition a few dozen meters away. As I ran in a crouch, I tapped the microdeflector on my belt, activating it with a whine.)

Oishii Sakana
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:47:15 PM
Oishii watched his brother fall, and notice the shot come from another direction.

"Crap. Whoever that is, he's moving. This will make it hard. If we can get to the ridge, we shouldn't need to worry about anymore snipers."

Oishii helped his brother up and started running toward the ridge, moving left and right, in a zig-zag, making sure not to be too predictable.

Yasashii Mikan
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:49:33 PM
Yasashii was a bit more acrobatic, performing flips and handsprings to keep Sanis guessing.

"Guns are so retarded. The weak hide behind them because they are unable to directly face their problems."

Sanis Prent
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:05:02 PM
KRRRTOW!!!

(I compensated, and the blue-haired guy zigged when he should've zagged. A rock splintered in a shower of debris, turning into granite schrapnel, which peppered the man. I didn't consider another shot with the handblaster, tucking it back into my jacket and compressing its telescoping barrel. Giving my boost pack a priming, I pressed off the embankment I was crouched at, suddenly rising above the ridge in a high jump. Twin westar blaster pistols were drawn, and I unleashed a withering hail at the red-head)

Oishii Sakana
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:14:13 PM
Oishii put his arms over his head to protect his face and head from the rocks. His arms were now covered with little cuts. Then the assailant flew from the top of the ridge.

"He flies?" Oishii muttered. "Yasashii! MOVE!" Oishii yelled as the bullets began to hail down.

Yasashii Mikan
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:20:39 PM
Yasashii halted his forward momentum, then began to backhandspring, Sanis' shots chasing him all the while.

"You get your own back! I can handle myself!"

Sanis Prent
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:23:39 PM
(I continued firing, all the way down my descent. Blaster bolts rained left and right of the red-head, kicking up debris as they hit. This was not going as planned. Two shots, two kills...should've been over.)

Oishii Sakana
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:31:59 PM
Oishii motioned for Yasashii to go over to where he was. Oishii knitted his fingers together and crouched down slightly, waiting for Yasahsii to step into his hands so Oishii could lauch hiim up at Sanis. Oishii's sense of timing was impeccable, and if it was as good as it always was, Yasashii would be going up and Sanis would be going down and they would both meet in the middle.

"Come on!"

Yasashii Mikan
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:34:55 PM
Yasashii ducked to the side and ran all out at his brother.

"Alleeeey...oop!" Yasashii was boosted skyward, coming up at Sanis. "How's this, sniper?"

Yasashii met Sanis in the air and threw a migty right cross.

Sanis Prent
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:38:32 PM
(The red-head was a bit of a bruiser, and he layed it into me, knocking me back and away, but not before I put a blaster bolt in his off-handed shoulder. His punch sent me reeling, as my boost pack reduced the effect of my local mass. Therefore his attack knocked me back far more than it should have, and I tumbled to the ground, twenty meters away.)

Oishii Sakana
Aug 29th, 2002, 11:58:36 AM
Oishii watched Yasashii get shot. "Crap!"

Sanis plummeted to the ground, and Oishii tore after him, drawing his sword. Oishii was sick of firearms.

Yasashii Mikan
Aug 29th, 2002, 08:21:07 PM
Yasashii clutched his left shoulder, drawing a hissing breath against the pain. His bracer beeped idly, and Yasashii glared at Sanis. He saw clearly, with the same second-nature Sanis had that allowed him such accurate shooting. Yasashii stood and let go of his shoulder, then rushed in with his brother.

Sanis Prent
Aug 29th, 2002, 08:44:39 PM
(I stopped rolling, and came up in the midst of some foolhearty highland charge. Holstering my Westars, I drew my mandalorian shell gun from my loop holster. Checking the breech, I snapped it shut, firing on them at point blank range. The blue shell in the left barrel exploded out, its microdeflector activating and forming a wall of force that spread out before it. The shield impacted squarely with both men, knocking them flat. Ejecting the spent casing, I reloaded a green shell, alongside the yellow one already in the chamber.)

Oishii Sakana
Aug 29th, 2002, 09:19:04 PM
Oishii quickly got to his feet and swung his sword down on the gun in Sanis's hand. This was getting to be ridiculous.

Yasashii Mikan
Aug 29th, 2002, 09:41:24 PM
Yasashii kicked upwards, regaining his feet. He flipped over his brother and Sanis to kick at Sanis' back.

Sanis Prent
Aug 29th, 2002, 09:54:36 PM
(They split up, and I simply split, rolling to the side as the swordman chopped downward...now dangerously close to slicing the red-head's incoming foot off. Rolling up to my feet, I fired at Red, the green shell ballooning into an encompassing tensanet web. Its magnetic pitons encompassed him completely, hopelessly entangling him in mid-air)

Oishii Sakana
Aug 30th, 2002, 09:16:38 AM
Oishii halted his cut before it reached Yasashii. He was fast. Oishii cut lower to the ground this time.

"How do I get my brother out of that net?" he thought to himself.

Sanis Prent
Aug 31st, 2002, 08:46:19 PM
(The tensanet slowed their counteroffensive, giving me time to put some distance between us. Glancing behind me, I noticed an expanse of high-grass pasture. Crouching low, I covered my retreat with strafing shots from my westar blasters)

Yasashii Mikan
Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:37:39 AM
Yasashii struggled against the net.

"Oishii! Destroy these things generating the net!"

He kicked one of the pitons. He'd do it himself, if he wasn't in mid-air.

Oishii Sakana
Sep 2nd, 2002, 07:56:45 PM
Oishii cut the pitons into pieces, causing the net to loose his brother. Oishii dodged back and forth, letting the blaster fire pass by him.

"He went into the tall grass. This will be fun. We cant; see him, and odds are he can;t see us."

Sanis Prent
Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:33:54 PM
OOC: I guess I didn't elaborate enough. I only ensnared him in mid-air...which meant he would continue to fall to the ground. The tensanet is a high-tensile metallic filament net...think spider's silk on steroids. Pitons are simply the heavy massed hooks that spread wide and allow the net to ensnare.

IC:

(I kept my center of gravity low, backtreading through the tall grass. The wind and other noises created a perpetual rustling in my ears, which could just barely diminish enough for me to hear footfalls. I continued moving backward, and aimed my shell gun forward, slightly to the ground.)

Oishii Sakana
Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:58:16 PM
OOC: thanks for the explanation, even though it is late. I guess that's what they call experience, eh?

IC:
Oishii cut at the netting, taking care not to cut Yasashii. "Pitons, netting, it's all the same, eh?"

"I'll have you out soon enough."

Yasashii Mikan
Sep 8th, 2002, 08:24:18 PM
Yasashii, now freed of the netting, moved swiftly and silently through the grass. Sanis' ability to aim perfectly was handy; he spotted most anything that moved.

"Where are you...?"