PDA

View Full Version : A Staff Heads Up!

TheHolo.Net
Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:08:59 AM
In case any of you are asked I should go ahead and let you know about something I have recently started doing to help keep our portal page looking fresh.

I have been copying some of what I at least consider the better and more compelling topics from the Films forum. Yeah I missed a few but I have to rely on the quality of the first post being good enough to go on the portal. There was a Script topic that was awesome, but the first post :x ...nevermind back to what I was saying.

Once I have the thread copied I delete the follow up posts from the thread in the Portal forum and with some HTML insert a link that will actually open the complete topic, which still exists in the Films forum, in the same window. Normally when I have been doing this I have been going ahead and sending the automated Pm that tells a user their topic has been moved and gives them links. And that is what some of you may be asked about if they don’t follow the links and see that its just a copy and not an actual move.

I just started doing this on my own because the Portal was starting to look fairly stale to me with the topics it displayed being dated May something.

Let me know your thoughts if you wish to share them. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:21:10 PM
Good idea, it looks a lot better than before.

Master Yoghurt
Aug 22nd, 2002, 02:00:59 PM
Yeah, the portal looks a lot better now having some updated content. Very good idea.

JMK
Aug 22nd, 2002, 05:56:24 PM
Very good thinking.
Both of my posts were moved over there, but I didn't care enough to question why they were moved, as long as they weren't deleted. :)

Nice work.
Do you have formal HTML/web training, or were you forced to pick this up as you went along?

TheHolo.Net
Aug 22nd, 2002, 05:59:58 PM
:)

:lol

I taught HTML in a junior college. :p