PDA

View Full Version : Distances (complete)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 23rd, 2002, 12:37:08 AM
Naboo.

It had been perfect for business, and now that that particular business had been handled, she'd decided to linger for a few more hours.

No more bars for right now though. She'd had her fill of them. She needed some peace; some quiet.

And then it'd be off to Yag'Dhul to finish going over her plans with Hyde.

But for now, she would enjoy her solitude.

s'Il had wandered from the outskirts of Theed, where she'd spent the last two days in, making her way out into the grasslands of Naboo. The wind was a gentle breeze, and the sun was partially obscured by cloudcover; she loved it.

She spotted a tuskcat off in the distance, and stood watching it for a few minutes before continuing on in her trek.

After a few hours of aimless wandering, she came by a small brook, and lowering into a crouch, she ran two fingers through the cool, clear water. Ripples formed at her fingertips, traveling outward and down with the current.

s'Il smiled faintly.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 23rd, 2002, 12:44:34 AM
Across the brook, a large wolf bounded down from a grassy hill, with the forests behind him as a backdrop. Large and sleek, his fur rippled with powerful muscles, a silvery gray sheen to it. He paused at the water, regarding S'Ilancy with eyes that gleamed with what seemed a conciousness behind them. Its head lowered cautiously to the water's surface, pink tongue lapping at the cool water...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 23rd, 2002, 12:52:44 AM
The appearence of the wolf startled her to some degree, but s'Il did nothing except regard the animal with a curious metallic gaze. There was something behind those eyes, something more than what stood before her now, but she said nothing; simply staring at him. Her fingers remained kissing the water's surface, and her pinky twitched slightly.

In the distance, the tuskcat snorted once, catching the wolf's scent, and s'Il turned her head to look at the far off animal as it stared at the peculiar duo of woman and wolf.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 23rd, 2002, 12:56:04 AM
The animal's head rose slowly, tongue sliding against muzzle to capture the last bit of water. Its gaze never left her...even as the tuskcat protested its presence. After minutes of the silent exchange, the wolf slowly loped away, disappearing past the grassy ridge from where it came.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 23rd, 2002, 01:07:28 AM
Now that was odd...

And yet, somehow, the sudden arrival and subsequent departure of the wolf made a sort of sense to her.

With a shrug, s'Il hefted herself up and began to make her way back from where she'd come. Her footsteps quickened into a jog, and soon she was loping through the grasslands at a steady pace.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 23rd, 2002, 10:19:20 AM
Some distance away, rising smoke could be seen beyond the trees. A campfire, perhaps.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 23rd, 2002, 09:28:57 PM
The smoke caused her to slow her gait, and s'Il ambled to a stop while staring at the rising plume and wondering who it was who could be out in the solitude of the planet's wilderness. She let out a sigh, then looked to the sky, shielding her eyes against the setting sun.

There was still a few hours of daylight left, and she didn't really have anywhere pressing to be any time soon, so with a shrug she began heading for the rising smoke. Her pace was slow, and she took her time wading through the sea of grass.

A herd of shaaks could be seen off to her right, and she cast them a stare before trudging on.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 23rd, 2002, 09:36:10 PM
As she approached the fire, she saw a man, sitting cross-legged with his back toward her. On the fire, there was a small spit, which was empty. As S'Il approached, the man seemed to hear her, rising to his feet. Once she was near enough to his silhouette, she realized that he was completely nude, and seemingly not the least bit ashamed of his predicament.

"I'm afraid you're a bit too far for Theed, its a few kilometers south."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 23rd, 2002, 09:43:13 PM
"I'm not looking for Theed," s'Il said quietly as he stood before her.

She sighed, then tilted her head to the side, regarding his face. The fact that he was without apparel didn't bother her in the least; she'd seen men in the buff before; it was nothing new to her.

Wrapping her arms around herself, s'Il turned slightly to halfway face the way she'd come.

"I kind of came from Theed as it was...

"It got too loud."

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 24th, 2002, 06:22:42 PM
He stretched his arms wide, and only after relaxing, reached for a modest pair of pants, sliding them on. He smiled slightly, hands at his side.

"Cities have that effect. I can only take so much. People seem to flock there to make a living, but to actually live...you have to be out here"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 24th, 2002, 06:46:46 PM
She nodded, her metallic eyes glinting in the firelight. Sighing, s'Il stepped closer to the fire, its warmth a welcome sensation on her exposed skin.

"There's other things besides simply being 'out here' that make things worth living for."

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 24th, 2002, 11:58:21 PM
"Its a start, at least."

With a single bound, he leapt up into a thick support branch of a tree, eight feet above the ground. Sitting atop the branch, he let his legs dangle.

"Of course, that all depends on what you do with your time, Miss?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 25th, 2002, 12:58:02 AM
"s'Il, just s'Il...."

She trailed off, staring up at him as he perched over her.

"... and you are.... ?"

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 25th, 2002, 01:02:58 AM
"Name's Will."

He flipped over the branch, using his momentum to pivot around it with his waist, before extending his arms, swinging around once by his hands, and touching down on two feet on the ground once more.

"Will Bedford."

He smiled strangely at her, a wild glint to his blue eyes.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 25th, 2002, 01:21:05 AM
s'Il watched with mild interest at the man's actions, and as his feet touched ground once more, she let out a small laugh.

"Well Mr. Bedford; it's been a pleasure to meet you, but I think it's time for me to head back. My curiosity's been sated, and unfortunately, I have a schedule to keep."

s'Il turned, giving Bedford a small two fingered salute. "Take care."

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 25th, 2002, 10:57:16 AM
"Leaving so soon?"

He tossed his hair back.

"You just got here."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 26th, 2002, 01:01:11 AM
s'Il stopped to look back at him.

"I only came over here to placate my curiosity. I've been satisfied, and now I have to go back to the drudges of everyday life."

She smiled then. "Although I enjoy my job, so going back isn't too much of a hassle."

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 26th, 2002, 01:16:48 AM
"Its an awful long ways back to Theed, s'Il. Do you normally make such a large excursion alone?"

He approached her slowly.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 26th, 2002, 01:23:19 AM
"I've made longer excursions on my own before; this isn't too bad."

She watched him approach her, and her eyebrows raised.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 26th, 2002, 01:26:53 AM
"Its hard to find women of your caliber. You've got a demeanor to you that most smugglers in this galaxy would kill for."

He gestured to the base of her neck, sliding down the v-line of her shirt.

"A token from someone who didn't appreciate that wit?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 26th, 2002, 01:45:36 AM
A grimace graced her features, and she instinctively brought a hand up to brush against the scar.

"Yes well, hazards of the job," was all she said, letting the memory wash over her once more.

"But thank you for your validation."

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 26th, 2002, 02:06:57 PM
"Its all in honesty."

He walked a few paces past her, stooping down to pick up a small stone.

"Are you sure you want to leave so soon? I don't have many chances to use my hospitality. Its a welcome treat."

A small flock of peku peku took flight from a nearby thicket. Diego's eyes traced their movement, his fingers idly positioning the stone in his hand.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 27th, 2002, 12:05:21 AM
"Well," she sighed, watching as he eyed the flock, "I suppose it all depends on the kind of hospitality you have in mind."

s'Il sidestepped to a tree, crossing her arms and leaning her small frame against the wide trunk leisurely.

"I'm not a high maintenence kinda gal, in all honesty, so it doesn't take much to make me happy. And the stuff that I do like, I'm usually able to get on my own."

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 27th, 2002, 12:16:09 AM
With a flick of the wrist, he tossed the stone to s'Il

"Thats exactly what I was hoping to hear."

He smiled, eyes seemingly shining, as he reached down for another smooth stone. Coming up, he seemed to draw a bead...and then sent his rock screaming skyward.

thunk

It hit home, mortally pelting a Peku-peku, and sending the bird careening back to the ground.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 7th, 2002, 06:47:55 PM
s'Il caught the rock he tossed her easily, then watched as he shot his own pebble into the air, sending one of the Peku-peku to the ground in fluttering of limbs.

"You've got good aim there, Mr. Bedford...." she dropped the stone he'd thrown her on the ground, "Mine, however, is less than exemplary."

She offered a lopsided grin. "Makes me wonder what else you're good at."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 8th, 2002, 07:39:20 PM
With a smile, he held a broad hand out to her.

"Well, its hard to find out when you're leaving so soon. Why don't you let your curiosity get the better of you?"

He seemed to smile even with his eyes, and then glanced away after a moment.

"Of course, if you're the kind of person who doesn't mind wild game over a campfire. I didn't exactly make plans for company, but I improvise well enough."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 8th, 2002, 08:03:10 PM
s'Il took his hand; it dwarfed hers immensely, and she felt the callouses on his fingers as they closed around her own smaller hand.

"Curiosity is a dangerous thing, you know," she grinned, shifting her feet to get a better stance.

"As for wild game over a campfire, it sounds good enough for me."

Bedford interested her; his calm approach to her sudden appearence, his somewhat intense yet almost lazy tone of voice, and the way he carried himself piqued her curiosity.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 8th, 2002, 08:47:17 PM
"You have no idea how dangerous."

It was said with a smile, but with just enough uneasiness to cause more than the desired effect of intrigue. Diego sat back, relaxed, as he dressed the bird, arranging stripped feathers in a pile.

"But then again, I have the feeling that both of us only look to validate what we think we already know."

He gestured to her sidearm.

"For one, its a bit overdone for roughing it in the wild. You have a penchant for feeling secure? Or do you like to speak without talking?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 8th, 2002, 10:25:09 PM
The slugthrower nestled in her shoulder holster slid from its protective leather housing as s'Il pulled it out, laying it on the ground beside her as she leaned back on her elbows. Legs crossed out in front of her, she let out a sigh.

"Sometimes it's the latter, but mostly it's just another tool to get the job done."

s'Il cracked her neck. "And as for danger, I've given up trying to avoid it. It always ends up finding me, so I figure all I can do is roll with the punches. It's the best I can do, so I s'pose I shouldn't go outta my way to avoid it.

"Besides. It can be fun sometimes."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 8th, 2002, 11:15:01 PM
"Oh thats definitely true."

Skewering the bird, Diego eased the skewer over a makeshift spit, returning to a leisurely position on the ground, lying on his side.

"Someone once said there's nothing like the possibility of death to make you feel alive. Though, I've never been a fan of guns."

He grinned sheepishly.

"Call me old fashioned, or just practical. Doesn't seem a fair fight."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 8th, 2002, 11:28:44 PM
s'Il grinned again. "I only use this when the need arises. Personally I perfer more melee type weapons.

"I tend to collect swords myself."

The smell of the bird as it cooked reached her nostrils, and she uncrossed then recrossed her legs.

"There's nothin' wrong with bein' old fashioned. Nothing at all."

The night air, and the ambience all around her leant to her already relaxed mood as she leaned back, propping her hands behind her head.

"So then, what is your idea of a fair fight...... ?"

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 9th, 2002, 11:00:57 AM
"Hand to hand. Mano e mano. The sort of fight where you learn exactly what you're made of, instead of keeping tabs on the most toys. Its a push-button world, when you can kill a man from orbit. Anybody can do that. Its a whole different story when you're close enough to see the lights go out from their eyes."

He shrugged nonchalantly.

"Not that I'd put much stock in that. I'm not much of a fighter."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 9th, 2002, 01:18:42 PM
s'Il had to smile as she lounged next to the campfire, letting the warmth seep in through her skin.

"Not much of a fighter," she repeated softly, digesting his words. What he said was true. You could kill a man; whole cities in fact, with just the push of a button while in orbit.

She let out a breath. "That's somethin' not seen much these days. Seems you're always havin' to keep on your toes, watchin' your back for whoever might be out for you. And of course if you got a bounty or a death mark on your head, that complicates things just a little.

"Sometimes I wonder if doin' what I do is even worth it, but then I look back, and in all honesty, I believe it is. I do my best, challenge myself in most everything I do, and if I don't get what I came for, then so be it. There's always the next time."

Her metallic eye blinked as she took in the night air. "If you're not much of a fighter, what is it you prefer to do?"

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 10th, 2002, 12:00:21 AM
"I prefer to live."

For emphasis, he stretched his arms wide, gesturing to all around him.

"Whatever makes me feel alive. Sometimes you can find that in a fight...but sometimes just in lying under a shade tree."

He watched her, and watched the light glance off her eyes. The reflected light seemed to brighten his blue eyes.

"You have very beautiful eyes."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 10th, 2002, 12:10:19 AM
s'Il's eyebrows rose as she stared into the icy blue windows of his soul.

"My thanks," was all she said, letting a slight grin come to her face.

From her prone position; utterly relaxed, s'Il winked at him. "And you have a very nice... physique."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 10th, 2002, 12:16:36 AM
He smiled, turning the spit over.

"Seems you have me at a disadvantage there. I've at least made it easy for curiosity's sake."

Placing a hand over hers, he looked to her.

"Despite my life out here, I abhor loneliness. Seems ironic, but its true."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 10th, 2002, 12:30:11 AM
"It's a sacrifice," she grinned again, sliding her hand out from beneath his and rolling to her side to face him more fully while she rested her head on a hand.

Still gazing into his eyes, she smiled widely. "And besides. Sometimes using one's imagination is a good thing."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 10th, 2002, 09:50:38 AM
"It doesn't have to be."

With a slow, deliberate motion, he leaned forward, tilting her chin slightly with the back of his hand as he kissed her.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 10th, 2002, 10:51:37 AM
It wasn't unexpected, but it still mildy surprised her as she watched him lean in, then kiss her. She wasn't a superficial woman; who by her definition was one who saw the only merit in a man as being his looks, and that wasn't to say Bedford wasn't handsome. He had a rugged appearence, cultivated from years of his lifestyle that seemed to agree with him and make him all the more appealing.

It was a tentative return of affection on her part, and as she pulled away, she kept her eyes locked on his. For a few moments she couldn't think of anything to say, and finally giving up, she said the first thing to come to her mind.

".... You're a good kisser."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 10th, 2002, 10:59:52 AM
He smiled intently, and leaned in again.

"Only as good as you imagine."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 10th, 2002, 11:03:51 AM
As he leaned in again, she kept a constant distance from his face, leaning back with an almost evil grin on her features.

"I don't know.... my imagination is pretty good."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 10th, 2002, 11:21:34 AM
"But it can't keep you warm at night."

Diego turned away momentarily to rotate the spit.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 10th, 2002, 11:34:35 AM
Following him with her eyes, she watched as he turned the bird.

"True... "

She looked away then, studying the darkness between the trees, and every so often her eyes caught the reflection of the firelight, creating a metallic sheen that glinted in the dark.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 12th, 2002, 11:12:13 PM
He gently turned her chin, so that she faced him again. He remained silent, though his eyes were fiery with sultry intent.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 12th, 2002, 11:25:23 PM
Her eyes locked with his, and s'Il remained motionless. A sly grin tugged at the corners of her mouth, and she leaned in a little.

"Given that I hardly know you, this could be a bad thing...

"Or... a very good thing... "

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 13th, 2002, 03:33:13 PM
"You'll never know unless you do."

Diego embraced her, delivering a kiss that crescendoed with passion.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 13th, 2002, 03:49:16 PM
It was a situation she'd never quite found herself in before.

She bit his lower lip playfully before resting her forehead on his.

"Do you normally do this with strange women who wander into your neck of the woods?"

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 13th, 2002, 11:16:48 PM
A wry smile appeared on his lips.

"Not usually. Most of the time I turn into a big, howling monster and eat them alive."

The laugh finished the package of disarming sarcasm, as Diego kissed her again.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 13th, 2002, 11:38:30 PM
s'Il grinned at his remark, allowing him to lean in once more and kiss her.

"A big, howling monster, eh... that's the first time someone's used that one on me."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 18th, 2002, 01:18:38 AM
Diego slowly began do disarm her smuggler's sense of paranoia, as they lay intertwined by the fire. He removed his shirt, laying it across the soft forest floor, for S'Il to rest on. Sitting alongside her, he took in her body's form, contours touched delicately by soft firelight. Reaching behind, he removed the spit from the fire, putting it aside.

"Its all a cliche' anyways. I'm tame enough, provided I get what I want."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 18th, 2002, 04:28:05 PM
s'Il was silent for a few moments, looking back into the fire before turning to look him in the eyes, her voice quiet as she spoke. "Sometimes that's the worst thing that can happen, getting what you want."

She leaned on one elbow, resting back from him. "The trick is to know what you're meant to have... "

Her teeth set resolutely.

"Or not to have."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 18th, 2002, 10:27:10 PM
Diego didn't like the way this conversation was going. He allowed her some distance.

"Thats a hypothetical I've never needed to ponder. Should I now?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 19th, 2002, 02:18:17 PM
Her brows raised as she watched him.

"Are you telling me you've always gotten whatever it is you've wanted then?"

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 19th, 2002, 03:55:30 PM
"Not all the time. But if I don't get it, then nobody else does, either."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 19th, 2002, 05:18:03 PM
She let out a long breath, looking into the fire.

I never understood that," she said finally, "... that sense of possessiveness that consumes the soul... "

s'Il leaned up then, resting her elbows on her knees as she kept her eyes on the fire. "Of course I suppose I can be the same way... just in a different arena."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 19th, 2002, 08:00:40 PM
"Smuggling?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 19th, 2002, 08:05:43 PM
"Not particularly."

She grinned then, looking over at him. "Artwork."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 19th, 2002, 08:40:27 PM
"I've always found that art reflects life. If thats true, then what are you waiting for?"

Diego smiled, caressing her.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 19th, 2002, 08:57:30 PM
Reaching out, s'Il grasped his wrist in a light grip and deflected it away gently.

"Nothing, really. I just don't make it a habit to sleep with strange men I find in the woods."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 19th, 2002, 09:45:12 PM
"Is it the environment that frightens you, or...?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:02:31 PM
"No, I'm not frightened; just being careful."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:43:29 PM
Diego smiled.

"You're afraid I will hurt you?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:20:18 PM
s'Il grinned then, lolling her head to the side to look at him while at the same time pulling her firearm closer to her. "No, I'm not afraid you'll hurt me...

"Should I be?"

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:27:49 PM
"A little fear goes a long way."

Diego advanced on her, putting his hand over hers, which kept her firearm in its holster. He redoubled his advances, and his kiss left nothing in wanting as to his intentions. His other hand reached across her back, sliding against the fabric of her shirt.

"If you only knew what I could offer you, you wouldn't be afraid of me."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:34:09 PM
His hand over hers, denying her access to her gun caused her to pause, and in that instant he'd used it to get closer to her, his intentions clear. Her free hand moved, fast as lightning, to the concealed knife in the small holster at the small of her back.

In one smooth motion she'd pulled it from its protective hideaway, and Bedford was suddenly made aware of the razor sharp blade tapping menacingly against his groin.

Her metallic gaze narrowed into steely slits.

"You keep on like this and I'll change what team you play on."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:45:00 PM
"You're wasting your efforts, fighting me."

Diego's voice was calm, despite S'Ilancy's overtures.

"Let me tell you something. I've been...untruthful."

He smiled, gently easing the knife away.

"My name is Diego."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:55:38 PM
"Fine... Diego... "

s'Il grit her teeth as he moved the knife back, and with a flick of her wrist had it up to his throat, pressing dangerously against his skin yet without enough pressure to draw blood.

Yet.

"... I suggest you get off me."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:58:56 PM
"As you wish."

And with that, Diego withdrew. His eyes remained fixated, however.

"You can put your knife away. I'm unarmed...and mean you no harm."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:08:50 AM
Giving him a cautious stare, s'Il returned the knife to its sheath. Snapping the clasp to her holster closed, she leaned forward, once more resting her arms on her knees.

"You coulda fooled me," she grumbled, picking up a twig and tossing it into the fire.

"Anything else you're forgetting to tell me?"

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:11:09 AM
"Only that I find you incredibly attractive, and I would like for you to stay the night with me."

He smiled, a disarming, and yet, uncomfortable sight to see."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:17:18 AM
s'Il matched his smile, though there was something else; something in his eyes that wasn't quite... she shook her head, clearing her thoughts.

"That all depends," she started, locking her eyes with his, "... what's the catch... ?"

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:20:20 AM
"The catch is that you give as freely of yourself as I give of myself. And that whatever happens, you don't run."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:25:06 AM
She scowled then. "And just how 'freely' are you planning on giving of yourself."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:27:35 AM
"Everything I am, and more."

He eased her weapons away from her.

"You may not understand, but in time, you will be thankful."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:30:23 AM
She fairly snarled at him, gripping her slugthrower solidly as she backed away.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:37:44 AM
"I asked you not to run", he said calmly.

"Don't do this. It makes things more difficult than they need to be."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:00:22 PM
"Just because you're sharing doesn't mean I have to take it."

She remained stock still then, unwilling to relinquish her weapons as she stared at him.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:18:36 PM
Diego closed his eyes.

"If you don't want it, then there is nothing more I can do for you here. I've changed my mind. Leave."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:29:11 PM
Her brows raised at that, and with a shrug, s'Il stepped back.

"Fine." She backtracked then, unwilling to turn her back to him. "Enjoy your bird."

Her eyes bore into him once more before she turned and ran. It would be a long journey back to Theed.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:40:47 PM
She was leaving. Diego didn't open his eyes. Already, her hue was bright in his mind...a trail of amber, at least in his mind's eye, interpeting the scent that now departed. The sound of her pumping feet through the underbrush was repetitive, and mingled with her feminine scent, awash in adrenaline and sweat.

His eyes opened, pupils constricting to dots while yellow irises gleamed. Doubling over, Diego convulsed as muscles reshaped, and tendons repositioned their hold on shifting bone structures. The entire process was painful, like throwing every dislocated joint in a medical book back into place. He gritted his teeth, and grunted breathily as incisors tipped and canines began their speedy growth. A series of pops and his knees bent the wrong way, adjusting the weight he carried and causing his body to fall to the ground. Broad hands with stubby, claw-tipped fingers caught his fall, and as the color of the world left his eyes, a forest of grey and silver hair began to intertwine down his arms, to his paws. He jerked his head back, face elongating into muzzle in a crunching sound, as the final moments of his change were at hand. With a growl, he righted himself, shaking a tangled mane of fur in a uniform motion from his head down to his poison-tipped tail. A stringet of saliva traced down from his menacing maw, as he turned his nose the wind.

Loklorien S'Ilancy's unmistakable trail was a glowing roadmap, betraying her to him completely. In a sudden burst, he followed it, taking in every nuance...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 20th, 2002, 01:07:25 PM
Her muscles ached, and yet still she pressed on, at a pace that was not quite a sprint and not quite a jog. It was good for her, built up her stamina and endurence, and she welcomed the discomfort.

Her eyes remained fixed ahead of her, straining to catch a glimpse of the faint lights of the outskirts of Theed, but she had yet to see any telltale signs of civilisation come into view. It was almost completely dark, save for the stars and moon above, but they did little in the way of adequate illumination, casting shadows everywhere. Noises as well had seemed to be amplified, and she found herself speeding up just a little, despite her muscle's protestations otherwise.

And then she felt it. That unshakable feeling of being followed. She ground to a halt, her legs quivering just a little as they were allowed the momentary respite, and standing for a few seconds to catch her breath, she slowly turned around, her eyes searching for... anything...

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 20th, 2002, 01:12:11 PM
In the deepening darkness of the forest, the sound of rushing feet could barely be heard over S'Il's breath, but she could see the light of the moon, cast back to her in the form of two yellow orbs, which were approaching her rapidly.

Through the eyes of the beast, the aura of amber scent was reaching its nexus. The stark contrast of his sight showed her outline, crisp against the city's distant backdrop. As he rushed onward, her labored breath set a tempo for the chase. If a vornskr could only smile...

...it would be even more frightening.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 20th, 2002, 01:34:47 PM
She saw them; those two yellow eyes burning right into her, lunging closer with each powerful stride, and she could vaguely make out the outline of...

A vornskr... ?

She paused for a few seconds as the animal got closer...

I don't have the force... why the hell is it chasing me... ?

And then she did move, bolting. Her hand sought her knife, and she drew it out, ready to defend herself. Her boots hit the soft soil in a harsh beat, and she ran as fast as her screaming muscles would allow. Her hair wihpped behind her, her breathing hard, and as she sprinted, her ears could almost pick up the animal's footfalls as he pounded after her...

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 20th, 2002, 02:32:12 PM
Fast as she could be, she couldn't be fast enough. Diego's form allowed for far more speed, nearly effortlessly. He bounded toward her, springing as he cleared a small ridge. Stretching out, he narrowed the gap as he went airborne.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 20th, 2002, 02:48:37 PM
Turning, s'Il threw up her hands, her knife clenched in one fist as she whirled to face the vornskr more fully. She didn't make a sound as she set her teeth resolutely, ready for that which she had no chance of outrunning.

Her feet firmly planted, she braced herself to meet the animal head-on.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 20th, 2002, 03:23:46 PM
Her knife hit home, driving into the animal's ribcage. With a yelp, it tumbled atop her, and the two went sliding down the ridge. As they fell, S'Il felt a burning, stabbing pain in her back, which seemed to sear through the muscles of her lower back. As they came to a stop down below, the vornskr rolled away, whimpering as it flailed to remove the knife from its side. For S'Il, there was no bladed implement within her. There wasn't hardly any blood to match the pain she felt. There was a hole the size of a quarter in her shirt, which revealed a small puncture mark, which was surrounded by an island of inflamed skin. Within moments, S'Il soon began to feel extreme disorientation, and near vertigo, as sweat beaded on her face.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 20th, 2002, 03:42:51 PM
She arched her back in unimaginable pain as she lay writhing in the grass. Thankfully the vornskr had rolled off of her, dealing with the knife she'd managed to plant between his ribs, and as she lay gasping for air, she quieted her movements. Her chest rose and fell as she dealt with the pain, feeling it spread though her entire body.

She curled in on herself, feeling waves of dizziness wash over her.

She reached a hand out towards where the animal rolled about, and ever so slowly, began pulling herself towards the vornskr.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 20th, 2002, 04:58:12 PM
Diego panted in rapid, shallow breaths, laying on his side, and unable to pry the blade out. He looked to S'Ilancy, eyes watching her with a curiosity that seemed to rise above his own pain. The Lupine knew well enough that painful as his wound might be, he would recover quickly.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 20th, 2002, 06:48:17 PM
He only watched as she came closer, agonizingly slow and having to stop every so often to fight off the waves of pain and vertigo. But she pressed on, crawling her way to where the animal lay panting. Her breath came out in pain-wracked groans, and as her shaking hand reached out, she ran her fingers through the once soft fur of his chest, now matted in blood.

Her hand closed around the handle of the blade, and lifting her eyes to look the vornskr in his luminous yellow orbs, began to gently pull the knife out.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 20th, 2002, 07:18:40 PM
Diego twitched, but made no effort to resist or attack. He continued to stare, as S'Il slowly removed the blade.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 20th, 2002, 09:40:32 PM
The knife slid out easily from the animal's flesh, and s'Il let out a pained sigh, her head falling to the grass as she convulsed once more, curling her body in a fetal position. With a cough she pushed against the vornskr, her eyes still locked with his.

His gaze was familiar, and her mind worked furiously... she'd seen it before...

But nothing was coming together, and her mind was slowly succumbing to the pain shooting through her body.

"Who... are you... "

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 20th, 2002, 09:48:52 PM
A sound that couldn't be described filled s'Ilancy's ears as the vornskr changed. Its sheen of fur retracted over shifting musculature and skeleton, as limbs lengthened, cranium condensed, and torso widened. Now, the figure lying next to her was indeed familiar, with a bloody slit dug into his side. His face was pale, and a sheen of sweat lined his body. Tired blue eyes blinked at her, and his lips turned into a thin smile. His voice was soft.

"You'll know more in two days...than I could tell you in a lifetime of words."

Nodding knowingly, he reached forward, wiping sweat from her brow.

"Now leave. You will live, if treated soon. I hope to find you well, Loklorien."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 21st, 2002, 12:27:10 AM
Her eyes closed, and she let out a whine as she rolled over, leveraging herself up to her knees, and arching her back, let out a hissing breath.

She leaned forward then, catching herself before falling once more and staggered to her feet.

With a last, lingering look to Diego, she stumbled forward in the direction of the lights coming from the outskirts of Theed, taking her first faltering steps into a wholly new life.