PDA

View Full Version : Six Flags: Recap

Sage Hazzard
Aug 21st, 2002, 11:24:10 PM
Okay, I haven't posted for while. Two reasons: One, connection has failed frequently. Two, too tired to, after Six Flags. I walked around for seven hours in brand new shoes, bought the day before. They did hold up better than I thought. Considering they were the only pair I could get, me needing a size 14 Wide. I thought it'd be a horror, seeing as how I had to just get it, without a wide selection. There were two others, but one was too narrow and the other too ugly looking. Anyway, the trip was worth it, and I want to share the rundown of rides.

First off, Six Flags is an Amusement or Theme Park, which ever you want to call it. Think Disney World/Land, but with Warner Brothers owning it, not Disney. The big WB owns the joint and it shows with licensed rides, etc.

Titan - A steel coaster that towers at a crazy height, somewhere around 250 ft. It reaches speeds of 75 MPH and the first drop is the most thrilling experience you can have on a Roller Coaster.

Mr. Freeze - I'd never gone upside down or backwards on a ride before, this does both. It's licensed after the Batman villian of the same name. The entrance is awesome too. It's just a big snowman looking face that says something like "Snowcones". You have to figure out it's the entrance to the ride.

Okay, this thing goes from 0 to 70 MPH in under 3 seconds. It goes so fast and quickly, you hardly know what's happening. The highlight of the ride is when you go STRAIGHT up, to a hieght of something about 250 ft. then drop back down and do the whole thing going backwards. It's amazing.

Batman - The story's lame, the ride isn't. For some reason, they have a story for this roller coaster. Something like Batman has to evacuate the city, so creates a roller coaster to do it... okay.... Anyway, it's an inverted steel coaster. Meaning your feet are dangling beneath you. I counted about three loops and three corkscrews through this monster. It was awesome and unlike Mr. Freeze, you were completely aware of every turn, dip, and loop. Mr. Freeze kind of just shot you out and back so fast, you were still screaming when you got back into the station.

Runaway Mountain - This ride would be so lame if it weren't for the main drawing point. The entire thing's in pitch black darkness. Although I was able to call the first drop because of the light of the entrance behind us. Pretty cool.

Texas Giant - It's a mini Titan, except wood. This means it shakes your buns right from under you. You slam against the seat, your buddy, and everything else. When it stops, you'd swear you were still bouncing around.

Well, those were the highlights. I'm actually going back a week after my birthday (this sunday). It was just too fun to stay away. And there are still rides I didn't get a chance to go to. All in all it was awesome. :)

Chase Starwalker
Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:28:11 AM
sounds like somone had fun :)

take me with ya! :D

Zeke
Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:45:32 AM
Hey, we got one o' those. I liked Batman alot.

Zasz Grimm
Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:51:46 AM
Sage, you must live near me somewhat. I go to that one all the time, went there about 3 weeks ago.

I couldn't ride freeze, a 2 hour wait, couldn't ride it. Curse my long legs.

imported_Lance Stormrider
Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:27:36 PM
Ohhhhh Mr. Sagey had fun

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 22nd, 2002, 03:07:22 PM
I went to Six Flags over Georgia in July..and we went on "Deja Vu" which sounds like "Mr. Freeze" exactly.

I was terrified! On a good day I can tolerate some rollercoasters..but Charley and Akrabbim made me go on THEM ALL and Deja Vu was the worst. I almost passed out. :)

It was sort of fun. ;)

Liam Jinn
Aug 22nd, 2002, 03:55:28 PM
Yes Zasz, that sounds like the one in...dunno if I should say, but Zasz lives near me :) Sage, you should've ridden Dive Bomber Alley...or whatever they call it now n days. They strap you in a body-vest type thing, connect you to cables and raise you up a hundred and fifty feet I guess. When you reach the top, you pull a rip cord and down you go! Oooh fun, even though it's the only ride that costs money.

Figrin D'an
Aug 22nd, 2002, 10:31:18 PM
The Six Flags parks are pretty good, for the most part.

If you want roller coasters though, two words folks: Cedar Point.

:D

Sage Hazzard
Aug 24th, 2002, 01:32:21 AM
Yep, Zasz, you live near me bud. Oh, and Liam and Zasz, the one you're talking about is the one I'm talking about. I know where you two live from past experiences on the board. :)

Dive Bomber Alley cost extra, that's why I didn't go on it. But between me and my oldest brother weighting in at 200+, plus my other older brother, I'd be afraid the dang rope would snap. We did walk right under them as they were swinging. I swear one of them spit on me. I didn't notice it until later, when a big glop of wetness was on my shirt. Dang thrill seekers! :lol

I didn't get to go on the Flashback, Shockwave, or Wildcatter(formerly, Cliffhanger, or prior to that, G-Force). The reason is because after Batman I was so sick that I felt like I was going to throw up. That was the last looping or corkscrewing ride I went on because I felt woozy all day after that. I'd never gone upsidedown before!!! Even when I go swimming I never do handstands or anything, I just don't like it! But it was fun man. My oldest brother guilted me into going on Mr. Freeze, saying I'd regret it. Even though I got sick, I wouldn't take it back.

Oh, when we went there a band was playing live. I think it was Craive, Crave, Crane, or Craine. Can't remember. They were pretty good for a no name band. I hope they go places. I've never heard live music before either, so I had multiple firsts. :)

I'm so excited. Sunday's my birthday. Then the next weekend we're going back to Six Flags! :D

Figran: I've heard of Cedar Point. I watch the Discovery channel all the time and they sometimes have specials on theme parks and roller coasters, etc. I've always wanted to visit it someday. Could you happen to tell me where it's at?

Quick Note: Mr. Freeze was a baby ride almost. It went so fast you never really experienced being upsidedown. Also, I noticed that going upsidedown feels exactly like beign rightside up. It's just like someone flipped the scenerery, not you. Weird feeling.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 24th, 2002, 12:38:47 PM
a Baby ride!

:cry

Liam Jinn
Aug 24th, 2002, 06:38:15 PM
:lol

I still love you LD :)

Figrin D'an
Aug 24th, 2002, 09:33:46 PM
Sage: Cedar Point is just outside of Sandusky, Ohio. The park is actually on an island just north of the city, out on Lake Erie, in the north-central part of the state. Best rollercoasters around... Millennium Force, by itself, is well worth the trip.

Xenodoros Stormrider
Aug 24th, 2002, 11:35:19 PM
Ah yes, good ol' Six Flags.

It's all about Six Flags Magic Mountain here. Located in California.

Hmm... I wonder how Six Flags is doing with La Ronde... *stabs Lance*

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
Aug 25th, 2002, 12:23:33 AM
*huggles Liam* Just pretend I'm not an 8 yr old Cizerack girl...but instead...am....

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 25th, 2002, 12:26:58 AM
...a hot, temptress of the night! :love

Liam Jinn
Aug 25th, 2002, 12:07:40 PM
No problem :smokin

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Aug 25th, 2002, 10:51:47 PM
:angel

Zasz Grimm
Aug 26th, 2002, 08:12:51 PM
I rode Divebomber once! IT OWNZ!!!!

Me, my brother, and my friend casey were going on it. As we were going up, casey was like...

"Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god."

The whole entire time up. I was just silent with my eyes wide open.

My brother asks.."You ok Philly" (He calls me that for some reason)

I was like, "Yeah, peachy"

Anyway, as we went up, the harness was moving, I thought it was loosening up and was like...SHIAT!

Anyway, we get to the top and the guy yells into the horn from the ground..."Divers ready!?....Pull it!"

Casey pulled it once, I felt the harness shake, but we went nowhere. You know what the worse thing he could have said? He said it...

"Oops"

My reaction..."What do you mean oops!?!? Oops!? WHAT THE FOOK DO YOU MEAN OOPS!?"

The whole time he is tugging on it until it snaps and we go weightless. It was more suspense than anything....

And to Six Flags....

They seriously need a sign next to the thing that says "You must be this tall to ride this"

They need one..."If you are this tall, turn around"

:D

And yeah, Liam is like 1 1/2 hours away, sage is probably same, and if Taylor still lived in Texas, he would be about 2 hours away.