PDA

View Full Version : And you think you got it hard (open, not particularily lookin to fight)

Dios Kane
Aug 17th, 2002, 11:20:04 PM
:: Dios sat on the side of the road, his legs hangin off the side of the mountain. His motorcycle lay some feeet away, it was cooling down, it had been a long day and the weather hadnt been the friendliest he'd seen before. Dios looked up at the moon before takin a swig from his flask. He was too tired to do anything else. This job was tiring, he couldn't be in a hundred places at once, the vamps were though and he couldn't keep up with all of them, kill many of them for that matter. He leaned back on his elbow and stared upwards. What a life... But good nonetheless, he still had Maia, and the jedi, those were the two only things keepin him goin now, those jedi that actually got up and fought when something was wrong, like Kindo, Zeke and Wei. Dios had never seen them turn down a job to protect the innocent. He hadn't seen any of them in a while, Kindo a bit back though, but still. He hadn't seen Maia for a while either. He thought he might get sick if he stayed away from her any longer. He needed her, but he had to continue, just not exactly right now.::

Maia Tharrinn
Aug 18th, 2002, 02:34:35 AM
Maia had been searching for Dios for some time now. There link always keeping her one step behind. He never seemed to settle in one place long enough for her to catch up. She walked up the side of the mountain. Her mind told her he would be there but her heart worried she had missed him yet again.

Spotting his bike she sighed in relief. Her heart clenching at the thought of seeing him. It had been far to long. She knew what he was doing was important but she ached without him and with the worry that filled her days while he was away. Moving closer she saw him there, sitting on the edge, his head bent in weary resignation. There seemed to be so many things haunting him. His memories coming back to the surface with the lose of Tomak from the light. She knew he must have had a lot on his mind when he did not sense her presence so close. She moved up behind him and ran her hand softly over his hair.

"Dios..." It was all she could manage...

Dios Kane
Aug 18th, 2002, 09:13:28 AM
:: Dios startled as she ran her hand over his hair and spoke. He turned his head quickly and backed away a bit.::
Maia! sorry, you scared the crap out of me! Wha are you doin here?
:: Dios was so surprised to see her here, he'd sensed her almost right there by his side almost everyday. He'd thought it had been his imagination, he guessed not.::
Maia...
:: He sat up now and took off the infrared glasses he hadn't taken off in so long.::

Zeke
Aug 18th, 2002, 11:33:05 AM
Zeke landed in a tree across the road from Dios and Maia. Force control was a li'l mo'; he'd pushed himself to his highest limit, following his master. He could still remember the training session when she'd left...

"Zeke, focus...now...I've had it! I'm going to find him!"
"Him?"

She'd been gone before he'd said another word. He sat silently in the tree, unknown to both of them. He'd wait until they'd caught up to come forth himself.

Heero Luna
Aug 18th, 2002, 03:22:48 PM
Heero watched the couple through the window of the transporter. His forehead squashed against the glass. Never before had he witnessed such a surge in the force.

Maia Tharrinn
Aug 19th, 2002, 01:56:05 AM
Maia bent down beside Dios her hand that had been rubbing his hair back trailed softly across his cheek. She could see the weary ache in his eye's The hurt and the pain he had gone through watching the vampires kill flooded his soul and in turn ate at hers. She understood his reasons for what he was doing and she wished there was someway to erase the hurt in his eye's.

"Dios come home. If only for a while, come back to your friends and let yourself heal my love. You shoulder to much. I understand why. My heart cries out for the same thing yours does but you need to rest." She whispered softly her eyes beseeching him.

She opened herself to the force. linking herself even closer to him, trying to give him what ease and strength she could from herself. There was no other that she loved more than him and it made her power all the stronger when he was near. Picking up the goggles he had been wearing she shook her head sadly. Her eyes flickered between his and the cold truth that lay in her hand. "Sometimes Dios you have to leave the darkness alone and let it be. It will always be there for you to battle. Sometimes you have to step away from what you feel you must do to let yourself heal my beloved." She dropped the goggles to the ground. His hand automatically reached for them. She stopped it just before it did. Lifting his hand she placed it on her own cheek. "I have missed your touch Dios..."

Dios Kane
Aug 19th, 2002, 03:31:07 PM
:: Dios relaxed partly as his hand touched her face. He wasn't sure if she was right but he wanted her to be. How he wanted her to be.::
Alright, I'll come back, but only for a little while. You know I fight this darkness for the exact reason that it will always be there. It seems that there isn't always light to fight it back though. You know how I feel about the council and all but... Anyways, lets go back now. I am tired and I need to sleep. Have you been walking all this time?
:: Dios pulled her up and deftly placed the goggles in his inside pocket where his flask use to stay. It now stayed right by his gun, it seemed more comfortable there now.::

Zeke
Aug 19th, 2002, 03:43:52 PM
Zeke shifted as Dios and Maia rose. If they were done doing their thing he could go talk without fear of interrupting them.

Maia Tharrinn
Aug 20th, 2002, 07:39:44 PM
She smiled softly, her eyes weary but happy. "No I have not been walking but it feels as if I have been searching for you forever." She leaned into his and softly kissed his lips. "I feel my padawan close by. I think he to has been worried about his friend."

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 20th, 2002, 10:09:05 PM
Through a darkened patch of underbrush, a pair of eyes watched the three Jedi...

Dios Kane
Aug 21st, 2002, 04:28:32 PM
:: Dios turned his head to Zeke, the kid had a signature that made him stick out like a sore thumb. He would never take Zeke hunting, that was for sure. Then Dios' eye twitched slightly and then he was standing in front of Maia with his gun pointed to some underbrush a bit away. He wasn't parinoid, just very cautious. The feeling went away just as fast and he turned to Maia with a smile, he holstered his gun and led her to his motorcycle.::
Well, it's not too far to the nearest port, we can head back to Yavin and settle down at the GJO for a bit before I gotta go back out again.
:: Dios turned to Zeke, who was still far enough to be yelled for.::
And if anyone else needs a ride, they won't get it, there's only room for two.
:: He laughed and waved to Zeke for him to hurry over before they continued.::

Zeke
Aug 21st, 2002, 06:45:35 PM
Zeke got out of the tree, making a note to work on Force masking. He was there in an instant.

"I'll run. I'll bet my Force boosting is good enough to keep up."

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:15:12 PM
The shadowing presence pursued the group, perhaps slower than their mode of travel, but in an unerring way. Even when they were out of sight, the path they took was written in bright color.

Dios Kane
Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:08:37 AM
:: They stopped outside the port, Dios made arrangements for the motorcycle to be transported to a cargo ship headed for Yavin.::
Whaddya say we get a drink huh?

Maia Tharrinn
Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:09:13 PM
Maia nodded with a tired smile. She was just happy to have him back even if it was for a short time. Turing she began to follow. She stopped short and lifted her head. She felt something watching. Unsure of what it was she shook her head. Slipping her hand into Dios arm she laid her head on his arm. "A drink sounds good to me. Come on Zeke." She said smiling at her padawan. She was glad to have him along. "Something was not right."

Zeke
Aug 22nd, 2002, 02:13:52 PM
Zeke got the creepy tingly feeling he was being watched. They'd reveal themselves eventually, so he ignored it.

"Drinks! Dios, go mix something in the sink!"

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 22nd, 2002, 05:59:07 PM
From the rode behind, a large, greyish-silver furred wolf came trotting up. Its ears were perked high and its eyes glinted a faint yellow.

Dios Kane
Aug 23rd, 2002, 06:30:58 PM
:: Dios had one hand on Maia's head one second and then all the sudden he was turned with his gun pointed to the approaching dog.::
Do whatever you can dog, wolves can be buddies to vamps and I have no love for anything that has to do with em.
:: Dios slightly pulled the hammer back as the gun stayed aimed on the wolf, if it moved a step closer,it died, friendly or not. If it was only a wolf, then so be it.::

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 23rd, 2002, 06:38:15 PM
The wolf seemed to instantly recognize the thing in Dios's hand. It recoiled, head low to the ground...growling lowly.

Maia Tharrinn
Aug 26th, 2002, 11:16:42 AM
Maia Bent low and squatted. She put her hand out her fingers turned in. "It's ok Dios, if he was going to attack he would have already. Maybe he is just hungry. He does seem a little different though doesn't he." She said in a slightly distracted tone. She pulled her ever present pouch out that she carried Ari's raw meat in. and held it lightly in her fingers. "Maybe he smelled Ari's snacks?"

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 26th, 2002, 11:26:14 AM
He did not budge, keeping his eyes on Dios.

Dios Kane
Aug 26th, 2002, 04:40:39 PM
:: Dios shook his head, watching the world reflect in the eyes of the wolf... it was too smart to be normal, those eyes evaluated too much to be normal. His gun still trained on the wolf he spoke.::
Three choices buddy; take the pet food and leave, do something that shows why I shouldn't waste you, or step closer and get drilled between the ears.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 26th, 2002, 04:48:07 PM
Slowly, Diego trotted toward Maia, eyes still fixed on the gun. He cautiously approached her offering, sniffing carefully. All the while, he turned his form so that Maia was between Dios and himself. He keened softly, looking up to her.

Maia Tharrinn
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:28:52 AM
Maia smiled as she watched the wolf. He was a smart one all right. She pushed the food slightly closer and grinned. "Come on baby, I won't hurt you." She cooed softly in a gently tone. She brought her other hand up carefully and let him smell it. After he gave it a sniff, she reached up and scratched behind his ears.

"See Dios, he is friendly enough and his eye's almost human." She muttered softly. Her eye's locked on the wolfs own...

Zeke
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:33:51 AM
"Human eyes? You mean like that Silverback thing at the waterfall that one time?"

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 29th, 2002, 11:38:31 AM
Diego's eyes turned in Zeke's direction as he spoke.

Dios Kane
Aug 29th, 2002, 03:07:42 PM
Exactly like that Silverback thing... I guess. Okay Maia, whatever you say babe.
:: Dios holstered his weapon and watched as the wolf turned to Zeke.::
Well, he's fed, and if he wants anymore he can ask. But I want a drink, you guys?

Zeke
Aug 29th, 2002, 08:07:44 PM
"Sure."

Zeke turned to go, but looked back over his shoulder at Diego before he finally started walking. Why did that statement seem to bother the wolf? Zeke didn't get it, unless...

"Are you human?" he asked the wolf.

Diego Van Derveld
Aug 29th, 2002, 08:32:48 PM
The wolf paused, eyes regarding Zeke. Then, with a keen, it scuffed the dry ground with a paw, until something discernible could be seen.

NO

By the time it had been seen, the wolf was already loping away, toward the forest.

Zeke
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:42:37 AM
"Nice handwriting. It's even legible. Have you guys EVER seen a more perfect 'no' written in the sand before?"

Zeke was exaggerating for humor. They needed a good laugh right now.

Dios Kane
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:15:05 PM
:: Dios stared at it for a moment then looked to the dog as it walked away. Whatever, he was thirsty, he'd deal with it later. He turned and left for the bar.::

Maia Tharrinn
Sep 1st, 2002, 09:11:00 PM
Maia stood up her eyes were wide and surprised by the turn of events. "Well that was interesting to say the least." She said with a shaky laugh. She slipped her arm into Dios's and Zekes. "Come on let's go get that drink before something else strange happens.."

Zeke
Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:31:38 AM
"YEAH! DRINKS!"

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:36:04 AM
Retreating into the shadows of the forest, the wolf paused, resting on his haunches...then changed, slowly twisting into a naked, bipedal form. For a moment he sat there, allowing the disorientation to pass, but then he was in action...kicking over a rotted stump nearby to expose a pre-planted cache. There were blaster rifles, thermal detonators, vibroblades, and a black nightsuit to cover his naked form. After two minutes, Diego had retrieved his gear, and was ready.

Dios Kane
Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:10:36 AM
:: Dios took the two inside a bar and got them a table. He was starving, not to mention parched.::

What do you guys want?

:: He tried to sound casual but the wolf had bothered him a bit. He had a few questions to worry about but hunger over mind was always a priority.::

Zeke
Sep 2nd, 2002, 07:51:51 PM
Zeke grinned.

"As usual, I'll have what you're having, but weaker."

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:17:53 PM
Diego worked a series of snapped branches and bits of foliage into webbing that was sewn into his suit...forming a ghillie suit that was uniquely adapted to the woods around him. He inched forward in a prone position, inch-by-inch, until he came upon a vantage that overlooked an expansive window of the nearby bar. The owner, a man named Survak, had secured the investment of his employer in his newest franchise...of which the contents for sale were seldom openly advertised. It just so happened that Survak was becoming far too entrepeneurial in his new business. In legitimate circles, such renegades would be cut down by lawyers and breach of contract subpoenas.

In the underworld...the courts were very as quick as the squeeze of a trigger.

Diego steadied his breath, switching the laser actuator on his rifle on. The illuminated dot shone pale green, but only in an amplified visual spectrum. Diego peered through his rifle's scope, which was configured to detect that precise EM emission. The glowing dot danced around Survak...until three people entered, blocking his firing path!

Dios Kane
Sep 6th, 2002, 05:55:38 PM
:: Dios saw the three dots on his chest and looked up, his glasses identifying the source of the lasers. A man! Dios suddenly turned, his gun in his hand, pointed at this man, who had the nerve to mess with Dios before he got his drink.::

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 8th, 2002, 07:40:39 PM
OOC: Dios, the entire point of that was to show that the laser designator can't be seen, unless you have the correct spectrum amplifiers that allow you to see the otherwise invisible beam. I'll edit an IC post when you fix this.

Dios Kane
Sep 9th, 2002, 08:24:38 PM
ooc: no prob, the glasses are fully equipped to a wide spectrum of light, Dios is a bit paranoid and won't let much pass by, if this is not possible, I'll change it right away and make sure this post is edited to ic also.