PDA

View Full Version : Bored and Alone....

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:08:41 AM
::Verse sat at the bar sipping on a glass of Ale. It seemed allt he Jedi suffered fromt he same thing now adays. That was loneliness. Verse never had to worry about that. That was untill lately. It seemed neing by himself and only talking to a select few was catching up on him. He needed to met and talk to new people. Get involved, or something. Verse yawned and kept sipping the drink.::

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:10:06 AM
"Good afternoon, sir,"

Verse looked up to see the Jedi Knight Dasquian Belargic, who promptly bowed to him.

Kelt Simoson
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:10:57 AM
OOC: Sorry Jenny...

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:18:49 AM
::Verse nodded his head. It was Dasquian. The man that.....with Verse's daughter. Verse would like nothing more than to attack the elf, but that was not the way of the Jedi. Nor would Xazor forgive him. He remebered her words.
'Get to know him father.' Verse desided to do just that. This man HAD to be better that that excuse of a Jedi Shade.::

"Good Day....I guess that right title would be Son-in-Law. Have a drink...."

::Verse ordered another Ale. So far only him and Xazor were strong enough to drink it. That was becauseof teh Garou healing abilities. They didn't get drunk often.::

"Mind you, it's strong."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:21:11 AM
He nodded and pulled himself out a seat as he watched a tender scurry off to get the Ale.

"I hope you don't mind approaching you, sir. Only I thought it would be a good idea to get to know you, what with your being Xazors father and all."

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:25:32 AM
::Verse nodded. The younger man was polite. verse quickly did the math in his head. The boy was frozen for a bit. That put them close to the same age. Irony at it;s best. Both much older than they looked, but didn't show it.::

"I thank you for your kindness. I feel we will be seeing much of each other with my daughter in her....condition if you will. Tell me. Do you love my child?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:27:37 AM
"Very much so. She is the most divine being I have ever met,"

He replied with a proud smile.

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:31:22 AM
::Verse nodded.::

"Good. I can't help but like you. You seem to care alot about Xazor. You seem like a warrior at heart. For now you have my blessings."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:34:48 AM
He bowed his head momentarily.

"My thanks,"

Dasquian looked back up, smiling somewhat as he saw the tender return with the ale. After being handed one of the flaggers, he looked towards Verse - sniffing the drink slightly.

"So, what are we drinking?"

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 09:14:30 AM
::verse smiled.::

"Garou Ale. Mixed with only the strongest herbs. A Favorite of Xazors...."

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 11:06:12 AM
::Verse sniffed the air. A new stench filled his nose. Another Van Derveld. That family seemed to have a smell all to there own. Verse diliked Lupines very much. They acted like a Sub-Garou clan. Almost like Garou that wanted a fancy 'modern' name. He wondered if the things even knew how to wield a Klaive anymore. Verse desided he wasn't worth the time to even care about.::

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 11:14:57 AM
OOC: GRRR I posted in this, I know it! :verymad

Lemme try to remember what I wrote:

IC:

Diego entered the bar, passing by the pair. He conciously moved for a seat as far away from Verse as he could manage. He didn't know him. Didn't even know his name. He knew all he needed to know the moment he walked through the door, and that was enough for him. Garou, obviously. Another bleeding-heart follower of Gaia, or whatever they rationalized their foolishness on. It mattered so very little.

OOC: IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

IC

"Water, please."

Diego closed his eyes for a moment, exhaling deeply.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 21st, 2002, 11:15:42 AM
In the corner of the Bar, the Knight Xazor sat quietly.....adorned in black robes. The hood was drawn up and the shadows covered her face as to not be seen by anyone.....not right now anyway. Sighing, she took a sip of the Ale she was drinking....ironically so, she watched her Father and lover sharing the same beverage. Shifting her weight, she fixed her eyes on Verse......waiting for him to make the wrong move. She knew that he was not entirely happy with her decisions in the recent.....but he had no liking for Shade and did not seem to have a liking for Dasquian either. Sighing, she continued watching him.

If you touch him I swear I will raise my saber against you, Father.....

She spoke softly in his mind, not wishing any disrespect....but she loved Dasquian.....and couldn't stand to see anyone hurt him in any way.....

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 21st, 2002, 11:17:21 AM
"Garou ale? Curious."

Dasquian smiled somewhat. He lifted the keg and again, inhaled the scent, before tipping it and allowing a draught of the liquid to run past his lips. As he did so, he caught sight of Verse sniffing at the air, or doing something of that nature, and lowered the cup.

"Is something the matter, Verse?"

The alcohol welled in his mind, and his eyes unfocused for a moment before fixing back on the Jedi Knight before him.

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 12:07:45 PM
::Verse nodded. He sipped his Ale.::

"Another Ver Derveld. They don't like me much Son."

::Verse didn't look in his daughter's direction. He knew her scent and felt her in the Force. Maybe it was time to show Xazor his true fighting skill and powers. He hadn't felt his blood boil for battle sence his illness had flaired up. Now he had taken his shots.::

"Also, my other child is here. She is worried I am going to hurt you. I rarely fight and only disliked Shade because he kept leaving. She must have missed the part earlier where I said I liked you and you had my blessings."

::Das looked like he was about to look in her direction, but Verse stopped him.::

"Let her look on. This is a man's talk. Some say they lose thier daught in marriage, but I feel I have not. I gained a son. She will see that I have taken you in my heart. It is not something I, nor you, can tell her. she must be able to see it for herself. Tell me. How was the Jedi like during your time?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 21st, 2002, 12:17:07 PM
Dasquian listened and nodded to Shade as he spoke of his 'Van Derveld' and his daughters presence. He was inclined to look around to spot her, but made not attempt. He felt that if she wished to make her presence known to Dasquian, she would do so.

"The world was far less riddled with turmoil than it is now. Myself and my twin brother Aaron trained with Master Yoda, in the temple on Coruscant, for a year or so... though I must admit I am enjoying my time here more than I ever did back in the Republic."

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 12:19:06 PM
Diego's solace was interrupted as another follower of Gaia entered. A woman...and the man's daughter. Diego's eyes opened, and a thick eyebrow arched somewhat.

His glass arrived, but he ignored it for now. Instead, his attention was now precisely drawn to the point he had previously treated with indifferent disdain.

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 12:28:19 PM
::Verse's ears perked up and he heard what he really didn't wish to. The head of Diego turning and staring at him. He took a swing of his drink and asked for a bottle. The tender brought it to him. He spoke to Das through his mind.::

We may have a problem. The other has spoted Xazor. My bet is that he knows me and her are related. Me may be Forced to take action. Hope you are handy in combat.

::Verse smiled. It seemed troubled falled him like a cheap whore. Hopefuly it would rub off on Das. Verse did not wish his daughter, nor his son-in-law to be trapped like he was. he had made many rivals in his life. This was just another name on the list.::

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 21st, 2002, 12:29:51 PM
Dasquian casually cast a glance at the man who was looking towards Verse, before sweeping his eyes across the bar and back to his drink. He took a small sip, cradling the drink in his palm.

That I am, though I imagine the NRSF would deal with him should he cause any trouble.

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 12:35:52 PM
::Verse smiled showing his sharp teeth. He felt alive for the first time in a while.::

Maybe, but I may be forced to....defend you and Xazor. Atleast that will be my story. In my younger days I was a bit wild for a Jedi. I mellowed down. I mellowed down to much. I needed to calm myself, but I did so to much. I will not be like some of the others. This is my home. You don't let people into you house and push you around.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 12:46:05 PM
He watched Xazor as she sat apart from the others. As he watched her, he felt conflicted over many things. The Garou were flighty creatures he'd had no business with, and cared nothing for. Yet, desperate times oft called for desperate measures. Though their clans were ideologically alienated, the blood was the same. Pure blood.

The kind that could sire heirs.

Realizing his lips had grown dry, Diego turned back to his glass, inspecting it closely.

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 01:02:11 PM
::Verse felt Diago staring at his daughter. Verse's blood boiled and he coudl feel the Garou Rage building, but he held it at bay. He didn't like the fact Xazor was far away. If the Van Derveld got jumpy, then he would be much closer to her, that both Verse or Das. Verse desided to call to his daughter.::

"Xazor, I know you are there. Please join me and Das in a drink. If you run over, then I'll pay for yours."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 21st, 2002, 01:17:44 PM
Xazor smiled gently as she watched her Father converse with Dasquian. They appeared to be getting along....and perhaps all was well. Suddenly she felt a pair of eyes upon her. Her own eyes did not need to search the area to find the source.....a Lupine, so they called themselves, and one of the clan she despised at the moment: Van Derveld. Growling deeply, the Knight reached her hand up and removed the hood, turning her head fully to eye the being which continued to stare at her. Then her Father spoke, and she knew why. He doesn't think I can handle myself.... she thought to herself. Growling deeply, she rose to her feet and placed a hand to her lightsaber, then walked over to.....the Van Derveld.

"Greetings.....I don't advise you start anything here. If you admire my looks, take a holo image.....if you are looking for a fight.....it may be the last of your life. Don't look at the wrong people in here.....or you may find yourself.....blind......"

With that, she bared her elongated canines and narrowed her eyes at him...then turned and walked over to her Father and lover....seating herself in the empty chair. Smilng proudly, she eyed the two men for a moment.

"Greetings Father....."

Her eyes shifted to him and she bowed her head, with that she looked toward Dasquian and grinned. Her spirit seemed to glow while he was in her presence.

"Amin mela lle, Dasquian....."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 21st, 2002, 01:36:01 PM
"Mela,"

Dasquian visibly brightened as Xazor sat down. He felt, however, somewhat awkward in the presence of her father showing affection, yet still leant forward to place a quick kiss on the Garou's lips. He smiled softly, though his eyes moved to the man she'd just spoken to.

"Ya naa tanya?-"

Blinking, he stopped himself and lowered his voice.

"Who's that? Do you know him?"

Xazor Elessar
Aug 21st, 2002, 01:49:03 PM
The Knight felt Dasquian's awkwardness as he kissed her....but she paid it no mind and returned the visble affection. Sitting back, she listened to his words....first in Elvish...and then in Basic. Shaking her head, she shifted her gaze to the man....and then back to Dasquian.

"No...I have no idea who he is.....but he is a Van Derveld....I can tell that. I really do not wish to know who he is anyway....so I gave him a fair warning....."

She laughed slightly and sat back in her chair, looking at the Ale that sat before both of them again...then to the one in her hand. Grinning, she took a large gulp of the thick liquid and set it back upon the table.....

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 01:57:06 PM
Diego could hear plainly enough, and what he heard struck through him with white-hot anger. He caged his temper, a hand at his side grasping into a white-knuckled fist as he quaffed down his water. It would not do for such words to be passed about so freely. Not at all. The Garou would know his true nature, of course. It was unavoidable, and practically carried by the wind itself. But no others should know that which seared at the center of his heart, his most honored traditions, and his most reviled past.

Finishing his glass, he stood from his seat, and approached them

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 01:58:21 PM
::Verse spun in his seat. He grinned showing, not just sharp canine's, but a whole mouth of long sharp teeth.::

"Greetings Lupine. Is there something we can help you with or are you plaining to hump my leg?"

::Verse growled low in his throat. he really didn't like Lupines. Not at all.::

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:04:50 PM
The Jedi Knight looked upwards towards the man with narrowed eyes. He could feel the rage within him, and the subtlest of hints of longing for someone ... Xazor. Dasquian leant back in his chair, up-turning his hand so that he was holding Xazors tightly.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:05:07 PM
"Mind your tongue!"

Diego controlled his anger before it could rise any further. He was never apt to letting his emotions get the better of him. Pausing, he closed his eyes, relaxing his fisted hands.

"All of you."

He opened his eyes, looking at both Garou, and the other one.

"I wish to speak to you...but not here.

Quiet and alone."

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:07:49 PM
::Verse saw that he got under this man's skin. He smiled on the inside.::

"Where do you suggest then?"

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:11:01 PM
"Wherever we can talk without interruption. I don't care."

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:12:39 PM
::Verse nodded. He got and walked to the door.::

"Let us step outside. Then we can talk."

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:14:58 PM
"All of us."

Diego's eyes shifted.

"That includes your daughter and your Elven companion."

Diego stepped toward the door, following Verse. He pulled Dasquian along for the ride. He had enough chivalric sense to know Xazor would come as well.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:15:16 PM
Xazor did not like the sound of this meeting, so holding Dasquian's hand tightly....she rose to her feet and followed with caution.....

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:27:00 PM
::Once the group had gotten outside, Verse walked over and stood between the man and his children.::

"I have a couple of rules first off. Rule One. You will not touch My daughter or my Son-In-Law. Rule Two. No threats. Break any of them and we leave. Start talking."

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:29:08 PM
"Now, I make rules of my own."

Diego's thick arms crossed over his chest.

"You will never...ever...utter that name in reference to me again. Nor will you speak it, or insinuate it in my presence."

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:34:46 PM
"There are many names in this wild place. which one are you talking about?"

::Verse smiled. He had an idea what name he was talking about, but wished to make sure.::

Xazor Elessar
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:36:12 PM
Xazor growled deeply and stepped forward slightly, remaining in the hold of Dasquian's hand.

"Yes, which name.....Lupine?"

She questioned, glaring at the man standing before them....

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:41:16 PM
"Any that you have for me, other than Will Bedford."

His brow creased with his stern seriousness.

"I knew that you would instantly know the truth. It was unavoidable. Now, your loose lips have involved this Elf, when he should not be."

His hands lowered to his sides, and Diego looked to the ground.

"Bury my name. My lineage. My race. I have no quarrel with you, if you only do this."

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:44:22 PM
::Verse smiled.::

"He is a part of my family now. My involvements are his involvements. His involvements are my involvements."

::Verse shifted his wieght to his left foot.::

"With that clear, start talking Bedford."

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:48:02 PM
"I've said all I need to say to you."

His eyes once again rose to meet Verse's. The hard edge had returned to them.

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:56:30 PM
::Verse growled..::

"If that is the case, then leave."

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:57:36 PM
"I wait for your promise, follower of Gaia."

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 03:11:17 PM
"I promise then. Hopefully there will be no need for us to break them."

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 03:14:24 PM
Diego nodded.

"That is all I ask."

Turning, he left the three, not returning to the confines of the Bar & Grill. Instead, he ran across a clearing, and over a hill.

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2002, 04:09:12 PM
"That is one strange bastard....."

::Verse spun on his heel and walked back into the bar.::

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 22nd, 2002, 02:02:46 AM
Dasquian nodded slowly, quirking an eyebrow as he followed Verse back into the bar, with Xazor.

"How unusual."

Xazor Elessar
Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:09:23 PM
Xazor sighed and shook her head.

"I swear.....those Van Dervelds get stranger by the day...."

Suddenly a flashback hit Xazor and she nearly fell to the floor. The terrifying day when Vega threw her about her living quarters....and he promised to kill Shade....and her. She caught herself on the door frame and Dasquian's arm. Slowly she brought her hand to her chest and checked her breathing....then placed a hand at her stomach where the unborn rested. Then she just stood there for a moment, regainining her composure. She had not told anyone of what had happened......but she knew that they would ask.....

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:11:10 PM
Dasquians eyes instantly widened as he watched what look like a minor seizure strike Xazor. He bent to catch her, though she got to her feet of her own accord.

"... Xazor.. are you alright?"

Xazor Elessar
Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:15:59 PM
The Knight stared ahead blankly and nodded slowly.

"Yes.....I'll......I'll be fine. Just had a little.....blackout. I'm okay now....."

It was a bad lie, she knew....but it was the best she could come up with. When Vega had thrown her to the floor, she had hit her head on the bed....but even he did not know that.....now it was affecting her as well. Sighing, she held onto her lover's hand tighter and smiled weakly at him.

"I'm great....."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2002, 02:10:16 AM
He narrowed his eyes somewhat.

"That can't be good for you, or the baby - are you positive everything is alright? ... I mean, don't you need to see a med?"

Xazor Elessar
Aug 23rd, 2002, 09:01:18 AM
Xazor shook her head and smiled gently.

"There is nothing they can do...I'm fine...."

She smiled once again as she lied to them. Why are you protecting Vega?! You should tell someone... shaking the thoughts from her mind, she rested her head on Dasquian's shoulder and smiled once again.

"Really, there is no reason...to worry..."