PDA

View Full Version : Something New

Levi Argon
Aug 25th, 2002, 10:18:26 AM
"What the hell is this place?" Two men stumbled inside a quiet establishment, the door was slightly ajar and it was on the periphery of a rather large facility. Little did they know that it was run by a group of Dark-Siders but all they hoped for was some medical attention.

One man, slightly taller than the other who had the lower half of his right leg missing helped him to a seat and called out desperately, blood stained his face and soaked into his clothes. With a steady drip-drip-drip blood fell from the tips of his fingers and onto the smooth floor surface.

"Hello!" He cried. "We need some help here--" He broke off, his eyes looked about, there was one well-illuminated corridoor leading off to the left and another passage blocked by a locked door. "--please!"

Salem Ave
Aug 25th, 2002, 10:24:27 AM
"Thi-sss isss not the place to seek help."

A figure approached the two. He had been initially drawn by the flow of blood, though reigned his mind quickly to deal with the two - who were currently staining the recruitment center floor a pale shade of crimson.

"Find a hossspital. Leave."

Levi Argon
Aug 25th, 2002, 10:39:12 AM
"Why can't we seek help here?" Levi retorted rather irritated. He turned to the pale-looking person who had appeared behind him, his eyes narrowing.

"Are you trying to tell me this place doesn't have a doctor!" He spoke his words with venom, through his teeth and he walked toward Salemn his fists tightening at his sides.

Salem Ave
Aug 25th, 2002, 10:45:40 AM
"Oh, we have a hossspital. It's just that you will not be using it. You arrre not perrrmitted."

The vaguest hint of a smile appeared on the boys lips before he rose one hand, pointing back towards the door.

"We arrre not herrre to help the sssick and needy. Now unless you intend on joining - out."

Levi Argon
Aug 25th, 2002, 11:04:33 AM
"Sick and needy!" Levi repeated angrily, taking a step closer to the boy having taken offense to what he had said.

"Joining?" His brow furrowed and he looked around, "What is this place?"

Salem Ave
Aug 25th, 2002, 11:26:29 AM
He stared downwards at the man and blinked his solid black eyes.

"The Sssith Orrrder," he replied bluntly.

Levi Argon
Aug 25th, 2002, 11:46:58 AM
"Ah yes, of course. The Sith Order!" Came Levi's reply, he found it difficult to supress a laugh but managed to do so. He didn't believe a word of what Salemn had said but thought he'd use it to his advantage.

"Why of course. We'll join!" He replied with a smile, turning around to his brother he shot him a wink. Jak, his brother was suffering from lacerations on his chest, a fractured collar bone and a burned forearm. He had been without his lower right leg for fourteen years, hence his walking support.

"So what now, do we need to fill in papers, sign forms, what?"

Salem Ave
Aug 25th, 2002, 11:51:28 AM
"Do you even know what a Sssith isss?"

The boy looked away from the one who was speaking, to the injured one. He strode forward towards him and crouched partially to get his eye sight inline with the wounded man's. Without any physical motion to show what he was doing, he applied a small amount of pressure onto Jak's windpipe, limiting his ability to breath, and thus causing each gasp for air to become jagged.

Levi Argon
Aug 25th, 2002, 12:39:24 PM
"Yeah, I know all about the Sith. Dark-Siders who--" He cut himself off realising that there was something wrong with his brother. He seemed to be having difficulty breathing.

"Jak!" He cried out, running over Levi had no qualms about shoving Salem over rather forcefully to get to his brother. "Get out of my way! Jak, what's the matter?"

Knealing down, Levi cupped a hand behind his brothers neck and began to lie him down. Ever since he'd knocked Salem over his brother's breathing had improved; something didn't seem right.

Salem Ave
Aug 26th, 2002, 02:30:06 AM
Salem hissed through his teeth as he pushed himself to his feet, using the back of one hand to brush off some dust from his cloak.

"I wasss crrrushing hisss windpipe,"

He lifted his hand and Jak's left arm rose upwards, limp, into the air, where it waved back and forth of its own accord. Then lowering his palm back down, the mans arm collapsed back into its place. Salem chuckled inside.

"Leave now, orrr I'll do the sssame to you."

Jehova Eaven
Aug 26th, 2002, 02:40:34 AM
"Salem!"

The Knight's voice boomed from out of the long hall. His long blue cape dragging behind him as he made his usual rounds around the palace. He was surprised to see the apprentice Salem out at this time.

"What are you doing?"

As he strode closer he noticed the two men. One barely breathing, the other in much better shape.

"Whats going on here?"

Levi Argon
Aug 26th, 2002, 07:16:19 AM
Luckily for Salem another man had approached, Levi's rage burned inside and he was ready to pounce on that ugly little brat. Balled fists at his sides trambled and if looks could kill Salem would already be six foot under. He turned to Jehova and saw is opportunity.

"We asked to join and ssslippery boy here--" He said mockingly. "--tried to choke my brother!"

Salem Ave
Aug 26th, 2002, 07:36:11 AM
"Sssir,"

Visibly, he shrunk away.

"Thessse two came in asssking for help... thisss one," he said as he motioned towards Levi,

"Wasss trrrying to join purrrely to receive medical aide."

Jehova Eaven
Aug 27th, 2002, 12:31:23 AM
He looked down towards the two men and then back to the apprentice.

"I am well aware of the rules. The Palace area is closed to all who are not members. I will take responsibility for them." He smiled. "Go get something to eat."

He waited for the apprentice to leave before speaking to the fully conscious man.

Salem Ave
Aug 27th, 2002, 02:37:28 AM
Salem gave a bow and departed, slipping out into the hallways.

Levi Argon
Aug 27th, 2002, 07:05:47 AM
Levi began to calm down. He decided not to move any closer to Jehova, it's not like he knows or cares for the guy, so he stood by his fallen brother.

"Okay, what do we have to do?"

Jehova Eaven
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:36:50 AM
With the apprentice gone, he looked at the two men and smiled.

"Hes right, you do have to be a member to recieve medical attention." he looked down at the badly injured man. "But, we'll discuss that later, lets get him to the medical facilities."

Levi Argon
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:54:14 PM
With a slight nod, Levi turned away and helped his brother to his feet; then in one quick motion he scooped him up off of his feet almost effortlessly and walked alongside Jehova as they headed off in the direction of medical facilities.

"So um--" He hesitated, feeling obliged to make conversation as the man had offered his brother medical treatment. "--who are you? You one of these force-users huh?"

Live Wire
Aug 29th, 2002, 11:40:08 PM
Live Wire sensed the commotion and the newcomers to the palace as she was heading out for some fresh air. Turning aside she headed toward the sound of voices, her curiosity peaked. As she approached she saw a stranger carrying another man who seemed injured. Raising an eyebrow she came up behind them and asked Eaven. "Who are our guests"

Without waiting for an answer she noted how injured the man being carried seemed to be. Laying a hand gently on his forehead she closed her eyes as they walked. Opening them again she said "Im not a healer and he is badly hurt but hopefully I took away most of the pain. He must see a healer quickly." As she said that she paged the medical bay to be ready to recieve a patient.

Lady Vader
Aug 30th, 2002, 12:07:19 PM
*LV had been present through the whole exchange between the two strangers and Salemn. She had not intervened, though, thanking the young Sith was handling the situation. But then Jehova had appeared, shortly followed by Live Wire. Her expression soured somewhat as she stepped forward.*

Funny. I don't remember Sith ever playing the good Samaratin.

Jehova Eaven
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:31:28 PM
Had he been caught? He turned to face the strange voice. It was Mistress Live Wire, one of the Council members which he had not met before. He held back the lunp in his throat.

"These men seek medical attention. I am showing them to the facilities."

Just as he answered, another more familiar voice came out of the darkness. Mistress Vader, another Council Member. This was not looking good for himself or the two men.

"Mistress Vader... a pleasure to see you. What brings you out on this unusually cold night?"

He let a slight shiver escape him, but was it from fear or the temperature? He didn't even know.

Levi Argon
Aug 30th, 2002, 05:32:08 PM
Raising an eyebrow as the first of the two women to arrive had claimed to have releaved his brother of his pain, he said to himself. "Efficient."

For what these people had been stereotyped as by the media, they didn't come across as the wicked creatures they had been labelled. Except for that little creep who first spoke with them. And this new arrival. Once Levi heard what the masked-woman had to say, he groaned audibly and stopped in his tracks to face the woman, now irritated.

"Oh what is it with you?" He asked rhetorically, his voiced rasied with anger. "Stop living up to your reputation of being all big and bad, we get it already!" By we he meant the average, non-force sensitive folk although he wasn't one of them. From what he heard about the Sith enjoying pain and hurting people he just assumed them to be sado-masichists who dabbled in the Force. He had now continued walking, now annoyed at the young man who seemed to soil himself at the very sight of these ladies, as he did so he mumbled, "Go get yourself a frelling pair!"

Lady Vader
Aug 31st, 2002, 11:15:00 PM
*LV only smiled.*

Had I actually wanted to be sadistic and act like the reputation you so eliquently stated, you'd be dead right now. But you're not.

Perhaps that in itself tells you something. Take it as you will.

*She looked to Jehova and then to Live Wire. And then, without another glance, she turned and disapeared back from wence she came.*

Live Wire
Aug 31st, 2002, 11:42:10 PM
She turned to Eaven who looked visibly shaken. With an imperceptable tap on the button on her belt she called for security to be waiting for them when they got to the medical bay. There was something not quite right. And this newcomer seemed awfully bold for someone who knew of the reputation of the sith. Something was not adding up and she communicated that to LV with her last glance before she walked away.

Turning to the young man who had made the outburst she said "I like to have people form their own opinion of me and not listen to the stereotype. That is of course not to say I don't fit it. But I'd rather you decide that after you meet me. Now if you would the medical bay is this way."

With a forceful hand on Eaven's shoulder she pulled him aside and through the force asked just what the hell is really going on here? You almost crapped your pants a minute ago and thats not acceptable behavior for a sith just becuase he spies two masters. Start talking.

Jehova Eaven
Sep 1st, 2002, 06:22:30 AM
His eyes shifted to Mistress Wire and then back to the wall. It didn't really matter what unacceptable behavior was, he was afraid at that moment, he tried to hide it and thought he did it well. Apparently he did not and now was being scolded. His eyes went back to her face when he heard the security personel's footprints walk down the hall. Some kind of security measure, this man stirred up some worries.

"I don't know what you're talking about. As for this man, I felt something from him. I thought he may be useful to the Order, as for his companion. I thought to kill him later, but if I would have killed him then, he would not aid us."

He shifted his gaze back to the hallway.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I must be going. I'm sure you could handle the rest."

One day he would get past her level of power, for now he would keep his mouth shut.

Levi Argon
Sep 1st, 2002, 08:21:52 AM
"Alone at last!" Levi said the lady now left with him, a smirk appeared on his face then he continued walking toward the medical bay. Occasionally his brother would groan as he was being carried and Levi slowed his pace to ensure that Jak wasn't being hurt.

"What is it do you people do anyway?" He asked, his eyes narrowed as he tried to fathom why someone would want to live as they do. A brief grin appeared on his face. "I just assumed Sith were sex-obsessed maniacs who opted for a little whip-play and just happened to be force-sensitive."

They were nearing the medical bay now, the sign gave that away as did the security gaurds.

Gouyen Chee
Sep 4th, 2002, 03:29:49 PM
Gouyen had been meditating in the library when she sensed the fracas in the receiving hall. One man badly wounded, another -- angry and upset -- hmmm.... she mused. Could it be that something besides random chance brought these two men to our door?

She got up and headed to her room, and went straight to her dresser, where she rummaged in the back of the top drawer and finally pulled out a small leather bag. She clutched it tightly in her fist and turned to leave, only to meet Robi, her Cybernian wolf-dog.

"Yes, I know," she told the canine, "newcomers in the med bay and one of them is badly wounded. Follow me."

She strode swiftly down the hall to the med bay and got there just before the two men arrived. She signaled the guards to lay the injured man on an examinaning table and gestured for the other man to sit down.

"Robi, get him something to drink and something for him to wash up with."

While the canine did that, she turned to the wounded man and laid her hand on his forehead, placing him into an anesthetic trance. After putting on a surgical gown and scrubbing up, she then turned her attentions to the man's injuries. She took the leather bag and upended it into her palm. A single large, red jewel, set in bronze, slid out, and she placed the gem on the man's abdomen where it began to glow. She started cleaning the chest wounds with surgical sponges dipped in an antiseptic solution, cutting away dead tissue as she went. Once the wounds were cleaned to her satisfaction, she turned to the fractured collar bone, gently manipulating it until the two parts clicked into alignment. The amulet began to glow more and more brightly as she turned her attention to the burned arm. She gently washed it with antiseptic solution, sloughing off dead tissue -- there was little more she could do. The rest was up to the amulet, which glowed brilliantly, illuminating the room as Gouyen stripped off her scrubs.

"It's all up to the amulet now -- and his own strength."

OOC: Is that better?

Robi
Sep 4th, 2002, 03:34:37 PM
Robi had watched the entire scene from the safety of the shadows, then turned to seek out her mistress. She met her at the door to their room, where she made her announcement.

There are two men in the entryway -- one of them is badly wounded -- and there were two masters there, and a knight -- and she was cut off by Gouyen.

"Yes, I know -- newcomers in the med bay and one of them is badly wounded. Follow me."

She followed, trotting to keep up with Gouyen's long strides and skidded to a stop just outside the med bay, her clawed paws scrabbling for grip. Curse these polished floors -- all glitter and no grip, she thought to herself as she entered the room and waited for her mistress' orders. They came with the arrival of the strangers.

"Robi, get him something to drink and something for him to wash up with."

The Cybernian then did something that the unknowing would find extraordinary -- she reared up on her hind legs and walked over to the sink, where she got a basin and filled it with warm water, a pre-soaped scrub sponge and a towel. These items she placed on a wheeled table. She then went to the refridgerator and pulled out a can of an electrolyte replentishment beverage. To do all of this, her toes had elongated into claw-tipped fingers, with her dewclaws becoming her thumbs. Placing the drink on the table, she then wheeled it over to the other man, who was sitting beside the injured man and looking worried.

"Heeeeerrrrrrrre yooooooou gooooooo, sirrrr," she said. "Foooooorrrrrr yoooooooourrrrr'e rrrrrrefrrrrrreshment."

The canine placed a gentle paw on the man's shoulder. "Doooon't woooooooorrrrrrry sirrrrr -- Gooooouuuuuyen is a gooooooood heeeealeeeerrrrrr. Yooooouuu muuuuust trrrrruuuuust us."

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 5th, 2002, 06:56:14 AM
OOC: Gouyen, Jak lost his leg years ago. It's healed and he's been without a leg for a long time. That's not one of the wounds that needs healing.

Jak, his brother was suffering from lacerations on his chest, a fractured collar bone and a burned forearm. He had been without his lower right leg for fourteen years, hence his walking support.

Just a friendly notice, that is all. :)

Gouyen Chee
Sep 5th, 2002, 12:26:47 PM
OOC: Oops :o -- that's what's called not reading the entire thread carefully. I'll edit to bring it into line. :)