PDA

View Full Version : Living in Anonymity (Open to all)

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 20th, 2002, 03:01:42 PM
His distorted reflection stared back at him through a glass of water, broken by a bit of ice, or droplet of condensation. Through the distorted likeness, he seemed younger, and more at peace. It was ironic that only through such a twisted looking glass he could awaken such feelings. The truth was not so kind. His prime years were past him now. His work-calloused hands showed signs of age. They were still a working man's hands, thick and rough like granite. His blade had lost none of its strength or sharpness, though its shine had dulled years ago. He was still an attractive man...and that was an easily-reachable consensus. But he saw the fire in his eyes vanish long ago. Now they were a hollow shadow of their former selves. You can see straight into another man's soul through their eyes.

He shut his eyes.

Maybe thats why such moments of reflection were uncomfortable.

He raised his glass to his lips, but paused at the last minute. He glanced down at the water, his nostrils seeming to flare at it. Sighing, he sat the glass down, raising his hand slightly to a passing waitress.

"Miss, could you get me another glass of water, please? I think this one is a little dirty."

Severen Morkonis
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:52:15 AM
Sieken walked into the B&G with a sort of sarcastic smile about his face, one that only lived on the Dark Knight, one that only could come from the Dark Knight. he sat down with a heavy thud on the table that Diego sat at. ' Cannot bloody trust the intelegence of that bloody "Dark Lord"...i think that blonde man has lost the plot! He sneered looking over at Diego.

Siekens white hair flopped down in front of his face as the droid came along, he ordered a ale and then the droid sped off into the bar area. ' What the hell are you looking at?' He asked Diego ' Take a picture bub...might last longer!' He gritted his teeth and waited for his drink, he would have liked his own table but the bar was near full tonight.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 10:10:56 AM
"You can always stand and drink if you don't like the company."

Diego spoke evenly, sliding his glass away as he waited for another. His eyes narrowed at the white-haired punk. He had the stink of his son's presence all over him. That in itself, was enough to draw Diego's ire.

Severen Morkonis
Aug 21st, 2002, 10:17:29 AM
'Are you taking the piss you old coot?..' he looked deep into the mans eyes with a glare that could kill. ' I wouldent push your luck with me you forceless freak or ill rip that look right of your face you get me you bastard?' He banged his fist against the table trying to control his anger towards the man...

'Now leave me be..im here to drink not talk to some old git!'

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 10:26:10 AM
The corners of Diego's mouth slowly began to turn upward, contrasting against the rough edge of five o'clock shadow.

"Even the Force won't save you when you're least expecting it."

The waitress returned, interrupting the tension. Diego's smile remained. He took hold of his glass, raising it up, and paused. His smile widened.

"That'll do, Miss."

With that, he took a drink, draining the water from the glass, until there was nothing but cubes.

Severen Morkonis
Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:59:40 AM
' You are so wrong its not even funny....' He said with a sarcastic smirk. ' You petty freaks dont get it do you...the fact you cant hurt me for crap makes me concider pittying you...but you...even you are not worth that much...' He said, his nose lifting into a nast side smile.

' What are you?...beginner Jedi...sith...what?...you have little force power if any so i gether your a padawan learner...' He said looking away to the bar.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 22nd, 2002, 10:05:48 AM
"Just a man. More, and perhaps less, I suppose. But for each of us, it just depends on the man."

Severen Morkonis
Aug 22nd, 2002, 10:08:24 AM
' Whats your name?...' He said questioning the old man, trying to make a convosation. Sieken was not always nasty...sometimes there was just no need for it.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 22nd, 2002, 10:22:21 AM
"Will Bedford, and yours?"

Severen Morkonis
Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:14:30 AM
'Kasstra....' He said as his beer came ' Sieken Kasstra...'

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:57:16 AM
He nodded with spartan courtesy.

"A Sith, I presume?"

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:45:49 PM
"More than likely." Came Diego's answer but not from Sieken but rather from a small boy of about ten years of age. He looked up at the rugged looking man then over to the white-haired individual.

"Please adress bar patrons with more respect, sir, or you will be removed." The young padawan declared having watched the two men interact from a stool at the bar. He looked back to Diego apologetically.

"Excuse me, do you mind if I joined you?"

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:49:13 PM
Diego smiled, laughing softly in his breath. Someone once said something about children and earnesty. It was hand-in-hand. With a large, calloused hand, he patted him on the head.

"Not at all, young lad. And who might you be?"

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:54:29 PM
Despite his outward appearance, the big man seemed friendly enough so Loki happily hopped up onto a chair, he had grown a little and he no longer needed a book to prop himself up to talk to others at a table.

"I'm Loki Ahmrah, sir. Jedi Padawan at the Jedi Order here. You wouldn't happen to be a padawan too? That braid in your hair looks like the one I have." He said with intrigue, having not seen the man about the acadamy before.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:11:10 PM
"This?"

Diego wrapped the braid around a finger.

"Oh I'm no padawan, Loki. No, this is just a braid. No real meaning behind it, I suppose. My father did it. His father did it. There's probably some meaning to it, lost somewhere along generations."

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:33:43 PM
"And your name is--" He paused momentarily, thinking back to what he had overheard, "Will, right?"

A smile came over him as was routine with the boy, "First impressions! Remember first impressions!" His mother's voice perpetually reminded him and as such he leaned across the table and extended his tiny hand.

"Pleased to meet you!"

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:53:12 PM
"That's right."

He placed his much-larger hand around Loki's, shaking it with the appropriate gentleness.

"Pleased to meet you too, Loki."

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 22nd, 2002, 05:12:01 PM
"So what brings you to Arcan IV, sir?" He asked. Normally Loki would call people by their name however this man seemed different, it was similar with his master, he could never imagine calling him Anbira - it would seem disrespectful.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 22nd, 2002, 05:25:39 PM
"I mainly live at the frontier. I've also got a place at the southern sector, near White Town. I tend some land, and live simple."

He smiled.

"You weren't expecting anything more exciting were you?"

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:06:05 PM
"Not at all!" He replied immediatly. "I don't like to make presumptions about people if I can help it." For a moment he went quiet, although he had assumed that this man isn't from Arcan IV. He didn't like to sound like a hypocrite.

"Besides that's how most on my homeworld live; I'm from Chandrila where agriculture is the primary work. Ironically enough that is not what my parents do; my mother is a medic and my father a pilot in the New Republic."

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:14:27 PM
"Well, its my first time to technically live in the New Republic. I move around a bit, living here and there, and then move on. Keeps me thinking sharp. Plus, I like to travel."

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 23rd, 2002, 12:01:08 PM
"I wish I could do that. With the Jedi Order I get to travel though but before I came here I rarely left my homeworld. My parents are away all the time so I used to be left with family until things got to dangerous. That's why I'm here." He concluded.

"How long you stayin' for?"

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 23rd, 2002, 12:07:18 PM
He smiled and shrugged.

"Couldn't say for sure."