PDA

View Full Version : You didn't know?

The Preacha
Aug 25th, 2002, 11:40:18 PM
"Just look at 'em. Sittin' there in the abominations of life. Wallerin' like pigs in a sty. Well deliverance is commin' boys."

*I shifted my scrawny sack o' bones to the front door and peeked in at the heathenish patrons of the establishment. Each one endulgin' in there eeeeeevils.

Brangin' my foot WAY back I busted in the door of the Bar and Grill. Stepped flat footed into the middle of room; sportin' my stylish cardboard sign, my preachin' diiiiisguise (complete with covert eye mask), and my stench of righteousness (to show 'em what their livin' in).*

"Woe to you wrong doers! WOE I say! Brang yo'selves back to the light!"

*That ought ta fix 'em. Got ta hurry an sermonize quick like, though. Can't let THEM find me.*

Belial MadHatter
Aug 26th, 2002, 12:00:53 AM
"What if the light hurts my eyes?"

Belial leaned on her cane behind the religious man, her painted face peering out curiously towards him. For once, she didn't bother taking off her black hat and introduce herself. Instead, she watched.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 26th, 2002, 12:16:57 AM
Diego simply watched the broken door fall off the hinges. A hand rubbed against his stubble, as he sighed.

"Y'know...there's a bit of irony in trying to sell people on spiritual knowledge, when you lack common sense."

Shrugging, Diego kicked a shard of wood aside, walking to a seat.

The Preacha
Aug 26th, 2002, 08:32:08 AM
*I terned myself to face those that would mock the liiiiiight.*

"The light herts ya eeeeyes? THAT'S THE EEEEEEVILS IN YA!!!! Tern from yo wicked waaaays!"

*Then I pointed a shackin' thin finger at the man who questioned my sanity.*

"An' you, sir! Do you dare ac...accu...accus....are ya sayin' I'm crazy!!!!! Why I say, that I'm saner than YOU are.....harry man!!!"

*I swung my preachin' sign about oncest or twicest fo good measure.*

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 26th, 2002, 08:34:55 AM
"In the most relative of all ways, of course."

Diego eyed him strangely.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 26th, 2002, 04:03:05 PM
Xazor sat in the shadows of the corner of the Bar. Indeed....she was filled with the Light and it radiated from her spirit. She watched the man preach of such things and had to roll her eyes. The way of getting people to accept it was not to shove it down their throats. Remaining silent.....she continued watching the oddity......

The Preacha
Aug 26th, 2002, 04:04:18 PM
*Relative? Was this guy tryin' to say I look like kin. Then I heard it. Sounds only THEY could make. My beady blood-shot eyes moved side to side as I tried to localate the noize.*

"Ouch!"

*My preachin' mask poked my eye. Then, like a ton o' bricks it dawned on me. THE WAAAAALLLLLS!!!!*

"DEMONS!!!!!!"

*I did my dooty like any good preacha would. I flung all 150 poundz of me against the eeeeeevil structure. To bad the guy sittin' nearest the wall didn't see me comin'. I kinda knocked over his glass, and his table, and the guy sittin' next to him, not to mention the girl who ran out screamin' when I vaulted over her head, but in the war against eeeeeevil sakrifices had to be made. The innocent folks must be saved.*

"Come outta this wall right now, DEMONS!!! HEATHENS!!! WORKERS OF IN....INIQ...iniqui....REALLY BAD THINGS!!!!!"

Xazor Elessar
Aug 26th, 2002, 04:16:00 PM
"Sir could you keep it down a bit.....you're causing a scene."

A soft voice came from behind as the Jedi Knight tapped him on the shoulder.

"I'm sure if these people really wanted to know of the Light they would ask you. Besides....this is a Jedi Bar...and most everyone in here are followers of the Light save for a select few......"

She smiled gently and then turned to walk back to her seat in the shadows....

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 26th, 2002, 04:41:05 PM
Diego turned to look at Xazor.

"I'm sure head trauma would get the point across quicker. Plus, he might finally see the light...right before it goes out."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 26th, 2002, 07:59:35 PM
"Sir, maybe you would like to calmly explain what evils we are indulging in? We are most all of us Jedi here. We focus on the good, and stay calm and happy, instead of giving in to hate and such as that."

Wei thought the man would do better preaching to the Sith. But if he did that, the Sith would more than likely kill him on the spot.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 26th, 2002, 08:15:10 PM
"Hang on one second"

A hand gestured for Wei's efforts of cross-examination to cease. Diego rose from his seat, smiling.

"I think I'm having a religious experience."

He walked over to the "preacher", looking him in the eye.

"Tell me Preacher...is your deity of a righteous nature, bestowing miraculous aid to his or her dutiful servants in their most dire moments of need, and so forth?"

Diego held a very strange look in his eye.

Oishii Sakana
Aug 26th, 2002, 08:17:23 PM
Oishii looked up from his drink. He sensed something about the farmer. He personally preferred Wei's talking to what appeared to him to be a bit of senseless violence.

Yasashii Mikan
Aug 26th, 2002, 08:24:00 PM
"Who's the idiot with the sign and the mask?"

Oishii Sakana
Aug 26th, 2002, 08:26:46 PM
Oishii shrugged. "Let's be patient and wait. Somethings are more fun to watch than to participate in."

Yasashii Mikan
Aug 26th, 2002, 08:27:30 PM
"This especially."

The Preacha
Aug 26th, 2002, 09:38:54 PM
"Deity?"

*I scratched my head. The harry man planned to trick me into some kinda trap, but I seen his types afore.*

"I speak of turning from yo wicked ways, and yuse comes to me with a question about small yappin' dogs!"

*My sermonize voculars were beginnin' ta sing.*

"As for the rest of 'em that mock me, I says ta yuse, anyone that co...con...contin...still fights has.......EEEEEEEVILS IN 'EM."

*I began pounded my sign against the wall oncest mo', with the legendary repentin' swipes. No eeeevils in the universe could stops me nooooow.*

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 26th, 2002, 09:48:08 PM
"I assume you speak in behalf or your belief. I am asking if your belief empowers you. Through your faith, can you do things otherwise impossible?"

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 26th, 2002, 09:49:08 PM
"Sir...I have no clue what you mean." Wei stood confused.

When Wei got confused, sadness soon followed. So, Wei decided to leave the confusion and instead went back to his room.

Yasashii Mikan
Aug 26th, 2002, 09:52:30 PM
Yasashii glared over his plate of Sesame chicken at the Preacha.

"Moron."

The Preacha
Aug 27th, 2002, 09:35:02 AM
*I looked again to the harry man.*

"Well o' course it helps. It lets me sense..."

*My eyes shifted about the bar oncest more. Gotta make sho' THEY don't hear me.*

"...eeeeeevils."

*Snappin' my head ta the right I saw the young man in green.*

"You don't know what I'm talkin' bout causein' your surroundified by......DEMONS AND EEEEEVILS, EEEEEVILS AND DEMONS!!!! But I keen fix 'at."

*I ran to the young man's side that....didn't know....and commencified the cleasin' ciremony (I shook the preachin' sign up, down, and around his head.) That'll show 'em DEMONS!!!)

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 27th, 2002, 10:49:52 AM
"So, those who believe are granted abilities in times of need. The blind can see, the lame can walk...and those that walk, can run..."

He looked at the Preacher in a haunting manner.

"So forth and so forth. It reminds me of a parable I once heard. About a man, similar to you...no doubt persectuted for his beliefs, who was thrown into a den of wild predators by his king...left to die, I suppose, as predators are usually good for causing that. The man beseeched his deity for help. He believed. And he survived his time, not a scratch on him. Some call it an extreme statistical outlier. Some call it an act of faith. Its interesting either way you look at it, I suppose."

He crossed his arms, closing the distance between himself and the man.

"Can your belief inspire such miracles? I'd like to validate your faith by trial."

The smile on his face was uncomfortable, as Diego's blue eyes glinted.

Oishii Sakana
Aug 27th, 2002, 02:30:39 PM
Oishii looked on as the Preacha fluttered his sign around Wei's head.

"Yasashii. See that guy in the green? The one that the preacha is messing with? He ate a meal with us once. Wu Wei, I believe his name was."

Oishii tried not to laugh. "Poor guy looks upset."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 27th, 2002, 05:05:32 PM
Wei watched the preacha shake his sign about his head. "What evils?" Wei was getting sick of this.

"What evils? how can we find the light as you call it when we don;t know what evils to avoid?"

Wei shrank away from the sign. "Please get that out of my face. When things get to close to my face it makes me dizzy."

Belial MadHatter
Aug 27th, 2002, 05:09:50 PM
Suddenly Belial's hand shot out infront of Wei's hand and began to wave it around. Her painted lips turned into a slight smirk as she withdrew her hand, then turned her attention to the "Preacher".

"... I'm a demon."

Canting her head to the side, she stopped leaning on her cane and tapped it against the preacher's head.

"But you bore me."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 27th, 2002, 05:42:29 PM
Reflexively, Wei swatted at Madhatter's retreating hand.

"Please, don;t do that."

Wei fumbled around and found his seat again. He sat down clumsily. "Darn it..." The world began a slow circle and his eyes started to hurt.

Belial MadHatter
Aug 27th, 2002, 06:13:10 PM
OOC - Wei, Belial already removed her hand from infront of your face .. therefore, you can not have twisted it ...

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 27th, 2002, 06:57:33 PM
OOC- made the edit. Sorry.

Yasashii Mikan
Aug 27th, 2002, 08:21:46 PM
Yasashii watched the Preacha hassle the green kid and the clown.

"What an idiot. You'd think the bouncers or guards would've thrown the drunkard out by now..."

Oishii Sakana
Aug 27th, 2002, 08:22:51 PM
"I'm not sure that there are any bouncers, Yasashii," Oishii said past his cup of green tea.

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 27th, 2002, 08:27:25 PM
A frying pan suddenly went spinning through the air, to hit the "Preacher" on the head with a loud clang.

At the other end of the bar, a lone hooded figure made out to be be totally innocent. No, he would't have used hte Force to throw the pan, would he?

Yasashii Mikan
Aug 27th, 2002, 08:29:41 PM
Yasashii laughed uproarously as the Preacha was smacked by a frying pan.

"What a fool! It appears there are bouncers after all!"

Oishii Sakana
Aug 27th, 2002, 08:30:03 PM
Oishii watched a pan fly though the air and hit the preacha.

"That was fast," he muttered to no one in particular. "I wonder who threw it?"

The Preacha
Aug 27th, 2002, 10:39:50 PM
*I got globbered by somethin' fierce. My head started a spinnin and afore I knowed it, I was aheadin' fo the floor.*

"De......mooooo......nnnsssss."

*Everythin' went black.*

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:38:36 AM
Wei smiled, despite his sudden headache. "I bet he has a worse headache than me."

Wei started laughing and waved a hand up in the air. It was Wei's way of saying "thanks." He didn;t want to shout and disturb somebody. The Preacha had done enough of that.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:49:39 AM
Diego took hold of the unconcious man's body, hefting it over his shoulder with a grunt.

"Everyone, on the preacher's behalf, I'd like to express his most sincere apologies in disturbing you this evening. He assures me that it won't happen again."

With a strange, polite smile, Diego hauled the unconcious preacher outside. But instead of depositing him immediately out of the premises, Diego kept walking, carrying the man to the very outskirts of the town...

Oishii Sakana
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:56:51 AM
Oishii watched the preacher fall and the farmer take him out of the bar and grill.

"Well, that was sure interesting."