PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Squadron: Reactivated!

Wedge Antilles
Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:54:40 AM
The man stood, looking out over the city of Coruscant. He'd been able to remain here, assisting his wife with some of the resistance cells that had plagued the Empire during their second stay on the Imperial Center.

But now those days were over. And Wedge Antilles was again a civilian. The former General liked it that way. His wife, Iella, continued to operate for New Repulic Intel- a posistion she loved and enjoyed. The kids were in school and Wedge was bored.

Rogue Squadron had been disbanded after 15 years of reshaping the galaxy. It had done it's job, paving the way for the New Republic. But now others wanted something else. A 'youth movement' was called for...putting the old guys out to pasture, while bringing in new, younger pilots who numoured in numbers and in expendability. Wedge still chuckled at the situation, even as he took another drink of his cafe.

Wedge had certainly enjoyed his time in the New Republic Military, but he enjoyed marriage more. He was happy with Iella and the life they had. Yet he still felt the flyboy urge...the want...to be behind the stick of an Incom X-Wing starfighter. Back in command of Rogue Squadron.

The former New Republic general and warhero still felt the urge to fight.

Yet the New Republic had yet to talk to him. "We'll call you..." they'd said, meaning it completely. They'd kept him on as an instructor for a few years, then lost contact completely. It was their choice, he'd always thought. They were in command of the galaxy after all.

But that was before the Empire. Before the Sith Order. And before the breakup of the Empire.

Yet he'd still not heard from them. Iella said Ackbar was back in command of the fleet, and Leia Organa Solo was in posistion to be Chief of State again. Those who ran the Rebellion during the Rebellion were now in command of the New Republic. And Wedge was happy for them.

A knock on the door, shook him out of his revior.

"Come in," he said, then somehow kept his jaw from dropping, at the visitors who came in through his door.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Aug 26th, 2002, 10:00:41 AM
::A petite woman entered the doorway as it slid open. She was dressed in an old familar way, wearing a traditional white Alderaan gown with a hood that drapped across her back::

Good Evening General Antilles.

::She said with a smile::

Its been awhile my good friend. I hope we have not caught you at a bad time. But there are some important matters at hand that we would like to discuss with you.

Wedge Antilles
Aug 26th, 2002, 12:33:53 PM
"Chief of State Solo," Wedge somehow got a smile on his face, "A pleasure, and a bit of a surprise, to see you. What brings you to my home? Iella's not expected back for another few days..."

The retired NR General moved over to the cabinant and pulled down several ceramic mugs from the wooden containers.

"I was just about to make some tea..." he then noticed her companions, yet was able to keep the shock off of his face, "Would you and your comanions like some?"

Admiral Ackbar
Aug 26th, 2002, 01:23:53 PM
Leia Solo, the newly instated formal and supreme leader of the New Republic had no sooner greeted the General, before the rest of her companions entered the doorway. One of them were no other than Admiral Ackbar - the commanding leader of the New Republic Navy. As a gesture of politeness, he waited patiently with his arms folded behind his back as Leia and Wedge exchanged greetings. Dressed in his white Calamarian uniform and a full suite of decorations and medals, it was a signal the meeting that was about to take place had the greatest importance. Ackbar's salmon colored high dome shaped head were dominated by the huge fishlike bulbous eyes watching the proceedings with great interest.

Finally, he stepped forwards, reaching out his webbed and flipper shaped hand, ready to handshake the General.. "Wedge Antilles! It warms my amphibian heart to see you again!", he said as his tentacled chins broadened into a sincere smile..

AmazonBabe
Aug 27th, 2002, 05:32:19 PM
:: Though not quite as active as she once was when a part of Rogue Squadron, AB still held the rank of Captain, and was a good freind of Wedge. Leia had been kind enough to introduce her to him long ago when she'd first gone into training to be a Rogue. Now seeing the General again brought fond memories swimming back into her mind. ::

:: She stepped in after Ackbar, letting the Admiral have a go at shaking Wedge's hand before she herself stepped through the door. She favored him with a lopsided grin, extending her hand, and then instead grabbing Wedge in a massive hug as only two comrades of the same squadron could do. ::

It is good to see you again Wedge.

:: She pulled away, giving his shoulder a hearty pat. ::

And looking so good too.

Bet you weren't expecting a party here today, huh?

:: Her smile broadened as she walked over to sit beside Leia, who had taken a seat on the couch. ::

Wedge Antilles
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:33:21 AM
Wedge shook Ackbar's hand, then saluted him afterwards.

"Pleasure to see you too, Admiral."

He shook hands with Amazon Babe then was brought into the hug.

"Good to see you too," Wedge said as he got the plain teapot and poured three cups. He got the Calamari a glass of water.

"You're right, I wasn't expecting a party here today. What's going on? The New Republic doesn't need outdated Fighter Pilots to be called into action again does it?" he chuckled as he made the joke.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Aug 30th, 2002, 09:39:32 PM
::Taking the tea from Wedge, Leia gave a warm smile::

Thank you, Wedge.

::As Wedge inquired about the New Republic's prescence in his household, Leia looked on to Ackbar and AmazonBabe before bringing her gaze back to Wedge::

Well, funny you should ask Wedge. At this current time, we find it important to reactivate Rogue Squadron once again.

::The Chief of State looked on at Wedge, hoping he wouldn't spit up his tea at the news. Leia took a brief pause to take a small sip from her teacup::

I know you might be very well surprised about this news and are probably wondering why we are here to talk to you.

I think I will give the honors of this discussion over to Admiral Ackbar.

::Leia turned to the Admiral::

General Ackbar, if you may.

AmazonBabe
Sep 1st, 2002, 12:09:28 AM
:: AB sat silently, and took a sip of her tea to hide the wide smile on her face at Wedge's reaction to leia's news. She then looked to the Admiral, awaiting his explaination to Wedge. ::