PDA

View Full Version : Armageddon Dawn=Armageddon WTF?!?!

Obiwan2 Kenobi
Aug 26th, 2002, 05:56:00 PM
I'm sorry, I hate to say this but...where's the can of WTF when you need it?!

WHAT is going on?? Who's this Skull Squad? I'm sorry but I think we need to be speaking through PM's or e-mail or SOMETHING to let one another know what's going on then post in the thread in the Temple so we can coordinate and understand what's happening. It doesn't mean we post about every detail but if someone could explain what's going on I know I for one would very much appreciate it. I'm just completely lost.

I don't mean to sound like an old grump or tell everyone how it should go but I personally am not liking the direction this is going as of right now and am totally lost in all of it. That's why I haven't posted yet.

Ok, sorry for my rants....just had to let it all out as this is becoming quite...well...dumb and unorganized...

Chance
Aug 26th, 2002, 06:06:29 PM
The Skull Squad was just a NPC rolled by Kelt (I think?) to give the Jedi something to encounter as soon as they land. :)

Obiwan2 Kenobi
Aug 26th, 2002, 06:13:42 PM
But my question is...WHY???

And now, Jedi have attacked and (it appears...sorry if I'm reading this wrong) slaughtered an army of them??

I'm sorry, I don't aim to be anal (although yes, I know most of you are now saying "Man, that Obi...he's such a loser!" but hey half of you say that already :p) but I'm just saying that if we could keep one another posted on something like that instead of everyone not sure what the deal is or why the heck something is happening. That's all I'm saying. We need to keep organized and "professional"....not ready to strike down anything that pops up from the ground...especially something like this where I'm going "WTF?!"

Zeke
Aug 26th, 2002, 06:18:11 PM
::agrees with Obi:: Tough to post when it looks like defense is covered and the badguys are already gone.

Chance
Aug 26th, 2002, 06:21:45 PM
Very much true, They have a Disscussion thread somewere in here instead of the PM's. For that would take a long time to PM everyone about it.

Disscussion Thread: http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22090

Kelt Simoson
Aug 26th, 2002, 06:23:59 PM
The point is Chaos has massed a army of cloned troops that is just some of them...easy to defeat i know but that is just a sqaud of them...i have express permission from Verse to play the cloned army...you wont encounter a few for now as you guys are moving off and the back up force will get to where the fight was before. to investergate.

it was just giveing us something to fight, it wasent my fault 50 people posted before you got one post out Obi...

imported_Lance Stormrider
Aug 26th, 2002, 06:28:21 PM
Its fun though ^_^

Obiwan2 Kenobi
Aug 26th, 2002, 06:45:08 PM
Again, I don't mean to be anal. I'm just saying that a post just like you made would be much appreciated from me. That way I know what's going on. Otherwise, it's just really confusing.

Thank you for the link to the thread, Chance. I've been watching it. Again, my point is we need more discussion, which isn't happening in the thread. And what I meant about PM's is simply someone like Kelt PM'ing someone or posting and letting them know what's going on with the Skull Squad. We just need to be informed otherwise it does get very confusing and it's hard to follow.

That's fine that you received permission from Verse, Kelt, but if you could make a post explaining that, it would be much appreciated. I don't expect or want every detail posted but a few details every so often and discussion about it will make a better RP and make a better experience for everyone. Otherwise we're just all staring at one anothergoing "o_O"

Again, I'm sorry if I sound like the horse's rear but it just makes it easier to follow.

Liam Jinn
Aug 26th, 2002, 06:46:40 PM
Bah, agree with Obi I do....even though I'm not in the thread :)

imported_Lance Stormrider
Aug 26th, 2002, 06:52:51 PM
Lmao Anal. Sounds so damn wrong. But yeah I was surprised to be this skull squad

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 26th, 2002, 07:32:01 PM
You anal bastard!!!!!! j/k

The purpose I started the RP was to give people the ability to pratice TONS of Jeid stuff.

Combat- Well....they are fighting

Moral Issues- The beats and people are under Chaos' control. Therefor is it even fight to kill them when they ar enot in control of what they are doing?

Diplomatic Skills -I never said you couldn't try and get the kings to work it out.

Padawans- Get some Padawans in RP's

My say so. How you all get through this is up to y'all.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Aug 26th, 2002, 07:44:48 PM
Hate to say it but I agree with Obi (I see Liam and a few others agree as well.) We were discussing this on the phone earlier and quite honestly I did NOT get this thread. It seemed a little odd and you have one guy posting as a bunch of baddies.

Yes...Verse I see what you are trying to do and the concept is good. But it just seemed a little disorganized (not sure if that is the word I am looking for) Actually I found myself going "WTF" along with Obi. Sorry but that is the truth. To me this was not your typical Jedi Battles that we have seen before.

Just my 2-cents

And Obi, Sweetheart you are not anal!

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 27th, 2002, 02:23:57 AM
:|

;; agrees. messed up. groan. ;;

Sejah Haversh
Aug 27th, 2002, 02:30:41 AM
Yeah, um, since when do we shoot the enemy instead of trying for a more diplomatic approach? I thought we were Jedi, not the NRSF. Besides, the Skull Squad could ahve been conviced to become Allies if we had tried. The whole thing just seems un Jedi-like to me.

That, and I've been almost completely ignored. Oh well, maybe I can whip out a chaingun and join in that action, that ought to get me noticed.... Yeah right.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 27th, 2002, 03:55:39 AM
Sorry I screwed this up everyone... someone just knock me out in the thread so that I can't participate :\

Kelt Simoson
Aug 27th, 2002, 03:56:04 AM
Well sorry i frelled up by making that Skull Squad as the Clones, i just thought it would be fun to fight a controlled char rather than broning NPCes....might be a bit of practice for the Pads and i bit more fun...gues i frelledup...

And its not jennys fault its mine....im sorry

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 27th, 2002, 04:02:22 AM
No it wasn't your fault Kelt. If I had have said "don't be so trigger happy" in the beginning we wouldn't have turned into the NRSF.

My fault.

Sejah Haversh
Aug 27th, 2002, 04:05:41 AM
Well, it's not too late to hit the "Reset" button. I mean, we all know what went wrong this time. Whatsay we try it again with a little better result? After all, if we can't learn from our mistakes, what can we learn from?

Besides Cracker Jack boxes... and televison...

Kelt Simoson
Aug 27th, 2002, 04:07:37 AM
That Mongoose is scareing the crap outta me O_o

Sejah Haversh
Aug 27th, 2002, 04:13:31 AM
Huh? How am I doing that? I didn't know anybody was actually afraid of mongooses...

Unless of course it was a giant mutant mongoose with big pointy teeth and a pocket protector. I'd be afraid of that one...

Alpha
Aug 27th, 2002, 05:28:39 AM
Riiiiiight....

And we could, like Sejah said, start over again from the point of us landing.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 27th, 2002, 05:30:14 AM
Mhmm. Someone else take control.

Obiwan2 Kenobi
Aug 27th, 2002, 06:47:23 AM
Guys, I wasn't trying to point fingers at anyone. Let's just take this as a learning experience, ok? It's not like all is lost. We can move along and make everything fine. Just be more aware of these types of things in the future.

Verse and Kelt--There's NOTHING wrong with the Skull Squad. I was just confused about their background and who they were. Even Dasq made a comment that they could simply be under someone's control. I think it was just confusing and we didn't fully understand. Again, if details like this are explained and we're also told what the point of it all is or what your goal is with the Squad, that's fine! It's just we didn't have any idea.

Again, the thread's not lost and no one is to blame. We can easily bring it back to where it should be. And Dasq, you're doing a fine job being the leader. Don't be bashing yourself!

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 27th, 2002, 06:55:06 AM
We could get a mod to delete the posts up to the point where we want to go from, or something

Master Yoghurt
Aug 27th, 2002, 06:56:41 AM
I could do that. Just let me know what you want deleted. :)

Master Yoghurt
Aug 27th, 2002, 07:14:54 AM
Looking at the thread, you would probably not have to start all over, just modifying the responses from the point the Death Squad is sighted. Just a suggestion. :)

Morgan Evanar
Aug 27th, 2002, 12:01:23 PM
NRSF and Jedi are now completely seperate. The former NRSF base on Arcan is now under the jurisidction of the regular NR military.

The NRSF are moving to a new home, which the Jedi nor anyone but high-ranking NR military officals are privy to.

Zeke
Aug 27th, 2002, 03:03:52 PM
::pushes reset button and picks up his controller:: I get to be player 1. A button attacks, B defends, use the analog stick to move around, use the L and R triggers to use the Force, Y jumps, and X targets enemies. Push Start to go to the discussion thread and make sure eveything's working like its supposed to. ::waits for thread to reset::

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Aug 27th, 2002, 06:17:53 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
NRSF and Jedi are now completely seperate. The former NRSF base on Arcan is now under the jurisidction of the regular NR military.

The NRSF are moving to a new home, which the Jedi nor anyone but high-ranking NR military officals are privy to.
Pfftt!! I am now the "Chief of State" as well as a Jedi! :p Well...if you meant with regards to "Rogue Squardron" and NR. Do ya?

Unless.....**starts thinking** IF that is a problem, do I have to choose?????????

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:49:02 AM
#1: I agree...just like in the Formal thread, people that are on too much (like me, with no life :( ) are going too fast, leaving people out...I think we shoulda let the Masters and Knights outline everything instead of jumping into the action so damn fast...Mucho sorries!!!!!!! ^_^; ^_^; ^_^;

#2: Kelt, would you happen to be a 40k player, or just happened to pick a bunch of 'rines in termy armor?

#3: Obi, you rule, and nobody think's that you're an..well, you know...the fact that most everyone agrees with you kinda makes that final...You probably should be making the plans with Alpha and Das...you too, Lori...

#4: Hey, Lori, now that you're Chief Of State, can I finally get my cap ships? Maybe we should shake awake the admirals...having 1000 cap ships growing mold scares the hell outta me...

#5: Who the hell is Rrommero, or whatever the hell his name is? I understand that he's got a right to post like the rest of us (and he's doing pretty good...) but considering all of the brute force he uses (and, indeed us Padawans :lol), we might as well call in the NRSF's MC-200 and just glass the damn planet :lol

#6: Jen, you're another one that we left behind cuz we're insane...I'm trying to get everyone to slow the hell down and let our group leaders post, because this thing is gonna go in the wrong damn direction if we don't...in fact, it already started...but we need you to help us poor, misguided padawans...though the Hell Beast is pretty cool...I kinda imagine a Rancor that can jump into the air with blood on its face and big spikes poking out...

Once again, I've made my post longer than hell...here's my ten cents, my two cents are free...I'm sorry everyone, since I feel partly responsible for this...

Kelt Simoson
Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:16:56 AM
#2: Kelt, would you happen to be a 40k player, or just happened to pick a bunch of 'rines in termy armor?

Used to be loooooooonnnnng ago..more than 7 years ago :)

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:19:47 AM
lol...back in edition two? Scary Land Raiders creeping in my dreams...

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:38:26 AM
:\ I'm now so confused as to what I'm meant to be doing

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 3rd, 2002, 04:47:30 PM
be a leader...just tell peepz where to go....and maybe get somebody to heal Sejah before he decompresses.....

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 3rd, 2002, 05:32:49 PM
RRRomeo is just a person taht is trying to get his name out RP wise. He is a mercenary for hire and has a couple of names around teh board. He will follow the highest paying person.

This is what he told me when I asked him in a PM. Keep in mind, there is alot of you, but there is a planet of them. At ya'lls rate though, you will be at Chaos and stoping the war anyway.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 4th, 2002, 03:30:59 AM
he actually isn't that bad, just the fact that he and his squad have done more than an army of 20 or so jedi...

Sejah Haversh
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:35:30 PM
Before I decompress? What? Why would I decompress?

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 5th, 2002, 02:59:23 AM
...i dunno...maybe you'd lose all of your blood and then start deflating until you were were a big, flat mongoose balloon....

Oriadin
Sep 5th, 2002, 03:44:32 AM
Pleasent thought.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 5th, 2002, 03:50:04 AM
yes... and then we could inflate him with helium and carry him around on a string...

...I think I need a psychiatrist ^_^;.......:lol