PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding Shelters, and Lost Hopes(open)

Ki-Adi Kindo
Aug 16th, 2002, 08:52:45 PM
Lean on me, when you're not strong,
i'll be your friend, i'll help you carry on,
for it won't be long, till i'm gonna need,
somebody to lean on.

Just call on me brother, when you need
a hand, we all need somebody to lean on.

On the planet of Dantooine a small village had been badly damaged due to a massive storm that haunted the village the previous few days. The villager's homes were weathered by the storm's harsh winds, and the rain sent mud flowing and overrunning through the dusty streets. Many Jedi believed that fighting battles and making great speeches were the only things to take part in, but people needed help, and Kindo, along with his personal aid Quinton were their to help rebuild homes and dreams. Kindo hoped other Jedi would show and take part in helping out the less fortunate, lend a helping hand. He approached one of the demolished homes and began rebuilding it with aid of the community. He started by repairing a hole in the roof.

Zeke
Aug 16th, 2002, 09:01:22 PM
Zeke pulled himself from the wreck of a house.

"Hey, check it! I found kids!"

Zeke reached in and pulled two frightened little girls from the house. They ran back toward the mainland where there was an effort to build a small, temporary camp for the villagers. Zeke stretched and yawned.

"If we're gonna clean this village up, we gotta make 'em new houses an' all. Or maybe we could salvage these ones?"

Lance Kindo
Aug 16th, 2002, 09:12:41 PM
" Salvage these old ones. "

Quinton yelled from a far distance while working on a destroyed home by draining some of the overflowing water into holes he had dug for such a reason.

imported_Terran Starek
Aug 31st, 2002, 12:59:51 AM
Terran showed up a bit late--he had just gotten word of the mess from Kindo's message. He wanted to help. He had brought a cargo of supplies for the GJO--food, blankets, and tents for temporary shelter. There was no way to get the town rebuilt before night fall.

"Greetings, Kindo. I brought some various supplies. What can I help you with?" He questioned the fellow Jedi, glancing about at the numerous tasks that were before them.

Maia Tharrinn
Aug 31st, 2002, 11:52:39 AM
Maia had tied her hair back and slipped on some well worn pants and a shirt she had borrowed from Dios. She had been told by Kindo that the small village was in ruins and she wanted to help any way she could. Maia stopped by the small store and bought some supplies that she loaded into her small ship. She rifled through them trying to sort out where things would go. "Small toys for the children, a lot of food, cleaning supplies and some building materials." She muttered.

Nodding to herself she jumped in and made her way to the village to meet Kindo. When she arrived her eyes widened in shock. So much devastation, Her heart ached for the people.

"Kindo... I am here and have some supplies." She called out. Taking out her hair cover she put it on. Today was going to be very busy...

Ki-Adi Kindo
Aug 31st, 2002, 12:03:12 PM
Kindo halted the rough labor for a moment, turning his attention towards Terran Starek.

" Help with construction on these damaged homes. "

The Jedi then glanced back at his master, very glad, yet not suprised she was there with them on that scorching day.

" Thanks Maia, I knew you would arrive! "

Kindo usually bowed to his master, but due to their great friendship, he gave her a hug. A bright smile reflected off his face. The Padawan then continued constructing the wrecked abodes, happy that the other Jedi had arrived.

Dios Kane
Aug 31st, 2002, 04:29:17 PM
:: Dios came trotting along behind Maia, he didn't feel like smiling, he'd seen the villlage enough and he had wanted to go straight to work with helping but Maia had insisted they meet up with Kindo first. He extended his hand to Kindo, a good friend of his.::
How are you feelin Count? Ready to get some mud on your robes as we help those in need?

Ki-Adi Kindo
Aug 31st, 2002, 04:51:16 PM
" You bet. Couden't do it without you Dios! "

The Padawan was glad that Dios had arrived, for the pair were great friends. Kane was always eager and ready to help, no matter what the circumstances. Ki extended his hand to meet with that of Dios, a sign of friendship and trust. Kindo then began working on the house he had began on, repairing the damaged roof.

imported_Terran Starek
Aug 31st, 2002, 07:44:56 PM
"Hey Dios! Good to see you, friend," Terran said, poking his head out from the small hut he was reconstructing. He flashed a smile at his roomate and continued to help the family put their house back together. He didn't understand their language--it was a foreign tongue he was not familiar with. It didn't matter. Through the Force, he could feel that their tones were warm and thankful.

Truly, the character of a Jedi was proven by his willingness to do the small things. Those that no one would know about; those that many would overlook. Even so, the family who had a roof over its head at the end of this night would remember the deed for life.

imported_Lance Stormrider
Aug 31st, 2002, 07:52:08 PM
: A wind a shadow, an extreme speed something was swifting where did it come from east or west nort or south? A strider could be seen on one of the damaged roofs, he took his mask and flipped back on the ground landing next to Maia, the knight then looked around.::

"Ouf! We got some work here." Lance said putting a hand on Maia's shoulder

Dios Kane
Aug 31st, 2002, 10:22:07 PM
:: Dios was done with the hellos and hand shakes for the moment, work was to be done and he had work to do. He turned and headed for a place where someone needed help. To him, that was everywhere. He walked over to a group of people, all of them staring at a vehicle in the middle of their wrecked house. Whatever had happened here hadn't been pretty and it would be something that had ruined the bright future of some of them. It was their job to ensure that these people were given back their oppurtunities to continue in life.
Without a word, Dios climbed over onto the ruins and drew his saber. The orange blade sliced out into the crisp air and he slowly cut the vehicle into pieces that could be carried off easier than some big hulking piece of junk.::

Zeke
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:20:13 AM
Zeke lifted a chunk of the vehicle with Force-boosted strength.

"Any place handy to dump the car chunks? Or maybe we could figure out a way to use these..."

Maia Tharrinn
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:20:17 AM
Maia smiled and Hugged Kindo back and turned to Dios. Giving her greeting silently. He was unusually quiet lately and it worried her. Maia sighed softly and bent to pick up her supplies.

She smiled as she felt the presence of Lance and his familiar touch. She had adopted Lance as her brother to replace the one she had lost. She missed Mikal but he had made it clear he did not want to hear her anymore.

Maia placed her hand on top of his. "Yes, a lot of work to do but well worth it bro. I'm glad you came." She said with a sad smile. So many things seemed to be going on lately. People getting hurt, villages being destroyed, and the darkside creeping up on those she loved. She was glad to be surrounded by such caring people. "Kindo has a good heart." She said softly. She nodded toward a house and began her tasks...

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:17:04 AM
Unfortunately, some houses would not be able to undergo repair in this short time. For those families, Terran had brought some tents along for the night. He began to put them up--slowly, it was a large task. They were enormous--able to hold a couple of families each. He struggled with putting them together, but he would not give up on it.

Zeke
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:57:56 AM
Zeke put down the car chunk nearby, out of the way, and approached Terran. He took some pieces of the tent and started setting up the side opposite his fellow Jedi.

"Need a hand?"

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 4th, 2002, 01:44:39 PM
"Thank you," Terran said, groaning with his hands full. The two got the tent part up easily together. They strung it up, and after getting it taken care of, stepped back to admire their work.

"Thanks again. I appreciate the help greatly. I don't think we've formally met. My name is Terran Starek, padawan to Verse Dawnstrider."

Zeke
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:36:26 PM
"Name's Zeke! Maia's my master." He grinned happily and shook Terran's hand. "Nice to meet'cha!"

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:47:29 PM
Wei arrived at the ruined village. Wei had never lived in a house before, so it would be pretty interesting to learn how to build a house.

"Hi, all!" Wei said cheerily. "How can I help?"

Da-Xia
Sep 5th, 2002, 06:17:59 PM
She had watched the village become ruined, and she stood among the villagers, actually among the children. Most were crying and upset, and well, Xia could not have that.

"Hey there, don't cry, these nice people are gonna fix your homes." she said enthusastically, which didn't help the children one bit, she sighed and went with the old back-up plan. She took a mask from her back pocket, and put it over her face. It made her look like a clown, and she started to do silly things to keep the children of the ruined village happy, and out of the workers way.

Zeke
Sep 5th, 2002, 10:33:31 PM
The children smiled at the clown. Zeke came by and squeezed her shoulder.

"Thanks. Suppose you could cook 'em something to eat? Kindo and I got here early in the morning to save villagers from houses. Now its noon or so, and we're just starting on the houses. No one's had any food today."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 6th, 2002, 02:07:12 PM
Wei wore a pair of black baggy pants and a white tank top. His feet were shod in a pair of dirty brown work boots.

"I'm glad I packed these clothes when I came!" Wei smiled and turned to Kindo.

"So, what needs to be done?"

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 6th, 2002, 02:43:32 PM
Terran, after errecting the tent, stood beside Wei Wu Wei. He was waiting for some other instructions. There was plenty to do, but he thought that if someone was in charge and organizing the effort, they would all be better off.

Dios Kane
Sep 6th, 2002, 02:50:25 PM
:: Dios got down from the now dissassembled bus and turned to the others just standing there. He gave them a smile of reassurance and nodded.::

Wei... We're gonna need your strength to move the rubble out of the way, Terran... if you wouldn't mind finding some kind of building that we can turn into a place like a community center, that'd be great. We could start working from there. And Kindo, if you wouldn't mind goin around and handing out rations, I'm sure Maia and I brought a lot and then I'm not sure how many you guys have.
And another thing... don't use your force powers to the extreme, the usage could get you tired and we're gonna need all the energy we can get to keep this place runnin. It's our job.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 6th, 2002, 02:55:18 PM
"Sounds good," Terran replied with a smile. He headed out into the small clusters of buildings. He would seek out a proper building. It could take awhile for him to select a good one and clear it out, but he would do so.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 6th, 2002, 04:05:15 PM
Wei moved over to a large chunk of house that stood in the middle of the street and channeled the Force into his arms.

With a small grunt of effort, Wei lifed the debris and began to take it to a place on the edge of the village to make a pile.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 7th, 2002, 07:54:37 PM
" Sounds great to me, just has long has things get accomplished. "

Kindo gathered up numerous rations, preparing to give them to the restless villagers. Once most of them were obtained within a tattered bag he had discovered, he began bestowing the food. A young girl approached the Jedi, hoping to receive some nourishment. He reached into his rugged pack and grasped one of the numerous meals, extending it outwards for her to acquire. The serene child accepted the ration, then turned to give the Jedi a gentle hug. A broad smile came upon his face has he warmly embraced the youngster's love. She then strolled off, returning to her family. Kindo watched the quiet child run off, and a gladness filled his heart like never before, for he was truly delighted. He continued donating the supplies of food out to the fatigued residents.

imported_Lance Stormrider
Sep 7th, 2002, 08:01:19 PM
:: Lance walked towards the children he just loved children and he loved to entertain them::

"Kids!!!!" Lance said running towards them throwing his strider tunic not to scare them.

"Zeke we should definitively cook them something..." He said scaratching his head

"Watcha wanna eat buddys!?" Lance said with a happy voice as he suddenly turned around and winked at the others.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 8th, 2002, 08:47:36 AM
Wei saw Lance's uncharacteristic energy. "Well what do you know?" Wei laughed heartily and began to move another piece of a demolished house.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 9th, 2002, 08:42:32 AM
"Dios!" Terran called for his roomate in the old village ruins. "Dios! I think I found something." As Dios joined him, he could see the structure of what appeared to be some kind of temple or church. It was very large--at leas the size of a small hangar bay--and he could see several oppurtunites for tables and seating. This would do well.

"That should take care of a place. Time to prepare it," he said with a smile. This helping--this caring--made a force in him stir like none other. He truly appreciated the value of kindness.

Maia Tharrinn
Sep 9th, 2002, 09:33:08 AM
Maia was bent down pulling nails out of a piece of wood they could use. Her mind was elsewhere. She was enjoying the work but had a lot on her mind. Standing up she leaned the nail free wood against the wall and went to work on another. It felt good to be doing something constructive and helpful with the guys...

Zeke
Sep 9th, 2002, 10:05:40 AM
Zeke approached a box of rations.

"What've we got? Pancake mix? Pancake mix. Where'd we put the stoves?"

Krieger
Sep 9th, 2002, 02:58:10 PM
From the distance horizon, came a tall figure wearing a muscle shirt and a pair of tatered carpenter's pants. He surveyed the area, looking with dispair.

"Wow... all these buildings and wrecked dreams."he said quietly under his breath. "This is terrible."

He then walked to aid his fellow Jedi in the labor that was to be done. A little girl in the distance hid behind some rubble as the gigantic Jedi padawan passed by. "Don't be afraid, small one. I won't hurt you." he said with his voice deep, yet calm. The little girl then walked towards him, and gave him a small hug of trust. He picked her up and hoisted her onto his shoulder. He walked over to his Master, Maia Tharrinn, and said "Hiya, Maia. How's it going?" he said playfully, trying to brighten a dark scene.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 9th, 2002, 03:29:18 PM
Wei smiled as he saw Krieger. "Krieger! Just the Gentle Giant I needed to see! I got huge rocks to move. Care to help?"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 9th, 2002, 05:46:01 PM
" Let me help with that. "

Kindo hoisted one of the massive boulders off of Wei, releasing him of the hefty load.

Krieger
Sep 10th, 2002, 03:01:29 PM
"Ofcourse! I'd love to help!" he said with enthusiasm. He then went to help his comrade.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 10th, 2002, 03:37:49 PM
"Thanks you two." Wei walked over to where his pile was and set down another ruined piece of a house. It would take a bit of doing to get all the houses repaired. then an idea formed in Wei's mind. "If we use all the debris from the ruined houses, we can make a wall to protect these people!"