PDA

View Full Version : An Ascension...The Raising Of A Knight...(Attn. Council!)

Xazor Elessar
Aug 23rd, 2002, 02:19:38 PM
The Knight Xazor, walked down the halls of the Temple Avalon. Butterflies rose in her stomach with each step that she had taken. Nonetheless, a smile lit up her face as she went...until she stopped in front of the doors to the Council Chambers. This was the moment....and with thoughts running through her mind, she took a deep breath...and stepped through the doors. Walking to the middle of the room, she stopped and bowed to the group...and took another nervous breath. Today she would bring forth her Padawan, Chance...for promotion to Knight. Perhaps she was more nervous about this than anyone she ever knew who had promoted others....but this was one of her first Padawans...and the first one she would ever promote. Flatening out the creases in her robes, she let her eyes wander from face to face of her fellow Council Members.

"Greetings great Council of the Jedi. This day I wish to make a request....I bring forth the promotion of my Padawan, Chance. He has proven himself time and time again....and has been trained beyond my expectations. There is nothing more I can teach him...for now, he must journey forth and learn new things on his own...things that I have yet to experience as well."

Shifting her weight nervously, Xazor smiled, despite her uncertainty. This was the right thing to do...even if she did not want to loose him to Knighthood. He had become a good friend...someone she trusted with her life. Taking a deep breath once again, she resumed speaking.

"He has befriended many here...and has become one of my closest friends as well. He would give his life for anyone in this Order....and would even give his life for the cause of the Jedi. He is noble, dedicated...and committed to this cause. Hence...he is ready for Knighthood."

With her piece said, Xazor bowed once again and stepped back to let the others speak what they wished on the matter. She was still a bit nervous...even though she was there and had already spoken....so by the Force, she calmed herself and closed her eyes briefly, before looking up at the others and waiting in an awkward silence....

ooc: Here are a few threads that he has been a part of....

His first mission. (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19860&highlight=Fighting+to+endure)

A trying time for him. (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20778&highlight=Kanji)

A test I arranged for him. (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20114&highlight=Kanji)

Our first training session. (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19462&highlight=Kanji)

Though unfinished, he was here too... (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20307&highlight=Test)

Another Test (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21396&pagenumber=1)

He has also sparred many Padawans and battled a few Sith. Currently he is in a fight with Vega where he looses his sight. I thought that these links were sufficient, though. :D

OOC: BUMP!! HEYA THE REST OF THE COUNCIL! ;) :lol :mneh

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 23rd, 2002, 02:33:22 PM
I find no reason to deny your Padawan his ascention, based on the records you have shown me, and his past experiences.

My vote is yes.

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 23rd, 2002, 05:07:58 PM
Although I usually say that three months is far too short of a time, you have shown that not only is he a worthy candidate, you are also an excellent teacher.

My vote is also yes.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 23rd, 2002, 08:02:24 PM
Xazor smiled at Anbira and Ryla....blushing slightly at her friend's comment.

"Thank you Ryla....but honestly, it was his work that brought him this far. I can only teach the lessons.....it's the student who has a choice....and that choice is what to do with what I teach them."

She grinned, despite her continuing nervousness. Placing her arms behind her back, she grasped her hands together nervously and waited for other members of the Council to speak.....

imported_Lance Stormrider
Aug 23rd, 2002, 08:09:05 PM
:: Lance stood near the council listening to the ascencion of his friend Chance...it was good to see new knights...and wondered when he would get promoted.::

Liam Jinn
Aug 24th, 2002, 02:34:00 AM
I say yes to this matter, Chance earned it.

Master Yoghurt
Aug 24th, 2002, 08:12:42 AM
"Your Padawan has done very well, Xazor, and you have done an excellent job instructing him. Your efforts are to be commended. I see no other option than to recommend the Council promoting Chance to the rank of Jedi Knight. My vote is therefore; yes."

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 25th, 2002, 03:08:35 PM
"I concur with the rest of my fellow Council."

There was no reason to repeat what has already been said. Navaria agreed and held no arguments to why Chance should not be promoted.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 25th, 2002, 07:06:03 PM
ooc: Is that enough votes? There are only two people left to vote.....I think.....yeah, only two. So should I just edit this and Knight him??

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Aug 25th, 2002, 07:15:03 PM
OOC~ I believe that should be enough. Even if the other two vote no, Chance has enough to be Knighted. Unless, someone in the Order questions the decision

:: glares ::

:mad :p :lol

Xazor Elessar
Aug 25th, 2002, 07:18:50 PM
ooc: :lol Okay......then I shall commence.....

ic:

The Knight bowed to the Council and grinned to herself...looking down at her Padawan. She turned to him and bowed....then from her back, drew a silver sword. Chance knelt to one knee and lowered his head.....then Xazor took the sword and tapped him gently on each shoulder.

"I hearby Knight thee, Chance.....congratulations!"

She grinned and re-sheethed the sword......waiting his reaction. It was a happy moment indeed and brought a tear to Xazor's eye.....

Chance
Aug 25th, 2002, 07:44:40 PM
Chance had waited beside Xazor in silence. Awaiting as each council member spoke, he could not see them of course for he was blinded.

Although, he could see the grey and white shimmers of the Force around each one of them as well as Xazor beside him. As each member voted in his or her opinion, Chance's hopes and joy rose extremly.

Then Xazor turned to the blind padawan. He heard the creaking of her clothes as she bowed over, and Chance repeated the jesture before kneeling to one knee. The noise of the sword was faint for a second, and then quickly rose to a sharp crescendo. Steel scraped across the rough interior of the leather, the ringing noise growing and finally making the loudest part as it left the scabbard, a sort of ping with an echo and soon felt the small weight on each of his shoulders and Xazor's calm and joyful voice telling of his new rank and silent responsablities.

The Blind Boy rose from his knee, not that of a padawan, but that of a Learning Knight.

"Thank you, Xazor. For teaching me of things I would've never learned if I had not have come here."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 25th, 2002, 08:05:22 PM
Xazor smiled and let her tear fall.....though he could not see it. How it broke her heart that he could not see her joy for him.....or fully enjoy the moment. Lowering her head, the Knight nearly fell into Chance.....wrapping her arms around him in a tight embrace.

"You will bring honor to this Order and do great things.....Knight Chance...."

She whispered softly in his ear. Another tear fell as she pulled away from her former Padawan.....and now......fellow Knight. It was a proud moment for both of them....though the parting was such sweet sorrow. Their bond would last, though.....she knew it.....

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Aug 26th, 2002, 07:59:45 PM
OOC: :eek Late!! BTW....you have my vote Chance :)

Xazor Elessar
Aug 26th, 2002, 08:46:50 PM
ooc: :: Huggles Leia :: I figured you would probably vote yes anyway........ ;)

BTW......There is a party in the B&G for him if ya'll wanna go! ;)