PDA

View Full Version : Something Came Up.....[OPEN] (Con't after spar with Verse)

Xazor Elessar
Aug 19th, 2002, 08:45:40 PM
Xazor trudged into the Bar after the spar with her Father. He was strange now....she could beat him. His offense was weaker than she had ever seen.....and his offense was not much better. He did not even let her finish the fight that was already so short. Finding a dark corner in the Bar, she walked there and sat down. Her black robes hid her well......and the hood was drawn up to hide her face in the shadows. Sighing, the Knight sat down and removed the hood....then placed her elbow on the table and propped her head up in her hand. Her eyes shifted to the table top.....trying to figure out what was wrong with her Father. It troubled her so deeply now.....she just had a feeling that something was terribly wrong.....

Oriadin
Aug 20th, 2002, 07:42:08 AM
Oriadin had been sat in the bar for a short time and was almost ready to leave when he noticed Xazor sitting alone at one of the table and looking somewhat troubled. They hadnt seen eye to eye in recent times but he wanted her to know he wished to be friends. He picked up his almost empty glass of ice water and carried it over to where she was sat. He stood just behind her and paused before speaking.

--Mind if I take a seat?--

He gestured towards the empty seat in front of her. He was wearing his bage Jedi robes with a slightly baggy cloak. It was the cloak Verse dawnstrider had infact given him when he first joined the order. When verse origianally took him on as his Padawan learner.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 20th, 2002, 09:30:53 AM
Suddenly the Knight heard a voice and looked up to see.....Oriadin. Less than thrilled to see him, she nodded silently and motioned for him to sit. Her eyes shifted to the table top and then back to his face.

"Padawan Oriadin......a pleasure....."

She said softly, hiding the sadness in her voice. She had wanted to be his friend.....but now by his words felt betrayed by this very man....

Oriadin
Aug 20th, 2002, 09:38:02 AM
He could sense she was not completly happy with him being there but he was willing to make the effort anyway.

--I know we havent exactly seen eye to eye recently but I couldnt help but notice you seemed somewhat troubled and somewhat.....down?

You ok?--

He spoke very softly and with concern in his voice. His eyes were very sincere.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 20th, 2002, 10:08:43 AM
The Knight nodded somewhat and smiled as much as she could.]

"Yes, I too have noticed this. And everything is...fine. I'm concerned about my...Father. I beat him in a spar and he ended it all too soon. He just hasn't been himself..."

She had left out many of the details of course, and continued keeping a close eye on the Padawan....

Oriadin
Aug 20th, 2002, 11:41:52 AM
He sat back in his chair slightly. Looking a little more comfortable but he could sense Xazor was still weary of him. He nodded as if he understand and looked down at the table. He was thinking.

--How do you mean he hasnt been himself? Just because of his fighting abilities or is it other things too?--

Xazor Elessar
Aug 20th, 2002, 08:46:03 PM
Xazor sighed and looked down at the table. Oriadin was willing to listen.....so she figured that it was alright.

"He has just been.....different. Quieter than usual....and I noticed that his color is gone. He did not push himself like he used to before he left. And he coughs....all the time. And when he does, he turns away from me. At the end of our spar just before he declared that I won.....he got really pale and then suddenly, he had to go, saying that, 'Something came up'."

She shook her head and looked over at Oriadin....concern etching her soft features. She was really worried about her Father.....he meant to much to her.

"Above all though, I just got a.....feeling. I have those so often...and now that I am developing my Seer abilities....it scares me a bit. I can tell when things are very wrong.....and that is how it is now......"

Oriadin
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:26:49 AM
Oriadin raised his right hand to his chin and gently stoked. He was deep in thought. He could tell Xazor was concerned for her father and in all honestly didnt sound good. Verse was a big strong man and to hear of him giving in so easily in a spar was simply not like him.

--Have you spoken to him about this? Have you asked if anything wrong?--

Xazor Elessar
Aug 21st, 2002, 07:45:58 AM
Xazor sighed and shook her head.

"I asked him why he was ending our spar...I thought perhaps he was joking. Then I saw him turn pale and I asked what was wrong and all he said was, 'Something came up'...."

She said softly, pondering what could have been wrong with him. He was gone for an awefully long time...perhaps he got sick? She didn't know and was a bit afraid to ask him...

Oriadin
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:38:58 AM
--It is quite possible he was unwell. However, I dont think you will get peace of mind until you know for sure. If I were you I would confront him. Tell him how concerned you are. There is no need to be afraid of asking him. I dont know all that much about him but he strikes me as the type who may not feel entierly comfortable in telling you if there is something wrong. He seems a very proud man. Try to talk to him but take it slow. In the end he will tell you if something is wrong when he is good and ready.--

He lowered his hand and looked deeply into the young Jedi's eyes.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 21st, 2002, 10:31:59 AM
Xazor smiled gently and nodded.

"Your words are wise and I shall heed them. Indeed, my Father is a proud man....and doesn't want to hurt me. I will go to him and find out what's wrong..."

She said softly and took a sip of her water, setting it back upon the table.

Oriadin
Aug 22nd, 2002, 02:30:56 AM
Oriadin let out a sympathetic smile and sat semi slumped in the chair. He felt a little happier as he felt Xazor and he had begun to build bridges. He took the last drop of water from his glass and then placed it back on the table.

--So. how you finding knighthood?--

Xazor Elessar
Aug 23rd, 2002, 08:59:35 AM
Xazor smiled to herself and shook her head, looking around at everyone in the room. At least half of those in there were her Padawans!

"Busy...but so wonderful. I am able to serve the Order to my fullest extent this way. I am training so many...and I'm on the Council. It's great and I love it. So how is training with my Mother?"

She questioned curiously, wondering how he liked training with the Warlordess....

Oriadin
Aug 27th, 2002, 08:16:35 AM
He smiled.

--So far so good. It can be somewhat quiet at times but it is teaching me patience and I have so much to learn from Helenias. She is an excellent mentor.

So, do you have any padawans near nighthood yet?

Xazor Elessar
Aug 27th, 2002, 08:58:54 AM
Xazor smiled gently and nodded.

"It sounds like you are learning much then."

His question made her think a moment and she nodded once again with a grin.

"Oh yes...I just promoted my first Padawan yesterday. Chance...you may have heard of him. He is our newest Knight. I have a few others nearing that time as well..."

Oriadin
Aug 27th, 2002, 09:21:21 AM
--Ah yes. Ive seen chance about a few times. You will have to congratulate him for me next time you see him.

There was a short pause before Oriadin considered what to say next.

--Xazor, I know we havent been the best of friends and recently had a large disagreement in the council room but I would like to be your friend. When I said those things, I didnt mean it to sound harsh, or to sound as if I were attacking you. I had noticed that your emotion has at times gotten the better of you and felt I should mention it. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings, it was certainly not my intention. You do a lot of work around here, what with the number of Padawans you have and with being on the council. Many Jedi look up to you here. Especially the padawans and less experienced Jedi I feel. For the simple fact you are warm and welcoming when they first join the order.

I hope we can start over, get over our differences and be friends. I know you are a higher rank than me but I feel it is irrelevant. Im sure you have many people you would go to for help or to ask advice before comming to me but I just want you to know Im here for you, at any time.

Friends?

He extended his hand and hoped she would accept his offer with a sincere look on his face.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 27th, 2002, 09:46:22 AM
Xazor smiled as he spoke and nodded in agreement at a few things he had said. In the end she ended up grinning brightly and taking his hand in her own.

"Your words were said in truth.......it is something that I need to work on. Yes...friends we are and now I have someone I can come to whom I did not think I could before. Thank you, Oriadin..."

She said softly......but the words were deep and heartfelt. It was good to be in agreement with someone she had disliked for so long......and to be friends was an even greater achievement.

Oriadin
Aug 27th, 2002, 01:02:54 PM
Oriadin beemed brightly and a huge smile spread across his face. He had always liked Xazor even though had hadnt always agreed on things. She was a very likable and loving member of the Order.

--In that case, shall I get us a couple of drinks to celebrate?--

He looked down the table at the empty glasses.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 27th, 2002, 08:49:17 PM
Xazor grinned and nodded gently.

"I'll pay if you like......"

She said softly, offering to pay for her drink as well as that of her new friend. Her eyes shifted to the empty glasses and then back up to his face. It was good to know that he did not judge her....but spoke truthfully of her. He was now someone she could trust.....and she could go to him in times of need.....

Oriadin
Aug 28th, 2002, 02:24:46 AM
He declined to take the money and just let out a small smile as if to say, 'I dont think so' then picked up the empty glasses.

--What would you like?--

Xazor Elessar
Aug 28th, 2002, 06:15:39 AM
Xazor grinned to herself and looked at her empty glass, thinking for a moment.

"I'll have...an Ale...make sure it's Garou Ale, if you please...."

She said softly. How she loved that drink that her Father introduced her to. It was strong, but to her...it was nothing but oh so good....

Oriadin
Aug 28th, 2002, 07:33:28 AM
He nodded as she gave him her request and made his way up to the bar. Ordered an Ale and an ice water. Ice water was his usual and as far as he could remember, never touched alcahol. He wanted to remain sharp at all times. He had no problem with people that did, it was simply a personal choice.

He carried the glasses back over to the table and placed the Ale before Xazor. He raised his glass and made a toast...

--To building bridges, and making friends.--