PDA

View Full Version : X-Men 2 footage

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:35:39 PM
The official Web site just released official footage that was shown at San Diego Comic book convention here is the link

http://x-men-the-movie.com/exclusive_footage/index.html

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 22nd, 2002, 02:14:53 PM
I just watched it, several time in fact :), it looks great twice the action from the first one, from the footage alone, in the trailer they show, Iceman (not in his mutan form unfortunely), Rogue, Wolverine, Magneto, Xavier, Cyclops, Storm (very briefly), Pyro, Lady Deathstrike (I think that was her), and Stryker (a new bad guy played by Brian Cox) now I am psyched for the movie, I really liked Magneto's line, "The War has begun."

Figrin D'an
Aug 22nd, 2002, 02:52:40 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
... I really liked Magneto's line, "The War has begun."

:)

Ian McKellen is such an amazing actor... he did a great job with Magneto in the first film. I, too, am really looking forward to this one. Just getting to see more scenes of Ian and Patrick Stewart conversing while playing chess will be worth it.

Darth Viscera
Aug 22nd, 2002, 02:53:48 PM
that's loud

fun, too

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 22nd, 2002, 02:57:00 PM
Mckellan looks excellent in it, I am curious about this guy Stryker, I have never read God loves man, Man kills Mutans (I think thats the title of the X-Men noveliztion) I was hoping to see more of Nightcrawler in the trailer but I guess they are saving him.

JMK
Aug 22nd, 2002, 05:35:05 PM
Wow, that looks awesome!
I wouldn't have expected much from the first early teaser. Probably alot more revealing around X-Mas with HP or TTT.

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:31:06 PM
My God, that preview looks amazing! I'm quite sure that will be THE Summer blockbuster next year; it's gonna kick so much ass!

And I loved the use of Holst's "Mars - The Bringer of War" for that teaser too, very effective! :)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:35:31 PM
Yeah it does look awesome, it is the first film of next summer coming out May 2nd a full two weeks ahead of another big film Matrix 2, very much like Spiderman had before SW, not going to say it will make the most money but I bet X-Men 2 will open around 60-80 in its first weekend and will make close to 200 next year, but who knows any more if it is a good as it looks and has more action than the first one it could do even better.

Kelt Simoson
Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:40:06 PM
I know the two chracters are in totaly diffrent situations and such, but i must say that Ian plays Gandalf much better than he played Magneto on X-men 1...

ReaperFett
Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:41:43 PM
I felt he was better as Magneto :)

JMK
Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:43:19 PM
Lord of the Rings was also twice the length of X-Men, even though Gandalf exited just over halfway through...

I think X-Men 2 will make almost the same money as #1; anywhere from 140M to 160M. Possibly more, but it will have to put up with Matrix, and it is a sequel which don't always surpass the original...

ReaperFett
Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:45:55 PM
Flaw with X-Men. Magneto can move metal, yeah? Well, the composites of metal are in the human body. Why cant he move them? :)

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:47:24 PM
I'm really pessimistic about the Matrix 2; what a load of tripe. Neo is eesntially a God now, there is no way they wrote the original with a sequal let alone a trilogy in mind. I'll go to watch it in the theatre but I wont have high expectations at all.

As for X-Men 2, I am looking forward to this one just as much as I am The Two Towers. I have a lot of confidence in this sequal being better than the first X-Men, all the characters are introduced and the s**t seems to have hit the fan. I can imagine this ot be a darker film than the first.

ReaperFett
Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:48:40 PM
Seen now. It didnt overly intrest me to be honest, but I enjoyed the original, which is enough.

Side note. X2? AWFUL name! :)

ReaperFett
Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:49:28 PM
I'm really pessimistic about the Matrix 2; what a load of tripe. Neo is eesntially a God now, there is no way they wrote the original with a sequal let alone a trilogy in mind. I'll go to watch it in the theatre but I wont have high expectations at all.
HE CAN FLY!!!!!! :)

JMK
Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:52:29 PM
There probably isn't enough metal in the human body for it to be of any use to Magneto.

ReaperFett
Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:05:52 PM
peh, wuss powers ;)

That teaser though really should be IT for trailers. Why spoil any more?

JMK
Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:23:16 PM
You know as well as anyone that that isn't even close to the end of the trailers! :)

ReaperFett
Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:24:58 PM
Yeah, have to show all the good parts :)

JMK
Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:26:38 PM
Of course! Do you think people are going to go watch the movies by themselves?:p

ReaperFett
Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:28:38 PM
lol :)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:49:19 PM
LOL true but hopefully they won't give too much away, actually the X-Men trailers were good the first time around they didn't show much the first one where they showed off all the characters was excellent, hopefully they will do one like that again this time. As far as the box office well, its hard to say, I think it will make at least as much as the first one, I think it will do a little more anywhere from 160-200 sounds about right, sure it has the Matrix 2 but it has two weekends to make a lot of money.

Darth23
Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:28:54 PM
Originally posted by Loki Ahmrah

I always though it was obvious that they wrote the movie with sequels in mind.

Neo may be all powerful in The Matrix, but all of humanity is still trapped INSIDE The Matrix. Pluse he doesn't have hardwire access to the whole thing - to direct access to all the machines outside The Matrix.

Admiral Lebron
Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:32:03 PM
Besides, give the agents an upgrade.... >D

TheHolo.Net
Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:12:57 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Flaw with X-Men. Magneto can move metal, yeah? Well, the composites of metal are in the human body. Why cant he move them? :) Its no flaw if you are a follower of the comics. He used what you just mentioned plenty of times in them. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:42:01 PM
I'd like to point out how the AI deals with Neo's powers, but that spoilers

It's quite logical - lock Neo out of the construct and kill him in the real world. Now, I go by the sets of The Matrix nearly everyday (and see the cast occasionally too) and I can say that it is looking like they are gearing up for something quite amazing. The stages are huge, old train workshops at Redfern, Sydney.

Darth Viscera
Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:45:05 PM
Actually, in X-Men #25, when the X-Men had to travel up to Magneto's orbital asteroid to stop him from destroying the earth during the Fatal Attractions story arc, Magneto used his powers to rip Wolverine's adamantium out of his body through his pores. Then he had to deal with the pain in Wolverine #75, but the story arc also involved Uncanny X-Men #304, X-Force #25, and I think Excalibur #76.

*sees people looking at him*

...What? I used to collect X-Men comics. Jeez.

TheHolo.Net
Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:50:40 PM
He could cause people to become unconscious and sometimes even manipulate their movements just through manipulating the iron in their bodies. It was touched on in the comics as well.

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
Aug 22nd, 2002, 10:11:51 PM
AUGH IT DOESN'T DOWNLOAD FAST ENOUGH!! *is dying!!*

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 22nd, 2002, 10:15:46 PM
They should include that in the movies. As far as the Matrix is concerined, I am really not looking foward to it, it just doesn't interest me that much, the two movies next summer that excite me the most is X-Men 2 and the Hulk.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 22nd, 2002, 10:19:05 PM
:crack:crack
I saw it I saw it!

*swoons*

I cannot WAIT! I wanna see it now. :(

Hugh Jackman is..OH SO HOT :)

ReaperFett
Aug 23rd, 2002, 04:23:04 AM
Hulk looks great. Comic films really are starting to get great actors these days.

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 23rd, 2002, 05:33:48 AM
Ian McKellen is still the scene-stealer for me. :)

ReaperFett
Aug 23rd, 2002, 07:46:22 AM
I think hes great because he DOESNT scene steal :)

BTW, was there any difference between the chess pieces?

Jinn Fizz
Aug 23rd, 2002, 09:40:38 PM
Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, I get a 404 error when I try to view the page! :cry :cry :cry

Arya Ravenwing
Aug 23rd, 2002, 10:10:37 PM
One is a clouded plastic, the others are clear plastic. The chess pieces, that is.

ReaperFett
Aug 24th, 2002, 07:40:08 AM
Ahhhh. That explains it. Confusing game otherwise :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 24th, 2002, 12:03:36 PM
I can't believe you didn't notice that in the end of the first film. :)

ReaperFett
Aug 24th, 2002, 12:44:29 PM
I noticed in the first film, but not the footage :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 24th, 2002, 10:21:46 PM
The footage in the trailer WAS from the first film. :)

ReaperFett
Aug 25th, 2002, 05:02:27 AM
I didnt notice :)

dbn
Aug 26th, 2002, 03:52:02 AM
I cannot open it as well...

Elena Van Derveld
Aug 26th, 2002, 03:53:20 AM
:\ Stopped working for me a day or so ago. ick.