PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Movie Lines of All Time

Jedieb
Aug 18th, 2002, 08:37:57 AM
The other thread has been so much fun, let's try a positive one. Here's a quick few;

"Yippie Ki Yey(sp?), mother f(*&*&&!"

"Surely you can't be serious?"
"I am serious, and don't call me Shirley!"

"I want the truth!"
"You can't handle the truth!"

"The Force will be with you, always."

Admiral Lebron
Aug 18th, 2002, 09:17:19 AM
"There can be only one!"

"On my signal, unleash hell."

"Ni!"

Jedieb
Aug 18th, 2002, 11:21:49 AM
"Here's looking at you kid."

"It's a hell of a thing , killing a man. You take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Admiral Lebron
Aug 18th, 2002, 01:06:05 PM
"Come on you apes, you wanna live forever?!"

"The only good bug is a dead bug."

Keeto Mora
Aug 18th, 2002, 01:33:11 PM
"I've already wasted my whole life. I want to tell you with my last breath I have always loved you. I would rather be a ghost, drifting by your side as a condemned soul than enter heaven without you. Because of your love I will never be a lonely spirit." - Li Mu Bai, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

"Promise me one thing. Whatever path you take in this life, be true to yourself." - Yu Shu Lien, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

"Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time." - Danny Vinyard, American History X.

"I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me. But it's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once... and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. And then I remember... to relax, and not try to hold on to it. And then it flows through me like rain. And I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. Don't worry... you will someday." - Lester Burnham, American Beauty.

Master Yoghurt
Aug 18th, 2002, 03:21:13 PM
Apart from the obvious SW quotes, here are some I tend to like:

"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"
Dirty Harry

"All right ... all right ... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order ... what HAVE the Romans ever done for US?"
Monty Python - Life of Brian

"Look, Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over. I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission and I want to help you."
HAL 9000 in 2001: A Space Odyssey

ARTHUR: If you will not show us the Grail, we shall take your castle by force!
FRENCH GUARD: You don't frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottom, sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called Arthur King, you and all your silly English k-nnnnniggets. Thpppppt! Thppt!Thppt!
GALAHAD: What a strange person.
ARTHUR: Now look here, my good man--
FRENCH GUARD: I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
GALAHAD: Is there someone else up there we could talk to?
FRENCH GUARD: No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time-a!
FRENCH GUARD #1: I didn't know we were French?
FRENCH GUARD #2: Of course, why else do you think we are talking in this ridiculous accent?

Monthy Python & The Holy Grail

And some quick ones:

"..Bond. James Bond"

"I'm Spartacus!"

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chi- an-ti."

"Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?"

"You talkin' to me?"

"Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get."

"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse."

"R-o-s-e-b-u-d."

"Show me the money!"

"Madness! Madness!"

"I am...Drac-u-la...I bid you welcome."

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 18th, 2002, 03:41:23 PM
"Cheer up..you know what the Monty Python boys always say. No one expects the Spanish Inquisition." <- Sliding Doors

"Squeak-squeaker-squeakity-squeak-squeaken." <--The Emperor's New Groove

CMJ
Aug 18th, 2002, 04:05:38 PM
"I don't understand. All my life I've been waiting for someone and when I find her, she's... she's a fish." -SPLASH-

"I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free. " -THE SHAWSHANK REDPEMPTION-

"It's Hebrew, it's from the Talmud. It says, 'Whoever saves one life, saves the world entire.' " -SCHINDLER'S LIST-

"You ready to be f&%#ed man? I see you rolled your way into the semis. Dios mio, man. Liam and me, we're gonna f&%k you up."

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

"Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy s*%t with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your @ss and pull the f&%king trigger 'til it goes *click*."

"Jesus."

"You said it man. Nobody f&%ks with the Jesus." -THE BIG LEBOWSKI-

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 18th, 2002, 04:36:14 PM
Here are some of my favs

I am going with Back to the Future first

George McFly: Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain.

Marty McFly: Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?
Dr. Emmett Brown: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?

Dr. Emmett Brown: If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour ... you're gonna see some serious sh%t

Dr. Emmett Brown: Then tell me, "future boy", who is president in the United States in 1985?
Marty McFly: Ronald Reagan.
Dr. Emmett Brown: Ronald Reagan? The actor?! Who's Vice President? Jerry Lewis?
Marty McFly: What?
Dr. Emmett Brown: I suppose Jane Wyman is the first lady! And Jack Benny is secretary of the treasury! I've had enough practical jokes for one evening! Good day, future boy!

Marty McFly: Wait a minute, Doc, are you trying to tell me that my mother has got the hots for me?
Dr. Emmett Brown: Precisely.
Marty McFly: Whoa, this is heavy.
Dr. Emmett Brown: There's that word again; "heavy". Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull.

Biff Tannen: So why don't you make like a tree and get outta here.

Figrin D'an
Aug 18th, 2002, 07:37:00 PM
I posted this in a similar thread over at GJO, but it's worth repeating... :)

"Wanna know what I'm buyin' Ringo? "

"What?"

"Your life. I'm givin' you that money so I don't hafta kill your a$$. You read the Bible?"

"Not regularly. "

"There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. 'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.' I been sayin' that s--t for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your a$$. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherf--ker before you popped a cap in his a$$. But I saw some s--t this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. .45 here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous a$$ in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that s--t ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin, Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd."

- Jules Winnfield, PULP FICTION

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world... she walks into mine." - Rick, CASABLANCA

CMJ
Aug 18th, 2002, 08:13:33 PM
"A fellow will remember a lot of things you wouldn't think he'd remember. You take me. One day, back in 1896, I was crossing over to Jersey on the ferry, and as we pulled out, there was another ferry pulling in, and on it there was a girl waiting to get off. A white dress she had on. She was carrying a white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She didn't see me at all, but I'll bet a month hasn't gone by since that I haven't thought of that girl. " - CITIZEN KANE-

The power of that line is telling. I bet a month hasn't gone by where I haven't THOUGHT about it. :)

JMK
Aug 18th, 2002, 08:46:58 PM
Dark Helmet: Knock on my door! Knock next time!
Colonel Sandurz: Yes, sir!
Dark Helmet: Did you see anything?
Colonel Sandurz: No, sir! I didn't see you playing with you dolls again.
Dark Helmet: Good!
---------------------------
Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN???
Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
Dark Helmet: Before you die there is something you should know about us, Lone Star.
Lone Star: What?
Dark Helmet: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
Lone Star: What's that make us?
Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing! Which is what you are about to become.

Spaceballs. The best spoof ever.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 18th, 2002, 08:50:48 PM
"THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!"

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 18th, 2002, 10:35:57 PM
"This is my rifle, this is my gun..one is for fighting, one is for fun."

"God was here before the Marines! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your a$$ belongs to the Corps!"

"Me so horny...me so horrny! Me love you long time. You party?"

FULL METAL JACKET >D

Arya Ravenwing
Aug 19th, 2002, 12:23:59 AM
"The horror...the horror..."

Apocalpse Now

(LD again..:p)

Quadinaros
Aug 19th, 2002, 07:30:26 AM
"You know you're a mumblin' stutterin' little f***, ya know dat?"

"Did you ever take a dump that made you feel like you just slept for two days?"

"Maybe our problems don't amount to a hill of beans, but this is our hill, and these are our beans."

"Any man don't wanna get killed, better clear on out the back."

"Here's two words for you. Shut the f*** up."

"Any sonofabitch takes a shot at me, not only am I gonna kill him., but I'm gonna kill his wife and friends, and burn his damn house down."

Khan Surak
Aug 19th, 2002, 08:57:03 AM
"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick a$$... and I'm all out of bubble gum."

-THEY LIVE

"Whattaya lookin' at? You're all a bunch of f****** a$$holes. You know why? 'Cause you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your f****** fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what dat make you? Good? You're not good; you just know how to hide. Howda lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth--even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on; the last time you gonna see a bad guy like this, let me tell ya. Come on, make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through; you better get outta his way!"

"Say 'ello to mah little friend!"

"You f*** wit me, you f*** wit da best!"

-SCARFACE

"He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way. And that's how you get Capone."

"I want this guy, dead! I want his family, dead! I want his house burnt to the ground! I want to go there in the middle of the night and piss on his ashes!"

-THE UNTOUCHABLES

CMJ
Aug 19th, 2002, 08:59:55 AM
Great exchange in "Jaws". It gives me chills everytime I watch the film. Actually this whole scene(just took a snippet) is one of the best I've ever seen. It starts out comedic...turns deathly dramatic...and then goes back to comedy. It's so well done it's unbeliveable.

"You were on the Indianapolis?"

"What happened?"

"Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, Chief. We was comin' back from the island of Tinian Delailie, we'd just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in twelve minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half hour. Tiger. Thirteen footer. You know how you know that in the water, Chief? You can tell by lookin' from the dorsal to the tail. What we didn't know, was that our bomb mission was so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, sharks come cruisin', so we formed ourselves into tight groups. It was sorta like you see in the calendars, you know the squares in the old calendars like the Battle o' Waterloo and the idea was the shark come to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin' and hollerin' and sometimes that shark he go away... but sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about a shark is he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn't even seem to be livin'... 'til he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'. The ocean turns red, and despite all your poundin' and your hollerin' those sharks come in and... they rip you to pieces. You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don't know how many sharks, maybe a thousand. I do know how many men, they averaged six an hour. Thursday mornin', Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player. Bosun's mate. I thought he was asleep, Reached over to wake him up. He bobbed up, down in the water, he was like a kinda top. Upended. Well, he'd been bitten in half below the waist. Noon the fifth day a Lockheed Ventura swung in low and he spotted us, a young pilot, lot younger than Mr. Hooper here, anyway he spotted us and a few hours later a big ol' fat PBY come down and start to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened? Waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went into the water. Three hundred and sixteen men come out, the sharks took the rest, June the twenty-ninth, nineteen-forty five. Anyway, we delivered the bomb."

Darth Viscera
Aug 19th, 2002, 09:29:06 AM
"Normally, both of you would be dead as ****ing fried chicken by now, but since I'm in a transitional period, I don't want to kill either one of your asses."

Samuel L. Jackson, Pulp Fiction

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 19th, 2002, 09:42:59 AM
"Chew, if only you could see what I've seen with your eyes."

Roy Batty, BLADERUNNER

JMK
Aug 19th, 2002, 10:13:15 AM
CMJ, that is a harrowing sequence. I still remember that from when I was a kid, and it made me petrified of sharks to this day!

darth_mcbain
Aug 19th, 2002, 10:14:25 AM
Its tough to come up with absolute favorites, here are some of mine (bear with me, going from memory here...)

"At the moment he died, he said 'Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do', and with that I felt the sword taken from my hand..."
-Ben Hur

"Sometimes whether a man speaks or stays silent, it makes no difference"
> "That's nice, but sad... Who said it?"
"Noone. Noone said it. This time its all me..."

"Don't come back. And if you do, don't come see me, I won't let you in. I don't want to hear you anymore. I want to hear of you..."
-Cinema Paradiso

"Say, I'm having a little get-together at the yacht club later today, do you have any plans"
> "No sir."
"Great! How'd you like to mow my lawn?"
-Caddyshack

"Marion's the least of your worries now."
> "What do you mean?"
"Well, for nearly three thousand years man has been searching for the lost ark. That's not something to be taken lightly. Noone knows its secrets. Its like nothing you've gone after before."
> *laughs* "Marcus, what are you trying to do, scare me? We've been friends for a long time, you know me, I don't believe in a lot of hocus-pocus... I'm going after a find of incredible historical signifigance and you're talking about the boogey-man. Besides, you know what a cautious fellow I am..."

"Indy, there is something that troubles me. The ark... If it is there, at Tanis, then it is something that man was not meant to disturb. Death has always surrounded it. It is not of this earth..."

"Don't look at it, Marion. Keep your eyes shut and don't look at it, no matter what happens!!!"
-Raiders of the Lost Ark

"No, you're coming with me. I'll not leave you here, I have to save you."
> "You already have, Luke. You were right. You were right about me. Tell your sister, you were right..."
-ROTJ

Jedieb
Aug 19th, 2002, 12:14:40 PM
"Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me there.

We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the nclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I'd prefer you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to.

KAFFEE
Did you order the code red?

JESSEP
I did the job you sent me to do.

KAFFEE
Did you order the code red?

JESSEP
You're goddamn right I did!"

So much of what Jessup said and did was right on the mark. He didn't abandon his ideals and honor when he ordered the code red, he abandoned them when he decided to cover it up and not accept responsibility for it. He thought HIMSELF irreplaceable. He thought he WAS the corps. You SERVE, you don't presume to think you're above the corps or the law.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 19th, 2002, 12:20:45 PM
"I am insane, and you are my insanity." James Cole, 12 Monkeys

Garrett Blade
Aug 19th, 2002, 02:55:22 PM
[/i]Ash:[/i] You still don't know what you're dealing with do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.
Lambert: You admire it.
Ash: I admire its purity, its sense of survival; unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Parker: I've heard enough and I'm asking you to pull the plug.
Ash: One more word. I can't speak for your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Ash from Alien (he's one of my favourite villains of all time)

I've been dead once already; it's very liberating. You might think of it as... therapy.

Never rub another man's rhubarb

Now comes the part where I relieve you, the little people, of the burden of your failed and useless lives. But remember, as my plastic surgeon always said: if you gotta go, go with a smile.

And now, folks, it's time for "Who do you trust!" Hubba, hubba, hubba! Money, money, money! Who do you trust? Me? I'm giving away free money. And where is the Batman? HE'S AT HOME WASHING HIS TIGHTS!

My face on the one dollar bill

Do I look like I'm joking?

New and improved Joker products! With a new secret ingredient: Smylex

Jack is dead, my friend. You can call me... Joker. And as you can see, I'm a lot happier!

My balloons. Those are my balloons. He stole my balloons! Why didn't anyone tell me he had one of those... things? Bob, gun

Joker here. Now you fellas have said some pretty mean things. Some of which where true, of the theif, Boss Grisholm. He was a theif, and a terrorist. One the other hand he had a tremendous singing voice. He's dead now. He's left me in charge. Now, I can't be theatrical, and maybe even a little rough, but one thing I am not, is a KILLER

Ah, come on you gruesome, son of a bitch! Come to me. Ha ha, come on!

Darling, I've got to get you to the church on time

Batman? Batman? Would someone please tell me what kind of a world we live in where a man dressed as a bat gets all of my press? This town needs an enema!"

What kinda of a world is this where a man dressed as a bat gets ALL MY PUBLICITY?! This town needs an enema!

"Winged freak terrorizes"? Wait'll they get a load of ME!

The Joker: Who's this loss?
Bob the Goon: This is Knox, the reporter.
The Joker: Bad tie.

You set me up over a woman, a WOMAN! You must be insane...

I'm the world's first homicidal artist. I make art until someone dies.

At midnight, I will dump twenty million in cash on the crowd. Don't worry about me, I have enough.

Here we are, the perfect pair...Beauty and the Beast. Mind you, if anybody calls you beast, I'll rip their lungs out. (I think I've said that to you, DeVille! :))

Sometimes I just kill myself!

Batman: Let me tell you about this guy I know. Jack. Bad seed. Mean. Hurt people.
The Joker: I like him already.

The Joker - Batman

That's all for now. More to come no doubt!

ReaperFett
Aug 19th, 2002, 05:25:06 PM
For Buff :)

"Bea Arthur? Outstanding"

Name the film :)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 19th, 2002, 11:09:58 PM
Great quote, CMJ! I loved when Quint was telling about the Indianapolis !! and I think it was in the first post (JMK?), the line from Airplane ? "And dont call me Shirley "...I still laugh at that!! Gods, I love Leslie Nielson!!

ROFL, Fett!! *misses Buff! :cry

CMJ
Aug 20th, 2002, 07:46:03 AM
"Learned a new word today. Atom bomb. It was like the God taking a photograph." -EMPIRE OF THE SUN-

"I've lived with these men, sir, for two and a half years and I will not order them all to their deaths. " -THE THIN RED LINE-

Jedieb
Aug 20th, 2002, 07:41:48 PM
"Stick up your chin. Higher." POWWWW!!!

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 20th, 2002, 08:10:45 PM
I just saw this movie so I will have to quote it

Terence Mann: : People will come, Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway, not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door, innocent as children, longing for the past.

Terence Mann: The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again. Oh people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come.

Dr. Archibald "Moonlight" Graham: Well, you know I... I never got to bat in the major leagues. I would have liked to have had that chance. Just once. To stare down a big league pitcher. To stare him down, and just as he goes into his windup, wink. Make him think you know something he doesn't. That's what I wish for. Chance to squint at a sky so blue that it hurts your eyes just to look at it. To feel the tingling in your arm as you connect with the ball. To run the bases -- stretch a double into a triple, and flop face-first into third, wrap your arms around the bag. That's my wish, Ray Kinsella. That's my wish. And is there enough magic out there in the moonlight to make this dream come true.

Shoeless Joe Jackson: Ty Cobb wanted to play. None of could stand the son-of-a-bitch when we were alive, so we told him to stick it!

Terence Mann: Peace, love, dope! Now get the hell out of here.

The Voice: If you build it, he will come.

Field of Dreams

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 20th, 2002, 08:24:30 PM
Anything from Flying High

"What do you make of this?"

"Ohhh, I can make a hat, a broach, a necktie, a terytactle..."

"I Picked the wrong weeek to give up smoking" "... drinking " "... ampetimenes" ".... cocaine" "..... glue sniffing"

JMK
Aug 20th, 2002, 08:54:04 PM
Mikey: Ok, uh, this side will be the little girls room, and this side will be the little boys room."

*Brandon chooses door #3*

Mikey: Brand, where you going?

Brandon: "This is the men's room."

Goonies:)

Jedieb
Aug 20th, 2002, 09:14:28 PM
Field of Dreams, I cry like a damn baby everytime his Dad takes off that catcher's mask. :cry

Zasz Grimm
Aug 20th, 2002, 09:15:48 PM
"Game over man, Game over! What the f*** are we gonna do now, what're we gonna do!?"

-Hudson, Aliens.

"Get away from her you B*tch!"

-Ripley, Aliens.

Alonzo: "You want to get the evidence?"

Hoyt: "F*** that"

Alonzo: "My nigga"

-Denzel Washington and Ethan Hawke, Training Day

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 20th, 2002, 09:28:30 PM
I love Field of Dreams it is the best baseball movie, in my opinion, I love James Earl Jones in it, it is one of his best roles, I also liked that scene at the end, Jedieb, a few tears comes to my eyes too.

darth_mcbain
Aug 21st, 2002, 09:19:59 AM
On the subject of Baseball movies, The Natural has some good quotes in it...

"I could have been better. I could have broken every record in the book"
> "And then what?"
"And then, when I walk down the street, people will say 'There goes Roy Hobbs, the BEST there ever was in the game'"

"Aint nothing like it. Nothing like being on a farm"
> "My Ma always wanted me to be a farmer."
"My Dad always wanted me to be a baseball player"
> "Well you're better than anyone I ever had. And your the best damn hitter I ever saw!"

"I always believe we have two lives: The life we learn with, and the life we live with after that."

And of course, from Field of Dreams:
"Is this heaven?"
> "This is Iowa..."
"I coulda sworn it was heaven"
> "Is there a heaven?"
"Oh yes. Its the place where dreams come true."
> "Maybe, this is heaven..."