PDA

View Full Version : Risk 101, Afterwards, Drinks! (Open)

Xander Kace
Aug 18th, 2002, 09:00:33 AM
The day was perfect; clear, sunny, low wind.

Perfect for a 'little romp in the woods' so to speak. Alexander 'Xander' Kace busyed himself by examing the lower levels of the platform his team was on, One of the many on the planet of Coruscant, and was setting up to film on.

Xander shifted his weight to his left leg as the crew of seven guys excluding himself set up various equipment on a rather expencive priced speeder. The cops were out and about, but the groups' scanner kept them informed if any got close enough for the stunt to go wrong and they all have to scramble back to home base.

Walking away from the plaform, Xander stepped over cords and other things to the speeder he was to bullet dive off in. A camera had been rigged inside and on the hood to give a full veiw of what would happen in the stunt.

"I dont know about this, Xan, scanner's are smoking up a storm within a fifty radius..." Mike, a co-worker and the film editor, spoke up from behind the back seat.

"Yeah.. I know. We've got to get this thing going if we are going to do it, You all ready and done?" Xander shrugged, running a hand through his unkempt head of hair. Nods were sent back through the group and brought a grin to Xander. "Alright. LETS MOVE!"

All the techy's of the group scrambled to their respective speeder bikes while the rest filed into the non-descript van and threw the unused equipment into it. While Xander fitted on a black backpack with a parashute inside.

The van squad gave the thumbs up nodifying Xan that the film was rolling and the show had begun.

Climbing into the seat, Xander switched the speeder on and began talking into the camera in the dash.

"S'up, Today were' filmin' from Coruscant. This is one big city, but the air tastes like shat! For those who are watching, I have a degression against a certain person. Ya see, this person was trying to kick a poor family out of their only home, unfortunatly. He left his keys in the speeder and I just happend to be close by." A grin crossed Xander's features as he rested back in the seat.

"Risk 101. If it doesnt kill you, do it again." Xan finished off, putting the gas to the floor and grinning as the speeder jerked into motion and off the platform into a hard dive.

The front camera showed the lower levels rushing up from a long distance away as the back showed the platform rushing up into the sky. The dash showed Xander unbuckling himself and preparing the jump from the back. Closer the ground came, nearly two thousand feet below.

"This goes to you Dick! Have a nice trip!" Xander shouted before jumping off the back of the speeder at thousand feet in the air.

He freefalled for two to three hundred feet before pulling the ripcord.

The camera's showed the speeder smashing into the metal frame of some building and exploding in a ball of flame with Xander on a parasute off to the left where a van waited.

As soon as Xander landed, the techies rushed to the crash and pulled the camera's from the wreakage as well as dumping the shute from Xander's back. "Dude, that was cool." A few of them spoke as they flew from the site just as the cops swarmed into the fray.

<HR>

Xander strolled into the Bar, comfirming he had no weapons on him at the door. Yawning, He weaved between tables until he reached the bar were he accomodated a stool and sat down.

"What'll have?" The bartender asked, Xander scanned the rows of choices for a moment before pointing at a bottle of Vodka.

"Vodka, please." He responded, resting a arm on the bar. Today's shot was perfect, and currently the techies were hard at work peicing the film to be published on the holonet. Although, It didnt give him the satisfaction as some of his other death defying stunts, Rather, this one was a tad easy...

Sliding a few creds as the bartender delivered his drink, Xander took a deep swig and a loud breath. "Damn good stuff..." he mummbled to himself, wondering quietly what would the gang do if they had to stop Risk 101, They were all orphans, even Xan himself.

No one took care of them, they took care of each other and themselves. Xan knew that if they all did get somewere to live and a place to work, they would most likely stop the stunt program. Anyway, now wasnt the time to think about that. Now was the time to just chill out and hope not to get noticed by any cops...

Xander Kace
Aug 18th, 2002, 07:07:07 PM
After a few shots, Xan was nearly out of his sences. Unfortunatly, a local band had came in and begun to play the soft versions of rock.

Xander had moved from the bar to a booth and was trying to stay awake when the band began it's last long for the night.

Hehmp'ing, Xander waited until they finished and began to get off the stange before he suntered over to the leader and asked for a second on the stage with the guitar and keyboard player. Concenting the leader, who's name was Michael, summoned over the two and Xan gave them a quick overveiw of the song.

They both nodded and repositioned themselves on the stage as Xan took the mike off it's pesital. Tapping it twice to confirm it's activity Xander motioned to the to the others to begin playing..

Soft music flowed from their instruments and Xan took a minute to catch with the music. After a second the junkie began to sing,

Hush my love now don’t you cry
Everything will be all right
Close your eyes and drift in dream
Rest in peaceful sleep

He paused as the players kept on, his voice becoming abit louder

If there’s one thing I hope
I showed you
Hope I showed you

Just give love to all
Just give love to all
Just give love to all

Another pause, head bowed and eyes closed.

Oh my love…in my arms tight
Every day you give me life
As I drift off to your world
Will rest in peaceful sleep

I know there’s one thing that
you showed me
That you showed me

Just give love to all
Let’s give love to all

The music died down, Xander nodded his thanks to the two players and sauntered off the stage. Weaving through the tables, he made his way back to the booth and sat, ordering another vodka, he grinned and waited for the gang to return.

Or someone else.

Gibbon Meffoon
Aug 18th, 2002, 11:39:35 PM
A crotechty voice barked naggingly at Xander as he sat back down. "Oh, I see you think you're all big a tough, Mr. Hot-Shot. But that weren't nothin'! I seen that stunt pulled off b'fore you were born, young'n, and done better too!"

The voice came from Gibbon Meffoon, a stodgy old codger whose body still looked fit enough to beat a raging bull senseless with his bare hands. He did not look impressed. "Oh, yeah, you're so cool, you can wreck ONE speeder. You've been on the news for a half hour, you know that. And they don't think you're that amazing either! Ha! Kids today...."

Gibbon leaned over the table and glared at Xander, "And you sing like a catfish choking on its own vomit, I might add! Bah, you're not worth my time..." Pushign back off, the codger sneered and sat back down at his own table, looking around for other things he found displeasing or annoying. The speeder crash played again on the news on the holovid in the upper corner of the bar, thoguh the sound was off. Gibbon just grumbled and took a swig of his beer.

Xander Kace
Aug 19th, 2002, 04:03:09 PM
"Heh, I agree with ya. It was a crappy stunt, but a few people will pay to see it." Xan shrugged, "I hate singing anyway. Put's the fun out of making Elder's nag."

He added with a grin, "So, Mister, What do YOU do for fun eh?"