PDA

View Full Version : Gods and Monsters: Ironic Justice

Gav Mortis
Aug 20th, 2002, 07:20:45 AM
Having left the quaint, little establishment so eloquently named "Yoghurt's Bar and Grill," Gav and his company of two, Chase Starwalker, Jedi Padawan and Slayn Cloak, Dark Jedi and son of his former apprentice, Jeseth. Both were somewhat unsure as to what they will be doing on their excursion and for that matter so would Gav be once they'd arrived at Nar Shaddaa. Their task was for the Hutt's to decide.

"Once we're off and on our way I'll tell you what we have in store for us. I imagine we'll be gone no longer than three weeks so I hope your master doesn't get as worried as she did last time, Chase." Gav said with a smirk, looking back to Chase hoping he would see it in the light-hearted manner in which Gav did.

If anything, his company would prove interesting; Slayn, the son of Jeseth was much more quiet, brooding and observant than Gav remembered the elder Cloak but in so many ways he resembled his father. Gav smiled thinking back to the time he took Jeseth and Seth away on a three month training mission and what their first task was, they didn't see that one coming!

"Y'know, you really make me feel old, Slayn!" Gav laughed, albeit Gav was only twenty-seven years old himself, to be talking with the son of his old apprentice made him feel ancient. "I remember training him and one of the first lessons I taught him was responsibility; how did I do that? Simple, I made him a daddy for a few weeks." Gav laughed to himself, looking across to the young Cloak then back to Chase.

"What has been the most important lesson you have learned since being with the Jedi Order, Chase?" He asked of the young man with curiosity. Chase was a firey youth, in the Jedi Gav saw himself ten years ago; it seemed to him that Leia had trouble holding Chase's leash and as a result this very talented and promising man was having his abilities stifled and wasted. Gav wondered if Chase had ever thought about taking on a new master at the Jedi Order.

It only took the trio ten minutes to get to the appropriate docking bay where their transport would be waiting for them; due to Gav's contacts in the now flailing Empire he was able to borrow a splendid vessel, a SoroSuub Personal Luxury Yacht 2500, a modified version of Lando Calrissian's famous "Lady Luck." It was a luxurious ship and although Gav had never found any need for luxury, if it was being offered he would take it and he had been told to have the ship, named "Oasis Heights," back at this Docking Bay in exactly five weeks time.

"Marvellous, isn't she?" He delcared as the docking bay doors opened with a sigh.

Chase Starwalker
Aug 20th, 2002, 10:48:48 AM
The journey was a mysterious one indeed. No clues, no hints...just a quiet absence that no one in the Order could know about. But of course Gav Mortis wouldn't have it any other way. Chase was out of place amongst the two darksiders, but strangely enough, felt calm with both men.

The men continued to walk toward the docking bay, a upbeat trudge of things to come, they walked without haste. What has been the most important lesson you have learned since being with the Jedi Order, Chase? The question caught him off-gaurd to say the least. Why would Gav want to know that? Chase knitted his brow in thought for a moment, unsure what a proper answer would be.

"The Jedi Code is valued far more beyond a simple lesson. It's become a way of life." Chase smiled at Gav.

Entering the docking bay, the enormous luxury liner stood ready for the trio. Marvellous, isn't she? Chase let out a calm breath, this journey had begun. Whispering more to himself, all Chase could manage was "..indeed.."

Slayn Cloak
Aug 24th, 2002, 01:29:51 AM
Slayn was fond of these nostalgic moments of Gav's. What Slayn knew and felt for his father was of little relevance for it was imprinted into him, but of course that notion held no water with him. He was ever so intrigued by anyones comments upon his parents. It wasn't long before he took in the sight of the ship, it was simply transportation and meant little to Slayn in either case. He had still yet to speak when Gav made clear of the entrance.

Gav Mortis
Aug 24th, 2002, 12:33:06 PM
The bay was reasonably large and so it had to be to accomodate ships of this size. It gleamed when the sunlight hit it, the facility had no roofing and rightfully so otherwise the ship would have some diffculty taking off otherwsie. The trio approached the ship and after having a word with the deck officer, they boarded the vessel. Everything inside sang with luxury and quality.

"I can't abide space travel if I'm perfectly honest!" Gav confessed to the two as they entered behind him. "So I am relieved at the rare occasion when I am able to travel with such comfort. Please, make yourselves comfortable." There was a longue area and four small personal quarters for them to immediatly familiarise themselves with.

Gav dissapeared into the cockpit to have a word with their pilot, Captain Ryanare and his co-pilot, a droid called E-32B. They would be leaving in five minutes and Gav assured them that if they were to run into any Imperial problems, to relay a message directly to him.

"So Chase," Gav began having found him making himself at home, "What does that Jedi Code mean to you?" He paused then added reassuringly. "And don't worry about talking to me because of my allignment. I sensed your doubt earlier, I am merely curious, nothing more."

In that moment the ships engines rumbled but as they took off their sound became a harmonious humming and their was hardly any turbulance as they left the atmosphere. This is luxury!

Chase Starwalker
Aug 24th, 2002, 06:47:54 PM
"The code means everything." He gave a cautious glance toward Slayn. Speaking of his loyal Jedi beliefs in the midst of two of the galaxy's most feared Sith and Dark Jedi did not sit well on his mind. However, he was not afraid.

"The code signifies what we base our life around. Protection, Honor, Order. Even though we believe in two different sides of the Force, I think even you can agree that life cannot exsist without these things."

Slayn Cloak
Aug 24th, 2002, 11:58:59 PM
Slayn marveled at Gav's question, he could now truly understand his father's grace with stratagem, and certainly where he obtained it. The Cloak bloodline was of noble status on the now deteriorated planet of ambrila, they were parliament. Ambrela itself is now little more than derbies in space. Jeseth being one of the few servivors must have gained more of his knowledge from Gav himself. Slayn listened carefully to Chase's reponce, it sounded like that of a child, responding to a question upon its religion, or some family tradition. Stated in definite and not from his heart, as it was instilled in him to belive and hold. Slayn spoke for the first time in an audible tone since he had met both men.

" Everything has an order to it, whether or not the viewer is to primitive to notice."

Chase Starwalker
Aug 25th, 2002, 05:52:52 PM
Chase narrowed his eyes.

"Some would be fooled to believe such. "

Gav Mortis
Aug 25th, 2002, 08:33:44 PM
Gav let out a sigh, he stood and poured himself an Alderaan Ruge with ice; he loved relaxing in luxury, suffice to say this beverage was exceedingly rare and it was kind of his Imperial contacts to supply him with some. For a while there was silence, he couldn't be bothered with the pettiness of disagreeing for the sake of it; he had seen it all before.

"You are partially correct, Chase. Order, protection and honor are very important however life can exist without those three ingredients; it's called chaos, my friend. But Slayn is also right, there is an order to everything whether or not we are conscious of it. It is the chain of command, the circle of life and existence controlled by the Force, for it is through the will of the Force that life has order." Gav concluded. On that note he took off his boots and laid back on a free couch looking up at the shiney, marble ceiling. For now, he'd had enough of this philosophical talk.

"It will take two days to get to Nar Shadaa. We are going there to visit the Hutts--" He paused to take a look at the faces of both Slayn and Chase, he smiled grimly. "--we are going to do them a favour and Chase, I wont lie; there's a chance that their request may go against some of your Jedi philosophy but please do forget about all of that. I am a Sith and when I use that word, I don't do it lightly."

He paused knowing that he would have to elaborate on his previous comment. One would easily assume that he was of some sort of cult with the red markings on his face. Two red lines above his left eye and one marking which started under his right eye, moving along down the side of his face and along his jaw until it came to a stop at his chin. These marks stood out in a big way but there were very few, if at all any who would understand their meaning.

"What very few know is, I am one of the original Sith and by that I mean I carry the bloodline of Ziost. The blood of the ancient Sith runs in my veins, milennia after their supposed elimination. Of course, my skin isn't crimson and I don't bear any of those physical features associated with the long forgotten species because I am a product of natural evolution. When I say I am a Sith, I mean that is my species. In the presence of you two, I care not for these silly boundaries of good, evil and black and white."

He sat up and took his eyes away from the ceiling. He'd been wondering if he was the only one willing to let his gaurd down; Chase and Slayn both seemed rather cold and calculating.

"In other words relax!" He said, raising his voice to emphasize the point. "And we'll have no more of this petty Dark Side-Light Side nonsense; now both of you, have a drink!" He smiled with delight and leaned back into the comfort of the couch.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 25th, 2002, 09:29:35 PM
Slayn shot Gav an odd look, he had never seen him like this before. He decided that he would retire to one of the quarters for some meditation. He turned his Gaze to Chase and bowed to both of the them before turning and leaving the room.

Chase Starwalker
Aug 25th, 2002, 11:44:34 PM
Chase smiled, but within he was deep in thought. A projection he had learned to master over the years. He nodded to Slayn as he left the room, to meditate no doubt. He poured himself a drink and got comfortable on one of the couches that lined the inside of the quarter. He took a small drink, finishing the sip he added to Gav, "And I will not lie to you. I will not go against the code."

There was a curious pause...."Not again." He propped his feet up.

"But indeed, enough talk of this....we will cross that bridge when we come to it."

Gav Mortis
Aug 27th, 2002, 01:03:42 PM
"Indeed we will!" Gav replied jovially. He smiled, clearing his head of thinking about Slayn's peculiar behaviour. He was certainly uncomfortable about something, just like his father, serious all the time. Gav shook the glass in his hand so that the ice and drink would whirl about inside. He then took a quick sip, pausing for a moment to allow the Ruge to play about on his tongue before swallowing.

"Very intelligent species, the Hutts, and remarkably shrewd businessmen. Have you ever been to Nar Shaddaa before?" He looked to Chase with curiosity. As a child, Gav had done a great deal of travelling both with his family and alone.

"On another note, where did you grow up?"

Chase Starwalker
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:13:03 PM
"The Hutts are ruthless, but very intellegent. A deadly combination for one in thier business. Although I haven't had the pleasure of setting foot on Nar Shaddaa, I've seen the planet several times."

Chase took another drink of the cooling Ruge.

"I'm from Tatooine Gav. I'm sure you've heard of it." Chase gave a slight smile. "Yourself?"

Gav Mortis
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:46:12 PM
"Well, I don't know where my homeworld is since I was adopted at an early age. But I grew up on Corellia up until I was eight then my family was sent to Gamorr where we lived in poverty until I left at the age of twelve and spent the next six years of my life alone on Yavin IV." He replied casually. Only in recent years had he become more open about his past so Chase was fortunate to be hearing this although somewhere deep down inside, it still pained the man to talk about it.

"If I said I had a happy childhood I would be very much lying but I think I'll leave that subject alone for now. So what about your family? You have any living relatives?"

Chase Starwalker
Aug 28th, 2002, 10:57:17 PM
"My mother, and two brothers."

Chase eyed Gav, obviously he felt a slight discomfort.

"Both are young. My mother works hard." Chase let his voice trial slightly, pausing the images in his mind. "She really takes care for them, since I'm not around. But she understands what I must do."

Gav Mortis
Aug 29th, 2002, 09:19:30 AM
"I see." Gav replied restraining himself from commenting on that. He simply took another sip of his beverage and yawned. With a stretch he leaned back and lied back on the couch, having now slipped his boots off.

"Where do you see yourself in ten years time, Chase? What would you like your future to hold? It's always a question I ask of myself and that way I am able to set myself some personal goals that I like to accomplish. What do you want?" He asked, his tone was casual and relaxed. He spoke, looking up at the ceiling then closed his eyes, wondering what Slayn was up to.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 29th, 2002, 05:56:25 PM
Slayn had wandered around for a short time before entering one of the sleeping areas. He sat on the floor in a full lodes position, whilst reciting a mantra aloud.

" AUM Sri RAma JyA RAma JyA JyA RAma "

After some few moments of this he could see himself and others, in fact it was as if he was in touch with everything, most of all Naviria. She was in her room, going over something on a data pad, and like that the ship rocked and Slayn was roused from his meditation.

Chase Starwalker
Aug 30th, 2002, 12:03:13 PM
"Ten years? I see myself being a great Jedi Master." Chase smiled. "They can't over look my talent forever." Chase's slight laugh was interupted by a violent shake that flew Gav from his seat onto the floor. Chase barely caught hold before another tremor rattled the hull. They exchanged glances.

Gav Mortis
Aug 30th, 2002, 07:18:11 PM
The Sith's eyes rolled with annoyance as he was knocked off the seat with the jerk of the ship. Had he not been lying down he wouldn't be on the floor now and his drink wouldn't have spilt over the table.

"Sounds like we've been pulled out of hyperspace. Pirates using an asteroid or something to create a hyperspace shadow probably." He said to Chase as the padawan looked to him. Standing Gav made his way to the bridge with mild irritation expecting Slayn to be shortly behind Chase and himself.

"What's the problem?" He asked the piloting droid as he stepped inside the small bridge.

Slayn Cloak
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:01:47 PM
The droid spoke to quickly for Slayn to understand, but it was more than obvious to him that they were under attack. Slayn spoke in Gav's mind blocking his intentions from Chase.

" This should prove a learning experience for the boy... Shall we negotiate with them?"

Gav Mortis
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:51:44 PM
Flanking the "Oasis Heights" was one of the newer, more economical Marauder-Class Corvettes, at one hundred and nine meters long it was just over twice the length of the luxury yacht. The droid confirmed they had been pulled out of hyperspace and it looked like they were facing pirates.

"They have us held in place with a tractor beam for the time being." The ship rocked again, "And that's the second time they have fired upon us."

Gav gritted his teeth with aggrovation and then instructed the droid to establish a comm-link with the ship. As the droid went about this, Gav turned to Chase and said, "You're the Jedi, sir. Do your thing." He stepped back and took a seat next to a transparisteel viewport on the side of the cockpit. He looked out at the ship silently.

Chase Starwalker
Sep 5th, 2002, 05:00:42 PM
Chase gave Gav a pondered look before seating himself in front of the comlink's control mic. He gave one last look out to Gav, seeing him emersed in his thoughts, looking out at the ship. Chase's face became serious, as did his words.

"This is Chase Starwalker of the Greater Jedi Order. You will cease fire immediantly. Is that understood?"

Naomi Jadisun
Sep 7th, 2002, 06:17:07 PM
Understand this, rich boy!

(Another volley of fire was hurled at the luxury yacht from the port laser cannons. The smaller ship rocked, still caught in the corvettes only tractor beam but it's shields were holding.)

This is Captain Jadisun of the "Rancor's Mother." Who are you trying to kid? Jedi...Peh!

(The young woman's voice was suprisingly harsh and abbraisive. Far from elegant and lady like, every other word past her lips was a curse and every action taken, aggressive. She was certain she and her crew had hit the jackpot today with this luxury vessel.)

I know who you are; some rich boy raised with a silver spoon in your gob. Spare me the poodoo, boy and prepare to be boarded. The Pulugan Pythons will not be leaving empty handed.

(With the comm-link still active, she motioned to a member of her crew on the bridge of her ship and with a flick of a switch, the yacht started to be pulled closer towards the larger ship. Within a minute or so they would be boarded.)

Gav Mortis
Sep 7th, 2002, 06:26:17 PM
"You're going to have to try a little harder than that, my boy!" Gav said quietly, still staring out of the viewport like he hadn't a care in the world.

"I'm curious to see how our aspiring young Jedi handles the situation, Slayn. If his efforts prove unsuccessful and we are boarded, the term 'lambs to the slaughter' springs to mind." For a change, Gav chose to communicate telepathically with Slayn for the benefit of privacy and as he finished a slight smirk appeared on his face.

Chase Starwalker
Sep 7th, 2002, 11:49:01 PM
Chase was taken back by the harshness put forth in the transmisson. He sighed to himself at Gav's comment. He ready himself on the comlink.

"And you understand this!" Chase's statement no doubt surprised the two Sith.

"Cease fire on this ship immediantly, and heed my words of truth....." There was a long ackward pause in the air. ".. or I will not be responsible for what is to happen."

Slayn Cloak
Sep 8th, 2002, 12:47:54 AM
Slayn let out a sigh and placed his hand on the shoulder of the young Jedi.
" Sigh... "

He flipped a switch on the com- board and the holo-emitter came online. The trio was met with an image of a woman clad in red, it was some kind of battle gear, and not very impressive. Slayn spoke to his companions in his normal manner before speaking aloud to the coming vessel, his silhouette projected in much the same fashion to Naomi.

" I haven't the patience for this..."

" As head strong as you may be child, you should learn to realize when you are in over it... "

He held out his hand, to what anyone els would think was simply air. The dark Jedi could feel Naomi's throat in his hands, he squeezed though his hand hadn't changed it's pose, in fact it was open, and stretched out toward the hologram witch began to grab at it's neck as if it could feel him.

" Don't worry, you'll soon have far less to think about."

Chase Starwalker
Sep 8th, 2002, 02:32:15 PM
"No!" Chase grabbed Slayn's hand out of the air, stopping the crushing pressure applied to the woman's windpipe. She fell to the floor, gasping for air.

Turning to Slayn, "She's learned her lesson."

Chase's projection was now shown to the petite battle-gear clad woman.

"Leave this sector now. Our conflict is over. Is that understood?"

Slayn Cloak
Sep 9th, 2002, 05:33:23 PM
Slayn turned his grip on chase, lifting the boy into the air, his hand stretched out as if to grab him. Darkness oozed from his wrist and enveloped over his hand, he drew it back as if to slap the air, perhaps to send a volley of spikes at the young padawan. Though this took place in only a moment, it may have seemed longer to the young man, Slayn then spoke aloud again.

" You too will learn your place soon enough..."

Chase's body floated just a few yards above the deck as the tenebrious matter began to take shape. Slayn could then feel Gav's eyes glaring at him. He turned his head and locked eyes with the orphaned Sith. The life energy that was forced from his body returned to its vesele, slowly seeping back into his forearm. Chase was placed back on his feet and Slayn spoke again.

" Don't cross me again..."

Naomi Jadisun
Sep 10th, 2002, 10:04:13 AM
(The moment Naomi felt the grip wrap around her neck she waved a hand desperately at one of the crewmen on her bridge. Her ship suddenly unleashed wave after wave of fire from the same laser cannons, all impacted and the ship rocked then shuddered violently. She had sent a proton torpedo at the luxurious yacht.

Then the grip ceased courtesy of he who claimed to a Jedi then found himself in a similar position as she had. "Better him than me" She thought. Suddenly all weapons on the port side of her ship locked onto the Oasis Heights.)

Pull another stunt like that and you will be destroyed. You are about to be boarded, if you resist, you will be killed. If you are peaceful then we shall drop you off at the nearest space station.

(Another signal terminated the holo-link but the audio transmission remained intact for further communication. "Idiots" She thought with a wicked grin.)

Gav Mortis
Sep 10th, 2002, 10:19:37 AM
It took a great deal - a great deal - to suprise the hardened Sith these days. The theatrical performance between Naomi, Chase and Slayn never even brought a look of curiosity to his face; they were oil and water. Like most people in the universe. No longer did he allow himself to fall into that equation. Should he intervene?

First he would deal with the pirates, he had been examining their ship and focusing on it, those near the tractor beam, docking bay, laser cannons and torpedo launchers were either bcoming dizzy, getting headaches, having nosebleeds or having difficulty hearing as the pressure all about them started to increase.

"Captain! Hull breaches are being reported all about sections 13A to 16C. Bulkheads are collapsing!" A voice suddenly cried, heard over the comlink.

"What!" Cried the woman in disbelief.

Gav looked outside, his face creased with concentration; brow furrowed and eyes, narrowed as he worked on the ship. His jaw clenched and his teeth began to grind as his efforts were becoming visible from the viewports of the yacht. The entire middle section of the corvette was being crushed. Flames began to leap from enormous cracks in the ships structure, crew could be seen being sucked out into space and sparks occassionally illuminated some of the now visible interior.

"Captain!!" Came a cry amongst the hysteria had formed on the bridge. Then Gav relaxed and the pressure was released. Those who were still alive in the now incapacitated mid-section of the ship now suffered from blood flowing from their nose, ears and mouths as clots formed in their bloodstream. They were doomed but the rest of the crew, even the captain had a good sporting chance that their distress signal would be answered before primary systems failed.

"Right. Let's be on our way." He said, standing he addressed the droid pilot who reported they were free of the tractor beam but shields were just barely stable. Good timing. "Let's finish our drinks." He said to both Slayn and Chase with a smile.

Chase Starwalker
Sep 10th, 2002, 10:31:39 AM
Chase didn't move. He just let his stare bare down on Slayn. He should have never agreed to this.

"Sometimes there isnt a violent answer to everything. You proved you are no better than them." Chase scoffed, leaving the cockpit for his quarters.

Slayn Cloak
Sep 10th, 2002, 05:50:53 PM
" Perhaps we should've ben a little more subtle?"

Slayn stated in Gav's mind before heading back to the lounge.

Gav Mortis
Sep 10th, 2002, 09:17:07 PM
Gav chose not to answer Slayn for he was annoyed at how he had behaved and handled the situation. He had a feeling Chase could've pursuaded the pirates to back down and now the yacht's shields were low because the Dark Jedi decided to start choking that woman. But he felt no remorse for how he had dealt with Chase.

"Y'know how Slayn behaved then? All impulsive and irresponsible; well does it remind you of someone?" He poured himself another drink considering his last one had been spilled when the ship had been pulled out of hyperspace. There was a whine and jerk as the Oasis Heights jumped back into hyperspace, leaving the pirates behind.

"Think back to your day on Corellia when I asked you to stay with me and ask your master to go around the other way. You decided it would be clever to jump over Shenraun's tail and try running off with Leia. Got us into quite the pickle didn't it!" He finished with a look of annoyance remembering the incident like a sour taste in his mouth.