PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite scene in AOTC?

Starquest aka AndyR
Aug 20th, 2002, 01:36:20 PM
Just thought I would ask. I looked for a thread on this, but didn't find one...

My favorite scene was the asteroid chase... It just doesn't get much better than that. With the sonic charges and the dual repeating guns on the slave I, its hard to top.

Other scenes of note would be the yoda/dooku fight; the jango/obi-wan fight; the anakin/dooku fight; and the clone troopers vs droid battle.

My second choice would be a tough one between the clone war and the jango/OB1 fight.

Guess I like the action scenes, eh?

JMK
Aug 20th, 2002, 02:16:05 PM
My favorite would have to be the Coruscant Chase. I used to love the asteroid chase, but I find it too fast. Obi Wan's ship's movements are a little too sudden and jerky for me, but I still like it.

I love AotC, but there's no one scene that just defines the movie for me, like the trash compactor scene in ANH, or the Hoth Battle or Bespin duel of ESB, or the Death Star battle in RotJ and the duel in TPM.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 20th, 2002, 04:55:25 PM
My favorite scene was when Anakin slaughtered the Tusken Raiders, I like it because it is the beginning of his path to becoming Darth Vader. I also like the Arena Battle particularly the scene when the Reek, the Nexu and the Ackalya all come out, and of course Dooku vs Yoda, man there are too many scenes to choose from.

darth_mcbain
Aug 20th, 2002, 05:12:34 PM
Yeah - it is tough to just choose one. I'd say for me it is Yoda vs. Dooku, but I really like the Obi-Wan/Jango fight, the battle of Geonosis, and Padme sitting by the fire :eek

JMK
Aug 20th, 2002, 05:30:38 PM
I actually enjoy the first 15 minutes more than any other stretch of the movie. It takes its time, characters speak and its pretty dark in tone. I loved those opening moments on Coruscant.

Anakin Karde
Aug 25th, 2002, 12:52:58 PM
My favorite scene of the whole movie is when Anakin's mother dies and he looks up with that look in his eyes...best part of the movie...

JMK
Aug 25th, 2002, 08:10:24 PM
For old school SW fans, it's definetly the turning point of the saga. It's where Anakin just loses it and decides once and for all that he's the man!

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 25th, 2002, 09:45:22 PM
I liked that scene too, I also liked the one where he is on the Swoop and we hear the duel of the fates, that was perfect place for it too, oddly enough.

Figrin D'an
Aug 25th, 2002, 11:00:41 PM
Shmi's death/Anakin's slaughter of the Tusken Raiders... and the scene when he is describing his actions to Padme... it's gotten me everytime I've watched the film, with shivers that is...

Jedieb
Aug 26th, 2002, 08:26:36 PM
It's gotta be Yoda V. Dooku for me. It's an obvious choice, but it just blew me away and everytime I see AOTC the anticipation of that scene drives me crazy.

Oriadin
Aug 29th, 2002, 06:29:15 AM
Agreed. Dooku vs Yoda.
The whole battle scene with the Jedi is a very close second though.

Sene Unty
Aug 30th, 2002, 12:42:24 PM
I'm gonna list them in order.....I'll list 5

1. fight between yoda and dooku.

2. anakin's mother dies, and anakin kills some Tusken raiders

3. asteroid chase scene

4. jedi battle

5. coruscant chase scene

I love em all!!!

Master Yoghurt
Aug 30th, 2002, 12:56:01 PM
Well, the Yoda vs Doku fight was simply mindblowing, and something I had looked forward to for years, so clearly, it has to be the favorite scene. But there are also many other scenes I really like, among these are the Coruscant Chase, Fett vs Obi, Asteroids Chase, Conveyor Belt and the Arena battle. Those are the most visually aweinspiring scenes. As for the scenes that had the most emotional impact, I have to agree with Figrin.. the slaugtering of the Tusken Raiders and Anakin describing it to Padme sent shivers down my spine. Notice the look he gives with his eyes, thats when you realise it is Vader