PDA

View Full Version : Request for consideration of Knighthood for Lance Stormrider and Chase Starwalker!

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Aug 26th, 2002, 10:13:12 AM
These two have been padawans of mine, for a long while. But the time issue is NOT the factor. They have proven themselves quite worthy of knighthood. They both are VERY active in GJO and have RPed in MANY threads at GJO and SWFan Forums. (Can be supplied by request) They are true Jedi and both have come across the temptation of the darkside and NEVER ventured from the path of the Light. They are TRUE Jedi and truly deserve the promotion of knighthood.

Please vote accordingly.
Thank you:)

~ Leia

Of course....they both have my votes! :D

OOC: On a side note: Sorry again..yeah I know :( RL has been quite busy. I intend to catch up within the next two days. Thanks for your understanding. I really wanted to post this first though.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 26th, 2002, 12:51:40 PM
"I have no qualms about Lance Stormrider being promoted. As for Chase."

Navaria leaned forward in her Council seat and look at her former teacher.

"The last time that I saw him he was full of anger and unfortunately had yet to speak with him since then. I do not doubt your words, Leia, but wish to hear how he was able to conquer his demons against the Dark Side of the Force."

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 26th, 2002, 01:07:29 PM
OOC:

They are true Jedi and both have come across the temptation of the darkside and NEVER ventured from the path of the Light.

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20220

And I thought Jedi weren't allowed to lie! :eek

Leia, you got mail! Well a PM at least! :D

Xazor Elessar
Aug 26th, 2002, 01:09:39 PM
Xazor sat upon her Council Seat and smiled as her friend and fellow Council Member Leia, spoke of her two Padawans. Lance and Chase...she had the pleasure of them in her Warrior Class. A smile crossed her lips and she leaned forward in her chair, steepling her fingers then resting her chin upon the tips of them.

"Indeed.....I say yes to the promotion of Lance.....but as Navaria stated, Chase had problems with anger. In my Warrior Class....as you recall, there were a few problems with he and Anakin acting out of anger. If you give me reason to see he has conquered his problems....then I shall vote......"

She said softly, smiling and offering a bow of the head to the Jedi Master that stood before them. Smiling once again, she sat back in her chair and waited for Leia or others to speak.....

imported_Lance Stormrider
Aug 26th, 2002, 01:22:34 PM
OOC: :eek: Wowsers 2 more votes if I'm correct.

Master Yoghurt
Aug 26th, 2002, 03:06:43 PM
"I concur on the promotion of Lance. Regarding Chance, I will hold off my vote until I hear Leia's ensurance he now knows to resist the temptations of the Dark Side"

Xazor Elessar
Aug 26th, 2002, 03:10:12 PM
ooc: It's 'Chase', Yog.... :lol Chance was my Padawan! :mneh

Obiwan2 Kenobi
Aug 26th, 2002, 05:43:48 PM
Hey, now, Xazor...give the lil man a break...it's not his fault he has memory loss :p

Master Yoghurt
Aug 26th, 2002, 06:01:33 PM
Lance, Chance, Chase. Makes my head spin. I meant Chase :)

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 26th, 2002, 06:17:49 PM
Makes you're head chase!?!? :p

Aug 26th, 2002, 06:18:25 PM
How many council votes do I need to get promoted o_O

Liam Jinn
Aug 26th, 2002, 06:29:46 PM
OOC: Doesn't matter Lance :p

Master Yoghurt
Aug 26th, 2002, 06:29:49 PM
We wait so everyone got a chance to vote before announcing anything. The time it takes depends on who is available to vote etc.

Aug 26th, 2002, 06:33:17 PM
Oh.......o_o.......*waits* *waits*

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Aug 26th, 2002, 08:23:39 PM
OOC: Well....Chase is dealing with this darkside issue with TSO with me, a dragon (:lol) LV and Gav. But the link is of no use now, because we are still dealing with the situation. (yeah..yeah..we are trapped on Corellia...FEH!!) Soooo...hang tight and I hope to give you a link or so in a few days. Ok..

Sooooo..hold off on Chase and...go ahead and continue voting on Lance

Btw...Nice to see you around Yog :)

[Edit: Good to see you too, Leia! I must say, it feels good to be back. :)

I edit my OOC reply instead of posting, in order to try keeping this thread somewhat IC. - Yog]

Chase Starwalker
Aug 27th, 2002, 12:13:26 AM
ooc: would you like chase to come before the council and speak on how he has overcomed or no? :)

[Edit: That would be a good idea. Make it a good one though :) - Yog ]

Aug 27th, 2002, 01:17:40 PM
:zzz *Pokes the council*

[Patience Lance!! If NOT.. No Promo....Jedi NEEDS patience!! Just a warnng ;) NO more posts like this...it would be VERY bad to do! ~ Leia]

[Oh alright :p]

Liam Jinn
Aug 27th, 2002, 03:49:01 PM
"I vote yes for Lance.."

AmazonBabe
Aug 27th, 2002, 05:10:03 PM
:: AB nodded her head after Navaria spoke. ::

I conquer with what my comrade, Navaria, has stated. Lance is indeed ready and worthy of promotion. But I feel Chase needs more time.

Chase Starwalker
Aug 27th, 2002, 08:49:38 PM
The Council. A varying array of seasoned Jedi who decide the fate of the entire Order. Even in familiarity with all of the council members, Chase was nervous. He had received the message from Leia, and knew what he would have to do. Some doubted, Chase knew, his ability for...anger control. Struggling with it in his early Padawan days, Chase had been introduced to a cold galaxy that didn't fit his eyes. Coming to grips with his power, having a say, defending the Order...overwhelmed the young man. His confrontations with Lady Vader, the revenge for Xazor, all rash and unruly, troubled him now. The door slid open to the Council's rounded platform. Leia, already in the room, stood aside as she noticed his entrance. He bowed.

"Great Council." He was nervous, but wasn't sure why.

"I know there have been questions raised. About what I have done. I do admit, I had a struggling concept of the galaxy before coming to this place, ...meeting these people,...learning of the greater good. At times, I got frustrated, anxious...and bicker some. The fact that we, as a Order, have the power to shape the galaxy...for the better. I have overcome what I have faced. I no longer use rash jugdement, shielded by...thoughts or emotions. But I also take responsibility for my actions, and have to come to understand the true nature behind what we, as Jedi, do. Marcus Q'Dunn once told me, " Truth is one of the greatest weapons a Jedi can weild and I do not lie, for that is a path to the Dark Side...." Chase paused, reflecting, as surely the others were, on the true meaning behind the words. He finished, ".... and so is forgiveness and mercy. True forgiveness, unreserved and for no ulterior purpose. My forgiveness is unconditional and so is the mercy of a Jedi". Chase recited the words from his heart, where the statement had become a part of his very being.

"I ask for your forgiveness my fellow Jedi. Not for my knighthood, or my rank in the Order, but as a boy who has grown into a young man. As a fellow Jedi." Chase bowed again, stepping back to stand beside a person who he had long admired. Someone who had been a savoir, a teacher, and a friend. He stood silently, awaiting the councils words, by Leia.

Sanis Prent
Aug 28th, 2002, 02:55:02 PM
:thumbup for Lance

Aug 28th, 2002, 04:48:52 PM
:(

Obiwan2 Kenobi
Aug 29th, 2002, 05:06:08 PM
NAY! I say Nay!!! Thou hast posted far too many times! He has no patience...NO patience, I say! NI!

*ahem*

I vote yes :)

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Aug 29th, 2002, 07:55:06 PM
::As Chase moved over to stand by Leia, she took her hands from beneath her robe and gestured to the council.::

I know my feelings about Chase's bout with the Darkside, I believe he has truly learned from that experience. It was unwarranted and rash, I know. But I truly feel he is telling the truth and has learned by it.

But I ask you, fellow Jedi to look on to my padawan and question him as you may.

::Leia circled the Council Floor and stopped infront of Master Yoghurt ::

Master Yoghurt, I know you have some questions for Chase. Please go ahead and question him.

::Leia bowed her head at the great Jedi Master and slowly stepping back to the center of the circular Coucil floor and stood back next to Chase once again::

Master Yoghurt
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:22:13 PM
"The Council has spoken. The question of wether Lance should be promoted is resolved. Congratulations, Jedi Knight Lance Stormrider.. may you uphold the ways of Light with a serene mind, guarding Truth and Justice with honor.. with your help, the Galaxy may be prosper in Peace "

The old Jedi Master thoughtfully folded his tiny green hands together in some sort of meditational posture as he directed his attention towards Leia and Chase standing before him.

"Master Leia, concidering you know Chase better than any of us, your assurance is of great importance to the Council. You are one of the most trusted and experienced Jedi the Order has the honor of having in service. Furthermore, few Jedi can meassure up to your standards of training in the ways of the Force. However, before the Council votes on Chase being promoted, the Council would have some questions for him.."

The old man paused for a slight moment, as he focused his senses on Chase. The Force run like a slow and quietly flowing river around the Jedi Master, immersing the Council Room, alerting him of the slightest sign of disharmony. With a calm voice, he spoke to Chase

"My first question.. can you tell me the difference between the Dark and the Light Side of the Force. How do you know when your using the Light side, and not the Dark side? Following up my first question, why are the ways of the Jedi any better than those of the Sith?"

Xazor Elessar
Aug 30th, 2002, 04:50:21 PM
Xazor sat in silence, waiting to hear of the words Master Yoghurt had to speak. Her ears perked up when he announced the new position Lance held. It brought a bright smile to her face and she then set her gaze upon Chase and Leia.

Congratulations...

She whispered in Lance's mind, hoping that he heard her. Again she shifted her attention to the two before her...waiting for someone to speak...

Aug 30th, 2002, 06:37:20 PM
:: As master Yoghurt spoke to him Lance bowed his head and a great happyness emerged into his heart...he received the message of Xazor and simply replyed with a thank you...he then turned around and left the council room to let them discuss with Chase.::

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Aug 30th, 2002, 08:39:21 PM
::Upon Master Yoghurt's announcement of Lance's promotion, Leia turned to Lance and gave a nod of approval with a smile. She then sent a silent force message to him::

Congratulations my now former padawan on your promotion. A title well deserved

::Her focus then came back to Master Yoghurt who was discussing Chase's situation. She bowed at the great Jedi Master when he directed his words to her, but chose not to speak...as Master Yoghurt continued to question Chase. Leia glanced at her padawan, who stood right next to her, awaiting for his answers.::

Chase Starwalker
Sep 1st, 2002, 07:08:58 PM
Chase bowed his head reverently as Yogurt finished his question.

"Thank you for allowing me to speak."

Chase paused for a slight moment to ready his thoughts.

"The light and the dark side of the Force play very similar to each other,...as I'm sure you all know. The path of the light is the chosen, difficult, path because the Dark Side is always there, waiting for you to slip or stumble."

Chase raised his eyes to the old wrinkled Jedi Master.

"One must not dis-regard anger. But they must learn to control it, harness it, and use it for the good. When anger is all you feel, that is all you can become."

He allowed his eyes to fall on the council as they sat, listening to him.

"The Jedi's ways are better than what the Sith strive to do for one reason. We do it for the good of the people. The good of this galaxy. Not for personal gain, or power."

Liam Jinn
Sep 2nd, 2002, 02:26:56 AM
Liam sat in his chair, his eyes falling on Chase as Yog questioned the padawan. As the reply came, he raised an eyebrow, waiting for the older Jedi Master to respond. Though he hid it, he was not pleased with the answer.

Master Yoghurt
Sep 9th, 2002, 04:54:36 AM
Being attuned to any movements in the Force, the Jedi Master could not avoid noticing Liam being displeased by the answer. Yog had some doubts as well, although, words could only tell so much. Perhaps there was another way..

"I sense there are still doubts on this matter. I recommend Chase is to be tested in a trial.. does the Council have any thoughts on what would be an appropriate test?"

OOC: I'd suggest a test similar to what Luke encountered on Dagobah in ESB: The Cave

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 10th, 2002, 02:23:28 PM
"Yes, Master Yog. A test is needed to validify the statements that Chase proudly says."

I believe a test is needed that puts Chase in confrontation of his greatest fear

Navaria did not say this out loud, only to her fellow Comrades that sat with her on the Council

OOC~ so in other words, I agree yog ^_^