PDA

View Full Version : Grow up, foolish child. (Odin, closed)

Zeke
Aug 23rd, 2002, 08:48:33 PM
***7 years ago***
"Zeke, you're a fine young man," said Captain Rasputin Peris of the cargo transport Happy Child . He knelt before the boy and toussled his hair. "You stay happy, no matter what. Understand?" Zeke nodded. The ship suddenly shuddered violently.

"Captain! Pirates have opened fire on us!"

Zeke watched the Captain run for the bridge...

***Present Day***

Zeke sat alone atop a pillar in the jungles surrounding GJO. He could see the main complex miles away, and remembered the comments he heard floating around about him in its halls and corridors.

"He's ALWAYS happy! It isn't normal!" "If he'd grow up he'd actually be a worthy Jedi." And so on.

A rustling in the bushes below caught Zeke's attention.

"What do YOU want?"

Odin Murk
Aug 26th, 2002, 05:25:37 PM
:: Odin had a new plan for the morsel this time... he would tame him... as some of the beast tamers did on his planet, tame the mammals into being a pet, and when they became useless, which was what Odin saw him as... they were eaten. He slowly approached Zeke and crouched some meters away but in good view of Zeke.::
And what is the matter today morssssssssssssel?

Zeke
Aug 26th, 2002, 06:11:48 PM
"You ever get the slam for being who you are?" he asked.

Zeke stood atop the pillar and put his hands in his pockets, where his sabers were. He wouldn't draw if Odin didn't attack, and for once, Zeke didn't feel like fighting the creature.

Odin Murk
Aug 27th, 2002, 03:17:17 PM
:: Odin snorted... of course he did, being the only cold blood reptilian most of the time. But that had never bothered him, it was just an ever present fact that the inferior's were over populated.::
Yessssssss, why do you ask Zeke? Are yoor friends giving you a harrrrrrrrrrrd time?

Zeke
Aug 27th, 2002, 03:32:22 PM
"Sorta. Say I'm immature an' stuff."

Zeke had a sudden thought, wondering why he should be telling Odin this. But oh well. He might make a friend, even a Jedi of the lizard if they talked some.

"What do they say about you?"

Odin Murk
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:21:25 PM
:: Odin smirked but cast a sad look to the ground, faking pathetic emotions only a mammal could really have. Zeke was in need of a companion, he must've been very desperate if he was willing to talk to Odin. Odin subtley sent thoughts into Zeke's innocent mind. Thoughts of weakness and anger, he was too weak in the eyes of the jedi, and that caused anger to rise up because he believed otherwise. Odin kept feeding these into Zeke as he spoke.::

The other sith call me the inferior, only becausssssssse I'm different. But they do not undestand how strong I am! Do you know of what I speak? When they find you different, so you're persssssssssecuted and considered not good enough? Do you Zeke?

:: Odin had probed Zeke slightly before appearing before him, these words would seem to make perfect sense to Zeke's ears. It was what Odin had just described as his problem but he knew that this was really the morsel's own internal conflict.::

Zeke
Aug 28th, 2002, 07:58:42 PM
"I've fought hundreds of Sith. I've saved villages, people, I've done alot in the time here..."

Zeke fought down the odd feeling inside him. It wasn't happy, and he didn't like it. He focused on May, his friend from years ago, and his Master, and the Bar and Grill, seeking happy memories.

"Would you stop it, already?"

Odin Murk
Aug 29th, 2002, 07:54:04 PM
:: Odin shook his head.::
Stop what mammal? I have done nothing but speak so far.
:: Odin used the thoughts in Zeke's present mind and transformed them, showing him different things. The girl dies because the council doesn't act, and Zeke can't save his friends at the bar because he isn't a knight, and his master burns in the temple all because of the council's failure to make Zeke a knight, because he can't become what he needs to become. His five secrets becoming five lies. All of these were thoughts Odin slowly fed into the back of Zeke's mind. No longer placing notions but fears...::

Zeke
Aug 29th, 2002, 08:03:47 PM
Zeke sneered at Odin.

"Back off, lizard man..."

His hands tightened on his sabers, then he forced himself to let them go.

"I'll overcome every obstacle. Even you someday, Odin. You'll see."

His voice was low, full of determination. His face was severe, lacking its usual happy smile.

"I won't turn. I won't give in to you."

He jumped off the monument, landing nimbly on the ground.

"I may not have the ability now, but someday I will. That's what counts. I will protect my friends at any cost, and I can't do that as a Sith. Nice try though."

Odin Murk
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:38:46 PM
:: Odin shrugged, oh well, so the mind tricks didn't work on creautres that were too stupid to sucumb to them. Odin watched the mammal lands nimbly on the ground and merely stuck his tongue out, letting it clean his eye before he stood up. He'd try later, when he had more time to develop the ability. And as for Zeke's annoying pratter...::
Shut up morssssssel!
:: The spikes flew from odin's claws. 10 foot long spikes flying at high speeds aimed for Zeke, and they had spread out. Zeke might dodge some but one would hit him. and that was all odin needed.::

Zeke
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:49:30 PM
Zeke dodged, pulling his sabers and igniting them. A few clipped him, but he stood still.

"Nice one. But now's not the time."

Odin Murk
Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:32:31 AM
:: Odin begged to differ.::

Really? Then when is? I'll be sure to make it an appointment.

:: He opened his maw and watched as the osmose devices implanted in him from the synthetic claws activated. Zeke had miniature lightning bolts racing up and down his body and Odin just stood there taking in the minor force consumption that the devies created. These weren't nearly as good as the cage but nonetheless they would keep Zeke from enhancing himself at all.::

Zeke
Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:42:04 AM
Zeke ignored the bolts from where the claws had cut him and deactivated his sabers.

"When it is time...I'll come for you. And we'll settle this."

All of Zeke's fights with Odin had been on the lizard's terms, on his ground, with his advantages. Zeke wouldn't do it again. He refused to be dragged off to the medbay a third time. He turned and ran into the jungle.