PDA

View Full Version : I would like Sean Piett banned from my TGE forum

Darth Viscera
Aug 19th, 2002, 10:29:32 AM
As rapidly as can be, if you please. He has just admitted to having infiltrated into a private forum which Gue and I used for a time, and reposting the contents, back at Swfans' OOC forum back in October 2000. I promised myself that if I ever discovered who that person was, I would punish them to my greatest abilities. He's reposted very private posts, and he copied private AIM convos regarding TGE's hostile intentions to TSE back when they were still in the planning stage, put them in the "Sith Only" forum, completely disregarded my confidence in him.

I am sincerely peeved atm. I always wanted to know who it was that did that.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 19th, 2002, 11:14:53 AM
all you have to do is edit the forum access templates.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 19th, 2002, 11:30:08 AM
Just do a user name search and click edit access masks from the user CP.

TheHolo.Net
Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:29:28 AM
Please don't place users in the banned group without first consulting all the group mods and having a vote here.

Banning a user through the Mod CP bans the name from the entire board, not just your own. If you wish to ban from your own, please use the access masks like Morgan pointed out.

I have returned Piett to being a registered member but banned that name from all of the TGE forums via access masks. If you wish to ban his other names from your forums you can search for username via his email address and use the IP lookup feature to find other names he may have that are listed under different email addresses.

I received an email which asked me why he was banned. If the process of banning him had been followed correctly (for a board wide ban) he would have known it was coming as he would have been asked for his side of the story as part of the process, but as it is, yes you can ban from your individual forums without any permission from myself or the rest of the staff, but actually banning a username boardwide requires a defined process be carried out.

I am sorry I did not reply to this thread earleir but as far as I saw by the replies, it had been handled correctly.

Thanks.

Darth Viscera
Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:52:23 AM
I certainly didn't mean to ban him throughout the swfans.net board. I'm sorry for that :( I was having trouble with the control panel, and I thought that banning and editing access masks were two different things.

My bad :(

TheHolo.Net
Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:37:01 AM
Understood and no worries, you’ll remember now. And if you have problems in the CP with access masks don’t hesitate to say so, and I will assist.