PDA

View Full Version : Winter Storm Advisory

Sanis Prent
Aug 21st, 2002, 09:44:06 PM
(Walking was an exercise in humility now. I had the hand rails for a shred of dignity, but it wasn't much)

Dammit!

(Another wobbly foot slowly reached forward, stumbling for steady ground. I braced, readying for the fall. Unsure muscles wavered against gravity, providing at best...intermittent resistance. My hips shook, and I swayed. With a bead of sweat on my face, I looked to my "audience")

This is frelling ridiculous. Do you have a clown nose for me to wear while I do this.

(I braced harder, staying still. I'd just as soon be back on the hospital bed than put up with this dren)

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 21st, 2002, 09:54:55 PM
"You need to get out and gain your strength."

A familiar voice said, weaving an arm around Sanis' shaky body. It provided more strength but Navaria made it look like they were walking in together then the Jedi helping. Sanis was a proud person after all and everyone in the Bar was watching them.

"Besides, I would think you want to get better. Right?"

She leaned up and kissed him on the nose.

Sanis Prent
Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:11:28 AM
(I smiled in spite of my dour mood. Irony was that she'd likely gotten lipstick on the tip of my nose. Clown's nose indeed.)

Alright, Doc. You're the boss. But isn't there a way to do this that involves laying on a sandy beach with a daquiri in my hand? I feel like I just ran a marathon, and all I did was walk down the stairs.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 25th, 2002, 08:31:03 PM
Navaria rubbed away any traces that she kissed him and led the way inside. The brow nearest Sanis rose, something he could feel against his neck.

"I take it you have an idea already on where to go because you normally do no make suggestions."

Helping him to a table, she let Sanis sit down on his own and took a chair next to him.

"You always have something going on in that head of yours."

Sanis Prent
Aug 26th, 2002, 02:34:19 PM
I have no idea. For vacations, its usually Ithor or Crysalia for me. The only thing I know of on Arcan are the southern mountains. Could get a lodge for a few weeks?

(I sighed heavily with exertion, as I sat)

I can't hit the slopes or hike or anything...but its a room with a view, and away from all this.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 27th, 2002, 07:40:07 PM
Navaria ordered her usual namana juice while smiling intently at Sanis.

"For someone that has no idea, I think it is a lovely one. I have yet to have any real time to myself because of my duties ..."

She slide her hand on top of Sanis' and laced her fingers within his own slowly.

"... especially if it means spending time with you."

The corners of her mouth shifted into a grin, which was accentuated by the glint in those blue eyes.

Sanis Prent
Aug 28th, 2002, 02:59:42 PM
Well...I could think of a few other nurses with better bedside manner.

(I laughed, leaning down for a kiss)

...but, they all seem to be busy of late. Guess I'll have to settle.

(Giving her hand a squeeze, I leaned up from her lips. Glancing to the serving droid, I almost ordered a whiskey outta habit, but I had to curb the instinct. Booze and painkillers weren't gonna mix, and I doubted Nav would be happy with that.)

Gimme a sweet tea.

(The droid rolled away, and I returned my attention to her fully.)

And think of it this way. If you need any of that time to yourself, you can always step up my painkiller dose.

(I winked)

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:14:32 PM
She licked at her lips, almost in a shy gesture, as Sanis ordered his drink. At least he remembered no alcohol. His drinking was almost as bad as his stim smoking days. At least, she like to think in the past tense...

"Step up your dose?"

Navaria knew he was kidding but couldn't help but pretend to be upset.

"How am I suppose to have fun with you when you knocked out."

Then she grinned as a thought came to mind, but didn't say a word.

Sanis Prent
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:20:46 PM
Suppose you could take advantage of me in my compromised state.

(I glanced sideways at her, smiling wryly. Slowly, my eyes began to droop, and my head began to sag ever-closer toward the table.)

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:29:36 PM
Her bright eyes became filled with worry as Navaria quickly cupped his chin. Sanis avoided an almost unpleasant collision into the table.

"Sorry." :(

The Knight's voice was filled with regret.

"Maybe I should not have brought you here ..."

Sanis Prent
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:38:04 PM
Neck. Ow.

(I spoke, my lips slightly muffled by Nav's hands. Easing back up in my seat, I sighed...smiling)

Its ok. Just feeling a little loopy at times.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:40:54 PM
She retracted her hand and looked at him seriously; a sigh coming as well.

"I am not sure. Perhaps I was a bit selfish."

Sanis Prent
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:46:59 PM
(My eyes widened)

Selfish?! Since when?

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:51:10 PM
"I wanted you with me tonight ... Not really thinking that you might not be ready to be out of bed."

Her shoulders drooped but caught sign on the serving driod rolling towards their table.

Sanis Prent
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:56:53 PM
Nav...we both know I would lose my mind if I had to stay in that hospital one more day. I may not be up to speed, but I'm here because I want to be...regardless of how I look or feel.

(I smiled. What amazed me is that she would drag me out in public with me looking like this. I didn't have to look in the mirror to know that I looked quite literally like something the cat dragged in.)

There's no medicine in that hospital that can do me this good.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:11:26 PM
"Well ..."

Navaria started to straightened up Sanis' disheveled hair.

"... you do look scruffier then usual."

His comments finally convinced her otherwise about being selfish. Normally a thought like that wouldn't cross her mind but when things revolved around Sanis, her world sometimes became askew. On the other flip of the coin, he always knew what to say to make her feel better.

"Makes you look more rugged though."

Two drinks were set down. One hot, the other cold as Navaria failed in fending off the giggles.

Sanis Prent
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:15:39 PM
Is it true what they say, then?

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:41:17 PM
Her giggling ceased.

"Who is they?"

Sometimes humor was lost on Navaria. Something that Sanis was used to with Daleethria.

Sanis Prent
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:43:50 PM
Nobody ever seems to know...but I do recall them saying that chicks dig scars.

(He grinned slyly at her. Most of the facial trauma had healed, but there were some trace residuals. It only got worse the further down he went.)

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:56:28 PM
"Oh .... Well ..."

She ran a finger down one of his scars that was hardly noticable on his chin. To her it was quite apparent. The irregular skin indentation could be felt a milimeter deep by the tip of her index finger. It was also three inches long. One of the worse scars that had been caused by the Cizerack.

Which reminded her.

"Why did he attack you anyway?"

Thoughtful eyes forced Sanis to look directly at them.

"You never did tell me."

Sanis Prent
Aug 28th, 2002, 10:09:24 PM
Well...

(I sighed)

...I don't think he ever really liked me. Must've snapped.

(It would be a good explanation for now, I guess. I couldn't hold off telling her much longer)

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 28th, 2002, 10:14:04 PM
"Snapped?"

Navaria sighed.

"He bent your cell bars and almost mauled you to death. There is more to this then simply not liking you."

Sanis Prent
Aug 28th, 2002, 10:27:32 PM
Well...he's not exactly running away with any awards for genius.

(I sighed)

But all that matters is that I'm still here, right?

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 28th, 2002, 10:32:26 PM
"Of course that matters."

Since her hand had yet to be removed, Navaria brought Sanis down to her lips for a kiss ... making sure that her apology was clear before pulling away.

"I am sorry."

Navaria knew there was more to this but Sanis was in no shape to get into it. So for now, the matter was dropped.

Sanis Prent
Aug 28th, 2002, 10:35:08 PM
(I smiled with gratitude. There was a cross to bear here, and painful as it might be, I had a ways to go with it still. I kissed her in turn, suddenly concerned that when the truth did finally come out, if it would destroy what we had.)

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 29th, 2002, 08:36:21 PM
She pulled away with a smile.

"Now that is settled."

Navaria picked up her drink and clinked it against the tea cup. With her eyes closed, she deepened her voice and imitated the gestapo nurse that Sanis had in the hospital. Well, that is what Sanis called her ...

"Fluids, fluids."

Sanis Prent
Aug 29th, 2002, 09:01:19 PM
Yes ma'am!

(I winked to her, gulping down the cool drink. I didn't realize how thirsty I was. When you're on painkillers, you can sometimes neglect the feeling of perpetual cottonmouth)

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 29th, 2002, 09:44:50 PM
Navaria raised a brow and then called over to the serving driod before it rolled away.

"Bring the pot, please."

And pointed to Sanis' empty teacup.

Sanis Prent
Aug 31st, 2002, 09:02:20 PM
(I grimaced as I got my refill)

I wasn't too hard to explain to your bosses, was I? If it were any other set of circumstances, I'd still be in jail facing unfriendly legal standards. What I mean is...you haven't had to do anything that wouldn't be good for your career, have you?

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:12:59 PM
He had a point. Sanis was a known criminal and a Jedi should not use their power and influence for personal reasons. It was also true that it was an accident and no one was killed. But, he did mean to kill Tirsa.

It was hard to justify. Yet Navaria could. There were ebbs and tides that happened in everyone's life. The incident outside the bar was an important ebb in the grander scheme of things. It was an eye opener for one and also, the consequences that followed after were more then enough punishment. Mostly by Sanis' own internal guilt that he still harbored now.

Navaria couldn't understand it but he was holding back something. Something important but she would let him tell her when he was ready. As promised.

"Yes it was. But I got you out did I not?"